• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rockin' With Team Rocket!

Cadence grinned, lifting off her tshirt to reveal a Team Rocket logo on her uniform underneath. "You three had best hand over the Charmeleon, or else you'll be in big big trouble!" she hissed, Koffing floated alongside her, as she stood alongside Janice, folding her arms and glaring at the three young trainers.

"You! You're one of them!" helplessly cried the boy, hiding his Charmeleon's Pokeball behind his back. "But why did you help those Pokemon escape?".

Cadence tossed her hair, which gleamed brilliantly in the sunlight, and declared "I can't abide cruelty to helpless Pokemon, however, cruelty to idiot trainers I can deal with." She pulled a black Pokeball with an R on the front, and tossed it into the air above the boys. Instead of a Pokemon, out came a weighted net, which fell around the three, the weight too much for them to take as they fell on their fronts under the net.

"Ahahahaha, like three sitting Psyducks!" she cackled, "Do you want to do the honor of taking his Charmeleon if I get our getaway prepared?" she asked her fellow Rocket agent, as she ushered to Koffing to keep watch on their prisoners.

--------------
((OoC: OH how great was the temptation to recite the motto? :( ))

Seth smiled, as the boy turned to him. "Y-y-ou? P-please?" Seth made another gruesome smile. "I'm sorry, but I'm afraid..." He said taking of his casual clothes, to reveal his rocket uniform, "you're cornered. Now, had over the Charmeleon, and this won't get ugly." He said, and his came to him.

The kid's looked very frightened, as they were cornered by the Rockets. "B-b-but...Charmeleon isn't in a good-" The kid said, being interrupted by Seth, "No. You don't get it. We find you're Pokemon, we take them, you give them. Get it?" The boy looked at him. "G-got it...But, will we get them back?" "Of course! I mean, from 6 to 8 years...and probably never..." The boy began to cry.

(OoC: Rachel's true purpose!)

Rachel now noticed that the seemingly casual battle outside was now a full-fledged Rocket attack. "Ugh. They have to make things difficult!" Rachel spoke to herself. Luckily, she was already dressed as a normal person. But, if one were to see her again at the Rocket base... That'd be trouble. She pulled from her bag a contact case, and opened it. Inside were contact lenses, obviously, however these were colored emerald green. And as such, when she put them onto her eyes, they turned them green. She then made a quick dash for the area of the chaos. Rachel then realized one flaw: the Rockets may recognize her Seviper. Using her limited abilities of improvisation, though, she thought there may be a way to avoid battle. So, she continued her way into the fray. "Rockets! Return these young boys' Pok

"Heh, maybe I had you pegged all wrong," Janice said to Cadence as she reveal her true colors. She walked up to the crying boy under the net and kicked him a little. "And you, quit your blubbering. Life's not fair. Deal with it. Just be glad I'm only taking your Pokemon."

As she knelt down to pluck the PokeBalls off their belts, a voice rang out that made her stand up and take notice. Some green-eyed girl had shown up, demanding they release their ill-gotten Pokemon. There was something vaguely familiar about this girl, but she couldn't quite place it.

"Great, a do-gooder," Janice said, more annoyed than anything else. Her arms nonchalantly disappeared under her poncho. "Buzz-off, Kitten. You're way out of your league, and I'm not wasting my talents on some wanna-be hero."

"Ah, I love it when people try to be heroes!" laughed Cadence, looking to Janice, and then back at the girl. "Sorry sweetheart, I'm afraid you'll be too tied up to help!" With that, Cadence produced another Pokeball, same as before, with an R on the front, and hurled it at the girl. Out came a cloud of white smoke, along with a steel wire, which immediately snapped around the girl's wrists and ankles, immobilizing her.

"Think she has any Pokemon?" she looked to Janice, who glared at the young green eyed girl. "Actually, I doubt it. No Pokemon would stand for having such a weak master." she laughed, and turned away. She picked up the cage holding the Venonat, as Seth picked up the cage containing Hitmontop. "Does she look familiar to you?" she whispered to Janice "I think I may have seen her before...but those eyes, I'd recognise them anywhere." before Janice could answer, the sound of a wailing siren in the distance filled the air. "Man, the cops'll be here any minute!" hissed Cadence "Just when it was getting fun!".

He looked at the girl, the Hitmontop case in his hands. "Girly, what are you doing?" He said, "You should be home, playing with your dollies, not messing around with people way out of your league. "We're Team Rocket, you can't beat us!" He said, before Cadence told him about the police. "Shoot! Just when things were getting fun...Stupid cops...Girly, leave, now. You wouldn't want to get in a fight with us." He said, as the siren got louder, "C'mon girls! Let's blast off!" He said, (No pun intended) as they all ran off, to the base.

OoC: YEA! We should get donuts.

"Damn them..." Rachel muttered under her breath. She wriggled a bit, trying to get out. Not much success came from this, but luckily the police arrived quickly. The untied her and removed the net from the boys, of whom thanked the police and ran off, quite scared. "Well, thank you. I must be leaving now, sorry, lunch." Rachel said, not wanting to go into detail of the event. And as such, she returned to the restaurant, and went straight for the restrooms. Not to, you know, but to remove the contacts, and change her appearance ever-so slightly, so in case this partner who was coming, if they had seen her before, would recognize her. Otherwise, she still looked like a typical girl, that is, with midnight purple hair. She took a seat in a booth, and this time ordered food, so her presence wouldn't be as suspicious. And, there she waited, hoping her partner would arrive soon. Her food came, and she slowly began to eat it, still hoping this partner hadn't skipped out on her.

((Cadence, you can't automatically land attacks on other players or their Pokemon, even just to restrain them. This is okay for now, but try to give other players a chance to avoid the attack next time.))

"Later, Kitten," Janice said, dropping smokebombs from under her poncho before recalling her Murkrow and escaping from the others. She led Seth and Cadence to her jeep on the other side of the alley, onto which they loaded up the cages and drove off. They managed to avoid being seen by the cops as they drove back to base.

"Not bad for an impromptu mugging," she said. "Personally, I couldn't care less about defending helpless Pokemon, but Hitmontop are pretty rare in these parts. I'll let it slide this time, but in the future we should be hitting up bigger game than two-bit bullies like them."

Phobe woke up the next morning. She looked at her clock and went:

"Agh! Great! I'm late! Oh no, ohno,ohno..." Phobe exclaimed while getting dressed. "Bane! Wake up!" Phobe called to Bane. "Where's my hairbrush?" It wasn't on the table where she put it last night. She looked in her mirror. "Even better! My roots are showing!" Phobe mumbled to herself while looking for her hairbrush. Her natural dark red roots were highly contrasting the black dyed locks. "Got to find a bottle of hair dye one of these days..." Phobe mumbled. "Bane! Wake up!" Phobe snapped when the little Larvitar still hadn't woken up. "Guess I'll go without brushing my hair today." She said, while putting her hair up in a ponytail. The Larvitar then woke up, with Phobe's hairbrush in his hands. "You little imp! Give me back my hairbrush!" Phobe exclaimed while snatching the hairbrush from Bane. From what Phobe knew about Team Rocket rules, female Grunts weren't usually allowed to put their hair up in uniform, but Phobe was allowed to today. Phobe then recalled Bane. "Sorry Bane. Got to run." She apologized. "You aren't that fast."

Phobe skipped breakfast, ran out of the dorm building of TR HQ, and started to run to the resturant. She slowed down to a fast jog when she saw the date on a newspaper.

"Oh my gosh! It's March 10th! My 16th birthday!" Phobe exclaimed. "Don't have time, but I'll get myself a little treat anyway."

Phobe dashed into a PokeMart, got a little package of Oran Berries, and an elastic hold item pouch for Bane. When she finally got to the resturant, she saw Rachel, the nice Rocket Grunt she had met yesterday, through the window, and slid in the seat across from her, still holding her self-given presents.

"Sorry I'm late. Alarm clock didn't ring, Bane stole something of mine, and it's my 16th birthday, so I bought myself a present. Whoop-de-doo. Sorry I'm late. What did I miss? What's our partner and job assignments?" Phobe gasped, nearly out of breath.

(Ooc: Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I don't go on the computer on weekends.)

"Oh, our assignments? Well, none as of now. Interesting, huh, we'd be paired?" Rachel explained. Her last question was rhetorical, and after she ended her speech she sipped her drink. "So, anyways, that leads me to assume we're free to do as we wish." Rachel went on, her voice surprizingly calm considering the recent events. She left money on the table, and walked Phobe out. 'Oh crap... I'm sure Rockets don't leavr tips... Maybe she didn't notice.' Rachel thought. To make sure Phobe wouldn't pay it any mind, Rachel decided something. "So... If we have nothing to do, perhaps training? By that I mean a quick battle, of course." Rachel said. She pulled Seviper's Pok

Seth turned to Janice, and his Zubatwas recalled to it's pokeball. "Yeah yeah...Don't nag me to death. Besides, they had it comming." He said, looking back at the resturant. 'Who would that girl have been...' he wondered, but just dropped the topic. It would come out sooner or later.

When they finally entered the base, (Seth eating some grub he picked up,) they reported to Viper. "Ah...Nice...Good job, new recruits. Hitmontops are quite rare...And a Venonat? Meh." And both Venonat and Hitmontop flinched, scared at what might happen to them. Viper threw their cages to the ground, the pokemon making a small noise.

Viper dismissed both Cadence, and Janice, and told Seth to stay. He closed his office door the the girls, and began speaking to Seth. "Seth, I am trying to get a partner to you, but I think I have a trio for you. Rockets Phobe, and Rachel might be your new partners, so I am going to have them meet up with you, but I do not know where..." Viper began to think, then looked at Seth. "...Dismissed." Seth nodded his head, and left the room, for his superior to think.

As soon as Seth walked out, over the loudspeaker, Seth could hear Viper's voice: "Rockets Phobe, Seth, and Rachel to my office." This message rang through the office. Seth groaned, and once again, entered Viper's room. Viper nodded his head towards a seat, and Seth took it. As Seth was about to ask a question, Viper quickly answered it saying: "I have an assignment for you three, and I will make it clear when they get here.

"Okay, sure. I'll battle you. In just a sec, though." Phobe opened up the package of Oran Berries, placed one in the hold item pouch, closed it, and sent out Bane. "Hey, Bane, want to battle?" Phobe asked.

"Larvitar! Lar, VITAR!" Bane called out. (or: Yeah! Let's BATTLE!)

"Yep, he sure looks like he wants to battle." Phobe said to Rachel, while slipping on the new hold item pouch on the little Larvitar.

"Use this only if you feel on the verge of fainting." Phobe commanded Bane while pointing to the pouch. "Rachel, could we please go back to HQ after this battle? I want to get an assignment from Viper."

Phobe clapped. "Okay Banesh, let'sh bashttle! I mean 'let's battle!' Use Rock Slide!" Phobe commanded, while munching on Oran Berries.

Would it hit? Or would Rachel's Seviper hit first?

(Ooc: Let's make it short. We have to respond to Viper's call. I PMed you and Seth/Tobi an idea for the assignment Viper might give to us.)

A ringing sound came from Rachel's bag. "Hmm, I'm going to answer it." She said, and pulled out a thin cell phone. She opened it to answer, and it was then Seviper was hit by Rock Slide. "Ow..." Rachel said as she pressed the talk button. "Hey there. What'cha need?" She said. After she got her answer, and a bit more dialogue, she hung up. She pulled out Seviper's Pok

"A depiction of evil." That's what that old man wanted in a drawing, that is what he was gonna get...

Jeydis walked into the Rockets office, the floor was dark colored marble and the whole place was rather well furnished; he was high ranked. The man with the purple mohawk from the videophone was standing at the window, looking down at the currently empty training field.

"Your early...I wasn't expecting that from an outsider." the man said.
"I do my best to impress." the girl replied, glancing rapidly at Viper's office, studying colors and textures for possible use in a later painting.

"The trainers I told you about are on their way, you should be able to follow them and get what you need for this...depiction you want so badly."
"Great." Jeydis reached into her large canvas bag and pulled out a small black box with a heavy lock at the front. She placed it down on the big wooden desk carefully and backed away to keep her eyes on Viper's tall figure.
"Your payment, Sir. Twenty-five large gold nuggets, straight from the Dewford caves"
Viper's stony expression broke in a large grin at the thought of all the things he could get with that gold.
"Take a seat, Miss Jeydis, your art subjects should arrive shortly."
He walked to the desk and swiped the box up, studying the lock carefully. Jeydis tossed the silver key on the desk, it rang lightly through the large room. Viper's hand flashed upon it and the box was open in an instant, a soft gold glow bathing his rigid face in light. His grin widened even more.

(OoC: I feel like im intruding on your plans, hope you dont mind too much :) )

(Ooc: Not at all Jeydis. Your idea of following the Grunts is pretty cool)

"Woah! Wait up!" Phobe yelled as Rachel started towards the HQ building. "Okay Bane, have the rest of the berries." Phobe said, giving Bane the package. "Return!" Red light engulfed both the Pokemon and the Oran Berries. After the little Larvitar was in his ball, Phobe started running with Rachel, catching up in about two minutes.

Phobe and Rachel made it to the HQ building just in time. As they rode up the elevator, Phobe was so exicited her fingers kept twitching from holding in the massive "Awesome!" of joy at getting a really big assignment. The elevator then arrived at the floor with Viper's office with a loud 'Ding!' Phobe stepped out, ignoring Rachel totally because of the excitment of the prospect of an assignment, stepped in the office and saluted, "Cadet Phobe here and accounted for SIR! What's my assignment?" Phobe finished, almost ready to jump up and down.

Viper sighed. "Your assignment is in these letters. The other new Cadets will join in the assignment too. I will see to them later. Rachel, Phobe, here is your new partner." Viper said, while pointing to Seth.

Viper handed them letters that read this:

New Rocket Grunts,

You have a new assignment. Hi-jack a shipment of rare Shiny, Dawn, and Dusk Stones from Sinnoh. It's an important, but simple job, but we cannot use anyone too high in the ranks because they may be easily recongnized from the wanted posters. We will supply you with Vigoroths to help you move them, but you may not keep them. Steal any Pokemon you can from the workers. Your reward for each of you if you do it correctly will be a male Ralts (we have only one female Gardevoir at HQ, and need to get a female Ralts, but failed), a stone of your choice from the shipment, and a TM from our large assortment. If you fail, you will be put on dorm showerhouse cleaning duty for the rest of the year and your Pokemon will be suspended from duty for that period. (basically, you lose your Pokemon for a year.) I repeat, this is an important but simple assignment, and must be done correctly. These stones cannot be found in Kanto, Johto, or Hoenn. If we get them, we can sell most on the black market for 1000 times their worth, and keep the rest for our own use.

Viper

After Phobe read the letter rather quickly, she said, "When will I perform the assigned mission sir?"

"You will start it tomorrow night. Here are two Vigoroths for each of you." he said, placing two Pokeballs, two Ultra Balls, and two Great ball on the desk.

"Thank you sir!" Phobe saluted. "May I be dissmissed to get ready, sir?" Phobe requested.

"Yes, you are dismissed, Cadet." Viper responded.

Phobe took one Ultra Ball and one Great Ball off the desk. She whispered to Rachel "I'm going to the cafeteria to get something to eat. I'll see you there. Tell our new partner to meet us down there too. Bye."

Phobe marched out of the room, slipping the shrunken balls in her pocket, because her normal belt did not have a belt with clips for Pokeballs. She took the elevator down to the cafeteria, and bought a bowl of fruit-topped PokeFood for Bane and vegetable soup for her.

"I'm excited at the prospect of getting a Ralts and a TM." Phobe spoke while Bane ate. "I might get you Avalanche. You might need it to deal with those nasty Grass types."

"Schmar-shtar." (translation with mouth full: That's cool."

"But if I fail the assignment, I'll lose you for the rest of the year, though." Phobe responded.

All the food dropped out of the Larvitar's mouth. He'd only been with Phobe a day or two, but he had already gotten a bit attached to her.

"Tar-TAR!" (or 'No WAY should that happen!')

Seth listened to Vipers words, and he took two pokeballs, and headed to the cafeteria with Phobe, watching her. He listened to her Larvitar, and then he spoke to her: "Hi, are you Phobe? Or Rachel? I think you're Phobe, since you have the Larvitar, and he looked at it, as it was staring at him, with food dropping out of his mouth. Seth chuckled.

He called his Zubat, and he got himself some chips. He gave some pokefood to his Zubat, and it munched its food happily, and began to play around with Bane, flying around his head. Seth smiled at them, before turning to Phobe. "I really want to to do well on this assignment: I would love a Ralts. Especially a male, for Gallade. I think, for such reason, I shall take a Dawn Stone." He said, and sipped a little coffee.

He turned to Phobe again. "Give me your Pokegear number, I will get Rachels as well, and I will call you two tomorrow night. He should stick together tomorrow however, we should try and steal some pokemon, brush up. I don't know if you were at the Viridian Resturant, but I snatched some pokemon there, including a Hitmontop. If we search hard enough, we could find some more rare pokemon." He said, finished his bag of chips, his Zubat sleeping on his shoulders.

He smiled. "I love this little guy, he is so hardworking, I swear I have a trainers bond with this bugger. I would hate to lose him- so let's get this, and get a new pokemon as well- and maybe try to get a bit of the money when we sell the stones." He said, winking to her.

"Hitmonnnnnntop!!!" a scream came from the cage in the laboratory. The tiny fighting Pokemon was in tears for it's master, after being abducted by the Rocket Grunts earlier that day. Cadence and Janice stood side by side in the lab, proud of their capture, even proud of the Venonat which was locked in a cage on the opposite side of the room. Cadence's and Janice's Pokemon, hovered by their masters.

"AGENTS!" came a loud bellow. "Viper", whispered Cadence to Janice, who kept quiet.

"What did you think you were playing at?!" barked Viper "You could have given away your identities!. Well?! What do you have to say for yourselves?!"

Both agents kept their heads down, Koffing and Murkrow cowered behind their trainers.

"I...I..." began Cadence, intimidated by her Rocket superior, keeping her head down. "There w-were s-some brats tormenting a group of i-innocent Pokemon...I w-wanted to punish them really." she finished.

"ENOUGH! Team Rocket do NOT play the heroes!" said Viper, angered. "As pleased as I am to see you snagged a rare Pokemon, you compromised Team Rocket Agents identities, as well as your own! I should just fire the both of you! But, I'm not going to." he stopped. He pulled out two envelopes, and handed one to each of the agents before him.

"I have a much more interesting assignment for you" as Cadence and Janice opened the envelopes, and pulled out the paper inside them. "You are both to be dispatched to Sinnoh in two days time. We have recieved word that a large shipment of rare evolution stones will be arriving at Canalave City's port, one week from tonight. Now." he paused. "I have informed your fellow agents of the mission, and you will all be taking the ferry together, from Vermillion City, to Olivine City in Johto. And then on to Sunyshore City in the Sinnoh region. Any questions so far?"

Cadence and Janice shook their heads, almost in unison.

"Good, now. I already issued your fellow agents with Vigoroth to storm the building holding the stones from the front. However, for you two. I think you would be best suited to sneak into the building from behind. However, since the back of the building looks out onto water, there we might have a problem. Vigoroth are not known for being strong swimmers. So you will both be issued with a Poliwrath, which you will return once the mission is complete."

Viper took a look at the cadets again, and continued.

"Once the heist is successful, you will take the stones to a marked rendevous spot outside Canalave, where the stones will be airlifted. You will then be left to lay low, and then make your way back here to HQ by any means neccassary. Together or apart."

Viper then turned to leave, before handing each of the cadets a Pokeball marked with an R.

Cadence looked at Janice, and then back at the Pokeball in her hand.

-----------------------------------------------

(OoC) If you want to be in the infiltration team, make a post informing Viper of it. I just don't like Vigoroth at all :(

(OoC: If you guys have any complaints about anything im doing feel free to contact me, ill adjust :D)

"They will be leaving very soon, if you want to make your way with them head for the commons, if you want to sneak behind then wait here."Viper sneered, and walked back to his office. The large door banged close and the rocket admins too their position back in front of the dark wooded gate.

"Guess we might as well go introduce ourselves..." Jeydis said in a soft voice towards the wall opposite the door. Two golden orbs blinked open near a bench and winked at the surprised Rocket guard. Nox, a close companion of Jeydis emerged from his camouflage, gave his tail a bit fo a shake and dashed up Jeydis' shoulder.

"KecKec!" (Let's Go!)

Jeydis walked down the stairwell and headed towards the commons, unsure of what to expect from the rocket grunts but hoping for a lil excitement, the journey from dewford had been quite dull and she needed to ruffle some feathers. The commons door swung open, Jeydis blinked a few times from the stronger light then headed over to the food counter and grabbed Nox an apple and a sandwich for herself. She leaned against the railing and spied around the large room, looking for the kids from the pictures Viper had shown her. She spotted one of the girls, "Cadence I think it was..." and walked over to their table.

"Hello there Rockets! My name is Jeydis, I am what some would call an artist. I have a commission ot portrait some rockets in action and since the big names like Butch and Cassidy were off somewhere on a "Top Secret" Mission, Viper assigned me to you lot."
She pointed to the munching Kecleon on her shoulder.
"This is my partner Nox, he will be travelling with us. And like him I know how to make myself unseen by most and I can take care of myself in battle so I won't get in the way of your business, I just want to get my commission done and leave you boys and girls to your crimes and heists and whatever..." She saluted "So Temporary Grunt Artiste Jeydis, reporting for duty!"

Phobe listened to Jeydis' words, thinking that an artist, or as she put it, 'Artiste', tagging along woulde be pretty cool. Phobe imagined Jeydis painting away while she was in an epic battle with a worker.

"Sure Jeydis. you can tag along. I have no problem with it." Phobe approved.

Phobe turned to Seth again, keeping an eye on his Zubat. She didn't want Bane to get hurt. (Ooc: Lol, like an overprotective mother with her Pokemon.)

"Yeah, I'm Phobe. I'd probably choose the Dawn Stone, but it would take a lot of effort to hide it from a Kirlia in a small dorm room. And sorry, you can't take my PokeGear number because I don't have any."

Phobe finished her soup and put her tray on the rack to the kitchen. Bane wasn't done with his food yet, so she left it there. Phobe went back to her seat, and asked Rachel,

"What are the details to the mission? Are we split up into different teams, or whatnot?"

(Ooc: So far, Phobe doesn't know the details of the mission, like location, time, teams, etc., she has the letter, and that's about it. She was hungry. That's why she left early to the cafeteria. She skipped breakfast/lunch to get to the Virdian Resturant.)

He nodded to Jeydis, agreeing with Phobe, then returned her gaze at Bane and Zubat with a- "Don't worry. He won't hurt your Larvitar." He also answered her PokeGear answer with a- "Shoot. Oh well. I'll fill you in on the mission." He said before proceeding to eat some soup.

His Zubat, finishing his food, slept on Seth's shoulder, and Seth smiled again. He turned to Phobe, AGAIN. (OoC: He's like a broken record! XD) "Ok, so I will answer you Q's." (Yes, he said Q's. Live with it.) He proceeded to tell her.

"There are different teams, I am pretty sure Viper is going to assign a different group. I don't know who, but I think he is going to make a sneak-attack group as well. We are on the same team. We are supposed to get the stones, with the Vigoroths." He told her, continuing on.

"Now, we will need to be prepared for this. So, do you want to have a battle with our pokemon? Oh, and we should maybe go into town, and snatch us some pokemon for practice." He said, finished his soup. "I'm heading to my room, so if you want to do anything, let me know. My dorm number, the number on my dorm, is 2288474. Okay? Seeya." He said, and rinsed his soup bowl up, and walked out of the cafeteria.

Seth finally got to his dorm room, and woke his Zubat. "Buddy, wake up!" He said, as it awoke, making a small cry. It flew to it's bed, and Seth jumped on his as well, and began to think, and took a nap.

"'Kay. Sounds cool. See you there." Phobe answered. The team idea sounded cool. Like the 'storm, take, and destroy' team. She picked up on other conversation from the other cadets that they were going on a ferry from Kanto to Olivine City to Canalave City. Phobe had never gone to Johto or Sinnoh before so it sounded pretty cool. Seth seemed cool and nice too, so it was a pretty good night.

"Larvi." (or: I'm done.) went Bane, staring at Phobe with an empty dish beside him.

Again, Phobe was snapped out of her thoughts. She thought way too much. It was going to get her into trouble one of these days.

"Okay Bane, I see you. You're done. We're going to have a little battle tonight, with a new partner named Seth and his Zubat, so you better get to know them pretty well. And you better get to know Rachel and her Seviper well, too. She's part of our trio, if you haven't been listening." Phobe told him. "Bane, return!"

Bane returned to his Pokeball, and Phobe put Bane's dish on the tray, pushed in her chair, and ran up to her dorm. Phobe put the Pokeballs she had in the healing machine on her floor. After she healed them, Phobe packed a small bag, with her toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, food for Bane, and a few changes of clothes, nothing out of the ordinary for a traveler. But the unusual thing is she packed an outfit of all black. It had a black studded belt, similar to the belt she wore out of uniform, but it was a trainer's belt, one she had found in a second-hand store cheap. She also had a black skater-style hat, black T-shirt, black jeans with her Rocket ID and pass card in the pocket, black socks, black hiking boots, a black skateboard for quick travel, and finally, a little pot of black face paint. Phobe called it her 'survailliance/infiltration/attack' outfit. Making sure she had all three balls in her pocket, she made the treachorous trip to Seth's dorm.

Geez, this side of the dorm is wilder then my side for sure. Phobe thought. I nearly tripped in a pile of black ooze on the carpet! Why the heck did the architect and designer make the carpet black!?! Booby traps were wild on the way to Seth's room, with one every few steps, from the classic prank water-bucket-over-the-door to the amazingly complex ones that had to have come from the slackers who didn't do their assignments. Phobe finally made it to his door with only a few ooze stains on her jeans and some water soaked in her hat. If she was in uniform, she would be punished by a superior for sure. Thankfully, she wasn't. Phobe knocked on door to dorm number 2288474 and said,

"Yo! Seth, it's Phobe. I have an idea. Why not test the Vigoroths? Two on two, starter and one of the apes. Please?"

She pulled the Ultra Ball and Bane's Pokeball out of her pocket, pushed the button to make them grow, and held them in her right hand waiting for Seth to open the door.

Seth dreamed of himself with his Zubat, which was now a Crobat, fighting against Giovanni for the title of leader. He was winning, his Crobat against his Kangaskhan.

"Crobat! You're doing great!" He said, as his Crobat finished Giovanni's Kangaskhan, with a deadly Wing Attack. Seth was very happy. "Yea!" He said, as he hugged his Crobat, and Giovanni talked to him. "Good job grun- Er, Leader. You battled very well, and now, you have earned yer rank to Leader. Good job." He said, as they were in a Rocket stadium. He turned to the audience members, nodded, as they bowed to him.

Then he awoke, he realizing his dream only being...well...a dream. He sighed, wishing it was all true. He awoke to the sound of a book falling, as he was a light sleeper. He got out of bed, drowsy, and put the book, the, The Shortcut to Dreaming back on the desk he realized this was quite ironic, and he scowled. He hated irony.

He stayed in his room for a while, reading some random book, and smiling at his snoozing Zubat, as he was feeling it was having a beautiful dream, like the one Seth was having. He finished his book, and looked at the time. It was 6:30.

He heard his door knock, and he heard Phobe's voice, and smiled. He put on something appropriate, like his uniform, and walked out of his dorm room. He smiled, and he answered with a slow, "Yes." He quickly went to his room, and woke his sleeping friend. It smiled at him, it obviously being tired as well. He picked up his belt, which contained the Vigoroth. He walked back out. He walked down the hall, notioning for Phobe to come with him.

As they walked down the hall, Seth occasionally looked back at her shirt, which was wet. He was about to ask why, but he stopped. He already knew the answer. "Stupid Tyler..." He whispered, as it was his friend Tyler who did that. He scolded him in his mind, and chuckled at his pain.

They got to an elevator, and his Zubat quickly ran to the elevator, somewhat racing Bane. Bane won. They reached the floor, and smiled to the Professor Matt, who he had met on his first days. Matt smiled at him, and walked on. They, Phobe and Seth, walked outside to the Battlefield, where they would began.

His Zubat got ready, as did he, she, and Bane. He looked at her, intensely. "You may make the first move." He said, as his Zubat got ready for what was coming.

Janice rolled her eyes as Viper chewed them out for "playing hero." It was all Cadence's fault, as far as she was concerned. Janice merely capitalized on an opportunity. Unlike Cadence, Janice only appeared to the marks in her Rocket uniform. It would only take some simple disguise work to pass as a normal civilian. Just a change of clothes and a minor alteration to her hair, maybe a pair of glasses or a tiara. It didn't take much to fool Johnny-on-the-Street. Even Cadence could pull that off.

Janice took interest when Viper told them about their next heist. Now that would be something worth her time. She should probably bring her back vacuum, just in case something valuable spilled. Her ninja infiltration kit, too, but she always had that on her.

'A Poliwrath,' she thought to herself as she took the PokeBall Viper handed her. She tossed it lightly into the air and caught it on the way down. 'That'd make a decent addition to my team. Too bad I'm supposed to give it back. I guess I'll have to misplace it later.'

Janice glanced at Cadence as she hid the PokeBall under her poncho. Regardless of what she told her earlier, Cadence had yet to earn her full respect. All she did was prove herself useful enough not to immediately blow off whenever they met. As far as Janice was concerned, Cadence was a major botch job away from being "right behind me when I last saw her." Still, Janice felt she at least owed Cadence the facade of a trustworthy partner until she had a good reason not to. She gave her a sort of conspiratorial smile, as if she were in on the "joke" Janice would undoubtedly play on her one day.

Janice turned back to Viper and saluted. "We'll make you proud, sir."

(Ooc: You have two Vigoroths, Seth. Six Pokeballs went on the table. I took two, Phobe took a Poliwrath, you took two, someone else took the other two Vigoroths, I think.)

On the way to the battlefield, Phobe noticed that Bane and Seth's Zubat had a race. Bane won, so that was a sign the Zubat was slower then Bane. That did not happen very often. All of the Pokemon that Bane had gone up against were faster then him, so it was nice to go first for once. And to her advantage. Phobe chuckled somewhat evilly in her mind. But Seth is nice. I'll battle fair. Well, as fair as you can get with a Rocket!

Seth, Phobe, Bane, and Seth's Zubat made it to the Battlefield. It was a little dark, but not much. As Phobe looked down at the Ultra Ball, she noticed her shirt was wet. Darn it! Phobe thought. I didn't notice that! Dry, drydrydrydry you stupid shirt!! On the surface, it appeared that Phobe made no notice of the wet shirt, so she just threw the Ultra Ball and it landed near the center of the field. A Vigoroth came out of the red beam of light. It roared and leaped around, eager for a battle. Bane followed next to it. The white ape was more than twice the size of Bane, so it had to be fairly old. Unsure of the Vigoroth's ability in battle, she went by an old STAB standby.

"You! Vigoroth!" Phobe yelled, getting the Vigoroth's attention. "Use Slash on the other Vigoroth!"

The Vigoroth nodded. It seemed as if it had had some battle experience before.

Okay. I don't know how tough Seth's Zubat is, so I'm going for super-effective. Phobe thought, determining the next course of action.

"Bane, be a good boy and use Rock Slide on the Zubat. Put more effort into it, of course. We want to impress our new partner." Phobe commanded, smiling playfully at both Bane and Seth.

"LARVITAAAAR!" Bane called enthusiastically, pumping a little fist in the air. (or: YEAH!! Let's BATTLE!)

Phobe thought back to previous battles, waiting for Seth to command his Pokemon. Okay, they're set. Bane is at least Level 28 because he can use Dark Pulse. He might evolve after this battle, but I don't know what Seth will do, so how will I be able to use his newfound power after evolution?

Seth turned to his Vigoroth. "Vigoroth, Slash!" He said, as the two Vigoroth had some sort of duel. They were obviously the same age, and same level. They were both very strong, so they were Slashing at each other for a bit. Seth wondered if this Vigoroth would evolve soon. He turned to his Zubat then.

He suddenly thought about his Zubat. It was level 21, one level away from evolution. Would he maybe evolve soon? He thought about it. A Golbat...It would be so awesome! I wonder if I can somehow capture an Oddish for myself...then I could get a Bellossom! Yes... He thought to himself. He would LOVE a Bellossom. But then he realized the situation he was in.

"Zubat! Dodge, to a Confuse Ray!" He said, as his Zubat rapidly dodged the boulders. It seemed as if his Zubat was only teasing the Larvitar, which seemed right. His Zubat was fast, and a little bit of a tease. Seth sighed. His Zubat sooned dodged all of the boulders, and then proceeded to send out a ray of confusion, heading straight for the Larvitar. Zubat quickly flew high in the air, to avoid Larvitar's next attack. Seth, watching his Zubat battle, was very proud of his little friend. He made a delightful smile.

The little circles of light of the Confuse Ray hit Bane. Bane started walking about aimlessly, and started banging his horn against trees. Phobe was insanely annoyed. She hated Annoyers.

"Grr! Great! I have a Confuse Ray-ed Larvitar on my hands!" Phobe exclaimed, throwing up her hands. "Well, this can't hurt too much then. Bane, use Thrash on the Vigoroth. Vigoroth, use Slash on the Zubat, just not yet!"

Bane started attacking. Not on the enemy Vigoroth or himself,(Phobe thought he would attack himself, but not do a lot of damage due to the Rock type) but his ally! Bane kicked and scratched and bit until he was exhausted. But the Vigoroth was strong. It took damage, but not much.

"No! Bane! Snap out of it! It's only confusion!" Phobe snapped, hoping to surprise or shock the Larvitar out of confusion.

"Tar larvi..." Bane said, obviously dizzy. (or: I can't help it, I feel too dizzy...)

Bane was hopeless until he snapped out of it himself. Phobe turned to Vigoroth.

"Vigoroth, Slash, Zubat, NOW!" Phobe commanded.

As they attacked, Phobe looked at Seth. He was smiling. Phobe yelled,

"Wipe that smirk off your face, pretty boy, 'cause I'll be the one winning this battle. Raw power plus OU potential plus experienced Vigoroth equals win. Deal with it." She said it with a touch of amusement of his tactics, but in the end, if you have a Pokemon with a higher level and type advantage, you had a win in the making.

Seth rolled his eyes at her reply to him smiling. As her Vigoroth was about to hit his Zubat, he smiled again. "You're forgetting something..." He said, and as her Vigoroth nearly hit his Zubat, Seth's Vigoroth Slashed hers away. Seth smiled again. He specifically told his Vigoroths, before he fell asleep, to always protect his Zubat. It worked.

Vigoroth took Bane's Thrashing, as it didn't really feel much. "Vigoroth, Slash it away." He said, as his Vigoroth went to hit her Bane. Zubat flew up higher, this time, Confuse Raying both her Bane, and her Vigoroth. He let out the gigantic Ray.

"Y'know, type advantage, and higher levels don't always affect. There's also speed, accuracy, stamina, etc. Don't get over yourself." He said. "Also, did you take the fact the I also have two high level Vigoroth?" He said, rolling his eyes once more. Zubat flew around, making sure to stay high, and he was very high indeed.

His Vigoroth continued to attack her Vigoroth.

"Silly boy. You forgot that I have two Vigoroths, too. GOOO VIGOROTH!!" Phobe yelled as she sent out her second Vigoroth into the fray, while throwing the Great Ball. But instead of a white ape, a large brown gorilla was sent out instead. It laid on the ground, picking it's rather runny nose.

"What the (insert swear word here)?!?! I was supposed to get a Vigoroth, not a lazy Slaking!" Phobe exclaimed. "Viper, hopefully you knew what you were doing when you put out the Pokeballs!" she finished for the secret cameras.

The Slaking looked a little sick, something the healing machines couldn't fix. She needed a Nurse Joy to do that. At least Slaking was powerful, but Truant cut down it's potential. Phobe was going to have to swipe a Victrebell to Gastro Acid it if she ever wanted to use it.

Phobe thought about a new strategy while her other Pokemon were getting wooped.

"Slaking!" That got it's attention for about two seconds. "Slaking!" Phobe went up a slapped it, breaking it out of it's daydream. Phobe didn't like abusing Pokemon, but it had to be done. "Slaking! Use Yawn on the enemy Vigoroths!"

Slaking stood up to it's full height, yawned, and a massive bubble blew over to the Vigoroths, popping in their faces. Next turn, they would be in dreamland.

"TAR!" Bane cried. (or:Yay! Not dizzy anymore!)

Unfortunately, the Vigoroth was not un-confused.

Fortuneatly, two Pokemon were in the game. Good.

Seth rolled his eyes. He returned his Vigoroth. He sighed. "Please. I don't need Vigoroth to win this. Zubat and I can do this just fine..." He said, quickly devising a plan. His Zubat actually could win this. He suddenly made a very large smile. His Zubat flew high in the air, above her three pokemon. Seth soon cried out: "ZUBAT, SUPERSONIC!"

His aimed straight down at all of the pokemon, and let out a strong sound, to which Seth covered his ears. Now, her Vigoroth was more confused then ever, and Bane was loopy again.

This was the reason Seth loved Zubat. Supersonic was so useful. Then, out of nowhere, her Slaking made a massive Earthquake, out of confusion. That's when Seth was really happy.

OoC: MODS: This is Secad's post, but her comp. won't post, so she mailed it to me.

Her post:

[qoute]"Dang it! Vigoroth, return! Bane, brace yourself!" Phobe yelled while returning the Vigoroth, trying to stay upright while the field shook.

"Bane! Come here now!" Phobe yelled while the Earthquake made by the Slaking roared. Bane did not come, but walked about aimlessly instead, appearing to be singing weird little nursery rhymes in his own language.

"Larvi-larvi-laaarvi. Tar-tar-tar-ta-taaarri." Bane sung, while being bounced around by the shaking ground.

"No! Bane! Come here NOW!" Phobe yelled.

CRACK! A huge chunk of ground collapsed near Bane, forming a pothole. Bane was dangerously close to tipping into the deep cravice.

"BANE! No! Turn around! Turn around!" Phobe yelled waving her arms along the sidelines of the field as the Earthquake continued. This is stupid, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Phobe thought.

Phobe ran and jumped near the pothole, on Bane, knocking Bane over onto his back. He rolled away, nearly unconscious.

"Bane!" Phobe shook him. Bane's eyelids fluttered. Hec was somewhat conscious, though not much. Phobe pulled the Oran Berry that Phobe had put in his hold item pouch.

"Here. Eat this. Quickly!" Phobe said while forcing it in the Larvitar's mouth. Bane ate up, looking much better, but the berry only added 10 HP to his HP, so he'd better be careful.

"Slaking! Stop Earthquake! NOW!!!!!!!!" Phobe yelled over the racket. "Come over here. I have a new plan." Phobe whispered, only loud enough for Bane and Slaking to hear. (Ooc: So Seth and Zubat only seee the three huddling.)

"Okay guys, here's the plan. Slaking, while Truant acts, lay over Bane." Slaking made a face. "No! Not like that!" Phobe whispered back fiercely. "Protect Bane at all costs. I know you're sick, but you can do it. Bane, after Truant stops, attack Zubat with Bite as the same time as Slaking uses Faint Attack. While Zubat is distracted, Bane shall attack Zubat with Rock Slide."

"Larvitaar..."Bane sung, still confused, but he got the plan.

"Okay little buddy. That's good. We'll win this battle." Phobe reassured Bane while rubbing his little head.

"Slaking." (Got it.) Slaking responded.

"Break!" Phobe said. Then Bane and Slaking assumed their posistions.

"Okay Seth. We're ready for you. Your turn." Phobe said with a knowing glint in her eye.

(Ooc: Seth does not know about the plan! I only typed it for the reader's benefit.) [/quote]

OoC: Here is my reply.

BiC: Seth rolled his eyes. He wasn't going to say that he should've won the battle, as she wasn't allowed to run on the course, but he didn't. He got ready. "Zubat, fly high in the air, and just stay there." He said, as his Zubat was very high up in the air, above the course. Seth stared at Phobe, a small grin on his face. He made a small laugh.

He remembered his Zubat fighting against the Viper's Beedrill, which Seth learned that the air was Zubat's best friend. His Zubat could make many available moves. "Zubat, Leech Life!" He said, and his Zubat shot out multiple stingers, which spored against Phobe's pokemon. He made sure that his Zubat was still in the air.

His Zubat itself was pretty ecstatic, as it glided high in the air. He himself knew how much Seth cared about him, so he came to trust Seth's every command, even if it involved the risk of Zubat's, - or Seth's, for that matter- life. So, Zubat was okay with it.

(Ooc: I'm not on my own computer right now. I'm getting it fixed. I'm on a public computer. I love them now. lol.)

"Yes. All according to plan." Phobe mumbled to herself. "Bane! Use Sandstorm!" Phobe commanded.

"Tar-i-larv!" Bane responded, muffled under the Slaking. He was safe, mostly, from most attacks.

The bits of dirt and sand blew up around the field, obscuring view, and would chip off HP from Slaking and Zubat, but having a Rock/Ground typage kept Bane safe. Slaking could handle it. But Slaking was just lounging around, Truant doing it's duty.

"Hey, Zubat! You can't hide from Sandstorm!" Phobe yelled mockingly at Seth's Zubat. But quietly, to both of her Pokemon, she told them "Okay guys, the plan goes next turn. Hit the Zubat where it hurts most. He is male, I assume."

Slaking grunted. Hopefully that was an affirmation. Bane squeaked, an unusual sound from a tough little guy like him. It must have been Leech Life attacking. Slaking made no notice, being at least ten levels higher then the Zubat.

OoC: Your pokemon couldn't physically hurt him, he is very high in the air...DON'T THINK OF THAT! Zubat here want's children...NO.

Zubat chuckled at her attempt to try and hurt his Zubat. He was getting hurt a little, but Seth had a plan. "Zubat, fly over her pokemon, proceeding to Haze!" His Zubat let out a very dark Haze, which clearly, only Zubat could see through. Seth knew this. "Zubat, Poisin Fang! Multiple amounts!"

Seth was very happy that Zubat learned that move. He taught it that move not to long ago, when he was training after fighting the Viper's Beedrill. Zubat learned that move after the match, and Seth was very happy for such. His Zubat's fang's grew elongated, and glowing purple. His Zubat bombed into the Haze, proceeding to attack the two pokemon various amounts of time. The Sandstorm wasn't doing much, but Zubat came out for a second, and Seth threw an Oran Berry to it, in which it gained life.

(Ooc: Hee, hee, Slaking can. No children for Zubat!)

Slaking snapped to attention, Truant having done it's job. He got up, and Bane followed.

"Now, boys! Do what I told you, but throw Bane in air at Zubat!" Phobe commanded.

A loud grunt was an affirmation of what Phobe said.

"SLAAAKING!" the Slaking yelled as it threw Bane blindly in the air. Bane opened his mouth, and prepared to use Bite. Bane's teeth grew to a much larger size, and Bit the Zubat right where it hurts.

On the ground, it appeared the Slaking was just lounging around, coughing a bit and picking it's runny nose. Then he suddenly jumped high in the air (blindly) with his astounding strength, and punched Zubat with Faint Attack in the exact same spot where Bane Bit. Slaking then landed gracefully on his feet, a rather large feat for someone with rather large feet. (Ooc: Lol, I rhymed. :) )

But in the air, there was an issue. While Bane was Biting, he didn't know how high up he was, panicked, and climbed on the Zubat, clinging on his back, unwilling to fall.

What will happen now?