• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh League: Ring in the New Year

"Cool, so he must have done good. I'm Ry Burst and I traveled with Robby through Kanto. And then I beat him in the league." Ry said giving a nod to Ben after he spoke.

Then at the arrival of Spike, Ry couldn't help but feel his grin widen. In Ry's head, Mega Evolution wasn't something that showed extra power or skill, but an extra level people could achieve. And he was glad that his friend could achieve it. He shook Landon's hand with vigor. "Okay, but I'll be coming at you two with full force" he added addressing Landon and Spike.

"As for the food dilemma, I know a nice spot a bit north of here. It's a diner, that is very popular among trainers who wanted something fast that's good. If you all wouldn't mind, I could take you all there." Ry added as he heard one the people in the group ask about a place to eat.

Taylor turned to the suggestion of one of the trainers, Ry, and had a big grin on her face that was matched by her Meganium.

"That would be great! My name is Taylor, this is my partner Lily and this guy is Patrick, a friend of mine and a competitor here for the Sinnoh League." Taylor said as she had introduced herself, her Meganium and Patrick all in the same breath. Patrick also turned to Ry and offered a smile.

"Thanks for the offer, it would be much appreciated. And this guy is my partner Pyro." Patrick said to Ry, as he had introduced his Typhlosion to Ry who gave the trainer a curious stare.

"Then lead the way Ry," Landon commented as he tucked his necklace behind his shirt, while Landon was proud of his Keystone he didn't enjoy showing it that much. "Spike return for now," Landon took out the Pokeball, quickly recalling Spike before putting it away. 'Typhlosion, there's a powerful Pokemon,' Landon thought to himself as he stared at the Fire-Pokemon. Landon's heart began racing faster and faster as he looked at all of the trainers with their Pokemon, Landon placed both of his hands in his pocket before shaking his head, 'Not here, not now, breathe,' he thought to himself as he snapped back to reality. "So you're just Patrick friend?" Landon asked with a smirk.

At the implication fro Landon, Taylor blushed bright red. Patrick himself had a mild blush while Lily went to Taylor as the Meganium aimed to reassure Lily where as Pyro snickered. Patrick having glared at his partner Typhlosion. Taylor turned to Landon.

"N-no way! Nothing like that, he's like my brother. Y-your making false implications. We're just friends!" Taylor said as she had been quick to deny before suddenly a Roserade with a violet, sparkling cape around it released itself from one of Patrick's Pokeballs. Patrick looked on in confusion.

"Ivy? What are you doing out?" Patrick asked his Roserade as Ivy gave a knowing wink before it released some petals. It soon formed a heart on the floor as it pointed to Patrick and Taylor which only made the two of them blush all the more from the implication the Roserade was making.

Seemed Ivy released itself when it overheard mention of Taylor being asked if she was more than a friend. Just to tease the two about it.

As Tanner came back from the restaurant he saw two people with tomato red faces."what is going on?" Tanner mumbled as he walked slowly by to go to his room and set up his stuff. Before he got there he noticed how many people were in the gathering."I might come back here and meet some people after" Tanner thought as he sauntered by.

"Crap," Landon muttered as he slowly backed away from the group, "I forgot to call Lyra," Landon sprinted towards the nearest phone and quickly began calling Professor Rowan's Lab. "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG!!!!!" a voice boomed from the other side of the call, Landon fell to the group startled, he slowly got up from the floor with a nervous smile on his face, the phones in the Sinnoh Region had video screens and cameras like most other regions. "Landon, I have been waiting for hours for you to call!" the voice yelled, Landon looked at the screen to see a girl with two pony-tails as well as a white lab coat standing with a intimidating look. "Lyra, I got distracted..." Landon muttered nervously before being told how distracted he got. "Well then, now that that's been dealt with what Pokemon did you plan on using for the first round?" Lyra asked."Mizu, Spike and Dusk," Landon replied, Lyra smiled as she grabbed a Pokeball from a nearby shot and placed it in a machine, with the press of a button white lasers surrounded the Pokeball as it was dragged into the machine before reappearing at the base of a nearby machine next to Landon. Landon grabbed the Pokeball with glee as he made his way back towards the group.

As Landon made his way back he realized the petals scattered around Patrick and Taylor, "See!" he began, "This Roserade knows what I mean!" he smiled as he took a step back prepared to run just in case.

"Ivy return!" Patrick called with a blush as he returned his Roserade where as Taylor kicked the petals away with a noticeable blush on her own face as well.

"Oh, a funny guy eh? Well I hope your battle skills are better than your jokes." Taylor said with a scowl as she tried to die her blush down before Patrick cleared his throat.

"In any event, before the first round begins I say we get something to eat. Need time to eat and then I can relax and enjoy myself here after all." Patrick said as Taylor glanced at Patrick with her hands on her hips. Patrick's Typhlosion Pyro returning to his side as did Taylor's Meganium Lily.

"You should be deciding what Pokemon to use for your first match after you eat." Taylor said as Patrick had a rather relaxed look.

"Don't worry, already working over ideas. I'll ask around as well to see who is raring to go first." Patrick explained to Taylor as he glanced at Landon.

"So who were you chatting with? Making a PC request for the first round?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah I just needed a Pokemon for the first round battle," Landon commented as he tossed a Pokeball into the air casually, "Now then let's go get something good to eat!" he stated before happily marching out the door towards a nearby restaurant that he loved to visit any time he went to the league. 'Man, the competition just keeps getting stronger and stronger with every year,' Landon thought to himself as he continued his march zoning out the world around him for a brief moment.

seeing that the coast was clear L'loyd and Zoro decided to emerge from their shell and check out the rules of the Sinnoh league.
"Only three pokémon for the first two rounds? weird" L'loyd thought, being native to Unova these rules were different there, "I guess I'll have to choose Excaliber, Truffles, and Hydro. Lucario, Zoro and Burke can wait for round two." He said to himself, thinking up a hundred scenarios of the battle. L'loyd decided to head to his PC to deposit the pokémon he wouldn't be allowed for the first battle." I'll talk to you later buddy" L'loyd said withdrawing Zoro, He felt bad putting his pokémon in the PC but they would all have their battle time soon enough and they knew that too.

The opening ceremony would start very soon so he decided not to commit to anything to soon and just hang out in the lobby waiting for others.

Patrick, Pyro, Taylor and Meganimun all nodded as they would follow Landon towards some food. The trainers and Pokemon were rather hungry and a good meal before the first round was exactly what Patrick needed. Indeed this was a gonna be one experience he would savor.

"So, who you bringing out of the PC?" Taylor whispered as Patrick gave a grin.

"You'll see soon enough." Patrick reassured.

Before Landon could make his way to the restaurant speakers all over the island began screeching a loud voice. "Attention all trainers!" the voice called out, "All trainers participating in the Sinnoh League please make your way to the stadium immediately for the Opening Ceremony." Landon smiled as he quickly turned and began sprinting towards the large stadium to meet with all of the other trainers, 'This time I'll win,' he thought to himself as he joined in a line with the other trainers.

Not every trainer proved to be as excited about that announcement.

"Darn it I knew we arrived late!" Taylor cried out as Patrick and his Typhlosion Pyro had looks of panic on their faces.

"C-crap I've got to go get in contact with the professor!" Patrick cried in panic as Taylor and her Meganium Lily knew the two had a lot to do quickly.

"Okay, you go to the PC and make a switch. And get your butts over there. This guy is gonna help with that so Pyro can run at full speed. Go Rey!" Taylor called out as she had released her Rampardos and would act quickly yo give a command.

"Get Rey to the Pokemon Center so he can get a Pokemon from Professor Elm. Then get his butt to the arena ASAP. Then come back and meet me at the east entrance of the arena. I'll be waiting after we reserve seats. Can I count on you?" Taylor asked as Rey gave a not before it picked Patrick and placed him on his back before he began to run forward at an accelerated pace; Pyro doing its best to keep pace.

"Come on Lily, let's go get some seats. And hurry!" Taylor said as she and Lily dashed ahead while Rey got Patrick inside the Pokemon Center and he quickly sent a call through on the PC. Soon a familiar face appeared on the screen.

"Oh, hey there Patrick! Today's your big day I hope you are..." Professor Elm said over the monitor before Patrick had cut him off.

"S-sorry professor but I am in a rush. Can you please just send Quill over the ceremony is starting and I need him for my first match!" Patrick pleased as the professor understood and went over to the Pokeballs. Getting the Pokeball of Quill, his Noctowl.

"So going with Quill for round one? An interesting choice. Who else are you gonna use?" Professor Elm asked as he transferred Grace's Pokeball towards Patrick who quickly put it in his bag.

"Gonna go with Pyro and Brook. Thanks professor and I promise to do my best!" Patrick said with reference to his Typhlosion and Buizel respectively as he then shut the monitor off and got on Rey's back, the Rampardos having charged forward to the entrance of the trainers for the arena with Pyro following close behind. They would soon make their arrival as Patrick got off Rey, giving thanks as Rey dashed back to Taylor before Patrick and Pyro made their way to the trainer line.

Phew...made it with time to spare.

Last edited:
Ben heard the announcement and began making his way toward the stadium, "This part is always a drag." The trainer thought to himself as he exited the lobby of his hotel he had just gotten to a few minutes earlier.

After a few minutes, Ben had already made it in the stadium and stood idle, waiting for this part to be over. All he cared about were the league battles he was in, nothing more, nothing less.

"Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, Trainers from around the world!" a man declared as trainers were guided into the stadium, "We're glad to see all of you here today!" As the announcer gazed to the crowd of trainers an athlete ran up some stairs lighting a large flame in the center of the stadium. "Now then without further ado allow me to explain how this years league will work. The first two rounds will consist of 3 on 3 battles from there on all battles will be 6 on 6, as well trainers will be battling on a wide selection of fields including, Dessert, Rock, Grass, Water and Ice, and now let's see our battles for the first round!" Multiple images flashed on one of the screens before shuffling around to reveal the match ups.

Landon scanned the screen before seeing his face beside someone with black hair and a red hoodie. "Hey, looks like I'll be your opponent," a voice called out. Landon turned to see someone slightly taller than him wearing a red hoodie, "My name is Mason, looks like I'll be your opponent."

L'loyd searched for his name on the screen and matched it up with a girl named Samie. He looked around in the bustle of people and found her at the back, she looked younger than most of the competitors by a year or so but he didn't doubt her strength. L'loyd approached her and extended a hand. "Pleasure to meet you, I'm L'loyd your first round competitor!" he said enthusiastically
"Hi" she responded in a rather depressing tone, avoiding his hand, "I'm gonna beat you, and don't complain when I do," she said cockily
"Okay then, don't be so sure," L'loyd responded deciding not to continue the conversation. She wore a grey sweater that was much too big for her and had a red bowl cut that didn't really suite her. L'loyd (now more filled with adrenaline than ever) was ready to battle and show the true strength of his pokémon.

Ry's eyes scanned the screen, only to see he was matched with some man in a red hood. His name was registered as Crimson, which seemed a bit weird. Why would someone say their name was Crimson in a National Tournament? Ry looked round the crowd of people for anyone resembling this guy, but had little luck. This was kinda annoying. Did they not show up for the opening ceremony? This was odd, and almost borderline freaky.

Patrick had glanced up at the screen and saw that his first round opponent was some individual named Mike. Seemed simple enough, though Patrick wondered if he'd get the chance to exchange some small talk this Mike before their match.

"Say, would you happen to be this Patrick guy?"

Seemed his answer was given to him as the guy who looked exactly like Mike on the screen approached him, he was a taller man with a more lanky build wearing a sleeveless black t-shirt with a skull on it and some old jeans. Patrick and Pyro turned to the individual.

"That would be me, I presume you're Mike?" Patrick asked as Mike gave a nod, as he scanned Patrick and Pyro over a bit.

"Typhlosion huh? Well doesn't matter what Pokemon you go with I'm gonna win all the same." Mike said, as he showed the natural confidence or "cockiness" that he presumed all trainers here had. Patrick himself included as he smirked back.

"Whether I use my partner Pyro or not matters not, I didn't come here to lose in the first round. Sorry to say but I'll be the one advancing to the next round. Better luck next time." Patrick replied as his Typhlosion nodded in agreement as Mike merely chuckled before he began to walk away.

"Better luck next time huh? Is that what you were told in the Johto League? Sorry but I don't intend to lose to some guy who couldn't get the job done back home, cause a loser overseas is a loser anywhere they go." Mike said with a wink as Patrick's eyes widened at that before Mike walked away. Clearly Mike had seen Patrick compete in the Johto League, knowing he had come up short there and took the chance to rub it in. Patrick held his fists closed as Pyro offered a reassuring rub to Patrick's side, which snapped him back to reality as Patrick crouched down and began to pet his partner.

"Don't worry, we'll show him what we're made of. I promise." Patrick assured Pyro before the two would begin to search for Taylor in the stands. And whatever food they might have gotten as well.

"Wow, its been awhile since I entered a league was they always this lively" Brief said to himself taking a look at the big screen he was shocked to see a few familiar faces. "Ry and Landon are taking part in this as well I'm looking forward to facing them. I wonder who is my first opponent?" continuing to search the screen he finally founded his opponent it was a girl named Amber with mid-lenght wild red hair with a cocky smile. "She looks like she is going to be hand full hopefully I can avoid her until the battle" Brief thought to himself.

"You don't look that tough I guess this is going to be a easy win for me you might as well give up now" Amber said with cocky smile she quickly got upset when she noticed Brief wasn't listening. "Hey it's rude to ignore people you know!" Brief was immediately bought out of his thoughts when he heard someone talking to him. Turning his attention to Amber who was giving him a death glare, "I'm sorry wasn't listening my name's Brief I guess your my opponent in the first round nice to meet you" Brief said in his tired tone of voice.

Amber had a deadpan look on her face from Brief's greeting, "What is up with this guy hes like a Slowpoke" Amber thought to herself quickly going back to her cocky attitude, "Like I was saying you should just quit there is no way I'm losing to you" Brief only chuckles, "Sorry but I have no intention of losing a few of my friends are in this league and I know they will give this their all as would I so you better be prepare to lose" Brief spoke is voice losing its tiredness and his tired expression changing into one filled with determination.

Tanner walked out of his room hearing the announcements and looked towards the screen at his opponent."Really, Thomas is here?!" Tanner grunted. Tanner walked over to the PC and scrolled through his Pokemon and chose: Floatzel, Hawlucha and Garchomp. Tanner didnt feel like talking with some kid from his home town that was socially awkward. So Tanner walked over to the field to make sure his Pokemon were in tiptop shape. He let out his battle team and made sure they were doing there combos well."I am ready and no one is taking this from me!" Tanner thought as he watched his Pokemon perform there moves.

Patrick and Pyro had made it to the edge of the arena towards the east section of the audience and soon enough Taylor and Lily had arrived to greet them at the edge of the stands as the coodinator and Meganium glanced down at the trainer and Typhlosion; big grins and a bag of snacks in hand.

"Not much, but I was able to get some corn-dogs, a soda some chips & Poke-treats which should be enough for you guys." Taylor explained as her Meganium lowered the snacks with her vines which Patrick grabbed before he gave some of the Poke-treats to Pyro as he began to chow down on the corn-dogs. Taylor had a grin as she was curious over something.

"So, who are you gonna use for the first round?" Taylor asked as Patrick grinned and drew a pair of Pokeballs out from his belt.

"See for yourself. Come on out Brook! Quill!" Patrick called out as he released his Buizel Brook and Noctowl Quill respectively. Brook assumed his "serious" stance, arms folded over his chest while Quill flew up and rested on Patrick's shoulder. Patrick grinned and gave some Poke-treats to Quill. He made the same offer to Brook, but Brook had greater focus on scanning the competition around him. The Buizel's eyes seemed trained on a distant trainer warming up with his team, the Floatzel he had most specifically. Patrick had let out a sigh as Taylor giggled at this.

"I see, we'll I'm sure Quill is eager. And brooding Brook over there will always be ready to give his all. Though I question two Pokemon on the team that are weak to electric types. Seems like a gamble." Taylor said as she expressed this concern, as she figured Patrick's Garchomp Jaws would have been a better fit since Pyro could better cover the ice type weakness, which only made Patrick grin as he patted Pyro on the head.

"Pyro here can handle that, besides it isn't as if Quill and Brook have not dealt with electric types in the past. I made a promise to Quill I would use him in my first League match here and Brook was eager to compete as well. So who am I to say no?" Patrick asked as Taylor smiled and gave a nod at this.

"I guess you have a point, either way we wish you the best luck. Give it your all and we know you'll win!" Taylor said with a fist raised as Lily cried out in support as well. Patrick gave a nod, as he and his team would have settled for nothing less.

"Alright trainers, now that you've found your opponent we'll see you first thing in the morning for some battling!" many trainers cheered in response but Landon kept his eye on Mason. 'This guy seems over confident' Landon thought to himself before leaving the stadium for some rest.

That night Landon stared at the ceiling of his room waiting to fall asleep. "I wonder what kind of Pokemon he'll use," Landon muttered as he began thinking of every Pokemon he had seen before, "We'll win tomorrow morning I promise you guys," Landon grabbed three of his Pokeballs and held them close to his chest before placing them on his nightstand.

The next morning Landon was ready for his match, he sat in the lobby watching the current match coming to an end. "Jackson from Sandgem Town is our winner!" the announcer declared, which was Landon's signal to get into place. As Landon stepped into the arena he saw the Mason trainer from the Opening Ceremony step in. The field quickly changed from a normal dirt field, to a field covered in boulders. "The next battle will be between Landon from Twinleaf Town, and Mason from Pallet Town!" the referee declared, "Both sides will be allowed the use of 3 Pokemon, the battle is over when either sides Pokemon are unable to battle!"

Landon and Mason both grabbed their first Pokeball with equal reaction time, "Mizu lets go!" Landon yelled as he threw his Pokeball. "Magnezone front and center!" Mason yelled in response as he threw his Pokeball. As the Pokeballs opened flashes of light hit the ground before revealing Landon's Empoleon and Mason's Magnezone.

Patrick heard the announcement, as did Taylor as she informed Patrick she would go reserve some front row seats for tomorrow as Patrick and his team would head back to the front of the hotel and do some training for the battle that was to come tomorrow.

-----------
Patrick had been waiting in the lobby for the current match in his group to come to an end, his partner Typhlosion Pyro right by his side as he soon heard an announcement.

"Samantha of Snowpoint City has won the match!" The announcer called out, as it was now time for Patrick's match. Patrick stood up and looked at Pyro with a confident grin.

"Alright buddy, let's go win this..." Patrick said as Pyro nodded before the Typhlosion followed Patrick out of the waiting room as they would enter the large arena, which had already shifted from the water battle field it was before to a grass field. Taylor and her partner Meganium Lily watched in the stands as they say Patrick and Pyro.

"YOU GOT THIS! GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT AND KNOW WE'RE BEHIND YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!" Taylor called out, as loud as she could to try and be heard over the crowd as Patrick glanced at his friend and gave a thumbs up to her before he arrived as his half of the arena, seeing his opponent Mike that he had met the day before at the ceremony arrive in the opposide side with a confident smirk on his face. The referee saw both trainers had arrived and began his introduction.

"The next match will be between Mike of Oreburgh City versus Patrick of New Bark Town! Each trainer is allowed to use only three Pokemon and can make substations between those three whenever they see fit! The battle will continue until all three of one trainer's Pokemon are unable to battle! We will now decide who shall reveal their first Pokemon!" The referee explained before the electronic scorboard that had both Mike & Patrick's faces along with three blank spaces for the presumed Pokemon began to flash. Each one shining when the light bounced off it as it went back and forth for a random period before the light landed on Patrick, which meant he would have to reveal his Pokemon first. Patrick did not seemed concerned as he pulled out a Pokeball.

"Alright, let's do this Brook!" Patrick called out as soon enough his Buizel appeared before the crowd, a cool expression visible on its scared face as it folded its arms over its chest and waited for his opponent to respond.

"Kick his butt Brook! We know you can do it!" Taylor called out from the crowed as Lily nodded in agreement before Mike would pull out his own Pokeball and tossed it in the air.

"Let's get to work Machamp!" Mike called out as he had released his Machamp who had began to flux before Brook, but the Buizel seemed hardly impressed as the referee saw both Pokemon were set and shot his hand in the air.

"Let the battle begin!"

"Magnezone Shock Wave!" Mason ordered, Magnezone quickly began charging electricity before firing the attack as Mizu.

"Mizu Ice Beam!" Landon responded, Mizu prepared to attack but was hit by the Shock Wave which dealt lots of damage to it, "We're at a disadvantage, Mizu return!" Landon called out as he held out the Pokeball. Before Landon could react Magnezone released a screeching noise which caused the Pokeball to spark.

"My Magnezone's ability is Magnet Pull which doesn't allow Steel-Type Pokemon to exit a battle," Mason smirked, he had trapped Landon in a battle where he was at a disadvantage. "Now Magnezone I believe another Shock Wave is needed to celebrate!" Mason commented acting high and mighty, Magnezone quickly shot another Shock Wave, hitting Mizu and causing major damage, "That's right, just keep it up!"

"Mizu!" Landon shouted but Mizu seemed powerless against Magnezone's Shock Wave, "Mizu Flash Cannon!" Mizu aimed a beam of light straight at Magnezone but upon colliding the attack seemed to do nothing, "Try Aqua Jet!" Landon desperately yelled. Mizu became wrapped up in water before jetting towards Magnezone at full speed.

"Magnezone use Lock-On!" Mason ordered with a snap, Magnezone's eyes glowed red as a red target was formed on Mizu's head. The Aqua Jet hit Magnezone and seemed to do some damage but not much. "Now Magnezone Zap Cannon!" Magnezone summoned a strong ball of electricity and fired at Mizu.

"Mizu use Hydro Cannon to block the attack!" Landon cried out, Mizu summoned a much more powerful ball of concentrated water and shot directly at the Zap Cannon, but instead of colliding both attacks passed each other hitting Mizu and Magnezone, "Oh no, Mizu!"

"That's right, your Empoleon is now Paralyzed and unable to be substituted," Mason explained with a smile, "Magnezone, Lock-On once again!" Mizu watched as another red target was formed on it's head. "And since you used Hydro Cannon you are in no position to counter attack, now Magnezone one final Zap Cannon!" Magnezone was quick to launch another Zap Cannon at Mizu.

"Mizu, Aqua Jet, get away from there!" Landon ordered, Mizu quickly flew away as sparks bounced across it's body, however the Zap Cannon was quick to pursue.

"You can't dodge a move after Lock-On is used," Mason commented arrogantly.

"Mizu use Hydro Cannon at full power!" Landon called out, Mizu stopped in front of Magnezone and fired a super powerful Hydro Cannon as it was hit by the Zap Cannon. Both Pokemon fell to the ground in a cloud of dust, when the dust cleared it was revealed that both Pokemon had been knocked out.

"Empoleon and Magnezone are both unable to battle!" the referee declared. Mason and Landon both recalled their Pokemon and grabbed a second Pokeball each.

"Tropius, front and center!" Mason ordered as he sent out a Pokemon with large leaf wings.

"Dusk let's go!" Landon called out as he threw his Pokeball releasing a Dusk Form Lycanroc.

L'loyd heard the announcement and wasted no time getting to his room to get some rest.

------------------
L'loyd stood at the edge of the arena anxious to have his battle and watched as the trainer had his final Pokemon KOed, "Stephan from Twinleaf town has won the battle!" The announcer said as L'loyd ran to take his place at the podium.

"This exciting first round battle will be between L'loyd from Accumula town verses Samie from Newbark town! The rules are as followed, three pokémon per trainer, switching out is permissible, and first one without any pokémon left to fight loses. Now let the battle BEGIN!"

L'loyd and Samie were both quick on the draw as the arena around them formed to a rugged rocky terrain with tall sharp stalagmites. "You got this Excaliber! I believe in you!" L'loyd cheered to his Aegishlash. Samie led her team with a Bastiodon, "Go! Stealth rock!" She shouted, Samie's Bastiodon roared as it scattered rocks over the field, they blended in too well for L'loyd to tell the difference. "Show her what we're made of! Sacred sword!" Excaliber chared at the opponent and swung herself at the Bastiodon slashing and cutting furiously.
"That outta put her in her place," L'loyd thought, looking up as the dust settled he saw the Bastiodon without a scratch. He looked on with awe, "It's defense is so high!" L'loyd exclaimed

"We've got'em right where we want them! Use toxic!" Samie ordered with an excited look in her eyes. Bastiodon coughed up a purple ball of sludge and spit at Excaliber, the ball hit Excaliber and slid right off "Steel type!" L'loyd shouted as Excaliber retreated away from the opponent, waiting for orders. L'loyd whispered to Excaliber "We are going to have to take them out with strategies, I need you to avoid anything they throw at you and sword's dance around the arena until you cant sharpen yourself any more, got it?" Excaliber nodded "Okay, now look sharp out there," L'loyd winked. "I got it this time! Get on that Aegislash and use take down!" Samie yelled, Excaliber danced, sharpening her blade on the stalagmites around the stadium. Halfway through the second dance the Bastiodon jumped and flew straight towards Excaliber. L'loyd panicked for a moment wondering if Excaliber would be okay but then he remembered that she hadn't changed stance yet and he shouted "Stay strong! Keep going!". Bastiodon passed right through Aegishlash and collided with the wall behind her, taking recoil and leaving Excaliber completely unscathed. "REF, HE'S CHEATING!" Samie yelled to the referee,
"You should learn your typing better! both poison and normal type attacks don't effect Excaliber!" L'loyd yelled back. Excaliber finished dancing and turned to L'loyd "Get him while he's down!" L'loyd shouted. Excaliber changed stances, unleashed a fury of devastating blows on Bastiodon bringing him to low health. "This is it! Heavy slam!" Samie shouted. Turning around, Bastiodon jumped up and smashed into Excaliber.

The dust settled and the crowd watched in awe as both pokémon stood weakly staring each other down, waiting for the other to move first. L'loyd and Samie were both speechless. Bastiodon went in for an iron head and Samie thought she had won it, but no one had noticed Excaliber used shadow sneak and hit Bastiodon from behind, KOing it. "Yeah! We have at least one move up on them!" L'loyd shouted, but he spoke too soon, as he watched Excaliber collapsed onto the ground. L'loyd looked closer and saw Excaliber had landed on a stealth rock, OKing her as well. " Well, guess we're even then. Let's go again!" L'loyd said throwing his next ball out, Samie smirked and threw hers too.

Ben walked entered the stadium, today was his first battle and he was more than ready to defeat his opponent swiftly, he had been studying their team composition and battle style the previous day.
------------
Ben patiently listen on his side of the field as the announcer gave his little first round speech and introducing him and the other trainer, Thomas, who was from Petalburg City in Hoenn.

"This will be a three on three match! Ben has the first move!" The referee shouted, looking toward both trainers who nodded toward the ref and each other. "Alright.... Battle.. Begin!" The referee exclaimed, raising his flags.

"Sorry about this, but you're about to lose! Manectric, I choose you!" Thomas exclaimed, releasing the electric-type Pokemon onto the field.

Ben sighed, "Whatever you say." The trainer drew his Pokeball and threw it to release a Weavile. "Swords Dance!" Ben ordered, Weavile obeyed and raised it's attack sharply, standing completely still, just staring at Manectric.

"Not gonna move huh? Alright, your loss! Manectric use Wild Charge!" Thomas yelled out, extending his palm. Manectric roared and was covered in a veil of electricity before rushing Weavile extremely quickly.

Ben smirked as Manectric drew closer, "Now!" Ben yelled just as the opponent was about to make contact and Weavile strafed to the side just in time, "Ice Punch!" Ben ordered, Weavile cried out and shot the icy punch at Manectric, hitting it right in the side, doing extreme damage to Manectric.
"Don't let it recover. Night Slash!" Ben exclaimed, Weavile shot at the Manectric and did a flip before landing the attack on knocking out the opponent.

Thomas's jaw about hit the floor before he clenched his fists and recalled his Pokemon, "Come on!" He exclaimed before quickly drawing another Pokeball and releasing a Swampert onto the field.

"A Buizel huh? Got a lot of nerve thinking you can win with an under-evolved baby Pokemon." Mike taunted as this only seemed raise Brook's ire. Patrick smirked in response.

"Why don't you see how Brook battles before making that decision." Patrick replied before he would respond with his opening move.

"Hydro Pump!" Patrick called out as Brook was quick to fire a powerful burst of water that nailed Machamp in the chest and sent it flying backwards. Neither Mike nor Machamp seemed to appreciate this, especially with the way Brook smirked at the pair, as Machamp made it back to its feet and Mike would be quick to respond.

"Bulk Up!" Mike called out as Machamp began to flex again, only this time it served a purpose as the Machamp began to increase its attack and defense though Patrick aimed to take advantage of the time needed to complete this stat boost.

"Aqua Jet!" Patrick called out as Brook was soon coated in water and then the Buizel propelled itself forward like a rocket which struck Machamp right in the chest, in spite of the Fighting type's efforts to block it. However, Machamp remained standing in spite of being pushed back and soon the Bulk Up was completed.

"Karate Chop!" Mike called out as Machamp dashed forward and managed to deliver a powerful chop across Brook's face which caused the Buizel to skid back along the grass terrain. The blow was significant, due to the added boost Machamp had received from Bulk Up, though Buizel was able to get back onto his feet as Mike would be quick for a follow up.

"Use Submission!" Mike called out as Machamp charged forward with the intent to grapple and secure the Buizel in a lock, but Patrick had an idea that would take advantage of the tall grass around them.

"Brook! Get down low and run among the grass!" Patrick called out as indeed Brook would comply as it crouched down and began to dash around the grass to avoid Machamp, Machamp and Mike found it hard to follow the speedy orange blur as it moved within the grass as the environment became natural cover as Machamp failed to keep pace with the smaller, but quicker opponent. Patrick took advantage of this by delivering his next attack.

"Alright, use Aqua Jet!" Patrick called out as Brook stopped running after it had gotten behind the Machamp before it coated itself in water once more and shot at the Machamp, but Mike seemed prepared for this as indicated by his smirk.

"Use Counter now!"

In an instant Machamp turned around and, even when the blow landed on it Machamp endured it before it grabbed hold of Brook and would slam the Buizel against the ground with the same force it had endured in response to Patrick's attack as once more Brook skitted along the ground; slow to get up as the panting Machamp seemed pleased even if it felt the effects of all the damage it had sustained.

"Brook!" Taylor called out in concern as the Buizel made it to its feet, but it did appear tired from the blows it had sustained. Patrick figured Brook would not be able to take much more and considered switching, after all Quill would have made the perfect opponent given....

"BUI!"

Patrick was snapped out of his thoughts by Brook, as the Buizel eyed its trainer with a look that showed it was not ready to throw in the towel just yet. Perhaps it was just the spirit of competition or the desire to prove itself, all the same and Patrick decided to respect its Pokemon's wishes as he tried to think of an alternative method before he was struck with inspiration.

"Brook use Ice Beam!" Patrick called out as the Buizel fired the ice attack at Machamp, which given it was a fighting type meant the attack would not be very effective as Mike smirked.

"Endure it! Then prepare a Dynamic Punch!" Mike called out as Machamp gave a nod and prepared to block the ice attack....which missed him as it froze sections of the ground beneath it in thick ice.

Which included Machamp's feet, which meant the fighting type was stuck in place at the moment much to the realization and horror of both Mike and Machamp as Patrick smirked in response.

"Alright, now use Aqua Jet!" Patrick called out as Brook once more coated itself in water and shoot forward like a rocket as it slammed into the stuck Machamp, and the impact broke Machamp free but the blow pushed it back while the Buizel kept pushing forward. Patrick was far from done.

"Hydro Pump!" Patrick called out as the water vanished around Buizel as it had been pushing the Machamp forward before it then fired a Hydro Pump right at point blank range which shot the Machamp back and it soon crashed into the arena wall.

"Machamp!" Mike cried out, but his words were to no avail as the Machamp slumped down, unconscious from the attack which was all ref needed to see.

"Machamp is unable to battle! Brook the Buizel is the winner!" The ref called out, as the tired Buizel gave a sly grin back at Patrick who nodded in approval while Taylor was gleeful in the stands.

"Way to go Brook!" Taylor cried out as her Meganium Lily let out a cry to acknowledge the Buizel for its effort. However, the battle was far from decided.

" Go Truffles!"L'loyd shouted, releasing his Lycanroc.
"Take them down Puff!" Samie said, releasing her Purugly, it had a pink ball hanging from its neck.
"Drill run!" L'loyd shouted once Truffle's feet hit the ground, Lycanroc took damage stepping on the stealth rocks placed before but kept pushing through the obstacles to hit her target.
"Stop it!" Samie replied confidently, L'loyd looked up and saw Truffles knocked back by a powerful sucker punch. Truffles looked back to L'loyd for help, but he had to think. Lycanroc started howling to the sky then L'loyd got an idea, "Body slam that lost dog Puff!" Lycanroc kept howling while Purugly charged towards her. Air born, Puff came down for the hit when L'loyd shouted to Truffles, "Quick guard, now!" Truffles blocked Puff's attack and countered with her own "Rock Tomb!" L'loyd shouted, trapping Purugly in a rock casing. Samie gasped, she looked like she hadn't an idea for what to do next "Uh, Umm... Cut!" Purugly struggled and L'loyd grew confident. Samie smirked, revealing her plan "I knew this would happen, so I came prepared, use Dig!" Purugly followed the instructions and burrowed her way under the stadium. L'loyd and Truffles looked scared, with a new enemy under the ground.

In a panic, he withdrew Truffles and sent out Hydro "Earthquake! hurry!" Hydro did as asked and the ground started to quake and sent Puff flying out of the ground and landed on the ground limp. Samie withdrew Puff with a disappointed look on her face.

"Go Dusknoir!"

Mike had recalled his fainted Machamp and soon called out his ghost type, who floated just above the ground of the grass field as it eyed Brook, the Buizel panted a bit as it was clearly a bit tired from the battle with Machamp. Patrick knew that Brook needed some rest and could not fight right after the battle with Machamp as he prepared to recall his Buizel to make a substitution.

"Mean Look!"

Before Patrick could however, Dusknoir's lone eye shinned for a moment as it locked its gaze on Brook, and now the Buizel was stuck as Patrick could not longer switch it out. Something Taylor had taken note of in the stands.

"Oh no! Now Brook has to fight Dusknoir as well, there's no way he can battle again so soon." Taylor said as she expressed concern as she and her partner Meganium Lily looked on in worry.

Knowing that avoiding battle was not an option, Patrick decided to go for broke.

"Aqua Jet!" Patrick called out, but before Brook could coat himself in water...

"Sucker Punch!" Mike called out, and in an instant Dusknoir vanished before it reappeared right before Brook and landed a literal sucker punch across the Buizel's jaw which knocked it back as it had sent it skidding across the ground once again.

"Brook!" Patrick called out in concern, as Brook was slow to recover but the Buizel did manage to get back on its feet. Unfortunately...

"Shadow Ball!"

Mike called out his next attack, and before Brook could fully recover from the damage it had recieved from the Sucker Punch the Dusknoir formed a black sphere and shot it right at the Buizel which exploded on impact. Once the smoke had cleared, Brook was flat on its back and knocked out cold.

"Brook the Buizel is unable to battle, Dusknoir is the winner!" The referee had called out as Mike and Dusknoir celebrated their little victory while Patrick had recalled Brook and offered a smile to the Buizel's Pokeball.

"You were great, you deserve a good rest." Patrick said as he had complimented his Pokemon's effort before he faced the Dusknoir ahead of him. Pyro, while Patrick had faith it could do well against any Pokemon, lacked a necessary advantage but as it would appear another Pokemon on his team had a move that could be quite useful against this opponent.

"Go Quill!" Patrick called out as he released his Noctowl who had began to flap his wings and hover above the grass as it eyed the Dusknoir. Mike again made the first move.

"Mean Look!"

And just as it had with Brook, the Dusknoir's lone eye shinned again at Quill as it would prevent the Noctowl from being able to be switched out. However, before Patrick could call on a certain Psychic type move to retaliate against the Ghost type...

"Dusknoir return!" Mike said as he recalled his own Pokemon, which seemed to puzzle Patrick and Quill in toe. Much as it had Taylor and Lily in the audience.

"So, he went to the trouble of using Mean Look to lock Quill in place, but decided he didn't want him to fight Dusknoir? An odd decision..." Taylor said to herself as her Meganium nodded in agreement. However, the reason behind Mike's decision became clear with his next choice.

"Go Staraptor!" Mike called out as soon enough his own flying type appeared as it also began to flap its wings and hovered in the air above the grass field while its eyes locked on with Quill's. Patrick figured Mike did not want to run the risk of his Dusknoir going against Quill given that Noctowl were capable of learning Psychic attacks. But Mike also did not want Patrick to be able to make a switch if need be so he used Mean Look first. Either way Patrick seemed undeterred by the tactic as he had a grin on his face.

"Ready for an aerial battle Quill?"

"Noctowl!"

"Let's go Pax. We gotta run!" Ry Burst shouted, grabbing his Pancham off the bed, and making a run for the door. Fuego followed close behind as the trio made a dash towards the arena. His battle against the Crimson guy, was going to begin any minute. He had been up late last night, practicing, and had overslept typical.

"RY BURST!" Ry heard a shout across the courtyard as he dashed. He glanced over his shoulder so see a girl with brown hair, and a pink hoodie. It was June, and she looked royally pissed. "Not only did you sleep in to the point, we couldn't have breakfast, but you overslept to the point where you're gonna miss you're first match of the tournament!" She yelled beginning to give chase to Ry.

"Sorry June, I was training! And I'm not gonna be late. Star, let's go!" Ry shouted giving a frantic wave as he sent out Star's Pokeball. The Staraptor appeared in a flash of white, and Ry leapt on her back. "Sorry June! Hurry up, so you don't miss my victory!" He shouted as the Staraptor flapped her wings, and they began to take off. In a quick motion, Ry returned Fuego to his Pokeball, and Pax took his spot on his shoulder. It was time to fly. 'Okay. Stadium Stat!" And with a burst of speed, the Staraptor rushed forward tearing through the wind, making her way over crowds of people.

June watched as Ry received a few odd looks, but at least he was determined. But it was to the point, he was still wearing his undershirt, and hand only changed into his jeans. He was wearing a white tank-top undershirt, and he had his team strapped to his belt. And that was all that boy needed to battle.

After making his way to the front desk, Ry returned star to her Pokeball and rushed into the field, after clearing through security. He received odd looks, along with annoyed ones at his tardiness. he broke his stride, increasing his speed as his feet hit the stadium ground.

"And there he is. If he was a minute later, he would have been disqualified!" The announcer shouted, as the crowd gave a cry of cheers. Now they could see a fight. "And let the battle between Crimson and Ry Burst begin now!" he shouted, as Ry took his spot on the field, and pulled out his first Pokeball. It was time.