• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Scribbles, Doodles and Art

'cause, you know, the art topic I've had since my very first days as a 'Charms member just seems so....

so....

...it's like it's run out of whatever super-powered topic-steam that pushes me to, well, post in it.

Keep it going.

Well - that and my severe ADD issues. (But we don't mention that. =D)

So I got into the frame of mind of restarting the art-log of a topic that is my own. 'cause heaven knows how good I am at posting my art in places meant for it. Like deviantART. Yeaaaaaaaah.

The more left unsaid about my deviantART accounts(s)(s)(s)(s), the better. ^-^

Enough ranting though - let me dump some lazy doodles and scribbles in here to give this post some meaning.

{...}

PS - LOL I KNOW SCRIBBLES AND DOODLES ARE ART. LEAVE ME ALONE. ;_; I NEEDED A TOPIC TITLE.

{...}

Lestat04.png

Some character for something that never got started. You know how I am. -waves her hand dismissively-

Shaun01.png

Now he - yep, he - is a character from a roleplay that DID get started. And is still going. Shaun, the completely-normal-and-something-of-a-pushover college student that got caught up in one of them darned Zombie Apocalypses. The tennis racket? WELL NOT EVERYONE HAS HANDY BASEBALL BATS OR MEAT CLEAVERS OR SHOTGUNS (OR CRICKET BATS) LYING AROUND.

Grey01.png

Recognize him?

WELL YOU SHOULD. (or maybe not)

This is Grey, my long-standing PRP character from the equally long-standing Every Journey Begins with the First Step PRP. I recently picked up that dusty ball from the patch of weeds it had fallen into, and now me n' daxx0r are back at it. Not here, for some reason, but it HAS just gotten started again.

Third01.png

Doodle-scribble in the car on the way home. God I was bored.

Two words.

DOCTOR WHO.

But yeah - no worries, daxx0r fell underneath my onslaught of random Dr.Who facts and not-really-subtle pleading, and so he took me up on that as well. ROLEPLAY AHOY!

LeonVi01.png

I miss the good old days when I had, you know, a pencil. The sketching, erasing, erasing, sketching, erasing, sketching....

ERASING.

It was nice. But not to fear - my pencil shall return to me before the sun has set on this day! Joy of joys!

The most prominent character on THIS page is Leon Vi Raven - scientist, doctor, owner of prehistoric Pokemon - from Every Journey. Seeing as the glasses-wearing doctor is soon to join the two OTHER males in their travels, I felt it necessary to actually, well, give him a face to pair with his written description.

Fucking bishie. (like...all.....my.......characters.....-laments, but not too much-)

-makes a note to throw something FEMALE into that roleplay soon-

{..}

And that's enough for now. =D Maybe I'll ruffle through some of my newer sketches and add them at some point, or I'll just add new drawings as I scan them in. For now, I need lunch.

And there's a freshly baked cake sitting, unguarded (if I can get past the evils of plastic wrap) and just waiting for me.

Oh yea first post, xD.

Wow I love these pictures. They are extremely good. Are these like characters for RP's or PRP's. If so you put alot of description in them. They are amazing and if your ever going to do request soon, which I hope, I would love to have some of your art in my siggy or as my avitar.

I

xGxAxBxYx - .....HOLY CRAP YOUR NAME TOOK TOO LONG TO TYPE OUT. Gotta reaquaint myself with that lovely Copy/Paste duo again. But yes - most of the characters I draw are characters (mine or someone else's) for roleplay. I probably would do requests if I wasn't so devastatingly fickle. Which means I'm afraid I would get one too many requests (at some point) and then just sweep everyone's underneath the bed, rug, nearest desk or table.....ETC. Maybe I could do one at a time, so long as the requesters had an unending pool of patience to draw from while they waited. xD

{...}

ALREADY DREW A NEW PICTURE.

And I'm surprised it'd the quality it is, seeing as I initially meant for it to be a lazy scribble while I waited for something on Youtube to stop being ghey and load.

Not that's it's good quality - just more than I expected, yuhnnoe?

First01.png

The Doctor again - which seems to imply that I'm going to be chewing off David Tennant's face and super gluing it to the Doctor I'm RPing. Till he gets stepped on by some intergalactic dinosaur or something. Then I'll sketch him out something more original. =D

BUT COME ON. I can't help it - crazy, unkempt, disheveled, windblown, bedhead hair is my favorite. WURD.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Wow, Taryn! Your art is still as good as ever, if not better. You're doing so well! And it's good to know that you're still doodling/drawing. ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I envy people like you, who can just doodle people on a whim and make them look presentable (Especially in a car!) XD
Animals I can draw, people - no. So like I say, these are great. I like the way you draw clothes, with may sound like a weird comment, but I think clothes are easy to mess up, especially on the shading. Shaun's clothes are perfect, you can tell he may not have had the best of times recently. I also love the tennis racket, because like you say, not everyone has a baseball bat laying around XD

Great stuff!

Shiny - =3 I don't think I'll ever NOT be doodling/drawing. Even when I'm worn out on it, I'll find myself doodling on some random piece of paper when I'm bored.

Magpie
- XDD I dunno about presentable, and I think that one sketch was a big bout of luck - which, if you notice, ran out when I tried to draw his coat. I make way too many mistakes while I'm drawing to draw competently with a pen. Out of anything, clothes are the things I struggle with the most, and find the need to search for references to most often. Face shape is also a big pain - and it's easy to tell I still don't really have that down, but - WELL, I gotta be satisfied with something after erasing/redrawing a few dozen times. The beaten look to the clothes is also new to me - and I was way-zoomed into a random manga page trying to figure out how best to portray it. Originally Shaun was going to get a boat oar - but, well, the racket just HAPPENED, I guess. Not really sure how. Or why. Doesn't matter now anyway, it being drawn already. =D

{...}

DatabaseChar01.png

Database's character, requested at some random time in the 'Charms chat, during one of those inevitable drawing-spells I go into. She's prolly not exactly right, and I could've spent more time on it, but....hm....we've had the ADD talk already, yes? I THINK we have, which means I can just stop talking.

El01.png

I SHALL EXPLAIN NOTHING. *coughElPictureSpamcough*

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I LOVELOVELOVE the picture you did for me! Thank you!

Edit: 50 posts at last!

These are really good! :D

I cant draw period xD I drew a Numel once and it came out weird looking haha..o.o'

but seriously if you were open to requests or something i would ask you to draw my character ^^'

{...}

Oak01.png

Completely mandatory over-the-top picture of epic that I feel the need to draw every so often. XD;; Gary/Alex Oak. I blame that trainer card of his for the dramatic billowing coat. That's what happens when you give characters trench coats. THEY BILLOW. DRAMATICALLY. IN THE WIND. AND SOMETIMES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THERE'S WIND OR NOT.

-completely attached to this picture, for reasons she doesn't really know-

Wonderful job on all of them, I just love the last one. I don't know how people like you can draw that well. (And in a freakin' car, too.) I really like the hair on Database's girl. I hope to see more soon.
d('-^d)

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
*steals the awesome coat of awesomeness and hides*

*flees giggling manically wearing said coat*

That picture's made of win ^^"

ASDDFJGKF I LOVE COMMENTS SO MUCH.

They make me feel all happy inside. :3

XD And I still remember when my art was......was......

-can't find the right word to describe it-

Really-not-nearly-as-good-as-it-is-now. Not that it's TEH BESTEST ART EVUR, but - it's definitely better than when I started.

XD;

{...}

TehDoctor01.png

This is me. Or as close to a 'me' as you'll get. Yes, my hair really does stick out all at odd angles in the back, and yes I DO LOOK YOUNGER THAN I SHOULD 'CAUSE I HAVE A CHIBI-FACE. That's prolly my favorite outfit right now. Simply because I adore wearing oversized coats, my headphones are epic win (even though my kitty b0rked them), and I wear that black button-up dress shirt more often than I should.

=D

PRPOC01.png

Either a new PRP character, or the main character for a Pokemon fic I might write. I haven' really decided yet. Meet arrogant-snide-cold-and-loner-type Reese Marshall. Almost geeky-weak as far as physical prowess goes, but it's okay, he's a child genius.

This was just an initial scribble, deciding his hair style.

Marshall01.png

And that is a more official picture. He's supposed to have very noticeable, piercing eyes. And his hair is pretty. ^-^ With a ponytail.

GO PONYTAIL, GO!

The crying-face in the corner was the spawn of me thinking that he'd prolly be loathe to admit when he's upset.
"...I'm fine."

"You're crying. o-o"

".....What are you talking about? No I'm not. >=|"

Such a bundle of sunshine and rainbows and happy-happy-joy.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
...That wasn't necessary, don't do it again...ever.

MarshalManga02.png

....Too sleepy now.

Later.

Will explain later.

-makes a sleepy lunge for her bed-

PS - IT TAKED ME A LONG TIME TO DRAW. ;; LONG LONG TIME. SO NO BEINGK MEAN.

OMFG!!! SPIRITOMBS GONNA KILL YOU!!!

No! Really! It looks like it gonna eat the guy...

*evil laugh* I LOVE IT!!!

Everyone: Errr...

Marshall03.png

Ugh, Mars Bar, you really are too fun to draw.

....Makin' me stay up late after I thought I was getting back onto a regular(ish) schedule.... |<

-mumble-

-grumble-

-is proud of this picture too-

MAYBE MY PROPORTIONS ARE FINALLY IMPROVING. =D WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE?

YES, YES IT WOULD.

I KNOW.

-passes out facedown on the keyboard-

XDD

Swellow02.png

Posted because Jet said that I ought to. :3

Sketch-a-doodled because he asked in passing if I could draw Swellow....I think it was when I was drawing Reese's Pieces up there's Pikachu, but it doesn't matter all that much. XDD

So I tried.

And bird-anatomy pecked my eyes out.

XD But I tried.

Doctor

you have one of the most adorable-looking character designs I have ever come across.

The Pikachu there makes me want to see how well you can draw other Pokemon in the fairy and cute categories. Not to mention that is a Swicked Swellow there. Characters are a wee bit thin, but I've seen thinner, and it is rather nice regardless, with the exception that a few characters' faces are a bit narrow.

I can also see a bit of a problem with the profile in your first post. The nose is a tad small, but other than that it looks very good anyway. Overall, these are quite enjoyable to look at :D

P

Pokepok

Teh Doctor

these are the most awesome pictures that I have ever come across! That PRP trainer looks way too cool and that swellow is very nice too! Oh, and that Pikachu ( on the trainer) looks very, very cute, too.

Keep the good work!!

*Starts singing* Bow down...bow down. Before the power of Santa!
Haha, I'm lovin' the Invader Zim, really good. You should try a Gir one (not a request!).
I'm just happy someone else knows Invader Zim.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I can't believe how good you are at expressions. The face on that last image is priceless. I've always had the opinion that facial expression and mood are one of the hardest aspects of drawing, especially on characters. You pull them off perfectly. Great pieces as usual, they never fail to impress me ^^

COMMENTS.

='3

COMMMMMMMMMENTS.

-scrapes them all into a pile, bundles them in her arms, staggers back to her house, and frames them all-

>

-ahems-

Right.

-shuffles off-

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
*loves Taryn*

Epic piccyness of awesome Zimness :0

Dib01.png

'cause if I plan on drawingk Zim as a comic, I need to be able to draw the Dib-human.

-nods to herself-

I LIKE HOW HE CAME OUT, EVEN IF I FORGOT TO TO MAKE HIS GARGANTUAN HEAD.

-marches off-

Win. And it looks fine with out the massive head. Just cause you're that good. Any thing you draw is swicked.

Nice job. I wanna see more.

*Squeals*
Eeeeeeekk! You drew Gir, and it's so like him!
*Slaps face* Eerrmm, *cough* *cough* Erk...yeah.
I agree on the Gaz, she's cool too.
Great job on Dib, I like your style better.

Alt01CG.png

Alt - my character for this webcomic Devin and I are developing. He's a two-hundred-or-so-year-old alien-ish hybrid ('tho he's about fifteen or so in hyuman yearz), and one of those super-tech-savvy people. Plus he has nanomachines that he uses for regeneration and that have given him the ebility to produce electricity.

YAY.

LOVE HIM.

Colour is win. The drawing looks swicked Taryn. It looks awesome Taryn. I can't wait to see the webcomic now.