• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Returning Pokemon

Okay, we've talked all about the new Pokemon, but just like the old games, there will be pokemon returning to this game as well (such as the Pikachu line, Zubat line, Geodude line, Machop line, etc.). So my question is, what pokemon from generation IV down do you want to be in the Isshu-dex?

I would love for Lucario and Eevee to come back, but I would also love it (for nastalgia's sake) if they would put some previous starters in the dex (Like Gen 1).

Okay, start brainstorming!

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
The usual lines will show up again most likely, such as those that you mentioned and many more (such as the Abra line), possibly the Gastly line as well. Personally, I don't think the Eevee line will show up, and neither will we have any Eevelutions this Gen.

I'd like to see Cacturne show up in the desert area, then Hippowdon line will probably also make an appearance there. Trapinch line should also show up there, and if doesn't show up I'll be greatly angered. >_<

The Eevee line does show up, in the Dream World, and I believe that's where all previous pokemon(only excluding legends) will be found. I don't believe there's anything suggesting that previous pokes will be found in Isshu, unless you count Mamanbo, but as that's yet to be a confirmed Luvdisc evo, there's nothing really saying that the previous pokemon will be in the Isshu Dex at all.

I would like to see the Snorunt and Sneasel lines reappear in the mountains. Also Lucario, and Eevee too. The Houndour and Poochyena lines should make a comeback too.

Shocari said:
The Eevee line does show up, in the Dream World

What is the Dream World? I'm totally out of the loop.

Well, let's see...

I want some of our 'desert' Pokemon to return to populate that huge desert such as the Trapinch line, the Cacnea line, and the Hippopotas line alongside the desert croc and the sarcophagus. I also want Hoppip to return because I love them XD. Overall there aren't a lot of Pokemon I want to see return because I want the majority of Isshu Pokemon to be completely new.

Well, we've got to have some returners. Otherwise I'll feel naked and unused to all the new 'mons. Dream World seems like a place to put a lot of them, if catching random 'mons is a reoccurring occurrence.

A lot of desert Pokes need to show up in that great desert. I love Flygon. And maybe some of the 'mons that got left out of RSE and DPPt when they were brand spanking new and there wasn't a way to get them. So yeah.

What I really want is for them to screw the National Dex, and have all Pokemon available at all times, but with some of the details about the Dream World revealed, it doesn't look like that's happening. I'd like to see the Drifloon, Mankey, and Barboach lines return, just cuz I like 'em really.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Shocari said:
The Eevee line does show up, in the Dream World, and I believe that's where all previous pokemon(only excluding legends) will be found. I don't believe there's anything suggesting that previous pokes will be found in Isshu, unless you count Mamanbo, but as that's yet to be a confirmed Luvdisc evo, there's nothing really saying that the previous pokemon will be in the Isshu Dex at all.

This does seem to be the current rumor going around, but I wouldn't give it anymore thought than that for now. There hasn't actually been an official statement anywhere yet to prove it official.

Myself... I think we'll probably see Pokemon show up from the older games that are connected to new evolutions or pre-evolutions. Beyond that, Sho might be right and all previous gen Pokemon may simply be found via the Dream World. As Stel mentioned to me recently, people are speculating that Koromori could become the next Zubat. I could see this happening, too...

Still, I dunno. If they do only have Isshu Pokemon pre-Nat Dex then I really hope we get AT LEAST 150 new Pokemon. It'd sucked having a region populated will less than that outside of side additions like the Dream World. =/

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Absol needs to be in Isshu. He's the complete symbolism of yin/yang theme of the game, so it would be utterly ridiculous for him to not be in there.

As we were talking about in the chatroom yesterday, I really, really think Absol needs an evolution into a dual type to become any real use, too. So if I get the full set there, I'll be happy - however, at the very least, I would expect Absol to be available.

I very, very much doubt the rumours that there'll be no previous Pokemon available. It's just not very likely. What IS quite likely is that it will be very like the Hoenn Dex - where there were just barely over twice as many new Pokemon as returning available in the game (135 vs 67) - and that those returning will be mostly made up of the usual suspects, Pikachu, Tentacool, Zubat, Geodude,etc.

DoctorOak said:
Absol needs to be in Isshu. He's the complete symbolism of yin/yang theme of the game, so it would be utterly ridiculous for him to not be in there.

As we were talking about in the chatroom yesterday, I really, really think Absol needs an evolution into a dual type to become any real use, too. So if I get the full set there, I'll be happy - however, at the very least, I would expect Absol to be available.

I don't understand how you could say that, actually. In what way is Absol Yin/Yang at all? I mean, it is spiritual and has a sort of connecting to symbolism in the Pokemon Universe, but how does it intertwine with Yin/Yang?

I think the usual lines will return, and there is no real discussion there. Maybe the Munchlax/Riolu/Bonsly lines, as well as the Eeveelutions in the Dream World...But I think this one will be rather cut off like the third gen Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and only have the Isshu pokemon, with some usual ones, and you have to do some strange stuff all over the place to get ANY pokemon that aren't in Isshu...

I expect the Pikachu, Geodude, Zubat, Tentacool, and Abra evo line, I mean, name ONE *handheld* pokemon game they weren't in. But I'd also want Zan/Sev duo appear. As well as the "Telepathic Eath trio" (Claydol, Solrock, Lunatone) to come back.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
ProfessorHibiki said:
I don't understand how you could say that, actually. In what way is Absol Yin/Yang at all? I mean, it is spiritual and has a sort of connecting to symbolism in the Pokemon Universe, but how does it intertwine with Yin/Yang?

Absol's design is based on the visual symbolism of the concepts of Yin/Yang, y'know, this thing:

yin_yang.png

It's also implied that Absol is a bit of a balance between the destructive and protective powers of nature. When natural disasters strike, it is the balance that warns people of the impending destruction - although it then often gets the blame for that disaster 'cos it always happens to appear when they happen...

DoctorOak said:
ProfessorHibiki said:

Absol's design is based on the visual symbolism of the concepts of Yin/Yang, y'know, this thing:

yin_yang.png

It's also implied that Absol is a bit of a balance between the destructive and protective powers of nature. When natural disasters strike, it is the balance that warns people of the impending destruction - although it then often gets the blame for that disaster 'cos it always happens to appear when they happen...

Oi, Oi, I see.

I remember in...Wish Maker: Jirachi? I forgot which movie it was, that an Absol appeared and was warning the gang that Butler (a.k.a., danger) was soon upon them. Now I understand what you mean. Hrm...

Also, I always saw how the blade on Absol's head was curved, and black, and his head also joined with being round (durhhhh) and white, so it did, in a way, show the symbolic sign of Yin/Yang.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, it seems this topic is now rendered rather moot...

If my theory about there being a string of new Pokemon post-National Dex in the same fashion as Gen IV, though, I'm still going to sit and wish and hope for some Absol love.