• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Snapdragon's Scribbles

So... after realizing that I currently have 39 drawings in my Photobucket's Pokecharms-related art folder, I kinda figured I was overdue for one of these things. Sadly, I have no pictures that have taken me more than ~20 minutes, so if you came here looking for effort... tough.

demivee.png

This here's the first thing I drew on MY TABLET LOL :V
(It was done for Pixeity. :])

nyahnyah.png

This was also done for Pixeity. Duh. XD
It was because I randomly asked a question about Pixeity's ear and she asked why I was drawing it, so naturally... I went ahead and did just that.

I only need one arm to GET FUNKY.
Yeah I'm not actually posting this one because it's 1000x1000. xD Click at your own risk.
You can actually see the amount of effort decrease as I go along.
That was me planning out a character for a roleplay/story. Fairy-tale sort of thing, dragonbeast terrorizing villagers, etc. That bard lost his arm to said beastie... so he taught his Lopunny to play his guitar for him.
He uses only normal-types, as seen by his roster. (Which may or may not have somebody replaced by a Dunsparce because Dunsparce ftw)
Unfortunately, he is also a total ripoff of a character Sami is planning to make, so don't expect to see too much of him. XD

And that's my paltry initial offering. I may take a request or two, depending on how easy to draw they are and how whimsical I'm feeling. :V

Oh, I love your artwork! The Eevee is beyond adorable, it looks kind of lost, which makes me want to hug its furry body. Spriteon (that is what Pixeity called it, right?) looks amazing, and something about its pose is Umbreon-esque. Not that that's a bad thing, that makes me love it more. And the other drawing... It's great, too. I can see the effort dwindling, but they all look great still.

If you do open requests, you must tell me!

*And what's a template? (I'm such a noob.)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... *steals Eevee and dies, again, because of kuteness*

What she meant to say was that the Eevee was really cute, Snapdragon... -_-; But I have to admit, the Pixeity and Eevee are so... cute (I wuffles them almost as much as Shiny does).

And you should probably also add (to this thread) that Ness you did for the Wishing Nights 2007 thing, and maybe a few Wooper pics, too (because not everyone looks through all the threads). All you things are so awesome, Snapdragon! Keep up the good work!

*bangs Kylie on the head with a pot* Okay, I admit it, she took those things right from my mouth [size=3pt](or rather, I made her say those things.... heheheh...)[/size]

Yeah, that's Pixeity, not Spriteon. xD It just looks really catlike because I get more of a Mew vibe off it than an Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit one. Plus drawing her character without any semblance of anatomy felt kinda off. XD

Good news everyone! I'm in the mood to draw, but nothing comes to mind.
So first person to request something gets it. :]

request1.png

[size=8pt]oh god what have I done[/size]

The part of Nem is being portrayed here by Glenn the Generic Stickman, since I actually dunno what Nem looks like. XD
I think I forgot a head-swirly on Vulpix, since I worked off of memory, but we can always just pretend this is a he-Vulpix.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Lol, I love it! THe Vulpix is cute, and the drool really adds to the affect! And the teeth sinking into his skull is awesome....

Thanks!~

Damn, I missed it (a request). Guess that's why you don't decide to regain lost sleep during the day. Either way, I like the picture, however it scares me a tad.

*And still, what's a template? Obviously something for computers and artwork, but what?

Dictionary.com is probably the best place to go for definitions to words that I haven't even used in this thread. XD

Good news everyone! I'm taking a request again today.
And I promise it won't turn out as silly this time.
Maybe.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
'Kay, then. ;D I want...

A shiny Eevee beating up Blaziken, with a Raichu wearing Link's hat onlooking the scene (or fighting along side the Eevee, you decide.)

How about your interpretation of official artwork for Arceus? So yeah, just draw Arceus. Ooh, better; a picture with Dialga, Palkia, the three spirits, and Arceus in the background. And please make it mysterious.

Do a barrel rollGardevoir Master! Erm... Please? It doesn't necessarily have to look like any previous example, though I would prefer a Gardevoir-style helmet.

request2.png

Yeah, I kinda crapped out on the coloring. If we have any colorists out there, however, the original 1000x1000 lineart of this is available upon request.
(Same with the Arceus.)

request3.png

I know I only said I was doing one request, but Yami posted within a few minutes of S_E, so I figured why not. A picture with six Pokemon in it was a bit much for me, though, so I only did Arcy.
Unfortunately, it also turns out that I have no idea what Arceus is supposed to look like. XD I went off the sprite the best I could.

And GM... sorry, you asked like... two hours after I announced I'd do a request. xD You're SOL this time around.

Wow! I love your Eevee vs. Blaziken one! The Eeveee looks so awesome! [size=3pt]The eys are the best. Hurhur.[/size] But the head to the Arceus looks kinda weird.(What is that visor thingee? It's eyes?)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Ooh, wowzers, Snappie (hope you don't mind)! Awesome Eevee! And I like that Raichu holding the "Woo" flag. Awesomeness! That has got to be the best piece of art that I've ever seen!

Cool Arceus, it has an air of legendary status, along with a small form of cuteness. And nice Blaziken/Eevee, they're amazing anatomically correct. Plus, you turned Eevee from a cute puffball into a battling canine, which is beyond awesome.

Heh, I'm not surprised you didn't do all six. Sorry for requesting it in the first place.

*My request was started to be typed before Shiny_Eevee's, but I type slow and I typed a lot. But thanks for doing Arceus!

I'm not sure what you mean by visor, Rosa. The mask thingy on it's head, or the markings around it's eyes?
Either way, I probably could have made Arceus look a little more... regal, admittedly. I guess I just have a soft spot for the cute and cuddly types.

Like Dragonite. :3
freya.png

This is Freya. She belongs to a generic one-shot villain in a PM roleplay I'm in.
She's stripey because she's a clone, like in those Mewtwo movies. She was intended to be a rival/counterpart for Wildfire, a clone Charizard belonging to Sami's character Izzy.
She drew a totally awesome rendition of him to match. :]

This started out a paintchat doodle, but I went over it in OC because I figured I needed the coloring practice.
It's also my first real foray into reptile/dinosaur/dragon anatomy, so any advice would be much appreciated. XD

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I love that logic. "She's stripy because she's a clone."

Man. XD

Dragonites are fail. But I approve of the markings in this, and It's nice to see a 'nite that doesn't look like a frelling Morbidly Obese Orange Barney (which is what the species is, pretty well

I like Dragonites, but I never really saw the logic jump that took their evolutionary line from little blue snake to pretty blue snake to Puff the Magic Dragon either. xD I guess making it scary would make it too Charizard-looking.

My logic is clearly quite flawless, hurrf. :V Dolly the sheep is famous for her zebra pattern.
When I was still new to Charms, I was warned that "special" colorations were frowned on. So I guess I figured a flimsy stab at rationalization is better than "durr I wanted her to match Wildfire because all Pokemon are fashion-coordinated."

(Seriously. They are. Wikipedia told me so. :B)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I wonder who warned you of that. It's only frowned upon when it's done for the sole reason of being "ZOMG I'M SO SPESHUL I HAVE A PURPLE WINGED WALREIN-DEWGONG HYBRID WITH WINGS AND SHINY TEETH!" >>

Fashion Coordinated indeed. XD

Wow! Awesome Charizard! You don't se many clones around here, and I meant the markings around Acreus' eyes. XD

[size=8pt]D:
I like love your Dragonite, Snapdragon.
And how kickass you turned the little fuzz of an eevee into.
It's like...
I fear for my liver c:

Tablets for the wiiiinnnnn.[/size]

Doh. XD Well with the coloring and the head shape it looked a lot like a Charizard to me. And I don't think there's ever been a cloned Dragonite (correct me if I am wrong) so the stripes made it look even more like a Charizard.

Good lord. xD Freya looks awesome. Could I somehow get you to do that to Wildfire? XDDDDD; Kidding. =D I really love the eye, since I didn't quite know where it was in it's original sketch form. >_>; Bad-ass, Snapz, bad-frelling-ass.​

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Dude. After seeing your Wish Night submissions, I knew you had it in you, Snapdragon =D

There's some really nice work here, but my favourite thus far is definitely that Blaziken/Eevee battle picture. The Eevee looks so frelling realistic o.o and it's quite a nice Blaziken head, too. And hey - random Linkachu. No complaints there XD

Keep posting more as you make it ^_^

[size=8pt]U:
Someone needs a band-aid.

I don't get it, but this makes me laff.
(There's not a pun intertwined anywhere in this, is there? D8)
Thumbs up for explosive fiery colors and consensus-hating beret.
And of course, incredible doodl-y accurate metagross :3[/size]

No pun intended. :]
Xanthier requested his Metagross using Explosion with the trainer all commanding him to die and such.
Unfortunately, I'm not so good at conveying explosions, so it kinda looks like he's falling apart and also on fire somehow.

The METAGROSS *fistshake* is because I hate Metagross with a passion, and will usually do that whenever I have to mention it.
Ask Sami, she knows. xD

Made me laugh so hard. *dies from lack of breath* The Metagross is really accurate, but I love the look on Ash's face. (That is Ash right?)

I Love the metagross 1 with a passion ;)
I'm new around here and Ive just been browsing around, I love your artwork!

And to answer that random question, it's not Ash, I think It's Lucas

METAGROSSSSS.

-vengeful fist-shake!-

(I found your work from the News page -- and I'm a big sucker for watching overused Steel/Psychic types bite the big one in spectacular fashion. c: Very well-done!)

Wow that does look like pixelty! But it does sort of look like an umbreon/espeon kind of thing if you've never seen the icon of pixelty's account, still props to snapdragon for the drawings there really cool! How do you make them, by hand or on the comuter?

So uh.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am now entirely without Opencanvas. Thus, there has been no artwork or Fiesta updates from me.
Sorry for that, yo.

I wouldn't be uploading this if I hadn't already said that I would.
There's no color or shading because I'm a little sick of it already.

BOW CHICKA BOW BOW :V
Izzysilver.png

Pixeity's character Izzy on the left, generic cheesy villain Silver on the right.
I don't really know what's going on with Izzy's collarbone area.
Silver's ear is too high, his shoulders are off, and his forearm looks shorter than it really is.
And oh god that hand avert your eyes children.

...I could use a hurf anatomy durf or two. xD

I think it looks pretty cool. I'm not high on anatomy's so no complaints form me. It DOES however look a little like rape, what with the knife an all. Good work 8)

KNEEINBALLS? IS that some sort of joke I'm missing... ??? Well, I like the pic, so I think it should be colored.
Just a suggestion. ;D