• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Shiny Drifloon Help:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, finally after 9 days and approx. 10,400 soft resets..I have a shiny Drifloon :D Not Timid though because Espeon was being lazy D: Anyways, here it is and I'm -hoping- for a Mixed sweeper or a Sub-passer.

Drifloon@None
Naughty
Aftermath
Gust
Focus Energy
Payback
Stockpile

HP 73
Attack 33
Defense 26
Sp Attack 33
Sp Defense 27
Speed 39

Aand his IV's are: 8/16/29/9/28/17

Thanks to anyone that helps :)

Kk, Baton Pass. Note that only Drifllon and its evolution are the only Ghost-types that get Baton Pass.

Drifblim@ Leftovers
Naughty Nature
188 HP / 192 Spd / 70 Def / 60 S. Def (1 More point for S. Def) or 74 Def / 56 S. Def (1 more point for Def)

-Baton Pass
-Substitute
-Calm Mind / Stockpile
-Shadow Ball

EVs are set up so it has optimal Leftovers recovery, along with 4 turns of Leftovers, it's able to have enough HP to make another Sub. The odd number lets is sub 4 times and have 1 HP left. The Speed EVs left Drifblim outspeed up to Max Speed, neutral nature Base 65 opponents and Max Speed, pro nature Base 45 opponents.

With Substitute, Drifblim will get 116 HP Subs and be able to Baton Pass them out.

Calm Mind to pass to Special Sweepers that could use the boost, or Stockpile to pass out Defense boosts.

Shadow Ball so you don't get stuck when you get Taunted and since it is only a minor 5 stat point difference from your attack and special attack, Shadow Ball will most likely give the highest damage output.

That's that. The IVs made it a lot easier to make the EV set.

And of course, congrats for the Shiny after 9 days of SRs.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Charge Beam is also a viable option in the third slot, and the extra coverage it provides along with Shadow Ball can be useful. Although it isn't quite as reliable as Calm Mind, and doesn't boost defenses either, it gets note as the most reliable stat-boosting move that also inflicts damage.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Drifblim @ Leftovers [pinch berry could also work, but is a bit risky]
-Baton Pass
-Stockpile
-Charge Beam / Protect [if leftovers]
-Ominous Wind
EVs:
12  HP 
252 DEF
244 Sp. DEF

Safer and more balanced than my second suggestion. I'd suggest Ominous Wind over Shadow Ball because you're not training the Baton Passer to do damage anyway, and the 10% chance at boosting all stats could really help whatever you baton pass to. Protect in place of Charge Beam will allow for some extra leftovers support, and increases your chances of getting to baton pass more than once. Charge beam does supply a way to dent the ever popular PHazer, Skarmory, and dropping it means losing your offensive boost for passing.
My EVs, like Jet's, are balanced for optimal support from leftovers, but Stealth Rock will do slightly less.

Drifblim @ Salac Berry or Leftovers
-Baton Pass
-Calm Mind
-Substitute
-Ominous Wind
EVs:
252 HP,
252 Sp. DEF
4   SPD

Essentially one of Jet's suggestions minus Shadow Ball, but with different EVs. Since it's focused only on special defense, it'll take hits a lot better in that area, and I'd lean towards the Salac Berry to boost with substitute.
If you do decide you'd like more balanced EVs though, take a look at drifblim's stats. It already has plenty of HP, so I wouldn't recommend more than what you need for optimal leftovers and substitute [12]. Drifblim is really lacking in defenses, so training those will allow it to take hits better than training it in HP.

[EDIT]

Drifblim @ Leftovers
-Stockpile
-Ominous Wind / Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt / Charge Beam
-Explosion
EVs:
100 ATK
122 DEF
200 Sp. ATK
88  Sp. DEF

Ominous wind can boost everything including your ending explosion, but Shadow Ball can give a bit more initial power and PP to work with. T-bolt gives a reliable attack, while Charge Beam will give you a good chance at raising special attack.
I'd suggest against using both Charge Beam and Ominous wind, but one or the other would be great for the set :)

Status
Not open for further replies.