• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Sprout Labratory

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Ciara had been lying on the cold floor for a little over two hours, and her joints were starting to stiffen. She stood, arched her back, and began pacing to ease the ache she felt in her underused limbs. She shook her head to clear the muddled thoughts swirling in a sluggish cesspool and turned the length of her body in the tiny confines of her enclosure. Her eyes flicked over the other ‘mons once again, and her gaze was drawn in particular to a Golett.

The Delcatty felt a peculiar sense of kinship with the Golett, since he’d been there nearly as long as she. Of course, they’d never talked; Ciara just wasn’t the type, and she doubted he’d like to hear her depressing outlook on their already crappy lives. Plus, they were ten cages apart, and that didn’t make for very good conversation.

Fur rose along her spine. She could feel the impending onset of another rage. She couldn’t control it, but she destroyed her prison every time it happened. Ciara continued to pace and prepare for the worst.

When the raging fit struck, it struck hard. Immediately, the Delcatty was seized with the inexplicable desire to kill and destroy and kill and destroy until there was nothing left to kill and destroy. Claws bit into the wall as she scrabbled at the metal, eyes blazing red with fury. A tail like a whip lashed against the still-full bowl of kibble, sending it skidding, kibble spilling out of it. There wasn’t much else in her cube to destroy, so she ran about like... well, a Delcatty in a frenzy, until the rage burned itself out. Ciara collapsed on the floor again, panting with the explosion of untamed, unrelenting, uncontrollable power. Her head resting on her paws once again, she continued her listless practice of apathetic observation.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
King winced sightly as the psychic move did more damage than he would have assumed, but now seeing that the rattata is now preparing for an counter strike, king canceled his thunder Punch to grab rattata tail mid-swing, and then started to repeatedly slam it into the ground.
"Honestly, I guess it's time to finish this, you're pretty much getting boring, but I guess all good things must come to an end."
King said as he dangled the barely conscious rattata and decided to finish it off with a power-up punch.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Clad was, as usual, curled up in a ball in the corner of his enclosure, sleeping off his previous experiment.
A loud commotion woke him. That delcatty again. He really should have been used to her outbursts.
Slowly, his limbs and head started detaching from his base, making a small whirring sound.
As he rose, Clad flexed his arms.
Aching pain, irritation, and stiff.
Looks good.
He searched the space around his enclosure. There seemed to be some new members. He took notice of the an eevee, delcatty, and a quagsire.
Clad had no idea what time it was, probably early, but he decided to do something to pass it.
He stomped over his enclosure, his version of pacing, wondering whether he should go back to sleep again.

Iota, lying on her back, looked over to the red punching bag in her closure. It was there, waiting to get ripped and torn and beaten. However, the item itself only had a few rips and tears here and there. Despite having enhanced stats, Iota hardly ever used the bag. She actually dislikes fighting and only did it if the humans forced her to.
There’s nothing better to do, the Raichu sighed. She scampered over to the punching bag and hit it as many times as she could. Not a single thought passed through the Raichu’s head except the thought of overcoming boredom. Once her feat was done, Iota took deep breaths, glancing at the abused object.

Scamper the yamper

Previously Pokemonwolf667
Yawn, so boring. The Growlithe thought, she wasn't used to this much boredom. She kept counting her laps, "1278, 1279, 1280" she'd finish counting for a second and sat down, staring at the fire her tracks left while she ran. I'll feel fresh air soon. Milla said, hoping no one would answer.

10:55

The Rattata dizzily looked around, stunned, having no way to escape from King’s Power-up Punch.
“Huh, they didn’t last long. Nice job, A28. Go ahead and finish them off.”
Bringing out what looked like a Leppa Berry, he put it in the cage and watched King get ready to just about murder the poor Rattata.
————
“I’m borrrreeeed.”

“I’m bored, I’m bored, I’m bored!”

Gumi would whine as she flung the plastic vines around. It’s 10:55, can’t it just be classified as 11? I just wanna get out of here!
The Reuniclus sighed as she crawled over to the sliding door, careful not to bang on it. Then she stared at it like a Rockruff waiting for it’s owner to return, but this time waiting for the door to beep, and make a click.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
King's fist smashed right into the Rattata face and send it hard into the ground with its body not moving. "All right, I guess you did a good job for being my warm up for today." King said as he crossed his arms and started walking towards the human, wanting to keep return to his room, but after a couple seconds he turn towards the joltik. "Hope and pray that you don't have me as your opponent." King smirked as he threaten the joltik.

Iota looked over to the Reuniclus, who was in the same predicament as her.
At least she gets to have plastic vines to play with, the Raichu narrated to herself. “I also wanna get out of here,” Iota replied to the Reuniclus. She was currently lying against a wall, standing on her head. Iota didn’t even realize that she had spoken to the other Pokemon.

11:04

“Huh. Looks like it’s time for you guys to wander around.”
Picking up King and sliding the cart outside, right after he locked the door he placed the cages down to let them wander. As the berry tumbled out, he released King and Wyatt. By now the enclosure doors were starting to open automatically, and some mons were starting to groggily tumble out, some cheering quietly.

Scamper the yamper

Previously Pokemonwolf667
Finally, time to go out, Milla said cheerfully as she ran to get out. Whatever The rockruff said upsettingly. The rockruff, when it got out just sat down, on the other hand, Milla ran around counting the laps she did and increasing her speed, I just got out here and I've already done 1,398 laps!!

Neko slowly wandered out of his enclosure. He brushed his ears with his paws a final time, before heading to the other side of Section A. He saw the Growlithe come out, and only barely stepped out of the way before she came sprinting past. He shrugged, and looked at the other pokemon, the Drednaw. He considered turning around and running, but he was too close by now. He smiled weakly and introduced himself. "H-hello. I'm Neko. I- I just thought maybeyouwouldn'tmurdermeifwebecamefrie- I mean, m-maybe you wouldn't mind hanging out in the yard later... I p-personally don't mind if you don't want to but... maybe we could figure something out to try and escape... I could remove your s-shock collar as well... my dad told me how to d-do stuff like that so... we could even get other p-people to help. I heard a Quagsire was once planning to escape, so maybe we could get him." Neko shuffled back and prepared to be attacked by her. He had seen how violent she was in the few months he had been here. He wondered if he should run. I may have said too much.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Slowly stomping out, Clad looked around. He had never minded being locked in the enclosure, why would he bother the people here? Besides, he liked to sleep, it made his body hurt less. He retracted his limbs and curled up somewhere in the front his enclosure, deciding that he would rather sleep than exhaust himself like that growlithe over there. There he slept, looking as inconspicuous as a small boulder with weird markings and cracks could.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
King chase after his leppa berry as it was rolling down the floor, but before he could reach it, he slammed into a large Drednaw head first. King hit ground and held his head with both hands and started rolling and yelling in pain across the room.
"Aaaaahhhhh...son of a...aaaaahhhh....What the hell did I hit, I don't remember a boulder being there!" King said as he slowly stand up and look up at his head to see a large bump on his head.

=Nightshade=

Ciara growled as the door hissed open with a hydraulic shunk. Almost immediately, the hall between cages was turned into a zoo. This was her least favorite part of every day; it forced her to socialize. Ew. Barf. Gross. Reluctantly, she slid fluidly out of her cage with catlike grace.

Feeling uncomfortable and out of place, Ciara nevertheless found it nice to be able to pace something bigger than seven square feet. She sank her teeth into the haunch of a bright blue Mareep who’d gotten too close, then slipped away before she could be convicted. Her fur stood on end with a combination of fear, hatred, anger, and discomfort. She snapped at those who came too close to her “personal bubble”. Hissing and spitting, she prepared herself for another forty-five minutes of torture.

Iota strolled out of her cage, lost in a crowd full of all sorts of Pokémon. Her head quickly turned around in several directions, looking for some Pokémon to talk to. Despite having been at the lab for several months, Iota hardly ever interacted with the other subjects. It was usually hard for her to strike up any sort of conversation with others.
A group of newcomer Pokémon mistook her for a Pikachu, and Iota didn’t bother correcting them. She had gotten used to it by now.

Algae wasn’t having a good time.

Everymon that he so far had asked to help him either declined, or mocked him the second he said he needed help with the plan.
“Escaping? Impossible!” One said.
“Do you want us to die?” Another shouted.
Great. Not only are the scientists weak and pitiful, but so are the Pokémon here. He walked up to a peculiar Pikachu… or Raichu… he didn’t really know. Then again, everyone else here was peculiar, too. “Hey! I need some mons to help escape, we’ll think of a plan! Do it, or I rip your head off.”
He silently muttered that last part to himself. After everything that happened today so far, he really wasn’t feeling to put on his nice act any longer. @ChocoChipBrownie

Wyatt hunched down when he was threatened, and prepared to skitter away. However, the Elekid moved away fairly quickly, and Wyatt was left to his own devices. Thus he began wandering around, waiting for... something.

Molly glared at the babbling Espurr. She wasn't as angry as she might have been, but she still considered using Crunch to get it to just shut up already. She was still trying to decide when am Elekid slammed into her. She barely felt the bump, but it just made her even more irate. Her neck stretched out and around to glare at the electric type. She scratched one foot along the ground, ready to fight any second.

Neko looked at the Drednaw, and put his arms behind his back. He changed his attention to the Elekid who crashed into her. Then at the Drednaw. Then back at the Elekid. He drew a line across his neck, suggesting what might happen, then slowly moved away. He realised he was still standing there. He tried again, but failed to get away. He figured that he should pretend to be tough and side with the stronger one. Neko didn't really know who was.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
After looking at his bump on his forehead, he scowled at himself before turning around to face what he hit and saw a large Drednaw and had a surprised look on his face for a couple of seconds before he scowled at the Drednaw and pointed at it.
"Who the hell do you think you are standing in my way, move it you oversized boulder you're standing right beneath my snack, otherwise you're going to be tasting a knuckle sandwich with a hint of electricity down your throat!" King yelled as he made a thunder Punch in one of his hands pointing at the Drednaw.

Iota turned to the Quagsire. “A plan? To escape this place? But that’s impossible..” she replied. But deep down, she was willing to get in on the plan. Iota also heard the Pokémon whisper something quietly to himself, but she ignored it.
The Raichu noticed a fight between an Espurr, Drednaw, and some other Pokémon going on near them.

Despite being weak to both Electric and Fighting moves, the Drednaw was angry now. She reared back as she saw the Thunder Punch gathering, and although she was fairly slow, her head quickly shot out to Headbutt the Elekid back and keep it off balance. Once her attack was launched her fron legs came back down, sqaured with the Elekid's position and ready to take any incoming attacks.

Algae scowled. “Fine. I’ll go look for some other mon who’s actually willing to risk their lives.” He turned away, making sure to avoid the quarreling Elekid and Drednaw. Stupid mons, maybe I’ll just go by myself.

Gumi was watching the drama from a distance, making sure not to get close. A crowd was starting to storm up around her, wanting to watch the two battle. After all, something like this didn’t happen too often.

=Nightshade=

Ciara watched warily from the corner she had squished herself into. She turned and bared her teeth when she caught movement from the corner of her eye, then let her fur lie flat again. It was just the Quagsire. He was tolerable, most of the time. Of course, they were normally ten cages apart, so that might’ve had something to do with it. If she recalled correctly, he was pro-escaping, but he needed some help. She certainly wouldn’t mind providing that; she had nothing to lose besides her life, and if this was her life, she’d rather die. Slowly, apprehensively, she wove through the rowdy pack of ‘mons towards the Quagsire.

“Hey, listen,” she said. Her tone was dejected, not purposefully; that was just her voice. “I heard what you said to that Pika-Raichu-whatever. I’m willing to help. Free or dead, that’s how I see it. Free or dead!”

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
King rolled back by a couple of feet after he was hit with a headbutt which made the pain in his head worse and made him clutch his head. "God dang it, what's with you Pokemon and you aiming for my head!" King said as she glanced towards Drednaw with one of his arms glowing orange and dashed towards the Drednaw with a mach punch aiming at her lower jaw.

Molly was still retracting her head back to its normal position from the Headbutt, and the Mach Punch caught her in a furious uppercut that sent her head up in the air. It hurt, and she gave a bellow of pain. Her head came slamming back down, though, in a furious Counter. Not minding the bruises, her head slammed down for the Elekid once more.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
King smirked as he extended both of his arms to grab the Drednaw head but was beginning to be pushed back from her strength. "Hahahahahaha.....You're the first pokemon to actually beat me in strength but clearly you're not the brightest because even I know it's not really smart to get this close with an electric type and I'll show you why!" King said as he covered his body with electricity and plan to pour it all into the Drednaw.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Clad woke up again.
A fight?
Immediately, his limbs came out of his base. He faced the dreadnaw and elekid, who were fighting pretty savagely.
Clad considered stopping the fight, and going back to sleep, but he doubted that they would stop with his intervention.
Alright fine. Screw sleep I guess.
He stomped toward the group of pokemon surrounding the scuffle. Maybe there was someone he could talk to.

Neko hopped out of the way to avoid the fight that he could be blamed for starting. Not like he meant for a random bad-tempered Elekid to run into the bad-tempered Drednaw that he just happened to be speaking to at the exact moment. The more Neko thought about it, the more he realised he wasn't very good for just about anything. Unless if you would count psychic power your entire family were born with as talent. I guess he could be good as a meat shield or distraction. Neko discarded the thought and headed to his cage. He overheard a Delcatty talking to Algae about escaping. I knew I had heard Algae plotting to escape. He quickly stopped and turned. "I could help... I think. As long as I don't have to fight any pokemon, at least. I'm ok with hurting a scientist. N-Not that I have done that ever before..." The list of things Neko was good for was quickly becoming empty.

Molly's head began to draw back from the strike. Since the Elekid had grabbed on, he was being pulled along with, but suddenly the Drednaw felt a spasm of electric shock course through her. It was painful, even worse than the shock collar. But that same device had shocked her so many times that she knew how to suffer through the pain. With a roar of outrage and pain, Molly slammed out her neck once again, trying to crush her opponent between her tough head and the nearest wall.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
King was surprised when the Drednaw didn't try to fling them off, but instead to slam him in between her head and the wall, so he canceled his electricity and jumped off at the last possible second landing behind the Drednaw. "Ohhhh....I guess I hit a nerve didn't I, but what would you expected form a big dumb rock." King said as he proudly laughed at the Drednaw.

Molly’s head pulled back in, and a large portion of someone’s cage was impaled upon her head spike. With another furious roar, she reared back. It seemed at first as she was merely angry and hurt, but it was soon apparent that there was more going on. Large boulders appeared in the air and dropped at King, a powerful Rock Tomb attack. Even if none hit him, they made a barrier around the hall that’s made maneuvering very difficult. Meanwhile, the rim of her shell began to glow, and soon blades of water appeared. She lunged forward, with a full on attacking Razor Shell.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
King barely managed to dodge the giant boulders, but one managed to scrape him on the leg making him take a knee. King then returned his focus on the Drednaw noticing her charging at him. "Oh you want to play it like that then, dynamic pun-Ugh."
King said as his arm glow dark orange but then disappeared as his muscles began to ache and before he could recover he was hit by the Drednaw razor shell send flying back.
Damn it! Not now this can't be happening to me right now. Move! Do something you worthless body, anything!

King thought as his body refused to listen to his command and was screaming to him to stop trying to move.

=Nightshade=

Ciara whirled and arched her back, ears laid back and hissing in an expression of defiance. Then she realized that it was not a particularly threatening Pokémon, and he also wanted to escape. Her fur flattened once again, and she forced her ears to prick up the tiniest bit.

The battle between the Elekid and Drednaw was getting more heated, and was infringing upon Ciara’s personal space. She bared her teeth at them halfheartedly before leaping up onto a cage to avoid being run over. From atop the glass cube, she let her tail and front paws dangle over the edge as she peered down at Algae and Neko with a supremely uninterested gaze; again, just what she looked like. She really couldn’t summon up or express any emotion after her apathetic existence for the past 352 days. Yes, she’d been counting; it wasn’t like she’d had anything better to do.

“I’m tired of this crap,” she proclaimed to the two. “Scientists are turds and this place is a heap of manure. It’s time to take a stand and get the hell outta here.”

Algae’s dull, beady eyes brightened up. “Really?”
Then they dulled. “Oh, right, there’s only two, and with those destructive, loud bimbos, we should find another area.”
He looked up at the Delcatty on the glass cage (that oddly wasn’t picked up from that scientist) and rubbed his nonexistent ears at the ruckus from those two.

A group of scientists rushed over to the drama.
“A28! A30! WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO YOU TWO?” One of them roared, multiple Pokémon scurrying out of their path.
One held a remote, and was seemingly just about to push the button.
Another looked at the destroyed walls and debris. They all had different expressions; pride, anger, joy, fear.
Some mons were just about to pounce and maul them, which Algae wished would happen, but they all knew what they would get if they did that.

As soon as she rammed King back with her Razor Shell attack, she was done. Unless he attacked her again, of course. In that case she would keep fighting, but now she had vented her rage. Then the scientists came in. She leered at them, ready to act if they made a wrong move. Although she didn’t show it, she was hurting quite a bit from the Super Effective moves her opponent had used. Now that the scientists had stormed in, she was in no mood to comply with anyone, but she had to pick her fights carefully now.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
King slowly got to his feet and gripped his orange side of his arm as his orange side was slowly covering the yellow on his skin and glared at the Drednaw. "Don't you dare think that this is over, when I can fully control this new power I'll pound you and everyone else here into the ground and I'll prove everyone here that I'm number one, but in the meantime tell me your name so I remember it until our rematch or are you too stupid that you don't know how to talk either." King smirked as he knew that the Drednaw couldn't do much with the humans watching us.

Rex had got out of his cage and let’s just say he wasn’t keen on this.
“Why do they even make us go out? I wanna just leave this joint... but what’re the chances?”, he thought to himself. Then he realised. Didn’t that Quagsire want to escape too? He decides to wander around for the time being, with a minuscule seed of hope in his mind.