• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sprite Ensemble

Damn that is awesome! The only thing is that the hood is light blue, not the same as the rest of the jacket. But I can fix that up myself, don't worry. Thanks again. She looks even more awesome than I thought.

WHOOO!!! Anyway, since you did such a good awesome job with Kye, would you mind giving Alecto a shot? Once again, I have a rough picture for you...

mcwuie.png

The strange lines all over him a scars, because he's covered in them. Again, thanks

Rex

Resident Furry
croagunkrequestv1.png

How's this then?

I've also updated another trio of my own sprites:
alexanderv2.png

Alexander was a bit odd... There's a lot more I could do with him, but this is all I could figure out for now...
andrev4.png

With the removal of a pixel and the brightening of a bunch of others, Andre is looking a lot better, to me at least.
andrewv2.png

Andrew is much like Alexander. There is a lot more I need to do with him, but I can't exactly make it work...

That's brilliant Rex! Thanks again! He definetly looks like he's been through a war or two, which is exactly what I wanted. Thanks.

I think I know what might be bothering you with Alexander. I think the bit thats the problem is where is arm and his coat meet. There isn't really that much definition between the two, so I think that there should probably be another darker shade under his arm, just to make it stand out a bit more. Can't see what the problem is with Andrew; he looks fine to me and Andre does look better. Its only a small adjustment but it still looks better.

Wow! Your sprites are so extremely awesomeness! The dress-ups are a bit dull but that is just me, I hate black and white you see, but I love the mafia effect!
Could I request a trainer spritey pleasey?
•Appearance: (The more descriptive the better.): This pic will explain everything~

I loved the Chiramii you made me, so I am requesting again!

Clothed Pokemon:
Species: Probopass
Outfit: Give him a santa hat, make his body light red and make his moustache white. Give him round glasses, too.

(What, it's near Christmas!)

Rex

Resident Furry
Louie Forest:
protopassrequestv1.png

How's this then?
Didn't know if you wanted the Mininoses colored or not, so I just colored them...

Not giving you the code this time because there are other, less lazy ways to get it. (hint: Right click and select "View Image." Afterward, the URL and Image Tags are your friends.)

Rex

Resident Furry
drakespritev1.png

Just one sprite today, as I've been very tired lately and haven't been able to do much. It's the Hoenn E4 member Drake, my favorite out of every member of the Elite Four and the Champions.

Rex

Resident Furry
Starting to get back into spriting, with the help of many of Chat's goers.

cidv3r.png

Cid received a major update, which I am incredibly pleased with.

scottv1.png

And we've got a new character now, Scott. He is the first, and currently only canonical Unovamon Sub-Don, running Fallarbor Town. It is very hard to give dinosaur-like Pokemon like him clothes...

Wow, Scott is awesome! You gave him the perfect pose, and the jet black costume gives him a spy look. And he has a funneh hat. Keep up the good work!

Dude ur sprites are AWESOME not a huge fan of Resident Evil sprites cause its just weird looking at flat heads... oh well what really caught my Eye was Drake the Hoenn Champ I was wondering if you could make me a new sprite of Roxanne the 1st Gym Leader because I always hoped for a remake of R/S/E but It never came so I wanna know what the gym leaders would look like in Gen 4/5 Style Sprites First is as I said Roxanne later I may request Brawly but it will depend on my impression from Roxanne well thanks and I hope u can do it? XD I also like the Santopass.

Rex

Resident Furry
The RESprites are all old. I probably should update them, shouldn't I?

roxannev1.png

As for your Roxanne request, I tried to stay as faithful as possible to her old color pallet, which has given her the same bluish-black hair her Emerald Sprite had, instead of the brown she's drawn with in official artwork. Personally, I don't really like the bow or the ponytails... If there's anything that you'd like fixed up, feel free to point it out.

Rex

Resident Furry
birkinspritev2.png

Decided to go back and start to update all my old Resident Evil sprites, since they do need it. We start with my favorite, Dr. William Birkin, from Resident Evil 2.
alecv4.png

I've also updated Alec to give him back the sunglasses he had in his first update.
richardv1.png

And, I've got a new sprite, of Richard. He is Scott's Enforcer. Decided to extend the blatant gangster stereotype a bit.

Rex

Resident Furry
coreyv3.png

Let's start poking some life back here...
Slightly custom sprite of Corey the Gallade, changed both legs and the right arm. Probably should have shrunk the head and left arm too, because now they look a bit too large...

I like that overworld map a lot, Rex :}

What kind of Pokemon can you find in the grass and water?

Also btw all your sprites are so adorable. I love all their clothes ♥

Rex

Resident Furry
I haven't really decided on which Generation this takes place in, but I can give a quick run down of what you can expect for each:

Generation I:
Lab: Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur (Starter)
Fenced House: Sandshrew (Trade for Growlithe)
Water: Magikarp (Old Rod, Good Rod), Tentacool (Old Rod, Good Rod, Surf), Tentacruel (Super Rod, Surf), Gyarados (Super Rod)
Grass: Rattata, Pidgey

Generation II:
Lab: Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chikorita (Starter)
Fenced House: Misdreavus (Trade for Girafarig)
Water: Wooper (Old Rod, Good Rod, Surf) Quagsire (Super Rod), Chinchou (Old Rod, Good Rod, Surf), Lanturn (Super Rod, Surf)
Grass: Hoothoot (Night), Sentret, Ledyba (Day)

Generation III:
Lab: Torchic, Mudkip, Treecko
Fenced House: Ralts (Trade for Slakoth)
Water: Wingull (Surf), Lotad (Surf), Azurill (Super Rod), Carvanha (Old Rod, Good Rod, Surf)
Grass: Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Wurmple

Generation IV:
Lab: Chimchar, Piplup, Turtwig
Fenced House: Mime Jr. (Trade for Munchlax)
Water: Buizel (Old Rod, Good Rod, Surf) Floatzel (Super Rod, Surf) Finneon (Old Rod, Good Rod, Surf) Lumineon (Super Rod, Surf) Shellos (Surf)
Grass: Shellos, Bidoof, Starly

Generation V:
Lab: Tepig, Oshawott, Snivy
Fenced House: Drilbur (Trade for Timburr)
Water: Tympole (Surf) Plapitoad (Surf) Seismitoad (Super Rod) Basculin (Surf, Super Rod)
Grass: Patrat, Pidove, Purrloin

Rex

Resident Furry
alexanderv3.png

Decided I wanted to go a completely different direction with this character. I'm sort of fond of the results.

Rex

Resident Furry
danielv2.png

Thought that since I was adding Alex, then I should have Daniel too. Beeheeyem is a very hard sprite to work with, so I couldn't do much with him, but this is he result nonetheless.

samuelv2.png

And this is Samuel, another Black Ops Gang member and Andrew's older brother. I actually made Meinshao, a Pokemon I don't really like, look cool in my eyes, so mission accomplished. He dyes his fur so it's the same color as his Shiny younger brother's. Perhaps he's vain in doing so, though he is of the opinion that it makes Andrew more comfortable with being Shiny.

hellooo ~

Your Charmeleon looks pretty cool. I would suggest using black or a darker shade of brown than the outline for the darkest bits; like at the bottom of his shirt and in between his arms and stuff, if you get what I mean. He's looking pretty sweet though~

I really like your Beeheeyem o: The bandages are done really well, and the scratches aren't too obvious but they look good. Nice job ♥

Samuel, again, is looking good. His bandana/headgearthing looks a little weird, though; did you take it from another sprite and resize it? I would suggest going over it again so it looks a little clearer.

Keep it up! :'D

Tailon

Gryffindork
What's this? A request? Why yes c: I already made slight mention of it in chat, so here's the full form:

Clothed Pokemon:

Species: Rhydon
Outfit: A brown jacket with nothing underneath and a pair of black pants. If possible, a large axe across his back.

Also: Loving Seifer's new design, especially the lighter look of the coat and bandage design.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rex

Resident Furry
Uh... Thank you? They really aren't that good, you should check out Tun's thread, she's a lot better. I'd also suggest looking out for anything by RX, it's bound to be amazing.

Anyway, got another sprite update:
dilanv5.png

Here's Dylan again.

Rex said:
They really aren't that good, you should check out Tun's thread, she's a lot better.

(lies)

anyway, er!

I really like the new Dylan sprite! Comparing it to the old one it looks much better ^^
For one, the hat sits more nicely on this than on the last, it looks less awkward. And the white band looks better than the grey band imo~
I notice that the new sprite's slightly slimmer than the old one; and that probably suits him better too! You said on chat that it looks a little messy because you tried to make it more detailed but it's really worth it, the clothes look much nicer when they're more detailed ^^

The lighter shade you've added gives it much more depth; the previous sprite looked a little flat with just those two shades. However, I'd probably say that some of the lighter patches are a little awkward? I'd probably get rid of the lighter bit underneath his arm and move the spot on his back further over onto his shoulder, personally - but other than that, it looks really good!

Looking forward to seeing more <33

Rex said:
This sprite really caught my eye. You did a perfect job on him. It might be because he's your favorite. you should keep doing whatever you did here on all your other human sprites.
On this one, the hair needs more detail. I'm unaware of what his hair is really supposed to look like, but how it is now makes it look like a strangely shaped afro.
Rex said:
I know her hair is supposed to be pulled back, but you pulled it a bit too far back. She looks like she shaved the sides of her head. Her left arm is a bit misshapen and she could use some more shading under the skirt.
Rex said:
I love your Pokemon dress-ups. You've really got a talent there. This one is my favorite!! ^_^

I might make a request later.
Keep up the good work!!

Rex

Resident Furry
Thanks for the comment. Drake is indeed my favorite, and I did try my hardest with him, apposed to Roxanne, who was only a request. Everyone likes Alexander, it sort of makes me sad I killed him off.

I agree, looking back, I didn't do too well on Dr. Birkin's hair. It needs darker lines, it's actually rather flat, and if you look close, can make out lines showing strands going to one direction. The problem there is that you have to look close, it's not readily apparent. He's based off this guy, for reference.

As for Roxanne, I don't know what the hell I did to her hair. The shading basically matches the base sprite, though I suppose it could use a little more. As for her arm, she has these sort of poofy sleeve shoulders, seen here and I was trying to go for that. I guess I went too far with that.

Rex

Resident Furry
maxiev1.png

So a few days ago, Carmen and I were talking about Maxie and how weird his design was in RSE.

I don't think this is what she had in mind.

Rex

Resident Furry
archiev1.png

There's something... Off, about this sprite... But I can't put my finger on it.

(Sprite updated September 16th, 2011)

Their heads!

Their heads are too small!

... Ahem... Anyway, these are really good. I love all of your sprites, and especially your pokemon dress-ups! I might request one later...

Keep up the good work!

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'm not sure the issue is actually with their heads as such - the faces on most Pokemon sprites are quite small themselves. It's the flat hair, because the sprites lend themselves to a more manga/anime style, having a sprite with less volumous hair makes the rest of their head look undersized.

Maybe try to exaggerate the size of the rest of the head, while keeping the faces the same size? The forehead and hair takes up about half of the size of the head, after all.

Maxie's head is slightly too small, but other than that it's perfect. :D

The blue suit's head is way too small for how large the body is. He could also use a bit more of a neck.

Also, I can now see what you were going for on Roxanne. I don't know how to make that sleeve look more like a poof. Maybe it could be more rounded? IDK.

It looks like you've gotten a lot better at making human sprites. :) Those last two are much more similar to game sprite quality. Congrats!

I think it's about time I make a request if that's alright with you.
I'd like a trainer.
Appearance: http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/214/8/c/sher__ee_chestnut_by_x_5_4_5_2-d42v1xy.jpg but make her bandanna green and her hair black. Her hands are bare. No gloves or bracelets.
She's my OC. I would make her sprite myself, but I'm having a bit of a block right now.
The only special thing I'd like you to do is to not use just one base. I'd like you to splice a few sprites together to make her pose semi-original.

If you can't, don't want to, or any other excuse there is for not doing something, that's fine. :)

Rex

Resident Furry
Game quality is not what I go for when I sprite. My sprites go for a more realistic look when I can when I do sprite a human. This includes a more realistic head size. Neither head is "too small", in fact, I'd argue Archie's is "too large". As El pointed out, the lack of epic hair is the only thing not making them look large or normal. Both of their heads were taken from another sprite and not changed at all, size wise. They just had all their hair shaved off.

As for Archie's neck, I'm most likely going to just move his head up a pixel, because at this point I'm at a loss for how to make it look properly without changing the size.

I'll see what I can do with your request.

Tailon

Gryffindork
Just dropping off the form for the request I gave you in chat~

Clothed Pokemon:

Species: Samurott
Outfit: Black, open, vest like garment with no sleeves that covers the upper torso.

Species: Sceptile
Outfit: Black scarf, vest, and leather bracers made to allow for his blades to slot through.

Rex

Resident Furry
Furon.png
Queron.png
InfieronLovedMode.png
InfieronHatredMode.png

ShinyFuron.png
ShinyQueron.png
ShinyInfieronLovedMode.png
ShinyInfieronHatredMode.png

Furon - Queron - Loved/Hatred Infieron​
I'm back, with some fakemon. Sorry for the poor quality, I haven't sprited in forever, and these were all scratched. Thus, they all look horrible.

But anyway, I've had an idea for a fan region for some time. In that region, this would be the Fire Starter, gaining a secondary Dark typing upon evolving. He evolves at Level 16 and Level 36. As part of a gimmick that will eventually be in all three starters, his final form has two possibilities, dependent on other factors. With the Grass Starter, Day and Night affect final form. With the Furon line, it's Happiness.

Without full Happiness, you'll get the Infieron I have sprited above. Tentatively named Hatred Infieron, it has superior Attack, Defense, and HP compared to the other form, tentatively called Loved Infieron, and inferior Sp. Attack, Sp. Defense, and Speed. It learns Frustration upon evolving, but cannot learn Return.

With full Happiness, Queron will evolve into Loved Infieron. It has superior Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed, and worse Attack, Defense, and HP compared to Hatred Infieron. It learns Return upon evolving, but cannot learn Frustration.

As with all Fire Starters, these guys are 4, 5, and 6 in their Regional Dex. Most likely, they'll be the Fire Ferret Pokemon. I haven't thought of Pokedex entries for them all yet, so those will have to come later. I'll probably create that alongside heights and weights and all that fun stuff, so I can design special looking pages for Pokedex Entries. We'll see.

Right, as for a movepool:

Level Up:
Scratch (Start)
Growl (Start)
Ember (Level 7)
Bite (Level 9)
SmokeScreen (Level 12)
Fire Fang (Level 16)
Fake Tears (Level 20)
Foul Play (Level 25)
Crunch (Level 30)
Return (Level 36 - Loved)
Frustration (Level 36 - Hatred)
Flamethrower (Level 45 - Loved)
Flare Blitz (Level 45 - Hatred)
Dark Pulse (Level 50 - Loved)
Night Slash (Level 50 - Hatred)
Inferno (Level 65 - Loved)
Heat Crash (Level 65 - Hatred)

TM:
TM01: Hone Claws
TM05: Roar
TM06: Toxic
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM12: Taunt
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM20: Safeguard (Loved only)
TM23: Smack Down (Hatred only)
TM26: Earthquake
TM28: Dig
TM31: Brick Break
TM35: Flamethrower
TM38: Fire Blast
TM41: Torment
TM43: Flame Charge
TM44: Rest
TM46: Thief
TM48: Round
TM50: Overheat
TM55: Scald (Loved only)
TM56: Fling
TM59: Incinerate
TM60: Quash
TM61: Will-O-Wisp
TM63: Embargo
TM65: Shadow Claw (Hatred only)
TM66: Payback
TM67: Retaliate
TM68: Giga Impact
TM77: Psych Up
TM87: Swagger (Hatred only)
TM90: Substitute (Loved only)
TM94: Rock Smash
TM95: Snarl
HM01: Cut
HM04: Strength

Move Tutor:
Fire Pledge
Blast Burn

You asked for some comments on your newest sprites so I'm here to try and suffice |D

First of all, these look lovely ♥ They have nice colour schemes and the designs are pretty sweet too. Nice job ♥

I feel like the different shades of colour could contrast more; the dark shades (especially on the yellow and red (normal?) versions of the sprites) seem to blend a bit too much with the lighter shades. This can look good sometimes too, but if you're heading for the more ingame-Pokemon-shaded sprites then contrast them a little more~

Usually black is only used to outline the reeeaally dark bits on sprites, I would suggest using a very dark shade of each colour to outline most bits rather than black - the black doesn't look bad, it's just a dark shade usually softens the sprites, making them look more natural and akin to the original gamefreak way of spriting.

I think that's about it - just a few little things with the colours, the actual lineart work itself is great. I especially like Furon, it's adorable and it just looks really good ♥ There's not much else I can say here, apart from "keep up the good work", because these do look fantastic. Well done ♥