• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Soft Resetting

So I am currently on a soft resetting for many things.
1. A female shiny eevee in heart gold
2. A shiny Zapdos (I still wish I could have articuno, why fennikin, why?!?!?!)
So ya, pretty tough! What are you soft resetting for?

Last edited:

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I don't typically soft reset for shinies as I find it a waste of my time (ironic as my username was originally Shiny Eevee), but I will soft reset on legendaries to get decent natures and IVs, along with event Pokemon and other one-time-only 'mons. Other times I soft reset because all my Pokemon fainted due to carelessness and I don't feel like losing half the moneys I have :'D

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Zygarde is shiny-locked in XY along with Xerneas and Yveltal - so, you can take that off your list. No amount of soft resetting will give you one. It is currently impossible to obtain a shiny Zygarde by legal means (legal Shiny Xerneas and Yveltal exist, but those were a Japanese distribution).

Personally I am really not fussed about shininess so I never actually SR for shinies. Too much effort for a minor cosmetic change.

I really dig shinies, but I also have no patience for that sort of thing, so I make do without. It was bad enough breeding for Pokemon with 31 IVs; I can't imagine the pain in the neck it would be doing that much soft resetting for shinies.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I've never actually soft resetted for shinies because I find breeding for them easier to deal with, but I will often SR for genders, natures, or abilities when presented with the opportunity. It just depends how much I want a certain thing, such as a female starter Pokemon. :)