• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sprite Ensemble

Rex

Resident Furry
What is this? A revamp? You would be correct! This time around, I think I'll take Requests. I'll outline some ground rules below, but first, let's show off some samples. Bare with me here, as I'll be delving back into my sprite works, and show the nine most recent additions to each of my little collections. Of course, since my topics are quite narrow, I may just be showing all the way back to some of my earliest works.

---

Resident Evil Cast:
Alpha_Team__Albert_Wesker_by_Tonywolf75.png
Alpha_Team__Brad_Vickers_by_Tonywolf75.png
Alpha_Team__Chris_Redfield_by_Tonywolf75.png
UBCS__Nicholai_Ginovaef_by_Tonywolf75.png
birkinspritev2.png
Umbrella__James_Marcus_by_Tonywolf75.png
Umbrella__Annette_Birkin_by_Tonywolf75.png

My oldest collection. Albert Wesker on the far left was my first attempt at spriting with a Gen IV Trainer base. From left to right we have Albert Wesker, Brad Vickers, Chris Redfield, Nicholai Ginovaef, William Birkin, James Marcus, and Annette Birkin.

Original Pokemon Characters:
sethv5.png
alecv4.png
dilanv4.png
shanev1.png
alexanderv3.png
andrev4.png
andrewv2.png
scottv1.png
cidv3r.png
richardv1.png

Other Original Characters:
isaacv1.png
kirkv3r.png
spencerv1y.png
tonyv4.png
rexbuizelv1.png
failotter.png

Blazblue Cast:
hazamav1h.png

Gen III Updates:
drakespritev1.png
roxannev1.png

Simple showcase of a few Gen III Hoenn and Kanto characters that I, either over request or on my own, update to Gen V standards. So far, we have the fourth E4 Member, Drake, and the first Gym Leader, Roxanne.

---

Right, now that we are through with those, I have rules for you all and the request forms.

Rules of Requests:
1. I will not accept any requests unless a comment is first written about the work already shown. I'd like to get better at spriting, but I can't do that unless you guys point out what I've done wrong. A simple few sentences will suffice, what you like and what I should fix should be fine. Think of it as payment for my time working on your sprite.
2. Do not pester me if I take time for your requests. I will work on it as fast as I can, but things take time.
3. I will accept no more then three requests at a time, to save myself from being swamped. I will provide a list at the bottom showing what is still open and what is not. If the list is full, please hold off your request until there is room.

Sprite Request forms:
Clothed Pokemon:
  • Species:
VG/Movie Character:
  • Name:
  • Media:
Alternatively!
  • Picture: (Full body picture only!)
Trainer:
  • Appearance: (The more descriptive the better.)

---

List of Requests:
  • -Open!-
  • -Open!-
  • -Open!-

Rex

Resident Furry
Re: Rex's Sprite Show

I've done next to nothing recently, but I finally made enough to think it warrants an update.

nevergonna.png

So first off we have a sucky Rick Astley showing off one of his many outfits from his hit single "Never Gonna Give You Up". If any of you have ever gotten Rickrolled or watched the video for fun, you may recognize it as the first outfit he's seen wearing.

theassassinteam2.png

Next we have six of my favorite original characters. The Assassin Team from a darker and more gritty PMD-esc. world. The Buizel is Seth, the leader. Next we have Jake the Lucario. Then Claire the Sneasel, Sven the Shiny Smeargle, Andre the Linoone, and Hades the Dusknoir. Once again, they aren't that good, but they may be the best thing I've made in a while...

seiferv3.png

Third we have General Seifer the Scizor, the most likely candidate for the Big Bad of the same story the Assassin Team is from. The jacket's shading is a bit odd, but alright I guess.

cidv1.png

Fourth and finally, we have Cid the Blaziken. He is also from the Assassin Team's universe, big surprise eh? Once again, the jacket is a little odd, but it looks alright I guess...

I really like your sprites, Rex! General Seifer looks so damn bad-ass, Sed and Jake look very awesome and CID looks very stylish in that neon blue vest.

From your human sprites, I like James Marcus (KARA-TE!) and Brad Vickers best. The one tip that I can give is to better proportionate the faces, because some of them look a tad deformed.

I hope to see more of your work sometimes!

Rex

Resident Furry

Thanks, I rather like how Seifer turned out. Seth and Jake came out a bit odd around the pants, to me at least. Cid is emulating the character he is based off of with that jacket. Ah, Dr. Marcus, the opera singing, leech spewing, madman. Brad is one of my favorites as well, thanks. I agree, but I have no idea how in hell to make them look right...

Anyway, on to the new stuff.

mafiatrainer.png

First, we have the failsprite I entered to the contest. The only reason he's getting shown here is because his outfit serves as the base for the next two sprites...

alecv1.png
mikhailv1.png

And then we have these two. Alec the Monferno and Mikhail the Infernape. They are both member of the Mafia, higher up then most other members, but no where near the Don. Mikhail is supposed to be wearing a muscle shirt and tie, but that didn't turn out too well... I guess they turned out fine...

Rex

Resident Furry

Ladies and Gentlemen, more junk!

kevinv1.png

Keven the Sableye, one of the members of Seifer's gang, Black Ops. There's something I don't like about how he turned out, but I can't put my finger on it...

zekev1.png
jasonv1.png
coreyv1.png

And then we have the trio, Zeke the Zangoose, Jason the Breloom, and Corey the Gallade. Zeke and Jason are both members of a gang called Red Shield, Black Ops.' rivals. Corey is a Mafia higher up before he defects and joins Red Shield as well after the battle which ended Black Ops.' existence. I couldn't figure out how to make most of the things for Jason and Zeke work, so they're pretty bare. However, I rather like how Corey turned out.

Rex

Resident Furry
To new beginnings!

Obligatory recent works:
hazamav1h.png
tankv1v.png
cloev1.png
wessprite1.png
dilanv1.png

All my work since the last post! We've got Hazama, Soren's two requests, and two more of my OCs. Furret is far too streamlined, makes clothing them hard. I rather like how Hazama and Dilan the Mijumaru turned out though, thanks to RX for some pointers on Hazama!. Soren's happy with his requests, so I must have done something right with them as well.

i really love your resident evil sprites, but the chris's face could be improvied a bit, i mean there great! but i think chris's face looks like he has dots for eyes.
i was wondering if you can make alice from the moive resident evil 2

Rex

Resident Furry
Alice from Apocalypse? I'll certainly try my best.

... My god, he does have dot eyes.

Rex

Resident Furry
PokeKid said:
i really love your resident evil sprites, but the chris's face could be improvied a bit, i mean there great! but i think chris's face looks like he has dots for eyes.
i was wondering if you can make alice from the moive resident evil 2

alicev1.png

One Alice, circa Resident Evil: Apocalypse. Feel free to point out anything you might want me to fix up, and I'll get right to work on it!

Rex

Resident Furry
PokeKid said:
could you make her hair red? other then that she's just perfect

Red hair? Alice is a dirty blond in the movies, but alright, it's your request.

alicev2.png

How's this?

Perfect :D i thought she was a red head in the 2nd? but she is great, no better then great shes ready to kick undead pokemon butt!!! shes project ALICE
thanks again and ill be sure to sperd the word about your sprites

Rex

Resident Furry
I think it's about time to start updating my OCs to Gen V standards. Here's a quick taste with a before and after of five of them:
sethv2.png
->
sethv3.png

Seth the Buizel
cidv1.png
->
cidv2.png

Cid the Blaziken
andrev1.png
->
andrev2.png

Andre the Linoone (Definitely a bit harder to work with.)
svenv1.png
->
svenv2.png

Sven the Shiny Smeargle (Smeargle didn't get an update, tried to fix up the outfit a bit though.
jakev2.png
->
jakev3.png

Jake the Lucario

Damn Rex but these are good. I think you work the best with your Pokemon OCs. Seth looks amazing, specially that hat of his. The best of them would have to be that Dorphan. You've done it so well, it looks like it came out of the games. Same with Cid. I get the feeling that you don't want to mess with him. Hades, while his is only really small, it works. Like someone 'ducked' his mouth or something. General Seifer looks so badass... damn now I want a Scizor like that.

Some of your trainers look a bit out of preportion in body to head ratio. But you probably already figured that out...

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
Wow your sprites are awesome! :)
If I may ask, where did you find the gen v sprites of the previous pokemon?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex

Resident Furry
Psy-teen said:
Wow your sprites are awesome! :)
If I may ask, where did you find the gen v sprites of the previous pokemon?

DoctorOak was nice enough to link them all in chat. However, I think they should all be in the PokeDex by now, so just search for the ones you want.

With that, we have another update. Five more Pokemon for you all brought up to Gen V standards.

seiferv3.png
->
seiferv4.png

General Seifer the Scizor (I rather like the effect of the bandages this time around.)

coreyv1.png
->
coreyv2.png

Corey the Gallade

jasonv1.png
->
jasonv2.png

Jason the Breloom

dilanv1.png
->
dilanv2.png

Dilan the Mijumaru/Futachimaru (Proper evolution now that I have the sprite.)

zekev1.png
->
zekev2.png
Zeke the Zangoose (Not for the faint of heart!)

Nice sprites, Rex~

I really like Corey's new pose, it fits him well. He looks even cooler like that. I do prefer the old Seifer, because I like the metallic effect the bandages have. Jason looks better now, with slightly duller coloration but a better pose, like Corey. And Dilan as Futachimaru looks awesome, better as Mijumaru IMHO.

Both Cid and Jake look very cool in their new poses, too.

And I just have to make this joke: It's Alice~ Alice? Who the f*ck is Alice?

EDIT:

A request, as requested~

•Species: Gardevoir
•Outfit: Black hair, all the green body parts black, a red scarf around her neck and a red purse in her right hand.

Thanks in advance~

Rex

Resident Furry
gardeviorrequest1.png

How's this? Feel free to point out anything you don't like, and I'll do my best to fix it.

---

Also have a little thing of my own to add!
isaacv1.png

Dr. Isaac North, Geneticist.

hey rex its me again, thanks for the feedback by the way, i was woundering if you could make a trainer sprite of Master Cheif from halo 3, and can he be holding the assailt rifle?

Rex

Resident Furry
PokeKid said:
hey rex its me again, thanks for the feedback by the way, i was woundering if you could make a trainer sprite of Master Cheif from halo 3, and can he be holding the assailt rifle?

I'll need some pictures for this one, as I've never played Halo 3 very much. Some feedback on my recent sprites would also be appreciated.

In any case, I've got some more sprites for you all. To be specific, the last five of my Gen V updates.

alecv1.png
->
alecv2.png

Alec the Monferno

clairev1.png
->
clairev2.png

Claire the Sneasel/Weavile (Another evolution update.)

hadesv1.png
->
hadesv2.png

Hades the Dusknoir (I still rather like how the bandages look.)

wessprite1.png
->
wesv2.png

Wesley the Furret (Furret is far too streamlined to work with properly.)

mikhailv1.png
->
mikhailv2.png

Mikhail the Infernape (Experimenting with rips and holes, I think it was successful.)

halo3masterchief.jpg

master-chief-37017.jpg
here are the images you wanted
your orginal pokemon are great, but i feel that duskonor could use a little more then just medical tape or what is it called on his chest, i my opion add a coat or more wounds

Rex

Resident Furry
Right, I've tried it, but I don't think it is something I can do at this point in time. You might have to go to one of the better spriters for that.

Rex

Resident Furry
Today, I've got something new for you all, along with a few updates for the old cast of characters.

assassinteamv1.png

Those of you who know of my canon should know of these guys, the Assassin Team. None of their sprites are new yet, though I have plans to update Sven and Jake soon.

mafiav1.png

There is also the Mafia, the Assassin Team's employers. Alec, Corey, and Mikhail, the Monferno, Gallade, and Infernape, haven't changed since their last update. However, Dilan has, and there are also three new sprites.

dilanv3s.png

To start off, we have Dilan's update. From the last sprite, I have given him sleeves, a different color scheme, and fixed some shading issues I had.

meiv1.png

Next, we have the first of the new characters. Mei the Gardevoir, who gets up early each morning to dye herself those colors. I rather like how it turned out, especially the coat.

embry.png

Next, this guy, some dumb muscle. Emery the Machamp. There isn't much I do like about him at this point, but all sprites are a work in progress.

glitchv1.png

Finally, we've got Glitch the Porygon-Z. He's an accountant for the Mafia, though he is a bit insane. Also, anyone who calls him anything resembling "Porygon-HG" will never get a request out of me, ever.

Rex

Resident Furry
About time I brought this back up I think.

andrewv1.png

To start off, we have Andrew, a Shiny Kojofuu. He is an apprentice engineer for the Black Ops. Gang. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. This little guy is competing with Dilan for favorite Isshumon.

kirkv3r.png
spencerv1y.png
tonyv4.png

For these three I tried something a bit different from normal. I went through each and every one of them and removed every single instance of Black. The darkest you'll see here is a gray that is almost completely reserved for their pupils. From left to right, we have Dr. James Kirk, Spencer Asimov, and Tony Vekkner.

Comments, pointers, and requests are appreciated.

Andrew is so cute, Rex~ I had to say that first thing xD

The trainer sprites are pretty good, Tony's face needs a little work, but it's fine.

And what can I say about the Mafia... Bow down to your masters, irl Mafia~ The clothed PokeMon are so awesome, and your shading had improved too. Dilan is awesome as ever and Glitch is IMHO the best addition to the team so far!

Keep up the good stuff~

Rex

Resident Furry
As I promised, the Assassin Team has received their updates!
sethv4.png

We start off with Seth, who received some modifications to his head since the last update. I've also touched up his color scheme a bit, so it's a bit more uniform.
jakev4.png

With Jake, I've attempted to fix a few shading issues, as well as try to make his jacket a bit less plain. Also, you might not be able to see it very clearly, but he does have a scar over his eye.
clairev3.png

Claire received a simple outfit redesign. I'm still rather fond of the trench coat, so it hasn't changed, but I am attempted to find a better thing to cover her eye.
andrev3.png

All I've really done with Andre is touch up his outfit. Hopefully made it look a bit more realistic.
hadesv3.png

Hades was simple enough, I've added a few more staples, and straitened out the bandages a bit. I've also taken a few chunks out of his halo.
svenv3.png

Sven is embracing his inner artist, adding a turtleneck sweater to his pants. I'll probably be working with that a lot more, might even change it into something else.

I've also got some more for you all!
alexanderv1.png

We'll start off with a new one, Alexander. He is Red Shield's Demolitions expert.
kevinv3.png

We've also got a sprite of Kevin, from a saner time in his life. This was before Black Ops.'s collapse, obviously.
rexbuizelv1.png

Finally, we have this... Thing. I made it when I was bored, and stuck it in my signature...

As always, comments, pointers, and requests are appreciated.

hi rex , your gallade sprite is great, but you could make it look like he is wearing a coat becase the two upsidedown triangles that gallade has, looks like it is just apart of the shirt you put on him.
anyway i have a requset. can you make the 10th doctor from Doctor Who?
here is his pic
tenthdoctor.jpg

\\\

Rex

Resident Furry
tenthdoctorv1.png

As requested, one Tenth Doctor. Feel free to point out anything you want changed.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Heeey Tono~ I really like how you're improving since you first started. I think it's about time I request something~

Jane and John. From DHS~ They're both relatively young, only about twelve years old. Jane has light brown hair while John's dirty blonde, they both have green eyes, and love wearing hooded vests. Jane's favorite color is yellow while John's is green~ and they usually wear shorts and sneakers. Jane has long, straight hair, half-back, while John's is short and slightly wavy.

I'm giving you a bit of creative freedom here, so have fun. ^^

That is one pretty cool... thing... you have there. I believe it's more of a humanoid Buizel than a thing personally. Seth still looks amazing, and I really love Claire's trenchcoat. Although, with Hades I prefered the bandages to be criss crossed and on an angle, but it's a personal opinion I guess.

I found this art thread a couple of days ago, and couldn't think of anything to request! But now I can!

Species: Chillarmy
Outfit: Give him a dark brown t-shirt with a green leaf in the centre. Make his body a light brown and make the pink bits in his ears brown.

Your sprites are really good! I really like Alexander! But I do think Hade's old bandages were better. Still, your sprites rule!
Thanks for listening! (Also, if possible, may I have a code? If it is good enough, it will be in my sig!)

Rex

Resident Furry
chillarmyrequest1.png

Feel free to point out anything you don't like.
Code:
[img]http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/9515/chillarmyrequest1.png[/img]

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Ahem. The Chillarmy is really good! (I am going to call him Paul.) Thank you!

chillarmyrequest1.png

Hey ho, into my signature you go!

Tailon

Gryffindork
Right, so, my requests from chat:

Clothed Pokemon:

* Species: Hitmonlee
* Outfit: Black suit jacket, with a white dress shirt collar showing if possible, a trilby, and aviator sunglasses

* Species: Tyrouge
* Outfit: grey t-shirt, black jeans, and a messenger bag (like Tank's)

* Species: Alakazam
* Outfit: A basic, black suit, with a red necktie

Rex

Resident Furry
brucev1.png

joshv1.png

williamv1.png

Alright, nice to start seeing some requests again. Here's the finished project, with finishing details made over chat so that they are completely finished! Have I ever mentioned how hard it is to clothe a Hitmonlee? This is why Hitmonchan reigns supreme...

Rex

Resident Furry
Working on improving my shading a bit. So far, I've got four down, they are:
sethv5.png

Seth. Most of his work was based around his hat. However, his fur, pants, and bandanna also all received a bit of work, though he's mainly work in progress at the moment.
alecv3.png

Alec. Along with some minor detail for his coat, Alec's hat, coat, pants, and fur have been worked on. I think the only way I can fix the mess he is now is by removing all his shading and redoing it...
dilanv4.png

Most of the work on Dylan was centered around his hat, but his jacket, especially the sleeves, pants, right foot, tail, and fur have all received some work. Might have to redo the shading for him a bit as well, especially for his left arm...
shanev1.png

And finally, we have a new sprite, of Shane. Shane's cut back mane, fur, and clothes have all been given some work, and I'm rather pleased with him thus far.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Your work is getting pretty good now! If you think you're up for it, I would now suggest adding wrinkles to the clothes to make it seem even better, but that's just me. Your shading has improved quite a bit, and I like the clothes you put on the sprites in general. I really like Seth and Alec here~

Keep up the good work. ^^

Nice work on Seth's hat, it looks very realistic. I agree with Shiny; having wrinkles in the clothes would make them look better, more realistic. I like the idea of Shane's mane being cut short - It looks really cool. Having some pattern or markings on his clothes - even something as simple as making the pants jeans would as some more pure awesome to him. And all the others as well.

Now...

Species: Jolteon
Outfit: Well you saw what I wrote in "An Inside Job", but a rough picture would be much more appriciated then trying to understand my messed up explainations.
zleulu.jpg
Yeah. Very rough picture. I think I'll leave it at Kye for now...