• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Take One Guess(Yes, it's team-help)

Really now people, take a guess. Not that hard is it?

I wanna try an' get a good Aipom for battles. I don't want advice for anything but, so thanks, but don't post something like "are you sure you don't want to use Ambipom for the stats?" Yes. I'm sure. : p

Anyway, I'll do anything, just not IVs. Thanks in advance everyone.

I'll help you out, Cody.

Well, for starters, Aipom best stat is speed and then attack. So you want a Physical Sweeper Aipom.

Aipom@Quick Claw
Jolly Nature
252 speed/ 252 attack
-Last Resort
-Aerial Ace
-Shadow Claw
-Ice/Fire/Thunder Punch

Shadow claw to take out ghost pokemon, AA to take out fighting types, Ice/Fire/Thunder punch for whatever and Last Resort as a final move.

Hoped this helps you.

Aipom@Salac Berry / Liechi Berry
Jolly Nature
76 Def / 196 Atk / 236 Spe

-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Return
-Shadow Claw

Pretty basic build, can also be turned into a more varied version with an elemental punch instead of Focus Punch for those times you just cant keep a Sub up nicely.

There is also the more traditional build, the Anti-Lead. Which I find suits the cheeky monkey more :p

Aipom@Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Spe

- Taunt
- U-turn
- Counter
- Fake Out

Fake Out turn one, if you predict a boost do taunt for turn 2. If not Use Counter on what would normaly be a KO hit if you were not sashed. U-turn on the switch.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Aipom can also take a more supportive role:

Aipom @ King's Rock/Focus Sash
Jolly
Run Away

- Fake Out
- Fling/Agility
- Nasty Plot/Agility
- Baton Pass

Fake out causes a flinch, and Flinging the King's Rock will flinch the opponent again, unless you decide to play it safe with Focus Sash since Aipom's defenses are poor and he will likely get OHKO'd by any attack from a sweeper. Boost your stats with either Nasty Plot or Agility, then pass the stats over to someone who can make good use of the boost.

You should really base your Aipom on speed.
Aipom
-Baton Pass
-Aerial Ace
-Agility (of Course)
-Swift

Aerial Ace and Swift never miss so they're a must have while baton pass can get you out of tough spots. And Agility is for speed.