• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Shiny Music

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Magpie gave me permission to post this thread here, so why not? :3

As some of you guys might know, I'm an amateur musician; more specifically, a pianist, violist, and wannabe singer. I dabble in keyboard and guitar now and then, and I can play a Chinese violin (aka erhu) fairly well, but my two main instruments are still the piano and viola.

So yeah, here are the youtube vids now. |D

PART ONE - PIANO AND VIOLA SKILLS

Me playing and singing Tong Hua by Guang Liang(though you can barely hear the singing)

Katiechu's Christmas present for the competition: Hyrule Temple on Piano and Viola

PART TWO - VOCALOID COVERS WHEN I WAS BORED
I have a few, but I'm only posting the ones I think are worth listening to, because I'm not a trained singer. XD

Matryoshka

Magnet (with Jen~)

Antichlorobenzene

I haven't composed anything yet, but if I ever do (emphasis on IF), then I might try to play it and put it here. |D

Last edited by a moderator:
Teehee, you and Jen singing. Those were some good times...

I do hope that this means we'll be hearing more of your musical talents soon. Especially stuff like Hyrule Pizza, that was fun to listen to. Antichlorobenzene and Tong Hua were the only ones on this list I didn't hear before, but I do like them a lot. They certainly has development from your earlier ones on your YouTube page. I do hope to hear your music in my ears in the future, it soothes me :3

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Oh, how these make me wish I had even a tiny bit of your musical talent. I was not granted musical talents, it's fair to say I suck... so I always really appreciate it when others can play stuffs so well. I could listen to you playing Tong Hua all day ♥

Awesome stuff, I hope to hear more soon :D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football

I didn't actually play this, but this was for our AP Music Theory project. They gave us a melody, and told us to have some fun~

So the beginning is the melody in the right hand, with chordal accompaniment in the left hand of the piano. Then the piano part changes into an alberti bass in the left hand, and a right hand accompaniment to a violin melody. The viola comes in with a sort of countermelody before both violin and piano drop out and the viola continues on with a new melody (that I made myself~) in the dominant of the original key (so um, the "so" relative to the "do"?), and the violin takes on the melody while the viola gives it some harmony. Then it ends with the same piano stuff heard in the beginning, but the last few measures were elongated (augmented is the musical term) before just ending on tonic in the right hand, played in octaves.

... tl;dr is that I made music, turned it into an mp3 using midi stuffs, and uploaded it onto youtube.

I hope you enjoy this XD

Last edited by a moderator: