• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Talents

Almost everyone on earth has a talent that makes them unique, and if you don't, you just haven't found it yet. So, to celebrate our uniquness, let's share what special talents we have with others :)

My talents, well, They're mostly nothing that could help me (as I said, MOSTLY). I have an odd talent to make noises similar to things I've heard (sorta like that guy from Police Academy). I can imitate birds, car alarms, monkeys, dogs, cats, and a fire engine :D I really love these, as I can really freak out my friends with the fire truck XD But I also can imitate other things, such as a small explosion (again, sound), gun shot, the wind, and sometimes even those generic energy sounds from different animes 83 (I love making my friends think that someone just fired the Kamehameha wave X3 As for voices, I can change my voice at will to sound like somebody else, mostly to tv characters (Jamie from Mythbusters and John Wayne are my favs X3) but I can also do cartoon characters and anime voices ((Cartoons) Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Tigger, Pooh, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc.
(anime) Edward Elric, Ichigo Kurosaki, Uryu Ishida, and I'm working on Madarao's voice from Kakaishi. (Video Games) Mostly I can impersonate Sonic chars (Sonic, (any of them XD), Knuckles, Shadow, Silver, and for some reason, Blaze, Rouge, and Elise :o), but I can also impersonate Sorah (both young and teen) and Cloud Strife.

As for physical talents, I have the ability to pop many of my joints, most of which without using my hands. I can pop my middle knuckle on my left hand simply by making a fist, freeze my pinky on my right hand, pop my jaw by simply moving it to the side (which has scared my friends XD), and pop my neck just by pressing my head against my shoulders. I also have an attention to detail, so I can tell if someone's been in my room or not (mom ::)).

Okay, that's my lackluster talents, let's hear yours :) (Please, this isn't a contest, an by far not a Mary Sue thing. If you have many talents, share ;D we want to know what you've got up your sleeve.)

Edit: Don't be afraid to tell us :) Even if its not a physical talent, if you think you're good at it, be it academics or photography, let us know ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very good at imitating the bobwhite. I am also very good at screaming extremely loudly. I loved that talent when I was younger...*sigh*

I'm fairly flexible as well, being able to bend completely in half and do strange things with my wrists like hyperrotating them.

Karate is something I love and try to do my best in. I'm not sure whether I have a talent in some aspect of that, but I'll pay more attention.

For a definite talent, I am good at singing. I have had only a few lessons, but I can hit the notes very well. However, I don't know how to read ligatto yet, so I have to hear the song first.

Hm, I've never really thought about it.

I don't know if I have any natural talents- except maybe my ability to glomptacklehug calculus, if by glomptacklehug you mean "own", and even that could be blamed on the influences of one Sho Minamimoto. I've also got a penchant for learning things in song, like digits of pi. Seriously, it's kind of scary.

As for things I've heard I'm good at, I've heard drawing, singing, and writing. I've got my good moments in all three, I guess, so they're kind of valid.

Anything else, I've had to work at- I do kung fu, and love it to death. I'm building up my flexibility slowly (my muscles are not too happy about it XD). My current goal still stands at an iron bridge from standing. It's tough if you're 19 and are just now for the first time doing anything athletic XP My final goal? Ever see The Fifth Element? If you have, the Diva fight scene. That's what I wish to achieve.

Nya, good question.

There's not a lot of things I'm good at it, but one thing I can name is archery. A recurve bow feels, for no reason, very natural in my hands and I'm good at the certain stances and pulling the cord. My results could be better, but it's more then average at my age and after only a few years of practice.

Drumming is another thing I have talent for: Be it jambee, taiko or any other drum instrument, I can play rythems quite good. Like archery, rythm feels very natural to me. Ironically, the drumming instrument I can play the worst is the drums.

The last thing is probably kayaking. I love the feeling of skidding accros the water in a kayak, and I've been told I go really fast. I'm good at steering the boat and keeping balance, too.

Em...I've been really pleased with my singing results in the past few years, and thankfully this year I attained honours. I also can play some simple things on the piano by ear, seeing as I gave the subject up a year or two ago. Other than the musical, the only sport that I "excel" >> in is swimming. I also kayak occasionally, and tend to speed away like something was chasing me.

I don't think it qualifies as speed-reading, but I do have a habit of gobbling through books faster than I should. Because of this, three books are present in my suitcase at any given time. Finally, I constantly have nutty half-ideas for universes and concepts of stories that I'll probably never write.

Pshh, I hung out with girls most of my childhood, giving me the ability to talk like a girl fairly well. Like, if I'm around the corner, and I begin talking like a girl, someone who does not know me will think I'm a girl. Seriously. I've also got a pretty good demon voice and evil laugh. I like to scare my friends late at night, to make them think there's a demon in the room.

I've been told that I'm a very good singer. I can sing in both tenor and bass, and I've been in All County Chorus for three years. And acting, I'm an awesome actor. Never need coaching fro my parts (At least, that's what my chorus teacher tells me.) And piano. I'm still a beginner, and I know a few songs, but I'm pretty good.

Various other talents include writing (Duh...) And archery, and Scrabble. I LOVE Scrabble.

Huh, guess that's all... *Ahem* Bai.

Ooh. I'm not really sure.

I guess you could say I'm pretty talented academically. (Spare history.) Particularly in math, physics, and biology. I can also imitate several different accents very well. (I have an Eastern American one.) Danish, Australian, Kiwi, Chinese, Russian, Romanian, Italian, and Dutch. I wouldn't say that's very useful, though. Yeah, it's impressive, but it won't do anything for me in the future.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I have a talent of tripping on flat surfaces, breaking almost anything I touch, and getting into fights with my parents every other hour.

Honestly, though, I'm very musically talented, as I've told many people already (in chat). I've always been in the top orchestra even though I only started to play the viola when I was in sixth grade, and I've gotten several prizes for piano. I've also been in the All-Region orchestras since 8th grade, which is a pretty amazing feat~

I also have a talent when it comes to learning a new language. So far, I know English, Chinese, and Spanish, and I'm rather fluent for all three. Pretty much no accent when I speak ^^. And thanks to anime, I've also learned several words in Japanese... at least a hundred, from what I remember. My parents also claim that I'm very good at math and science, since I'm so analytical and all...

However, I have abolutely no talent when it comes to sports. My hand-eye/foot coordination is horrible, I can't run without tripping or running into something, and I have a natural fear of flying objects. I'm only flexible and somewhat strong thanks to my genes, so any sport you'll see me do is related to dancing in some way <<

This is gonna sound kind of weird, but as far as natural talents go, I'm a pretty good runner. Like, even if I haven't run for weeks, I can usually knock out a mile or a mile and a half with little trouble. I suppose acting/improvising also counts as a natural talent, but both have been worked on.

And of course, photography xD. Though I've worked a lot on that ^^

Short post is short....but...that's it, really xD I enjoy all sorts of things, but the things I like to think I excel at are not that broad ^^;;

Well I do have over 3 talents that I'm credited for!

#1: Drawing: I've been drawing some pretty nice pictures for abotu 5 years now,I've been drawing Pokemon for a while.

#2: Beating Video games in a Few Days: I've actually beaten video games in a short amount of time,such as the first Mario RPG.

#3: Martial Arts: I just finished some extended training in my martial arts which has elevated me to a senior Yellow belt,I catch on quick with evasion and defensive moves.

#4: Fixing Computer Problems and removing cookies: I'm pretty well at this even though i've had no practice,I guess im just gifted with this ability.

I guess my only talent is having no talents :p ... - Lol I joke

I have a suprisingly good memory, and i'm smart in some areas, like in logical subjects, but I can't say I'm the best, I'm either average at something or just really bad at it,
Also, when we get a new wii game or something like that, I seem to beat it (or get further in it) then my sisters, -but looking at my Pearl wi-fi battle record im not the best ::)
I pick things up easily, and sitting in my bedroom I seem to have talents in making mess :p
In summer I can sunbathe for the united kingdom and can tan dead easy (if that counts)
And taking forever to get ready (but every girl has that talent :))

Shiny Eevee said:
I have a talent of tripping on flat surfaces and breaking almost anything I touch,
I have this talent too - including the talent to fall UP stairs xD

Well I guess thats it - its funny that I had to think really hard to write all these pointless talents ;)

These are my talents:

#1: I was one of the smartest boys in my class, (I just moved to High School).

#2: I can complete Pokemon games really fast! Examples: I completed the ENGLISH version, (Yes, English!) of Pokepark Wii, Pikachu's Adventure in four days, and I completed Pokemon Soul Silver in about 2 weeks!

#3: I can dance!

#4: I am REALLY good at confusing people! This is a conversation I had with my sister a couple of days ago about Nintendogs:

Sister: Charlie, did you use MY dog in a contest?
Me: Yes!
Sister: You die now!
Me: Leave me alone, I didn't do the contest!
Sister: You just said you did!
Me: No I didn't!
Sister: OK...
Me: I like chicken-flavoured fruitcake!

Hmm...talents....

1: Martial Arts.
I'd saaaay...about 7 years now that I've been training. In those years, I've learned how to wield swords, using my energy, and other things. Now, I'm still learning how to fight with my legs.

2: Artistic Skills
Not much of a self-made talent. My family is VERY artisticaly gifted. So, it was no wonder I was drawing really good drawings back in grade 6.

3: Free-running
I. Am. A free-runner. Quite literal to say, I've ALWAYS been a free-runner. Since I was 9, I ran and climbed things fast. Jumped up things, fallen down bigger things. Free-running is in my past, present, and hopefully, future.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Most of my 'talents' are artistic in nature - mostly in the fields of drawing/writing/music - I've been told that I'm pretty good at drawing/writing/playing the guitar/singing.

Otherwise... As most people who know me know, I have a natural knack for punnery and obscure references as well as an insane memory for useless factoids. I used to have a knack for languages (which is how I taught myself English) but It seems to have faded over the years. I'm a pretty good cook, and also, I have a pretty awesome vocal range. I've been told before that I could make a good VA If I put my mind to it. ^^;

Supposedly I have quite a bit of brainpower which allows me to compensate for various fails. >>;

Also I'm ridiculously flexible. Always have been. I have no idea how. o_O

I can recite pi for quite a bit (3.141592653589793238462643383) along with the complete lyrics of Technologic and a whole lot of rap songs.
I can do some pretty hard impersonations like Zoidberg and Stimpy. (Who both happen to be voiced by Billy West)
I can put both of my legs behind my head and walk on my hands and other contortiony things.
I can do some improvised rap.
I can crack pretty much every joint in my body.
I can block pretty much any blockable attack. (Helpful when my friends try to dack me.)

Wellll, I dunno if this counts as a talent, really, but I have a knack for remembering text and definitions of words. When I was younger and really into Harry Potter (I still am now, but I was a pretty hardcore fan when I was a kid) I would memorize all the Harry Potter spells, even the ones that only appeared once or twice, and remember what they did. I'm not an actor, but if we have to do a short skit for a class or something (we actually have to do this quite a bit in some classes) I can usually remember my lines pretty well.

Vocab words are like my favorite thing in English class 'cause I'm good at remembering them. I don't usually study them but I still end up recalling more than most people in my class. I don't take French anymore, but I found it pretty easy to remember the French vocab words too. I couldn't necessarily conjugate them all properly, but I knew them. :D

Other than that, I guess I'm not naturally talented at anything. I was really flexible as a kid and could do gymnastic-y things well, but that kind of went away when I became a lazy piece of shit. :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm with some of these other peoples. I don't think I have a talent. If anything, I seem to be the type of person who's fairly good at lots of things but never really good at anything in particular. Ahh, the joys of being average. :p

One thing that could be considered a talent is my ability to find lost items. When someone loses something in a household/room/etc., I tend to be the one who finds it. I guess it's because I consider all of the possibilities, the background information I was given, and immediately go for places others wouldn't ever think to look. Maybe I would've made a good detective? XD

Another thing I'm fairly good at is lucid dreaming. Could that be considered a talent? Apparently it's a learned/taught skill, and I didn't need to 'teach' myself to lucid dream. I just can - quite effectively in some cases and on a regular basis. It's fun. ^^

I have a few talents, not alot but a few.

I am very musicly talented. I play flute, guitar violin, recorder, and I'm in my school's chorus.

I can draw. I've always been pretty good at art. The first thing I drew was a horse, when I was three.

And lastly, I'm very smart. I score advanced on pretty much every big test at school, I'm in the enrichment program at school, I can read at a high school level, and I just know alot of things.

I have some mroe, but I can't think of them at the moment, as they don't contribute to my life as those ones do.