• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sprites n' Stuff

I've been having a lot of these awkward moments in which I read a thread, and am absolutely sure I have posted there, but I haven't.

Now was another one of those ^^;

You're an excellent spriter. I was amazed by some of the splices on your first page, especially the Catermew one. Your framed sprites have also become somewhat of a "thing" here on 'Charms. It's become your trademark art ^^

I love the snow covered Piloswine from earlier. It looks so cute and fluffy ^^Just putting snow on a Pokémon can really make it look a lot nicer sometimes :>

The Emboar and Rapigrass frames are excellent as well. The Emboar one is cool because he is so big ^^ He fills up almost the entire frame! Rapigrass is just awesomely made, and when the stun of amazement from the actual sprite settles, the leaves in the frame are actually very pretty as well ^^ May I ask what you used as the leaves in that sprite?

To sum it up; excellent work, I'll be stalking this here thread and looking forward to seeing some more material from you! ^^

~Weeds

Glad you like it Louie :)

Thanks for all the compliments Weeds. As for the leaves in the Rapigrass, they are all scratched, including the leaves on the frame.
Emboar actually fills up more than the whole frame. I had to cut off some of his arms and feet to make him fit.

Your favorite splice is Catermew? That's the one I usually get the worst feedback on, I think it was my 7th splice? So some good feedback on it is nice. Thank you~

Oh, and if anyone noticed the first trainer sprite's shirt says 'Kip on it :)

I just wanted to introduce my new charrie Candy~
(Also: Woo, no transparency~!)
2bdse9.png

wchd2g.png

Mixing other trainers together is fun :)
I don't know what I'm going to do with her though... Maybe just make her and do nothing~?

Um, no. If you want anything, use the forms.

Also, as of now, there will be a limit on who can request, so it doesn't take forever as it did before. I will be taking up to 5 requests at a time, and you can only request one thing at a time.

Thank you, and come again~!

2zfr6v9.png

A lineless Lilligant. Nothing more to say. What no, I'm not being too lazy to make it transparent >.>

Edit:
I made this mermaid trainer thing~
vngoio.png

I tried to make the hair look wavy. It didn't turn out to well though...

Guess what~?
[me=Ked]has made some sprites :3[/me]

2qtaahe.png

Candy's teamshot. Baby-fying Swablu was hard D:

3461e1y.png

Mouthless Pikumbreon is mouthless.

mre26u.gif

Pointless animation ♥

2rokcnd.png

I don't think I posted this yet. Just a bunch of revamps I did~ Voltorb is terrible D:

282jayf.png

A mugshot for my mermaid sprite. I have to change the top in the sprite to purple to math this.

2vt4jsk.png

A really bad trainer I did. This is what happens when you take a big-headed baby and stick it on someone else~ Notice her lack of shoes.

6f14q0.png

And an unfinished Blitzle chao~!

[me=Ked]is back D:<[/me]

I did a few things, mainly Fakemon stuff. So yeah, enjoy~!

15xwmzl.png

Byrnine
The flaming puppy Pokemon
Fire Type
Height 2' 3"
Weight 12lb.
Byrnine are attracted to fires. Their fire-like fur and markings help them blend in with raging fires.

1pdzt5.png

Wolfire
The burning wolf Pokemon
Fire/Dark Type
Height 3' 1"
Weight 25lb.
The fur on their head and paws resembles fire, making foes wary. Although the only fire on their body is the tail, Wolfire are capable of shooting fire from their mouth.

2eqam0w.png

This is Nora, my dark type and the second gymleader. I think she's one of my best Frankensprites.
34guf0h.png

And the Breaker Badge~! When you defeat Nora you'll get this.

246tboz.png

I'm not sure if I posted her yet. If I did, you should know that this is Jamie, the first and fire type gymleader!
34zeipt.png

And her badge, the Flame Badge~

Now, some non-Fakemon stuff.
123veza.png

The Piloswine revamp I entered in the sprite contest. I won runner-up with it, so I love it now ♥

9k3qdf.png

Some palettes I made awhile back. Feel free to request recolors using them~!

I think that's about it. C+C is appreciated :)

Why, hello there~
You would like to see some sprites, wouldn't you~?

33clxee.png

This is Oceanna, Imech's water type gym leader. I'm very proud of how I got the different pieces to look almost natural~

zn7jb5.png

This is Ashley, one of my friends. I don't think I used more than one trainer to make this one...

332arfk.png

This is Jamie's mugshot. I think I might redo it sometime to make her look more like a girl.

I think that's about it. Feel free to leave feedback, suggestions, and requests~!

Why haven't I commented here before?
Anwaysss, you're a really talented spriter! I like all your recent work it's really good! I would love to travel to Imech region it seems rather intresting ^^! I love that Mugshot of Jamie it's brilliant, did you scratch it? I don't think you have to redo it, it's rather obvious that it's a girl ^^. Although, it could use some extra shading on the her face, seeming there is only one colour. I also love the water gym leader you can see how much effort you put into making her and she turned out great! I am also very fond of that little trainer, I love the hairstyle you gave her, it looks nice! :> Anywayss, Keep up the awesome work Ked! No reuqests from me, just a comment ^.^.

Shaymin ~*

Eeee, those sprites are so awesome!
I love that Oceanna sprite, Jamie's mugshot is awesome, you are very good at trainer sprites indeed!
Very well done Ked, I shall look forward to seeing more :3

... Odd. I was sure I posted here before... Oh well.
All I can say... Your sprites are really good! I love the framed ones! And I also love the Oceanna sprite! Also, I have a request, if it wouldn't trouble you too much.
Re-Heads
What Pokemon: Infernape
Girl or boy (for differences between genders): Girl
What gen (for official sprites): IV
Official or custom colors: No difference

Shaymin ~ said:
I love that Mugshot of Jamie it's brilliant, did you scratch it?
Actually, no. I used Grimsley as the base, since he had the pose and that scarf of his made it easy for me to put in the coat lining on Jamie. And thank you for the complements, you are quite talented yourself :)

@PokeGirlPraure
Haha, thanks for the complements. Here's your sprite~!
24qoajs.png

Code:
[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/24qoajs.png[/img]
I do hope it looks alright and not too derpish :>

Glad you like it :)
I wasn't sure if you would or not, though.

Anyways, here's Oceanna's horrible mugshot~
2czc237.png

Her hair was really hard to do, yet it still turned out terribly. The scarf thing looks more like a neck brace than a scarf, and her face also looks really derpy :>

I'm back! For now anyways, I'm going away for a week on Saturday.

@lukash I will make you a mugshot if you use the forms :)

First off, I finished the fire line for my Fakemon region~
2uivoll.png

I also have some little things for a few of these guys, including back sprites and icons.

Next, I have this Scolipede cosplay. I'm not sure if I posted this yet or not.
2yo3ajq.png

Her hair looks horrible -.-

The last thing I have is for Independence Day on Monday.
2ij22r4.png

I made it now since I won't be home on Monday and probably won't have any computer access on vacation, or the time to make anything like this before we go.

Which thing?
None of the Fakemon are scratched, the Scolipede cosplay isn't scratched, and the flag is fully scratched~

Ked said:
Which thing?
None of the Fakemon are scratched, the Scolipede cosplay isn't scratched, and the flag is fully scratched~

Hmm, well I thought that the fakemon were scratched...

Certain parts are scratched, like Byrnine's collar and the little flames on Canitro's back, but they are mostly just parts from other Pokemon fused together :)

mugshot:
Girl or boy:boy
Base:B/W N
Hair Description:long-ish brown hair
Eye color:brown
Description of clothes:white shirt,black trousers,blue cap
of this pic:
lukash_by_ultimate_shadow_chao-d3ftb60.png

I'm back~

@lukash
That's better :D
2v09x.png

Code:
[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2v09x.png[/img]
I hope it looks somewhat like what you were expecting. I couldn't really tell some of the smaller details in the sprite, so I just guessed.

Wow you are really good! I need to learn a few things from you, cause when I make a sprite I end up making a whole background story on it, even though people don't care about that >_<

Anyways, I was wondering if you could do me a solid and make a splice of Reshiram, Rayquaza, and Giratina. If that's too complicated it's cool, I just wanna see a half-holy-half-evil-snake-dragon-esque sort of deal.
So I guess the template would look like this...?

Form: Half holy, half evil (hence the holy looking Reshiram and the evil looking Giratina)
Two Pokemon: Reshiram and Giratina
Base Pokemon: Rayquaza
Colors: The Reshiram half should be sort of heavenly, so I would imagine whites and golds. While the Giratina half should look demonically, so like blacks, reds, maybe a few purples.

Looking forward to seeing that 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
I forget to post here way too much...

septemberd.png

This one is a mugshot of myself. I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

animalcrossingblue.png

This is my character in Animal Crossing. I like how the dress came out, but that's about it.

winterpurple.png

This is just some random winter trainer. Furry and shiny things are probably my favorite things to sprite.

levylatown.png

This is a map for Levyla Town in my region. It is in the middle of the region, between two mountains and is home to the day-care. I think the bridge might be a little short, though.

@Mikayla I finished your request, now I just have to make it transparent.

@Black Heart I'm about half-way done with your fusion. Does it look alright to you so far?

heavenlydevilsnake.png

You said you wanted some purple in there, so I just used lighter purple for the holy side and darker purple for the evil side.

From now on I will not require forms. However, please be a little descriptive when you ask for something.

Hi! can you make a frame for my dear serperior?
Background Color: light blue
Color of frame: green
Shaded (yes or no):yes please

Ked said:
animalcrossingblue.png

This is my character in Animal Crossing. I like how the dress came out, but that's about it.

I think the Pokeball is being held a bit oddly on that Animal Crossing sprite. It looks like it's slipping out of her hand. Other than that, it's great.