• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rockin' With Team Rocket!

ooc: Hi everyone! I've always wanted to try Pokemon RPing! It always looks so fun and everyone on this board has done a really good job :) I've had some experience with creative writing before! So let's see how it goes :) (Also, this isn't intended to be a Light Hearted Team Rocket as we all know and love with Jessie and James! But humor would be nice here and there :p ) Also, this Team Rocket HQ is in Kanto.

The white tiled floor of the laboratory gleamed brilliantly from the bright glare of the ceiling lights, the atmosphere alive with scientific chatter, and footsteps. Strange mechanical gizmos emitted soft glows, and whirred continuously. However, with all the brightness of the lab, there was darkness. In the centre of the room, several cages were arranged. Each holding a Pokemon captive. 6 in all.

"Alright you lousy excuses for field agents!" boomed a voice "Line up!". Led by a man wielding a purple mohawk, 6 young, brand new Team Rocket agents followed in single file. 2nd from the back of the line, a young woman with blonde hair, and wide brown eyes. She looked around the lab in amazement, obviously amused by the amount of shiny things in there.

"CAAAAAAAAAADEEEEENCE!!!!" boomed the voice again. "Ye...Yes Drill Seargent Viper?" she replied quietly, shaking as if the voice was like an earthquake. "Quit 'yer grinning!" he yelled again. "Yes Sir, I'm sorry sir!" she responded, saluting her superior.

"Now, listen up all of you. You know what we do here at Team Rocket, our mission is to capture as many Pokemon as possible, by ANY means neccasary. Do you all know what 'by any means neccasary' means?" asked Viper.

"Sir, Yes sir!" all the new agents saluted, and answered Viper in unison.

"Good, now. You will each need a partner for when you are sent out on your first mission. As you can all see, there are 6 Pokemon here, and 6 of you. Cadence, step forward."

Cadence stepped out her right foot, clad in long thigh length black boots, a white miniskirt, a white shirt emblazened with an R, and black gloves covered her hands. Her blonde hair tied in a high ponytail with the left side of her face obscured by her hair.

"Sir!" she stood up before Viper, with her arms behind her back.

"Take your pick of the Pokemon here, but choose carefully!" advised Viper.

"Thank you sir." Cadence stepped towards the 6 cages, looking over the Pokemon inside them.

In the first cage, a small puppy-like Pokemon seemed to be napping. It seemed to be wearing half a skull on it's head, and had bones across it's spine. Hoooundooooour! it screeched, seeing Cadence at the cage, who recoiled slightly in shock at the Pokemon's reaction.
"Houndour..." she thought to herself "A fire type Pokemon would be awesome! And plus it's so adorable! Apart from when it screeches..."

She moved along to the next cage. A spherical Pokemon was hovering, upon closer inspection she noticed it had small craters across it's small body. The expression on it's face was somewhat...goofy, a gormless smile plastered on it's face. Underneath it's mouth was a skull and crossbones, or a Toxic symbol. The Pokemon looked at Cadence, and hovered near the bars of it's confines. Koffiiiiiiiing! it breathed, Cadence recoiled slightly again, as the Pokemon let out a small cloud of smoke.

"Koffing, a poison Pokemon...It looks rather clueless, but I read that Koffing can be very strong despite their small size. Also, being able to Poison my enemies might be a useful addition! But that smoke...peeeyoooou!" Cadence smiled at the Koffing, and then moved along to the next cage.

In the next cage held a small bird Pokemon, black in color, it appeared to be wearing a hat. Cadence moved closer to the cage. The bird turned to face her, and she was met with a bright yellow beak. Muuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrkrow! it cried loudly, looking at it's potential trainer.

"Wow, I've never seen a Murkrow this close before! It's so adorable, but also it would be fantastic for surveillance! Being able to have a Pokemon that can fly is a huge advantage!

Moving along to the next cages, Cadence noticed that they weren't cages, but clear glass boxes. Inside them were shadows, when she moved closer, she noticed there was a Gastly and a Misdreavous, both Ghost type Pokemon.

"Well, I've always wanted a ghost type Pokemon! They're so full of energy, but also so mysterious! Misdreavous is absolutely darling, but Gastly evolves into a Gengar eventually, and Gengar is such a sweetie too! "

She moved along to the final cage, inside it was a small Pokemon with a long tail, she moved closer, she admired it's red tail, and the small bell on top of it's head. Chiiiii~~~me! it softly said, it's small, but bright yellow eyes gazed at Cadence, as she gazed back at the tiny Pokemon.

"A Chimecho, it's so sweet! I love the way it's looking at me! Such a difficult choice! Although I'll have to decide pretty fast!"

Cadence stepped back from the cages, looking at them all. Drill Seargent Viper looked at his watch, and shook his head.

"Ok! I'll take...that Pokemon!" announced Cadence, pointing her gloved finger at the cage containing the Koffing.

"Ah, a fine choice" noted Viper, who reached for the desk which had 6 Pokeballs resting on it. He took one, and handed it to Cadence.

Cadence took the Pokeball from Viper, and thanked him. She pointed the ball at her new Koffing, as a small red beam shot at the purple floating Pokemon, materialized, and entered the Pokeball. She looked at the Pokeball in her hand, and smiled.

"Now!" barked Viper, "Report to the training field for Battle Excercises 102!"

"Yes sir!" Cadence saluted, clutching the Pokeball tightly, spun on her heel, and walked out of the room towards the elevator.

Janice was next. She was slightly taller than Cadence, and a little thinner. She had short, black hair cut abruptly at chin-length, except for a pair of forelocks that reached down to her chest, and silver eyes. Eschewing the normal Team Rocket uniform, she wore a black, thigh-length parka with a red "R" on it over a black unitard with short sleeves and legs, but she also wore the typical black elbow-length gloves and knee-high boots, as well at the usual black newsie hat, which she wore slightly tilted to shade her left eye.

When Janice was called forward, she knew exactly what Pokemon she wanted. She didn't have to take her time examining each choice like Cadence did. She just pointed to the Murkrow and said, "That one."

Viper nodded and handed her it's PokeBall. She recalled it into the PokeBall and stowed it under her parka. Viper then gave her the same instructions he gave to Cadence. Janice quickly saluted and marched out of the room.

As she walked down the hall, she opened the PokeBall and let the Murkrow out. She lifted an arm and it landed on her wrist. Janice smiled at it evily. She loved birds, especially scary-looking ones.

"You evolve in Honchkrow, right?" she asked rhetorically, not expecting an answer especially since she already knew it. "Now that's an impressive Pokemon. I'm going to call you 'Big Daddy' from now on. You like?"

"Murkrow!" Big Daddy declared, spreading its wings.

"Good," Janice replied. "Because that's your name whether you like it or not."

Janice found Cadence waiting by the elevator. Since it was either this or the stairs, she stood next to her with the blond on the side opposit her Murkrow and gave her a sidelong glance. Janice didn't particularly like Cadence, but didn't hate her enough to let it show. She felt Cadence was a total airhead and not worth her attention as long as she was ahead of her in some way. Janice was confident she was superior to Cadence in all relevant matters, and as long as that was true no one had to die.

OoC: I have a question before I decide to start the board or not: Are we turning our charrie's into Rockets, or...what?

OoC: You can if you like :3 I started fresh because this was my first time (how did I do anyway? ???)

ninja edit: oh, and if you don't like the choice of Pokemon, you can choose others :3 I just gave a list of 6 that I've noticed Team Rocket people use in the games/anime.

OoC: Cool! I think I am gonna mix Seth around a tense. And I am not an Admin, but I think you are doing fine.

BiC: Seth marched out of his Rocket Room, a Zubat in his hands.

Seth was in another on of the rooms which the Rocket newbies started out, and he recently obtained his Zubat. He looked at the PokeBall, wondering what this Zubat was capable of.

He knew immediatly that he wanted a Crobat: And if he got one, he could be pushed up a rank higher. He was very happy about this. He took his Zubat out of its cage-like Pokeball, and looked at it.

"Well...you seem like you would know what to do..." He said, and immediatly taught his Zubat to come to his arm. He smiled, and he gestured it to his arm once more. He knew he was going to love his new Pokemon, and he gave it a berry he found on the way here. It loved it.

"Ok Zubat, let's go outside to train!" He said, as they strolled outside.

Many Rockets were battling, and his Zubat looked competitive, and ready to win. So, he challenged another grunt.

Ooc: This is a one-shot character, not a retooled Alex or Silas. And her name is pronounced like 'Foe-bee'.
BIC:

The next Rocket Recruit was a girl with obviously dyed wavy black hair down to her elbows, with dark brown eyes, and heavily tanned skin. Her name was Phobe. Phobe was looking around, amazed at the scientific complexity of the lab. Phobe was wearing the usual white Female Rocket Member uniform, obviously not happy about it. She was shivering in her short white mini-skirt, because she was not used to wearing anything other then pants. She felt exposed wearing the black crop top and short white Rocket jacket over it. The only thing in the uniform she felt comfortable in was the gloves.The sacrifices you make for joining Team Rocket Phobe thought. But I shouldn't ask about wearing pants. Who knows what the commanders will do? Will I ever get above Grunt? Will I ever be able to wear pants? Will I-

"PHOBE!" Phobe's thoughts were interrupted by the man with the purple mohawk. "Pick your stupid Pokemon and get to the training yard straight away!"

"Yes, SIR!" Phobe saluted.

Phobe stared at the cages. Ooh, Houndour. Phobe thought. Houndoom is very intimidating, but too many weaknesses. Phobe walked to the next cage. Mismagius...definte no. Not very powerful Getting frustrated with the other choices of Gastly and Chimecho, (Psychic weakness, BAD, Phobe thought, And so are the dark and bug weaknesses) Phobe yelled,

"What does it take to get a GOOD Pokemon here?!?! How 'bout a good Pokemon pre-evolution, like Larvitar?!!?"

The man with the mohawk actually smiled. "Good. We have a spunky one here. One who's not afraid to speak her mind and get punished for it."

The man with the mohawk motioned to a lab tech there, and whispered, "Get this one a Larvitar...after she gets disciplined, of course."

Phobe heard what he said, but before she could move, she was whacked across the face with a clipboard. Phobe yelped, and fell down, willing herself to keep a straight face. Silently, she checked herself over. No teeth missing. Good.

The man with the mohawk handed her her PokeBall. "Amazing. She didn't cry. You have potential, Grunt. Now go to the training yard and practice. Leave! NOW!"

"Yes SIR!" Phobe saluted. Phobe marched to the training yard. When she got there, she released her new Pokemon. It was a Larvitar!

"What a nice surprise. They actually took my request seriously." Phobe mumbled to herself. "What shall I call you? How about Bane? 'cause you'll be the bane of Kanto for sure!"

Bane just stared at her.

Phobe looked up from Bane. She pointed to a random Grunt. "You. Me. Battle. Please?"

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
OOC- Question. I'm interested in joining, but do I have to be a Rocket member? Could I use one of my other characters as they are, and just follow your plot as it comes?

OOC- Question. I'm interested in joining, but do I have to be a Rocket member? Could I use one of my other characters as they are, and just follow your plot as it comes?

--------------------------------------------------

That's fine by me :)

OoC: Thanks for replying you guys! I'm having a great time writing these stories ^-^

The numbers of the elevator kept lighting up, and then changing. 13, to 12, to 11, all the way down to the G for Ground floor. Upon reaching the ground floor, the elevator suddenly lurched, landing Cadence on her backside. Slightly embarassed, she looked around as the doors opened. "Phew, nobody saw!" she thought, until a man in a white lab coat passed by. Like a flash, she jumped up, and dusted herself off, and pasted a big smile back across her face.

"Urrrm, y...y-ou might w-want to take care in that ele-elevator Miss, it's r-rather unrel-reliable" he stammered, his eyes obscured by thick glasses.

"Maaaan! I can't believe he saw me....Well maybe he didn't, I mean his glasses are huge. Although with glasses that thick...how could he have missed me? Oy, bad start!" ran through Cadence's mind. She smiled at the man, and offered her hand, which he took. "My name is Cadence! It's nice to meet you. It's not the first time that elevator dropped me! Hehe but I don't mind" she beamed at him.

"W-Welcome to T-T-Team Rocket Cadence, Might you be head-heading to the tra-training yard?" he enquired.

"I sure am! I just got my first Pokemon from the lab up on the 21st floor, and I'm super psyched to take it into action!" she replied, brandishing her Pokeball and pushing it into the scientist's face.

"T--that's g-great! I wis-wish you luck in your f-first battle" the scientist smiled, patting the young agent on the shoulder in approval.

As the man turned to leave, Cadence brushed his arm. "May I ask your name?". "Oh...oh m-my name is M-Matt, Doctor Matt."

Back on her way, she headed towards the open door where the sunlight was shining in. She approached the sunlight, closing her eyes, until...

A loud thud, and back down to the floor Cadence went. For the second time in less than ten minutes, she looked up at her obstacle. A tall man in a black Team Rocket jumpsuit, with short brown hair and a pierced ear.

"AHAHAHAHA Look at this one, can't even stay standing up!" he roared with laughter "Are you the new Agent, ID number 16302?"

"Um Yes, that's me." Cadence rose to her feet, and dusted herself off, and looking up at the man.

"I'm Captain Rush, the battle trainer." As he spoke, the sunlight caught his earring, which sparkled. "Stand in the trainer's box over there. Our battle will be one on one, with no time limit."

"Well at least he doesn't waste any time" Cadence thought to herself "Ok". She hustled towards the box which was painted on the hard concrete ground. Unclipping her Pokeball from her belt, she assumed her battle stance, and waited for Rush to begin.

"Let's get this underway, Go, Tentacruel!" yelled Rush from the other side of the battlefield, he brandished a Pokeball with an R on it, and tossed it out into the field. Before it hit the ground, the Pokeball opened and out came a bright light, which formed into the large jellyfish Pokemon: Tentacruel.

"Tenta-C~ruel!" the Pokemon mumbled, staring at Cadence, and waving around it's tentacles.

"Wow, I've never seen a Tentacruel up close like this! It looks rather tough though! I have my work cut out for me." pondered Cadence, taking her Pokeball, and spun it into the battlefield.

"Koffing let's go!" she cried, as the pokeball landed on the battlefield, and let out the same light as Rush's did, and Koffing flew up into the air, hovering a few feet above ground with the same gleeful expression it had earlier.

"Tentacruel, hit that Koffing with your Water Gun attack!" yelled Rush, pointing his finger at Koffing.

The Tentacruel took aim at Koffing, and fired a well aimed water gun at it. Koffing took the hit at full blast, it's facial expression not changing, however it began to look slightly more focused.

"Koffing, fight back with your Smog attack!" Cadence ordered Koffing, which flew to mid-field, and released a putrid black black smoke, which filled the whole field, and engulfing Tentacruel.

-To be continued!-

OoC: Captain Rush has 6 battling Pokemon for practice, these being Tentacruel, Cubone, Sandslash, Muk, Seviper and a Beedrill.

After a colse defeat, Seth walked out of the arena, mad. Not mad at his Zubat, mad at himself. He battled poorly, as he was a tense over confident. He looked at his hurt Zubat, who was flying by him. "I'm sorry Zubat...Here." He fed the Zubat with the last berry he had found. It flew in joy.

He went to the elevator, and headed down the elevator, and he dropped to his back as well. "God!" He said, and got up, his Zubat helping him. He turned to the man with big glasses. "Um...is this where I can find the training yard?" He said. The man said, as he held up his glasses. "Y-yes...I-i-it's over there..." He said.

Seth quickly replied. "Thank you! Have a great day..." He said. "Yes yes, you as well, sonny! N-now continue on!" The scientist said. Seth walked into the yard.

He noticed a battle going on, a Koffing, versus a tough Tentecruel. He was going for the girl, and her Koffing. His Zubat was looking at the situation. Seth yelled out, "Good Luck, ...um...Girl-person!" He said to her, watching the battle, waiting for his turn.

"Tentacruel! Use Poison Sting!" bellowed Rush, directing his Tentacruel with his finger pointed at Koffing again. Tentacruel lifted it's serrated 'claw', and began firing stingers towards Koffing, who bore the brunt of them. It was then that Koffing's expression changed, from happy and smiling, to angry and focused.

"Koffing! Hang in there! Fight back with your Sludge attack!" beckoned Cadence. At this point she noticed another fellow agent shouting to her. She acknowledged him briefly with a smile, and then turned her attention back to the battle.

Koffing drew in air, and then began firing a dirty brown goo at the Tentacruel, hitting it dead on in the eyes. Tentacruel clenched it's eyes shut in pain, the poison from sludge appeared to be taking effect!

"Tentacruel, use Water Gun again! Shut down that floating gas bag!" barked Rush. Tentacruel attempted to open it's eyes, but couldn't. It's Water Gun attack was badly aimed, and missed Koffing by a few feet. Cadence clenched her fist, and then pointed at Tentacruel.

"Go Koffing! Use your Tackle attack!" she ordered. Koffing began moving at a very fast pace towards Tentacruel, as it got close it closed it's eyes, bracing itself as it delivered a full on Tackle. Tentacruel fell to the hard concrete floor, secreting a pool of ink as it feel. It's eyes rolled back in it's head.

"Unbelievable!!! Beaten by a puny twerp. Hmph!" Rush laughed, quite impressed with the girl's battle skills. "Ok, since you defeated me, report to the 19th floor at 1900 hours for a briefing with Drill Seargent Viper. He'll issue you with your first order as a member of Team Rocket!. Tentacruel, return now" he pointed his pokeball at his fallen Tentacruel, a red beam hit Tentacruel, and it materialised, back into the Pokeball.

"Good job Koffing, take a good rest" Cadence smiled at her partner. Koffing was pretty beaten up, but it had regained it's goofy smile. She aimed her Pokeball at Koffing in the same way as Rush did to his Tentacruel, the beam from the Pokeball hit Koffing, and it was then safely inside.

Cadence merrily skipped from the battlefield, passing the boy who shouted to her during the battle, and flashing him another smile. She entered the Team Rocket HQ, and made her way towards the Agents quarters.

"Alright, who's next?!" shouted Captain Rush.

OoC: FYI, the Agent's Quarters basically = dorm rooms/where agents sleep and have their own possessions.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
OOC- Now, which character to use... I'm gonna use a character from a different forum, he's probably a bit stronger than everyone else, but he has three pokemon.

BIC-

Leon leaned back, basking in the sun. It was rare for him to be able to relax, but for once he had no plans. Nothing was threatening the world at the moment, and he had already cleared out the nearest gyms. He sipped his coke, twirling the ice with his straw for a moment, smiling to himself. How nice it was. Just to be able to sit back and do nothing. He could tell his pokemon were happy about it too. Curled up at his feet was his Raichu, who he had named Shinespark. She had her eyes closed, and was resting in the shade of the chair Leon was currently occupying. Shinespark had been with Leon from the beginning, his first pokemon and also his closest. Together, they had faced all sorts of dangers and somehow managed to come out smiling.

Sat in a chair of his own was Leon's Lucario, with his own glass of coke, but his had no ice, nor a straw. Lucario was Leon's pokemon counterpart, Leon thought. They were nearly exactly the same in personality, despite Lucario's dislike of ice in his drinks. He was almost human, Leon mused. Lucario took a sip of his drink, humming under his breath a tune Leon didn't recognise. Leon smirked, and glanced to the side as his third pokemon. Spoink was bouncing up and down lazily, from side to side. He was the hyperactive one in the group. Aside from right now, he was almost always jumping around and causing trouble. Even though he was a handful, Leon was fond of Spoink. Somehow, he always managed to make Leon smile, even though he spent a lot of his time causing chaos. Leon chuckled to himself, not used to seeing Spoink so calm.

Leon took another swig of his drink. Lucario muttered his name, glancing at Spoink.
"I know what you mean," Leon said, grinning. "He's not usually this quiet, is he?" Lucario nodded in agreement, then took another mouthful of his drink. Suddenly, Leon's pokegear buzzed, playing Cute Is What We Aim For loudly. Leon blushed and snatched up his pokegear and answered the call.

"Hello? Oh, hey Alexxia. ... Oh, right. ... In Kanto? ... So who's this from? ... Oh right, it would be Max... Right, I'll keep an eye out. See ya," he said before hanging up. "That was Alexxia." Lucario rolled his eyes. He had just heard that part. "She says Max says there's been signs of some unusual activity in Kanto. People wearing black clothes causing a bit of trouble. Just gotta keep an eye out for it."

Lucario nodded and returned to his drink, humming the tune to Leon's ringtone. Leon smirked. Spoink hopped over, on to Leon's lap and sat there, closing his eyes.
"Sun wear you out buddy?" Leon said, laughing. He took another sip of his drink, returning to his thoughts.

OOC- Anything wrong, let me know and I'll change it.

Seth blushed at the smile, but then came to senses.

"That, would be me."

He said, Rush certainly replied, "You? The little pipsqueak? PAH! You will defiently lose this match. BEEDRILL!" He said, swung his dark pokeball, and out, the stinging pokemon came.

"Oh, you just wait." He learned from his match. He landed on the spot. Zubat got ready. Seth looked around at his surronding area. "Hmmm... simple." Zubat got in a position, as the first move was made. "...Zubat, Quick Attack!"

His Zubat dashed at the Beedrill. "Beedrill! Poison Sting!" He said, but it was too late. Zubat made its mark, and Beedrill was hit, but as it got up, it immediatly, -and rapidly,- preceeded to swing. Zubat dodged almost them all, except for one, which hit his wing.

"Zubat! Supersonic!" Seth covered his ears, and Zubat made its screeching sound. "DEAR LORD!" Rush was covering his ears as well. The Beedrill, angry at the nice, starting going berserk. It his nearby trees, and weakened itself. This was Zubats chance.

"Alright Zubat, finish this! Quick Attack!" This almost hit the Beedrill, but in confusion, it hit the Zubat with it's stingers. Zubat fell to the ground. "ZUBAT! GET UP!" Zubat slowly got up, and though it looked like it would collapse, it hung on, and hit the Beedrill right in the head with Quick Attack.

"Aaaaaaaaaaah!!! No! Two losses in a row! That's gonna get me fired!!!" He returned his fainted Beedrill, and Seth hugged his Zubat. "Great job Zubat! You did fine. Take a rest." He said, and materialized his Zubat. He turned to Rush.

"Ok...you can go to Drill Sargeant Vipor..." Rush said in a sad voice, and Seth, whistling a merry tune, continued on, to Rush, making his way to the 21st floor.

OoC: I'm so happy people are replying :)

Upon reaching her room, Cadence found an envelope pinned to her door. She took out her key, unlocking the door, pulling the envelope from the pin as she entered, closing the door behind her. She set Koffing's Pokeball on the small desk, and sat down at the chair. Pulling out a piece of paper from the envelope, she read the note aloud to herself:-

Cadence.
Congratulations on passing your battle exam, I was watching on the security cameras from my office.
You showed a great deal of promise in battle.
However, one of our values at Team Rocket is to instill fear in our enemies.
And the way you are, just isn't the kind of attitude. However, I feel it would be rather unfair
to not allow you to venture out as a Team Rocket agent. So I have assigned you a partner.
After your meeting with me tonight, you will journey to Viridian City's Pokemon gym to meet them.
This isn't an insult to you, in any way, shape or form. You just need to learn a few things about
Team Rocket's way of doing things. As I said, I have no doubt in your ability.

Signed D.S Viper. R

Cadence sighed, placing the note down on the desk by the pokeball. "Change my attitude? What can he mean by that? I can be dangerous! I'm not a total klutz. Maybe I'll be able to change his mind tonight!" she thought to herself. But first, a nap! The battle had tired Cadence out, as well as Koffing too. She released Koffing from it's Pokeball, and it popped out with it's same gleeful expression.

"Koffing!". Cadence smiled at her partner, and took a pillow from her bed, and placed it on the floor. "Go on Koffing, take a nice rest. We have plenty of time before our meeting!". Koffing nodded to it's trainer, and nestled itself on the pillow. Closing it's eyes, it instantly fell asleep. It's mouth still held the grin as it slept.

"Such a peaceful Pokemon" said Cadence, aloud. She then turned her attention to her closet. She opened the door, and set her eyes upon the perfect outfit. "This might make Viper change his mind! I can show I'm tough!" she punched her hand as she said it, and then held her hand in slight pain.

A few hours passed, Cadence emerged from the small bathroom, wearing her pajamas, and a towel around her hair. She looked at the clock. 1500...or 3pm. "Plenty of ti---yawn---time for a nap" yawned Cadence, sitting down on the bed. She glanced at Koffing who was still sleeping peacefully. And then lay down. She glanced at the clock again, and then her eyes slowly closed.

Later that day, 7:16pm. The 19th floor. Viper was impatiently awaiting his first student to attend their briefing. "16 minutes late...Damn!" he cursed, almost silently.

Suddenly, the door swung open, in walked a pair of heavy black boots, embedded with silver studs in the form of Rs on the side. The boots covered up to the figure's knees, however then a pair of baggy black shorts, to which were attatched numberous straps, which hung down to their knees. A black belt, with silver studs was wrapped around their waist. Attatched to it was a Pokeball. Travelling up, a black tank top, emblazened with a red R was tightly fitting around the figure's torso. The figure removed the hood from their cloak, revealing a display of crimson hair, which wasn't tied back. The figure, was barely recognised by Viper, until he took a step forward.

"Ca...Cadence is that you?!" he barked. "What do you think you're doing! You're late!"

Cadence tossed her hair over her shoulder, smirking with her eyes closed. "I know" she opened her eyes as she spoke. Viper stood there in disbelief, unable to recognise the raven haired girl before him from the innocent blonde haired girl he had been training earlier in the day.

"Well...um....yes. About your partner" Viper began, Cadence raised her gloved right index finger and cut him off. "Let me stop you there Viper-" "That's Seargent Viper to you!" he yelled, clearly becoming agitated.

"Whatever, I don't need a partner. I'm more than capable of working alone. Koffing and I have the same bond that's shared by all Pokemon and their trainers. However, the only bond that trainers I meet will be having with their Pokemon will be purely spiritual, after I steal them." she smirked, closing her eyes again. Her, now red, hair covering the left side of her face.

"Cadence, this is not a decision you are permitted to make!" barked Viper again, his face becoming increasingly red. "You will do as you are ordered, or I will have to send you to the disciplinary commitee!. Now. You will travel to Viridian City as I mentioned in the letter. Once there, at exactly 1:30pm two days from now, your partner will meet you at the gym."

"Fine, pair me up with some doofus. However I can't guarantee that they'll be able to keep up with me." Cadence declared, as she spun on her heel, and stormed out of the room. Slamming the door behind her.

Outside the room, Cadence made her way towards the elevator, pressed the button. And then leant against the wall in despair.

"Darn! I don't want to have to share my glory with some person I've never met! I bet none of the other trainers were forced to have a partner as well as their Pokemon!" she cursed in her mind.

A ding came from the elevator, indicating it was there. Cadence got ready to enter it, but fell backwards. The wall she was leaning against had disappeared, and in it's place was....the elevator.

"NOT AGAIN!" she squealed, as she looked up, her face fell. Shaking his head at her, was Drill Seargent Viper.

OoC: Feel free to take your Team Rocket story where you like! I've been assigned a partner and I'm not happy. However nobody knows where it could go from there! There are basically no limits on where you can go with your character. Even characters like Yoshimitsu27's hero-like are welcome! Team Rocket need to have enemies! And there need to be protagonists :)

Rachel finished up straightening her hair with a small brush, which was held in her right hand. On her left arm hung another outfit, one that had a color scheme of red and dark grey... She stowed the brush in a bag she wore on her back, clung onto her by a single strap that ran diagonal across her chest. She walked a bit further, and soon stashed the extra outfit she was carrying into the same bag. In front of her was a large building, adorned with satellites and most windows were closed, with the blinds down. "Must be it..." Rachel whispered to herself, and began to run for the building. Her long, midnight-purple hair whipping around wildly as she did so. A young looking man dashed out of the way of a Hyper Beam as Rachel approached the door to this building. "This is... definitely it." She said, and pushed open the door, looking again to the running man, and entered. Inside, the floor was highly polished white tile, gleaming from the reflection of the overhead florescent lights. Scientists ran between several rooms, and occasionally a young person garbed in white or black, adorning large red "R"s on their shirts. Rachel looked down to her shirt, and was glad to see a similar large red "R". She made her way to an elevator, pressed a couple buttons, and began to ascend to a much higher floor. Rachel tapped her thighs rhythmatically, somewhat nervously as well, until finally the doors to the elevator moved apart to reveal a similar looking floor to the previous one. Rachel looked around a bit, and found the room she was looking for. A man, much older than her, and with hair fashioned into a purple mowhawk yelled upon her entry to the room. "Why the hell are you so late, grunt?" He boomed, and Rachel backed away a bit. "Sir, I was..., I was obtaining this Pok

Seth noticed that Viper's room was absent, so he went to his. As he entered the hallway to his room, he noticed a note posted on his door, which read:

Seth-
I watched you battle against Rush and his Beedrill through my camera's. You seem a worthy Member. I was amazed at how quickly you defeated him, and such strategy. However...I have to say one thing. You still lack one thing to be a Rocket, and that is this: You and your Zubat seem to independent. I need you to be able to work as a team. Then, you will be stronger. I shall assign you a partner. Meet me at my room at 9:00. Be there, or else.

Signed,

RM Viper.

Seth looked at the note, then the clock. He soon realized it was 6:00. He had 3 hours. "Well, I have time...I thing I will rest...And as for you Zubat, I set up a small bed..." He said entering his room.

His room was a medium sized square, with a bed at the end, which was his. He had a black cover on it, the initials, TR, which obviously meant Team Rocket. Right above his bed, on the left wall, was deck, with a nice, soft, cotton bed, obviously for Zubat. Zubat ran to it with glee.

A closet was in the wall, left to the doorway. He had some miscellanous things in there: Rocket uniforms, casual clothes, (for missions) hats, shoes, etc. It also had a poster of a Pokeball, with a TR ingraved in it.

He had other stuff in his room as well, a rug, some posters, and other stuff. He kept Zubat's pokeball, and empty ones, on a bookshelf, in one of it's cupboards. He had some books to read as well.

He took a nap, and when he woke up, it was quarter to eight. He got up. "Well, I should probably get going..." He woke up his Zubat, put on a uniform and the pokeball belt, and headed to the office.

Upon his arrival, (9:00 sharp,) Viper just got out of a dark room. Seth didn't dare ask.

"You wanted to see me, Sir?" He said to man, and he replyed. "Yes, yes. At ease. Now, you are a good battler, so, I think it is a good idea to get you a partner. I shall assign you one at the Rocket Center, just 5 floors ahead. Meet me there at 9:30. You have roughly 20 minutes. Now, leave." He abruptly finished, and Seth walked out.

Seth strolled a little, got some food at The Center, and just as he finished eating a corn dog, Viper entered.

OoC: I am planning to make a partner for Seth, but, if anyone wants to be Seth's partner, just PM me.

The numbers of the elevator kept lighting up, and then changing. 13, to 12, to 11, all the way down to the G for Ground floor. Upon reaching the ground floor, the elevator suddenly lurched, landing Cadence on her backside. Slightly embarassed, she looked around as the doors opened. "Phew, nobody saw!" she thought

((What am I? Chopped liver? I was waiting for that elevator right next to you!))

Riding the elevator with Cadence proved far more irritating than Janice had imagined. While she hadn't enjoyed the prospect of Cadence trying to be all buddy-buddy with her as she had expected, the idea that the blond hadn't noticed her at all was driving Janice crazy. The one thing that saved Cadence from a dagger in her lower lumbar region was the elevator's sudden stop. The car lurched, shoving Cadence into her and Janice found herself on the floor with the blond rookie in her lap.

Janice heard her sigh in relief as the doors opened, as though she had narrowly avoided a major faux pas. A mere stabbing was too good for her. Cadence needed a good strangling. But it would have to wait. With the scientist around, it was one witness too many. Granted, Janice could probably silence him, too, but that was going to be far more trouble than it was worth.

As soon as Cadence was off her lap, Janice was on her feet and out the door. Waiting for her outside was Captain Rush. Janice stopped in front of him and saluted with the hand that wasn't being used as a roost for her Murkrow.

"Cadet Janice, ID number 16301, reporting for evaluation, sir," Janice recited.

"At ease, Cadet," Captrain Rush replied. Janice put her arm down and Rush continued, "I'm Captain Rush, the battle trainer. Go stand in the train..."

Right then, Cadence blundered through the door, barreled into Captain Rush, and fell right back on her butt again. Rush looked down at her with a highly amused look.

"AHAHAHAHA Look at this one, can't even stay standing up!" he roared with laughter. "Are you the new Agent, ID number 16302?"

With that, Captain Rush seemed to forget all about Janice and immediately told Cadence to proceed with her exam. Janice was annoyed, but it was just as well. She needed a little more time to prepare, time she wasted in the elevator being irritated at Cadence. This would also give her a chance to study her opponent. She stood aside and retracted her arms beneath her parka, Big Daddy the Murkrow moving to her shoulder. Cadence was soon finished and Janice let the next boy begin his exam as she clandestinely adjusted her gear. By the time the boy's Zubat trounced Rush's Beedrill, Janice was ready to go. She produced an arm for Big Daddy to perch on and approached the trainer's box.

"Well, well, well, the illustrious Janice," Captain Rush said with a smirk. "You've got quite the reputation, or at least your family does. Even here in Kanto, we've heard the tales of Team Janus in Zophis. In fact, I believe you have a couple reletives in our service. Sisters of yours, maybe? Cousins?"

Janice's Murkrowless hand, hanging by her side in a fist, tightened ever so slightly.

"I wouldn't know," Janice replied. "Cousins, no doubt. Distant ones."

"Could've fooled me. There's a strong resemblance," Rush said, tossing out a PokeBall. It resulted in a Cubone. "Let's get started! Cubone, Bonemerang!"

"Cubone!" the 'Lonely Pokemon' confirmed. It wound up and threw its bone club with all its might. "Bone-BONE!"

Big Daddy took flight, easily dodging the club. Janice didn't so much as flinch as the club zoomed by her ear, swerved behind her head, and zipped past her other ear. Big Daddy avoided the return just as easily as the first.

"Big Daddy, Astonish," Janice commanded.

Big Daddy barreled straight for Cubone, following the path of the Bonemerang. The Murkrow juked to the side just as he made contact, spinning the Cubone's helmet so it faced backward. Effectively blind, Cubone quickly set about readjusting its helmet.

"Now follow-up with Peck," Janice ordered.

The Cubone got its eyes lined back up with the holes in its helmet just in time to see Big Daddy plant a beak between them. Cubone staggered back, clutching his head.

"Cubone, Ice Beam!" Captain Rush commanded.

Cubone took a deep breath and spat out a swirling beam of freezing blue. Big Daddy narrowly avoided the beam, with only a thin layer of frost for his troubles. The Murkrow looked flustered, but Janice remained impassive.

"Flank right and use Astonish," Janice said. A brief, metallic glint shone from her clenched hand as she adjusted her grip slightly.

"Cubone, use Ice Beam again!" Rush declared.

"Murkrow!" Big Daddy declared. He flew to the edge of the arena, swerving wide as Cubone followed him with its Ice Beam. Its back wasn't to Janice for more than a second before it suddenly flinched and broke the beam. The Cubone's free hand slapped the back of its neck, then it turned back to his opponent's trainer. Janice allowed herself a little smirk as she saw the Lonely Pokemon's eyes begin to droop. Big Daddy then closed in and performed his attack.

The Cubone hit the ground, hard, its free hand hitting the ground limply. From the hand, a small peice of metal, no larger than an Leppa seed, dropped. Janice figured, as she returned the launcher to its place under her poncho, under normal circumstances she would've aimed for the opposing trainer instead. That way, she could snag their Pokemon with no interruption. As it stood, she couldn't get evaluated if the proctor was unconscious. Suffice it to say, that Cubone was not getting back up.

Captain Rush's eyes went wide, then they focussed directly on Janice.

"That was a dirty, underhanded, unethical, dishonorable and above all cowardly move," he bellowed, marching directly up to Janice. She remained standing, not so much as changing expression as Rush loomed over her. He grinned down at her, and slapped her shoulders with both hands. "And that's exactly the kind of thing we want in Team Rocket! Excellent job, Cadet."

"Any means necessary, right Captain?" Janice replied, smiling up at him.

"Damn straight!" Captain Rush agreed with a hardy laugh. "You'll go far in this organization, kid! The rest of you punks better have been taking notes! This is not the Pokemon League. We only have one rule when it comes to Pokemon Battles: don't kill your opponent. Their Pokemon must still retain some value after you've stolen it, and they're worth more alive than dead. Even if all your Pokemon are knocked out, if you manage to get away with more than you started you're ahead of the game. Janice, report to the 19th floor at 1920 hours for a briefing with Drill Seargent Viper. He'll take it from there. Now, who's next?"

"Yes, sir," Janice replied with a quick salute. She held up an arm and Big Daddy perched on it again. She soon left the training grounds and, after another perilous ride on the elevator, found a note on her door. She yanked it off and read it.

Janice:

Congradulations on your stunning victory. I watched the whole thing on the closed-circuit television. You're well on your way to becoming a top-ranked member of Team Rocket. However, do not get too overconfident. There may be times when under-handed tricks like the stunt you pulled today will fail you, and you must rely on your skills as a Pokemon trainer. To that end, I have decided to give you a partner, and I hope you will learn from each other how to become a true Rocket.

Signed,
D.S. Viper R

A partner? Janice crumpled up the note and tossed it over her shoulder before entering her room. No doubt some slacker who'll only slow her down. She'll have to dispose of them at a convenient time and make it look like an accident. Being an underhanded cad was one thing. Being an underhanded cad that clearly disrespects the underhanded cads above her in the pecking order doesn't last long, even in Team Rocket. She'll give the partner thing a chance, for now, but if he gets in her way he'll have to be removed. Permanently.

At approximately 7:17, Janice was once again approaching Viper's office. Coming out of his office was a Rocket Janice at first did not recognize. Her uniform was a mess of belts, studs, and leather that made Janice's stomach hurt as she tried not to laugh at her. The the young woman drew closer, she realized it was Cadence.

'As if she couldn't get any more ridiculous,' Janice thought to herself as Cadence passed by. Viper wasn't far behind her. Cadence soon topped herself by falling over in her get-up, much to the drill sargent's disapproval. Sargent Viper turned around and walked back into his office. Janice followed him.

"You're early," Viper said as he sat down at his desk.

"That is correct, sir," Janice said, standing at attention.

Viper poured himself a drink and looked up at her.

"I'm not in a good mood, Cadet," Viper said before gulping down his drink.

"Cadence is a total bonehead, sir," Janice replied. "Pure and simple."

"That is how you feel about Cadence?" Viper said, with an almost amused expression that perplexed Janice.

"Yes, sir," Janice answered. "In my opinion, Cadet Cadence barely qualifies as Rocket material, sir."

"I see," Viper noted, causing Janice to raise an eyebrow. Viper poured himself another drink and continued, "You will meet your partner in two days at exactly 1:30 PM at the Viridian Gym. You'll receive your first mission after that. Dismissed."

"Yes... sir," Janice replied hesitantly. She had a funny feeling about what Viper had in mind for her. She saluted sharply and marched out the door.

Janice returned to the dorms and carefully stepped into her room. The whole place was permeated with booby traps, and only Janice knew where each one was. Most of them, at least. In a group like Team Rocket, Janice couldn't be the only cut-throat crook, and she didn't take any chances. She ever so carefully place Big Daddy's PokeBall on the safest spot on her desk, then made her way over to her bed. She reached under her mattress to make a few adjustments, then tossed her poncho on top of it and hopped on the bed.

After laying there for a few minutes, she developed a theory on who her partner was going to be, and she didn't like it. She scowled up at the ceiling at the very thought of it. It was probably the worst match for her, but if popular media and Murphy's Law was any indication, the worst case scenario was also the most likely. In all likelyhood, she already knew who her partner was, and she hated her with a passion already. "Cadence."

The next day, at 1:30 PM, Janice sat on the steps of the Viridian City Gym. One hand propped her head up with her elbow on the knee, the other stuck out to the side as that hand rested on her thigh. She had traded her black uniform for a light blue poncho over a white t-shirt and blue jeans with a white cap. It was a disguise that would fool no one who knew she was a Rocket, but at least it kept people from looking at her suspiciously.

She was expecting Cadence to show up at any minute. Hopefully, she was wrong, and she'd be teamed up with one of those genius trainers that was also smart enough to be devastatingly handsome, but she was pretty sure she didn't have that sort of luck. If anything, she'd be teamed up with someone even worse than Cadence. How that was even humanly possible escaped her at the moment.

((Janice's opinions of Cadence don't necessarily reflect my own. She is just a fictional character who I think would hate Cadence, but maybe grow to like her if given the chance. At any rate, I hope Cadence intends to actually interact with someone on this thread. Otherwise, I'd like to direct her to the fanfiction board.))

OoC: D= I'm sorry, I'm still a little new to this. I didn't control Janice because I thought I remembered reading that you weren't supposed to direct other's characters >

((Well, you didn't have to control Janice, but it would've been nice if you at least acknowledged her existence. For instance, Seth and Cadence appeared in my post, but they didn't do anything they hadn't done in their respective posts. I've seen a lot of RP posts that reiterate what the other characters did before/while their own characters did their thing. Part of RPing is responding to what the other characters are doing. For instance, you could've said something to Janice, then waited for me to respond.))

OoC: Ok I see :( Suggestion noted and thanks for the advice.

Viridian City, 1:20pm. "Hmm, I'm early" echoed in Cadence's mind. Her hair no longer the mess of crimson, now it was reverted back to blonde. Her clothes no longer outlandish, just a simple pair of jeans and a tshirt, with a red sweater tied around her waist. Over her shoulder was a light blue shoulder bag, which contained a few things, among which were Koffing's Pokeball.

Approaching the gym, she noticed a figure sitting on the steps. At first she didn't recognise her, although upon moving closer, she noticed she had seen the girl somewhere before. Her expression was familiar at least.

Cadence sat down on the steps, placed her hands on her knees, and closed her eyes in the sunshine, opposite the other girl. She opened her eyes and looked over.

"Say, you look very familiar...you wouldn't happen to be..." Cadence looked around, and shuffled closer on the steps "training with Team Rocket too?"

The girl looked at her with disdain, and then looked away. "What's it to you?" she scowled.

"I knew I recognised you, I thought I'd seen you during my training battle...but I was a little too focused, and I didn't get a good look at you...Sorry about that."

"...Whatever" the girl muttered.

"Could I at least ask your name? I mean...we are both working for Team Rocket."

"Keep it down!" the other girl hissed. "You DO know that Team Rocket are wanted by the police! Anybody could be listening!"

Cadence looked around, not seeing anybody, especially not any police officers. "I just thought-" she started. She was soon interrupted however.

"You thought? Well that makes a huge change. I've seen the pathetic way you acted around HQ the other day. You give Team Rocket a bad name!"

Cadence looked as if she was about to break down into tears, but with a steely determination she responded. "That's not very fair, you've judged me, fairly harshly I might add, before you even really know me."

The girl scowled again, and looked over. "Janice, ...ok?". Cadence smiled at her, not trying to be condescending, and extended her hand "Well I'm Cadence-" "I know your name..." Janice snapped. "Well, it's nice to meet you anyway..." muttered Cadence, considering whether or not to retract her hand.

((OoC: Was that better? I didn't really like to try to speak for Janice too much, but I tried to set it up for a response))

((Yeah, it's good.))

Seeing that Cadence wasn't going to put the hand away anytime soon, Janice took the hand and shook it. After that, she leaned forward, propping her head up with both arms this time.

"I imagine that you were sent here to meet your new partner at 1:30 PM, right?" Janice asked. She didn't wait for a response. "Figures. Well, unless we've been set up on some double-date, it looks like we're it. Regardless, don't get in my way. In this world, you do what it takes to get the job done, no matter how many eggs you need to break to make that omlette. My advice: Don't be an egg, or you'll get scrambled, ya hear?"

Janice's stomach whined at the over-use of egg metaphors. She hadn't had lunch yet, which may explain how she got on that train of thought. She stood up and turned to face Cadence.

"You said I didn't really know you, right?" Janice asked, her feet on different steps. "Let's get some lunch. Maybe I'll get to know you better. Maybe."

((As for me, I'm beat. I need to grab some shut-eye. C-ya tomorrow or something.))

Cadence stood up, her stomach also growling at all the egg discussion, similar to Janice, her feet on different steps. "Sure I'm starving. I don't know Viridian very well, but there has to be somewhere to eat." She picked up her bag, and walked alongside Janice.

The pair sat at a table by the window, the bright sunlight shining in. Flowers were growing in the small garden outside. A few Oddish and a Gloom wandered by, the Oddish following the Gloom how ducklings follow their mother. Cadence smiled watching them, and was cut off from her daydream when the waitress shoved a menu under her nose.

They ordered their food, and sat opposite each other, for a few minutes eating in silence. Cadence suddenly spoke up "Janice?" Janice looked up "I sure am sorry about the other day, when I fell on you in the elevator. I meant to say sorry then, but I was rather intimidated. I never meant any disrespect."

Janice looked down at her food, and then back up. "It happens" she muttered, going back to her food. "However...in future" she continued "Watch who you fall on." Almost a grin formed on Janice's face. Not a friendly grin, more of a devious grin. Cadence gulped, and returned to her food. Almost afraid to speak again.

A few more minutes passed, then Cadence spoke up again.

"Um...i-if you don't mind me asking, what did you do before you j-joined Team Rocket?" she nervously questioned, Janice looked up again, with an almost "None-of-your-buisness-look" on her face, sighed, and sat back in her seat.

"Well...-"

OoC: Just a quick one since I'm on my break at work :3

"PhoooBE!" Rush said while pointing towards Phobe while she was challenging a random Grunt. "Your battle test is next. Hopefully you won't defeat me like the others."

"I probably will! You got whooped by three or four new Grunts with weak Pokemon, so you're probably pretty darn easy!" Phobe retorted, feeling a little arrogant. "What's your next Pokemon going to be? Luvdisc?"

"Oh, yes. You're the little cocky one who got a Larvitar today. Okay, goooooo SANDSLASH!" Rush commanded.

"Okay then. Bane, GO! Use Dark Pulse!" Hopefully he's a high enough level to... Thought Phobe.

"Sandslash, use Fury Cutter!"

Sandslash's attack hit first. Sandslash attacked with his claws not one, not two, not three, but FOUR times. Bane grimaced in pain, but retailiated with a ray of purple darkness spiraling over the Sandslash. Sandslash shuddered a bit from the evil feel of the attack, but little damage was done.

"Sandslash, Fury Cutter, again!" Commanded Rush. "But this time more more claw, less swipe!"

Sandslash's attack hit again, with perfect accuracy, three times.

Aggh...Great. He can't survive another hit. Phobe thought. But he's going for the 'chip 'er down' method. I can fix that. "Bane, use Rock Slide!"

Bane concentrated, and the rocks and sand around them whipped up and crashed down on the Sandslash, which effectively then damaged the Sandslash. "Woot! Sandslash's at about 50% HP! Yeah!" Phobe celebrated.

"I wouldn't celebrate too soon, Grunt. Sandslash, use-" the rest of Rush's command was drowned out by the echo of the crashing rocks.

What will he use? Phobe wondered.

The Sandslash's claw started to glow. He opened up his claws and shoved Bane in between them, and started to squeeze.

"GREAT! Crush Claw! Okay Bane, break out of it and use Dark Pulse again!" Phobe commanded, exasperated. "but use it at his legs!

Bane struggled and struggled, but soon broke out of the grip, barely staying conscious. He let loose a Dark Pulse at the Sandslashs' tiny legs. The Sandslash tumbled over, clutching himself, and took major damage, but was still conscious.

"Sandslash, Scratch with one claw!" Rush called out, desparate for a win.

Rush's Sandslash lifted one claw, but missed.

"Here's our chance, Bane! Use Dark Pulse again, at his torso!" Phobe yelled, trying to keep herself from jumping up and down in glee.

Bane aimed his attack, and fired another Dark Pulse. The Sandslash went down, twitching, then still.

"Woot! Yeah Bane, you defeated him! Yeah!" Phobe danced around.

"Whoop-de-do. A third defeat, no a fourth, by a GRUNT! And what a stupid, dirty trick! Why did I get a MALE Sandslash?!? But dirty tricks are welcome in Team Rocket, unfortunately for me. I am so going to get fired!" Rush yelled.

Phobe was still celebrating when someone else walked into the training field.

Ooc: Who is that 'someone else'? Some other Rocket Grunt (aka someone particpating in the RP), a commander, or someone else? You decide. (My character needs some interaction)

Rachel had finally made her way down to the battling area of the base. There was another girl down there with a Larvitar, seeming to be trying to hold in the glee of victory. Rachel, looking around, could see why. Another man, probably high up in the ranks, was seen returning a fainted Sandslash. Rachel walked up to the man, and informed him of her current purpose. "Oh great! ANOTHER grunt?!" He yelled, clearly sick of the repeating battles, and losses, against grunts. Rachel nodded, despite his question being obviously rhetorical. Realizing how this clearly upset the man, Rachel made a jump backwards, and a back-hand-spring to finish up the distance to her spot. She whipped out a Pok

(OoC: Just wondering, should there be an event that makes all of our characters join up on some mission? Also, I wonder if anyone's figured out Rachel's true purpose in joining Rocket? It's a bit cliched, but I feel we need a ___ in the story.)

OoC: We can work our way towards something like that, the way I see it is our characters are building rapport with each other at the moment.

Phobe was waiting near the elevator, deciding whether to keep Bane out, or to return him, when a girl with purple hair and a Seviper (Ooc: It is out, right? Bane is out too)who suddenly appearred next to her asked, "To Viper?"

Phobe was snapped out of her thoughts. "Wha-? Oh, yeah, we have to go to Viper next, for some reason. And wow, you certainly had ninja-esque skills out there and here, with the whole 'copy your opponent' thing and with the 'seemingly apearing out of nowhere' thing," Phobe said, her speech becoming extremely rapid. "And maybe I should shut up now." Phobes' speech slowed down just a tad. "Umm...yeah. I talk a lot. I'm Phobe. And you are...?"

(Ooc: This is where I would like you to please interact and direct the story.)

"Oh... Well, thank you. I'm Rachel." Rachel replied. She was glad to know this girl, namely Phobe, hadn't noticed her "disrespect" towards Viper. The elevator dinged, and opened. Rachel returned her Seviper, but Phobe left her Larvitar out. They stepped in, almost in unison. "Hehe, excuse me for asking, but are you going for Tyranitar?" Rachel asked, somewhat quietly. "Oh, actually, yes. Why?" Phobe answered. "Just came to thought." Rachel replied. She felt a bit easier when she noticed that Rockets weren't just cold criminals, and that they had open conversations. The elevator dinged once more, and again opened to the floor Rachel had been on a couple hours previously. Apparently Phobe had been on it too, as they both immediately knew where to go to reach Viper's office. They made it in, and Rachel walked up to him first. "Cadet Rachel... Your battle potential seems great. But, what interested me was your physical ability. Would your ability to move like that be able to be in constant use?" Viper explained. "Oh... Well, I hate bragging, but yes, I can." Rachel said. "Okay then. Report tomorrow, in normal attire, to the restaurant in Viridian. There, you will meet your future partner." Viper went on. Rachel nodded, and with a slight wave to Phobe, went to her quarters, leaving Phobe to have her briefing with the Rocket sergeant. She tried to be as careful as she could, she had heard many of the quarters in Rocket bases were spiked with unlimited traps. Finding none, she laid to rest on the provided bunk, and wondered who she'd be assigned. It didn't take all that long for her to drift into a deep sleep.

(OoC: So, yeah, trying to catch up our half of the story to the rest. Phobe can be her partner, seeing as the two have had enough interaction. Also, trying to get them to the place with Janice and Cadence. Seth could be there, too.)

Phobe had a little small talk in the elevator, but was surprised the elevator worked with a 150 pound Larvitar in it. When she got to Viper's office, he talked with Rachel for a bit, telling her to report to the resturant in Virdian tomorrow. Then Viper turned to Phobe.

"Phobe, I saw your battle. Your choice of Pokemon for it was not usual for a Grunt, but that is excusebl(SP?) thanks to your performance there. You used a classic dirty trick, which shows you want to win at all costs. That is good. You showed enthusiasim when you won, though, and that is not good for an operative working undercover tomorrow." Seargent Viper said.

"I'm working undercover? Ya-" Phobe nearly sqealed, but was cut off by Viper.

"Quiet! I like your enthusiasm, intelligence and skill, but if you give yourself away, BAD THINGS HAPPEN!" Viper said menacenly, not quite screaming, but not using the quiet voice he used before.

"Yes sir, right away Seargent, SIR!" Phobe saluted.

Viper groaned. "Tomorrow you will be assigned your partner and be sent to the same place Rachel is going. In normal attire of course." The tone he used just screamed 'NO ENTHUSIASIM'.

"Yes, sir. I will report there bright and early in the morning. Good day, Vi- I mean Seargent Viper." Phobe saluted.

When she was out in the hall, Phobe let out a massive 'yay' of joy.

"Will Grunt #9957 please stop celebrating!" Viper's voice called over the intercom.

Phobe stopped, but she was jumping for joy figuratively this time. Walking carefully to her dorm, avoiding all the booby traps, she landed on her bed, pooped, with Bane following. Instead of returning Bane, she placed his Pokeball on her desk, and told Bane, "You can go sleep in the little bed next to mine, or go back in the ball." "Larvi, lar!" said Bane, pointing to the bed.

"Okay, go to sleep there. But I can't wait 'till we get that bond between Pokemon and human, though, so you can tell me, in a way, exactly what you want."

Phobe then closed her eyes and drifted off for a bit. Something hit her when she was lying there.She stood up, apparently surveying her surroundings.

"Wait a second. If I am going in civilian attire, I can stop wearing this awful skirt! Sha-weet!"

Phobe threw open her somewhat empty closet to set out clothes for tomorrow. She didn't bring much from her home when she came to Rocket HQ. (Ooc: her room just a basic Rocket dorm with a few possessions set out) She pulled out, with little deliberation, which was unusual for her, a pair of dark wash blue jeans, a black studded belt, a gray skater hat, skateboard shoes, a dark grey jacket, and a black t-shirt with a band logo on it. Phobe was quite the skater chick, one of the best in Cinnabar before she entered Team Rocket.

Phobe then laid back down on her bed, talking about the other Rocket Grunt she met today.

"She said her name was Rachel. She was nice. I wonder if she's going to be my partner? That would be nice. And her Seviper looked cool. What do you think, Bane?"

"Tar, tar." Bane responded. (translation that Phobe doesn't understand: He was fine.)

"I don't know what you said, but you had to have liked it. I don't know whether it's male or female though. Well, good night, Bane."

"Larv, t-ar." Bane responded. (or: 'kay. Good night.)

Phobe got up and turned off the lights. She then went back under the covers and went to sleep, dreaming about Sandslashes wearing Ratatta ears.

Ooc: 'kay, that's all I can write right now. I have to go.

OoC: Bleh...I don't wanna make someone...Can someone possibly make a trio???

Edit: OoC: Thought of idea!!! ^^ See if this works.

BiC: Seth finished his corn dog, and turned to Viper. "Sir!" He said, welcoming his superior. "At ease soldier. I couldn't get partner, but I found something you can do..."

Seth listened, with both ears. When he was finished, Seth took off, after leaving, with a, "Sir yes sir!", and of course, to change into some casual clothes.

Seth ran to the resturant that Phobe and Rachel were eating. He sat at the table across, and ate to get Viper's requests off his mind. He recalled Viper's exact orders for him, and they were, by memory:

"Seth, I am going to have you go to the Viridian Five Star resturant, to rendevouz(Sp?) with an agent, and you just might meet some others there as well. They will, of course, be undercover, and I want you to find them. If you fail, that won't be a problem. I do have other agents on this quest. I do think you will fail, so don't take this mission to seriously. Meet the other rockets. DIIIIIISSSSMISSED!"

So, Seth took his table, began to eat his soup, and glanced around at other people, examining them for a chance they could be a Rocket.

The restaraunt was soon filling, Cadence looked at Janice, and then at the other patrons. Cadence thought for a second, and then returned her gaze to outside, watching the Gloom and Oddish...but wait, they were gone?

"Glooooooooooooom!!!!" a piercing sound filled her head, she quickly grabbed her bag, not even allowing Janice a chance to respond to her question. Janice recoiled in a slight shock, and watched out the window, wondering what had gotten into Cadence.

"Charrrrrrmeleon!!!!" hissed the fire Pokemon, cornering the Gloom and it's Oddish.

"Haha, look at these pathetic little grass Pokemon!!" laughed a boy, perhaps around 14 years old. "Charmeleon! Corner them with your Fire Spin!"

The Charmeleon nodded to it's trainer, taking in a deep breath, it's eyes focused, and then spat out a plume of fire, lighting the grass around the Gloom and the group of Oddish, who cowered in fear. The Gloom even shyed away from the tough fire Pokemon.

"Light 'em up Charmeleon!" laughed the boy again. Two other boys, also around the same age laughed with him, standing behind him.

"Hey! Stop that right now!" Cadence sprinted towards the group, skidding to a halt on the dirt path "How dare you pick on innocent Pokemon! Leave them alone!"

"Haha" laughed the boy. "Who do you think you are? And why should I care?".

"Who I am is not important" retorted Cadence "But why not pick on somebody who can defend themselves?" She reached into her bag, and pulled out Koffing's Pokeball.

"You think you can defeat me? Ha! You're just as pathetic as those Oddish. Charmeleon, come here!"

"Charrrrr, chaarrrrrmeleon!" responded the Pokemon, standing between Cadence and the boys.

"Koffing let's go!" Cadence hurled her Pokeball, Koffing exited the Pokeball, the blissful expression on it's face, floating around. "Koff~ing!" it spluttered.

"Charmeleon, use Scratch attack!" the boy commanded his Pokemon to attack Koffing, it began to advance on Koffing.

"Koffing, use your Smog attack!" Koffing moved back, and breathed out a thick black smoke, temporarily blinding the Charmeleon. "Follow up with Tackle!" Koffing began to hurtle at full speed towards it's opponent, hitting the fire Pokemon head on.

Charmeleon fell to the floor, unable to battle. "No way! I'll teach you a lesson you meddling idiot! Return Charmeleon" the boy stored his Charmeleon, and brandished another Pokeball "Go Hitmontop! Teach her a lesson!" the pokeball hit the ground, and out emerged the spinning Hitmontop. "Use Spinning Tackle, Hitmontop! You guys get in here too!"

"All right!" the other boys responded, pulling out Pokeballs of their own, and tossing them. "Go Venonat!" "Go Raticate!" the pokeballs hit the ground, revealing Venonat and Raticate.

"Hey!" yelled Cadence "That's against battling rul-" "Oh wait" she remembered "Team Rocket doesn't play by the rules!". Determined not to back down, she looked around for Janice, but then turned her attention back to the brats.

"All right Koffing, let's do this. Use Smokescreen!" Koffing floated up, pumping out the black smoke again.

The smoke began to clear quickly, Cadence looked around nervously, trying to stall for time...-

Seth turned to the commotion, and looked at the cornered Oddish. He loved Oddish...He decided to get in on this.

"Girl!" He recoginized the girl that smiled at him! Ohh...the smile...Seth blushed at the thought....But then he came back to senses. "Okay! I'm in this! Zubat! Let's go!" He threw the sphere into the air, and out materilized the Zubat. It looked straight at the Venonat, as it returned the favor.

"I'm here to help!" He said, then looked at her bag, which had a Team Rocket 'R' in it. He knew it was her. "Zubat! Wing Attack that Hitmontop!" He said, and his Zubat preceded to attack the Hitmontop. His Zubat attacked the Roll Kicking Hitmontop, and it feel back.

"Good job!" He winked at her, and preceded to the battle. His Zubat continued to attack the Hitmontop, to stop the madness against the trainquil Oddish and Gloom.

Rachel woke when an absurdly loud alarm blared throughout her room. She grabbed the nearest hard object, and threw it at the clock causing the noise. A miss. So, she lazily got up, and manually shut the thing off. She took a quick shower, and when she got out, instead of wearing the Rocket outfit, she wore completely casual clothes. Even her hair was different, having a large, dark purple bow in it. Her outfit's theme was obviously purple, varying from a soft shade of lavender to near black shades of violet. "Hmm... I suppose this is alright..." She said, looking in the mirror as she finished applying her makeup. She grabbed her bag, and made a quick dash for the elevator. Once she was outside, she released Seviper for some company. "Alright... Viridian..." Rachel said, walking alongside her snake Pok

"Koffing! Use Sludge on Raticate!" ordered Cadence, her blonde hair blowing in the breeze. Koffing complied with the order, spitting out a black sludge at Raticate, a direct hit. Raticate recoiled in pain, the sludge appearing to burn the it's skin. The Raticate's trainer recalled it to it's Pokeball, and ran away towards Viridian Forest.

"You coward!" yelled the boy with the Hitmontop. "Hitmontop use Jump Kick!" the small fighting Pokemon lept into the air, and flew at Koffing, hitting it dead on with it's kick. Koffing was knocked back, but fought back strong. "Koffing, Poison Gas attack!" commanded Cadence. The Gloom and Oddish took this chance to get away, running towards one of the gardens of the neighboring houses.

(OoC: Made it short in case anybody else wants to jump into the battle :3)

Seth looked at Cadence, and told her: "I'll try and handle the Venonat!" He said, as his Zubat just dodged a Psybeam. "Good job Zubat! Now, Supersonic!"

In retrospect, that wasn't a good idea, considering that Koffing was next to him, but Zubat made sure it was only to the Venonat. Zubat let out the high pitched screech in which it was known for, and if the Venonat could talk, it would be saying very foul words. The Venonat was running, thrashing, and even knocked down his own trainer! When they got back, his Venonat was back to normal, and it was enraged.

"...Um...Zubat, I would run if I were you..." He said, as the Venonat came charging after him.

The Venonat suddenly stumbled and fell on its face. It looked back and wriggled its foot as if it were caught on something. Sunlight glinted off a thin wire before it dragged the hapless Bug-type into a dark alley. The battlers' eyes followed it, and a moment later Janice stepped out wearing her Rocket uniform and carrying the Venonat in one hand by the wire.

"A Venonat? Pathetic," she said. She grabbed the Venonat by a clump of its fur and untangled the wire from its ankle. "I was aiming for the Hitmontop."

"Team Rocket!" the Venonat's owner exclaimed. "You better give it back or else!"

"I've got bigger fish to fry, but you know what they say about the little ones," Janice said, tossing the Venonat into a nearby cage that immediately closed behind it. "They make excellent bait."

"Don't worry, I'll get your Venonat back!" the Hitmontop trainer declared heroically. "Hitmontop, Jump Kick!"

"Hitmon TOOOOOOP!" the Fighting-type called out as it dashed forward and took flight, it's feet aimed directly at Janice. The Rocket held out an arm, her poncho draping over it like a bull fighter's cape. Much like a bull fighter, she stepped aside at the last moment with a flourish, allowing Hitmontop to fly right by her and into yet another cage stacked on top of a garbage can. The cage toppled off the can and slammed shut as Hitmontop crashed into the back of it.

"You twerps have more Pokemon than that, don't you?" Janice asked. "I know one of you has a Charmeleon. Let's see it."

"Charmeleon is in no condition to battle!" one of the boys protested.

"Then you boys are in a jam," Janice stated, producing a PokeBall. She opened it, revealing her Murkrow. "Because my Pokemon is just itching to battle."

"But what about them?" the other boy asked, pointing at Cadence and Seth. "C'mon! You guys gonna help us or what?"