• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Sinnoh League: Ring in the New Year

Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/sinnoh-league-ring-in-the-new-year-sign-up-disscussion.18577/

-Background-
A while ago I created a Sinnoh League RP that came to a conclusion around June, it has been quite a while since then and I feel like starting it again as a way to ring in the new year, now then on with the rules.
1. Pokecharms RP rules are, as always, in effect you may review by clicking here
2. Your character must have at least 6-12 Pokemon
3. There must be a smiley face somewhere in you signup, yes it is a must
4. Inform me if you choose to leave
6. No Battle Bond
7. No Fakemon
8. Ignore 5
9. No spamming dodges, even Arceus gets tired
10. Only 7 RPers will be accepted 7/7
11. 1 Shiny per person
12. You may have up to one companion to join you/cheer you on
13. Have Fun

Landon stepped off of the ship that had brought him to Lily if the Valley Island sight of the Sinnoh League. Landon stared at the large stadium that stood in front of him. "I'm back again," he commented as he took a nervous breath. Landon walked towards the registration building as he felt his heartbeat echo through his body, roughly 2 years ago he had taken part in the Sinnoh League and lost, but he was stronger now.
"Hello, are you here to register for the Sinnoh League Tournament?" the receptionist asked Landon.
"Yes I am," Landon replied as he took out his badge case and placed it on the desk with his Pokedex as well.
"Alright, Landon Shono, good luck and here is your room key," the receptionist commented as she handed Landon his Badge Case, Pokedex and Room Key to him. Landon thanked her as he took back his stuff and began wandering around the lobby.

Last edited:
Patrick, his Typhlosion Pyro, Taylor and her Meganium Lily soon stepped off the ship that had brought them to the Lily of the Valley where the Sinnoh League conference was scheduled. Patrick took a deep breath as he gave his partner Pyro a pat on the head.

"Alright boy, we made it. We're one step closer to our dream. To becoming Champions. We can do it this time, I know we can." Patrick said as Pyro gave a nod in agreement.

"Don't worry, we'll be supporting you every step of the way. Just give it your all and don't give up. We know you can do this." Taylor said in support with Meganium giving a cry of agreement.

"Thanks Taylor, though really you winning the Grand Festival gave me all the extra motivation I need. Can't have you getting your trophy while I..." Patrick began to say before Taylor cut him off.

"...leave empty handed? Cause you know I'll hold it over your head? How could you assume such a terrible thing about me?" Taylor said with a cheeky grin as Patrick could not help but shake his head, a smile on his face all the same as he, Taylor and their Pokemon walked up to the receptionist desk.

"Greetings, I presume you are here to register for the Sinnoh League Tournament? And would it be one of both of you?" The receptionist asked as Taylor jabbed a thumb at Patrick.

"Just this guy." Taylor explained as Patrick took out his badge case and Pokedex and placed them on the table. The receptionist looked them over.

"Patrick Reilly...yep it checks out. Here is your room key and good luck." The receptionist said as she handed back his personal items and room key. Patrick gave a nod before he, Taylor and their Pokemon began to make their way to the main lobby.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Jack landed off of Drakon and sighed. “Well, here we are, boy. After years of working hard we can finally do a league. You should be excited. You’ve been waiting for this since I caught you in Hoenn,” he told his Pokemon. Drakon responded him with a nudge. “Ok, ok. I’ll get going,” Jack said.

He walked in front of the reception desk and placed his Pokedex and Gym Case. “Here for the league, I presume?” the lady at the desk asked. Jack gave her a simple nod and she checked his belongings. “Ok, Jack Spruce. Yep! You’re all set to go! Here’s your key,” she told him. Jack took his things and muttered a simple “thank you” before returning to his Pokemon outside.

“Don’t worry, Drakon. I’ll make sure to win this. Wouldn’t like all my training to be worthless right?” he asked. The Salamence nodded and then poked his Pokeball. “He probably needs some rest,” Jack thought. He went back inside and sat down on a couch in the lobby. “Maybe somebody will talk to me. If not I’ll just go into my room,” he thought.

Ben stood as his ship had arrived at Lily of the Valley Island, the home of the Sinnoh League. The trainer placed his hands in his pockets as he exited the ship and took his first step on the island and his last portion of his Sinnoh Journey. "Here we go again, another league." Ben thought to himself before entering the reception hall.

Ben walked up to the desk, badges and identification ready. "Here for the league?" An older man asked Ben as he checked his identification, "Yes sir." Ben said not too enthusiastically but in a normal tone. "Alright, you're all good young man. Good luck out there." The man said with a smile, "Thank you." Ben said before taking his stuff and entered the main portion of lobby.

The trainer looked around, checking out the competition just to see if there was anyone who stood out. Ben had noticed a trainer with a Salamance outside and one with a Typhlosion, but one person caught his eye... It was Landon.

"I remember him.. He was in the Alolan League and got eliminated by the same person I did." Ben thought, looking over toward the other trainer before looking away and checking his roaster he had lined up for the coming days on his cellular device.

"I'll go get the room checked out, you should probably go an scout the competition. Besides, some social interaction could never hurt." Taylor said as she had swiped the room key from Patrick before she and Meganium left to go get their stuff set up in the room they would stay in. Patrick had not been able to get a word of protest in.Patrick let out a sigh, and shook his head though he did have an amused grin.

"Well, I guess we have nothing better to do at the moment. Right buddy?" Patrick asked Pyro, as the Typhlison nodded before Patrick scanned the lobby and his eyes saw another trainer with a Salamance out. That peeked his interest as the pair walked over to them.

"Hey there. Are you by chance competing in the Sinnoh League?" Patrick asked the stranger on the couch, he had to admit if Taylor were here at the moment she would probably tell him that's not the way to start a conversation. Still, what was done is done as Pyro gave the Salamance a curious stare.

"I guess I should call Professor Rowan and ask for some of my Pokemon," Landon muttered as he began walking towards one of the nearby phones. As he continued walking he stared at the different trainers with their Pokemon, "Man everyone here looks strong, but that just means that we'll have to be stronger," he claimed before a particular figure caught his eye. "That guy looks like the one Robby told me about, his name was Bob, Benny, Bartholomew," Landon shook his head at the sound of the last name. Landon decided to make his way over to the trainer happy to see a familiar face.
"Hey you're the guy Robby battled in the Alola League Semi-Finals, how have you been," Landon greeted as he extended his hand.

L'loyd entered the building to get himself registered for the league. "Ahhh, its taken three years but I think this is it" he spoke to himself as he went through security "My dream of beating a league will finally be achieved" He finished, taking back his things from the man at the desk. Before anything, He ran to scope out his competition, ignoring the fact he had to check into a room.

L'loyd scanned the room and pointed out a few trainers who looked particularly strong, he decided to approach one of them. getting cold feet as he saw the trainer talking to someone else already, L'loyd decided to get a room and get ready for the long tournament ahead. not before letting his pokémon out for a stretch first though.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Jack looked up and saw a trainer with a Typhlosion. "That should be worth noting," he thought as he looked over at Pyro. "Uh, yeah. I'm Jack, and you are?" he asked. He decided not to talk too much about himself, but it was nice to talk to someone. He petted Drakon, who then started staring at Pyro. "Oh, by the way, don't expect me to be any trouble if we face each other. I am barely able to get one gym badge," Jack said with a chuckle. "Might as well get the enemy off guard," he thought.

Pyro also began to stare at Drakon, the Typhlosion had a curious look on its face as it eyed the Salamence. Patrick gave a grin as the trainer named Jack asked about him.

"My name is Patrick, this is my partner Pyro. Nice to meet you." Patrick said as he introduced both himself and his partner before he heard Jack's comment which downplayed his skill.

Don't know if he lacks confidence or is simply trying to make me think he'll be a pushover to lower my guard. Either way...

"I wouldn't sell yourself that short. The fact you are here at all means you are a quality trainer. Besides, I've learned never to underestimate anyone and treat every battle seriously." Patrick explained as he remembered an important lesson he had picked up after his battle with Wallace back in Hoenn.

Easy battles? Hard battles? Any trainer who makes those kind of mental categories will never reach their true potential. Every battle is important, every battle has meaning and when a trainer decides one has more value than another they are prone to not giving their best performance. A true trainer gives their all no matter the circumstance.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Yeah, maybe. But every battle I had ended up either me losing or surviving with a slither of health left on my Pokemon. Anyways, It's nice to meet you to, and this Salamence here is Drakon. We've been together for at least a couple of years," Jack said. Even though it was a complete lie that he barely won any battles, he still hoped to trick Patrick. Even if Jack found him friendly. Drakon smiled at Patrick and Pyro in a completely friendly way.

"Well, I'm completely bored here. Do you wanna past the time eating somewhere?" he asked. He didn't really have anything to do and rather liked Patrick.

Tanner got off his ship and strolled over to to the registration center. He laid down his badge case and pokedex and looked at the lady."Here for the tournament in presume?" the lady asked "Yup, and its my first league so I'm super excited!" Tanner responded with a grin."well good luck then." The lady said while handing him back his stuff. Once he had his things and room key he raced over to the lobby to see his opponents. "WOW, these guys look tough!" Tanner thought "I'll try my best though!"."but first you guys can go run and stretch" Tanner said as he let out all his pokemon.

Be raised his eye brow once Landon began talking to him, mainly because he mentioned the name ‘Robby.’ “Yeah, that’s me. The names Ben.” Ben replied to Landon, shaking his hand in return.

“I’ve been better after loosing to him. How about you?” Ben asked, making simple small talk. Usually, Ben wasn’t the one to do this but, he had been trying to be a nicer person lately.

"Hey, how you get there doesn't matter. So long as you abide by the rules, win is a win, no matter what 'margin' it may have been by. Take pride in it." Patrick advised, all the while Pyro gave Drakon an equally competitive but friendly smirk, before he heard Jack's suggestion for some food.

"Sure! That would be great. Though my friend Taylor would kill me I had a meal without her, so just give me a chance to send a message." Patrick insisted as he crouched down and began to whisper instructions to Pyro to inform Taylor and Meganium about the offer of a meal as the Typhlosion nodded before it began to make its way towards the room they would stay at. Patrick turned to Jack with a grin.

"All right, I'm ready when you are." Patrick said with a smile.

"I've been doing fine," Landon replied as grasped a Pokeball in his hand, "After all of our training, I don't think that there's any way we can lose," Landon smile. "Everyone here looks like they came to win as well, but that won't stop me or my Pokemon," Landon put the Pokeball away before saying goodbye to Ben and continuing to walk around the lobby.

Landon was quick to see a large dragon-like Pokemon alongside a Typhlosion with their trainers, "Hey your Salamence looks strong," Landon called out to the trainers sitting down. "So who's Salamence is this?" Landon asked as he approached the trainers.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Mine, actually," Jack said as he looked at another trainer coming nearby. "But he's probably really weak to all of your Pokémon," he whispered. "Anyways, I'm Jack, and this guy is Drakon," he said while pointing at his Pokémon with his thumb. "We're probably gonna be the first to go, but whatever," he told Landon with a smirk. "Me and uhhh... Patrick. Were about to head somewhere to eat. You can come too, if you want," Jack said. "Also, I know a restaurant nearby, I just hope you have enough money to pay for your meal," he told Patrick while facing him with a grin.

"Don't say that about you or your Pokemon," Landon commented as he stared at the Salamence, "Your Salamence's wings seem stronger than what I've seen," Landon shook his head quickly, "I think I'll take you up on the dinner offer," he commented happily as he grabbed a Pokeball. "Anyway here's my partner," Landon said as he threw the Pokeball releasing his Empoleon, "That's Mizu, the first Pokemon I received when I started my journey."

Patrick was happy to hear someone else tell Jack not to downplay his own Pokemon so much, and gazed upon Landon's Empoleon Mizu.

"Wow, really good Pokemon, the both of you. Anyway I would introduce my partner to you but he's off getting..." Patrick had started to say to Landon before a new voice cut him off.

"WAIT FOR ME! DON'T YOU GET A MEAL WITHOUT ME!"

Taylor soon arrived, with her partner Meganium Lily and Patrick's partner Typhlosion Pyro returned all at once. Seemed Taylor hearing about the food offer was enough to cause her to drop everything and come.

"...is right here. Anyway this is my partner Pyro." Patrick said as he introduced his partner before he faced both Landon and Jack.

"And this is my best friend Taylor, and her partner Meganium Lily." Patrick said as he introduced his best friend and her partner. Taylor got over her foot crazy and gave a friendly nod to the pair of other trainers.

After L'loyd finished giving his pokémon a run he went back inside and decided to be less anti-social. He let his Zoroark "Zoro" stay out and walk with him because he saw other trainers doing the same, but when he entered the building Zoro had disappeared and Burke was standing beside him instead.
"Where did you come from Burke?" He asked puzzled "Let's get you back into your ball," L'loyd said, pressing the button on Burke's ball, only to have another Decidueye appear "What is going on?" L'loyd asked tilting his head.
Then it hit him "Zoro you tricky fox! I know that's you!" Zoro's illusion broke as he sent Burke back to his ball, he snickered jokingly.
L'loyd headed towards another trainer with shaggy blonde hair and attempted to strike a conversation, Zoro turned into a floatzel.
"Hey! You here for the league too I'm assuming?"

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Alright, alright. Drakon's overpowered. Is that what you wanted me to say?" he asked with a grin. "Anyways, nice to see an Empoleon. I have one, but he's with Birch. Hey, why don't you rest for a while, eh?" Jack said while looking at his Pokémon. The Salamence responded with a simple nod, and Jack returned him to his Pokéball.

"Nice to meet you, Taylor. Nice Meganium, too. Never actually saw one before in real life. Well, how about we get going to the restaurant. It's fast food anyways, so it'll be my treat. Sound good?" Jack asked the trainers in front of him.

"Typhlosion," Landon muttered as he stepped closer to Pyro, "Typhlosion are cool and powerful Pokemon," Landon stared at the Typhlosion before shaking his head, "Any way it's nice to meet you Taylor," Landon stretched quickly before taking taking out Mizu's Pokeball, "Alright Mizu return for now," he said as a red beam shot from the Pokeball recalling Mizu back to it, "Now let's go get something good to eat."

"Yeah, how about you" Tanner asked the stranger back."Hey you have a Floatzel too? cool!" Tanner noticed the scar on the Floatzel's belly."wait a second..." Tanner said comparing the to Floatzels "they're both the same!"Tanner exclaimed."Is that a Zoroark?!" Tanner asked loudly.

"Guilty! you caught me," L'loyd said impressed. "Zoro, you're getting lazy with your illusions, you gotta practice that.
Sorry about that, Zoro has this obsession with using his illusions to try and trick trainers. My name is L'loyd!" what's yours?" He said, extending a hand. "I had better study this guy and learn what he's all about if I have to face him soon." L'loyd though as he checked out the stranger's floatzel

"My name is Tanner"Tanner said as he extended his hand to meet L'loyds. I cant talk for too long i need to go get food i am famished!" Tanner said rubbing his belly."I should keep my distance if i want my pokemon to be a surprise." Tanner said as he walked away putting floatzel back in his ball."more importantly.... where should i go for lunch?"

"Yeah..." Ben muttered as Landon walked away. Before noticing some even more strong trainers, one with a Zoroark and one with a Floatzel. More tough trainers, huh? This'll be great experience for my Pokemon and I. Ben thought to himself before returning back to his phone and rearranging his lineups for the days to come.

Ry Burst was back to his old stomping grounds, Sinnoh. It had been two years, since he had last challenged this league only to lose. But he was ready, more so then he had been for a while.

“Are you here to take part in the Sinnoh League?” The receptionist asked Ry with a warm smile. Ry gave a nod and placed down his badge case along with his trainer ID. “Okay, Ry Burst. You’re ready for the Sinnoh League.” She handed him his thngs along with his room key. He gave a nod and turned around and saw a sight that made his blood run cold.

There was a group of trainers who had their Pokemon out, and it looked as i they were about to leave. Ry gave a mischievous smile as he recognized one in particular and pulled out and empty Pokeball from his bag, and aimed it. It soared through the air, clattering against the wall, near Landon’s head.

“HEY YOU!” Ry shouted, trying to sound intimidating to freak others out. But after a second of tension, he broke his angry persona with a wide grin. “I can’t believe you made it here again!” He shoute dthis again, with a more happy tone in his voice as he waved.

Robin walks towards the stadium. Her face was completely blank. This would be her first time entering a league, she was nervous, but didn't show. She strut towards the reception desk with confidence. "I'm here to register for the Sinnoh league." Robin says. "Okay, if you would please show me your trainer ID." Robin shows it up like she was showing her ID to a bouncer at a club. The receptionist typed away at her computer. "Alright Miss Robin Ambers, you've been registered for the Sinnoh league." The receptionist smiled at her. "Thank you." Robin puts her ID away and goes to a nearby seat to sit. She puts in her ear buds and pulls out a book. She begins to read. Her Ninetales sit next to the seat and drifts into a sleep.

Last edited:
Landon jumped at the sound of the Pokeball hitting the wall,"Who threw that?" he questioned as he began looking around before spotting a waving firgure, "No way," Landon muttered with a smile before making his way to meet with Ry, "Hey, you make it sound like I'm hopeless," Landon smiled as he extended his hand to Ry, "It's been way to long," he stated, "How have you been?" Landon was happy to see yet another familiar face.

Robin hummed along to her song quietly as she turned the page to her book. She reached into her pocket and nibbled on a piece of chocolate. The pokeball slamming against the wall and Ry screaming clearly annoyed her.

"Okay then, I have to go to my room and organizes some things anyway. I would join you but I ate on the boat. Talk to you later!" L'loyd said leaving Tanner. As L'loyd walked back to his room he noticed another challenger sitting in the lobby reading a book, She stuck out to him because everyone else was socializing but her. "weird" he thought, she looked stressed.

She noticed him staring at her. She ran what could happen if she did what in her head. She decided to close her book and confront him. "Can I help you?" She said. She looked and sounded much more mature then most of the other challengers.

Ben looked up from his phone, a pokeball went soaring through the air, a Zoroark was running around, kids are letting their giant Pokemon run all over, and there is a random chick trying to read, trying to be more mature than everyone else. To Ben, this place was basically a freak show.

"Phft, what a joke." Ben muttered as he powered down his device and then looked over at the complete roster of all of the challengers. I appeared he would be facing a young trainer named Mason in the first round.

Some guy whistled at Robin. She stared at him with a blank face. He winked at her. She sighed and then proceeds to throw her book at the guys face. The book makes a huge sound as it hit the guys face. He fell down onto the floor with a bloody nose and knocked out tooth.

"Sorry, couldn't help but notice you were reading all alone," L'loyd responded. he decided to slowly walk back to his room after witnessing some man get his teeth smashed out by a book. He now knew not to anger her and decided to leave her alone.

Robin and her Ninetales walked over to the guy and she picked up her book. She sighs as she sits down and continues reading. People stare at her and it makes her uncomfortable

Ben's attention was immediately drawn to the girl who had thrown a book at some innocent bystander, Ben raised his eyebrows once he saw the damage the book actually did. Of course people are going to stare, you don't just through a book at a person like that. Ben thought to himself.

"I kinda feel bad for that dude trying to talk to her." Ben mumbled as he took his phone back out and began researching his first round opponent, while also keeping an eye out just in case a book came sailing toward him.

Robin stood up and walked out of the reception area. "Damn it... why'd I have that sudden out burst of anger. Guys whistle at me all the time but I've never reacted this drastically." She said to herself. "Well at least everyone's scared of me, it gives me the upper hand in battle."

Ry ignored as a girl threw a book at a guy and broke his nose, as he walked over to his friend Landon. “Well I’m suprised is all. The last time I saw you was on Melemele Island, during my vacation. Well, I finished my training with Guurkin, which took a good while.” The boy gave his friend a smile. “So how’s Mizu, Spike, and the rest on the gang?” It was good to catch up with old friends, which was always something Ry loved about challlenging leagues You could not only make new friends and connect with old ones.

However he noticed the fact that Landon was in a group. “Sorry if I disturbed you guys or something.” He said feeling a bit embarrassed. “Hey, have you heard from Robby?” Ry added to Landon quickly to see what had happened with his friend.

Ben's attention was then caught by none other than Ry Burst, a well known and fermitable trainer. He knows Robby? Huh, what a small world... The trainer thought before approaching him.

"Robby?" Ben asked, "I can answer that question," Ben said to Ry, "I lost to him in the Alolan League and that's where he still is." Ben said in an almost lazily/non-caring tone (kinda hard to explain through just words). "I'm his old rival by the way. Him and I go way back to Kalos. The name is Ben." The trainer said, placing his hands in his pockets.

"Robby is in Alola last I checked," Landon answered as he began thinking back to his time in Alola, "Lyra is helping Professor Rowan with his research while also taking care of my Pokemon, and as for Spike," Landon smiled as he readied his Pokeball, throwing it into the air, releasing his Blaziken that slammed to the ground, before shouting intimidatingly, "Check it out," Landon pointed towards the beige and red stone that was being held by a metal brace, "Blazikenite as well as a Keystone," Landon smiled as he removed a small necklace with a small pink stone hanging from it, "We've come far since you last saw us," Landon muttered, while he enjoyed spending time with his Pokemon, Ry had been someone he had looked up to but almost always seemed out of reach for him to get to. "Ry, I hope that we are able to battle," Landon smiled as he extended his hand.

Last edited:
Is that...a Keystone?

Patrick had no reason to assume such a thing, Landon was a distance away and the item in his hand was difficult to make out. Patrick had met a number of new trainers and possible opponents and wanted to know more about them. However, if that item was a keystone...

"So are we gonna eat? All these trainers are nice and all but I'd rather we bond over a meal?"

Taylor's question interrupted Patrick's thoughts, as she had been brought out here with the promise of food but instead the group had fractured into chatter among themselves along with...unusual sights in the lobby. However, it was clear that both she and her Meganium Lily were rather hungry. Something himself and his Typhlosion Pyro had known all too well.

"Man, you are rather rude when you are hungry." Patirck teased as Taylor stuck her tongue out at him before Patrick turned to Jack.

"I think we are ready to take that offer Jack. Know a good place?" Patrick asked.