• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Reasonable Trainer Card?

Hi everyone! So, yeah, I'm trying to create a reasonable trainer card. Uhhh, crap, I'm horrible at explaining stuff, so this will probably sound really weird to you guys ._.
What I'm saying is, I don't want to create an over-powered or Mary-Sue trainer. Do you think the Pokemon in my trainer card are legit?:8B:

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Generally, the way to tell a Mary Sue is by how many legendaries and shinies they have. A team composed of entirely shiny legendaries is the ultimate in Sue, for instance. The other way is by checking whether it has the obvious choices - the pseudolegendaries like Garchomp or Dragonite, the vastly overused Pokémon like Lucario, Pikachu, starters, etcetera.

To judge your trainer card, I'd say you're actually doing okay. The worst of your crimes are two shinies and a Pichu, which I would not judge you for. ^^