• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rayn's Thread o' Sprites

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Celadon

Hey Rayn Shyu!
I have seen your sprites and they are wonderful.
I especially like your mugshots and custom trainers. The shading on them is great! ^^

Keep it up! :)

Great! Thankyou, Rayn! I can't wait to see the outcome, but don't rush yourself or anything! Take your time. I don't mind when it'll be done. :)

I have returned with another request.

Male/Female: Male
Description: He has brown hair that goes down to the back of his neck and goes just above his eyes. He has dark brown eyes. He wears a white long sleeved shirt with a pair of blue jeans. He wears blue and white trainers with a black Pokéball belt that has 6 Pokéballs on it, he has blue messenger bag.

It doesn't matter if you can't do it seeing as I request so much from you.
Please and thankyou.

As always, your spritework is awesome Rayn, keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there!
I bring you a request, oh spriter.​
Trainer

Description: Shaggy(think of the actual Shaggy from Scooby-Doo for reference. XD) brown hair, slate blue eyes. Wearing a black shirt over a charcoal/darker grey long sleeve shirt. Also wearing baggy jeans with a slight dirt tinge to them, torn up at bottom. Wearing dark navy blue skater shoes.
Pose: Has a surprised "o.o" sort of look on his face. Right hand scratching the back of his head. Standing regularly.

Mugshot

Description/Sprite/Picture: The request above this one. The pose... well, you just do whatever you like. Surprise me. *nicer way of saying he's too lazy to think of one XD*

If used in signature, give credit I will. MmmHMMMhmmm.
-Yoda Ripoff-

*Revives for the week* ...Right guys. It's been a while. Why? Because I couldn't get onto 'Charms on my computer (it got some viruses), this is actually my brother's who doesn't like me using his. I might be able to do trainers on this computer, but not any mugs right now for Spring Break, that's not going to happen until my computer gets fixed.
Sorry if you still care, it's been a long time XD.​

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Sorry to hear that, Rayn. I did wonder where'd you been XD

I hope you get it sorted out soon, viruses are a real pain. You're lucky your brother lets you on his, even if it's only brief. My brother has a laptop, which he defends to the death. The only time I can go near it is if it needs fixing, because I'm pretty good with that side of computers XD

Anyway, good luck with the computer ^^

Thanks for the support guys, my brother's out camping with his friends, so he doesn't know I'm using it past WoW... I do have trainer sprites on this computer, but I still like my personal one better.
Beastly Z: If you still care, I've got your trainer right here.
lehem.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/Rayn_Shyu/lehem.png[/IMG]
And here's a Rayn sprite cuz I got bored of the old one. Based off of the Platinum Flareon's pose.
espe.png

Edit: MM, got your trainer done, 'twas fun.
forhisface.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/Rayn_Shyu/forhisface.png[/IMG]
Enjoy.​

Wow, Rayn, might I say that some of these things are very impressive.

I really like your shading style, it is different from anything else I've seen on 'Charms before, and I think that it is working for you.

I especially like the way you did one of the first mugshots that you did, the one that, I'm not sure how to describe it, I'll say 'girl with pointy ears' lol. That one is really good, I like it a lot. I also like the mugshot of you and Rayn, I think that the head as well as the full body pose is totally awesome. I also like the Rayn in the last pose, very cute.

So far so good, doing great with the requests. Great work!

Thanks for the comments Pika! My shading style evolved mostly here, Pix was a real inspiration to me. "The girl with pointy ears" is an elf OC that I made up when I was like twelve ^^;, she's changed though, used to be a lot like me and my WoW character...
Anyways, I decided to re-do myself AGAIN and I ended up with these.
me2.png

First one I did was "Lose" then the other two came.
And a new avvie, if I really want to...
lilavvie.png

Had to do the letters by hand because when ever I pressed the text button in Paint it would just beep at me.​

These sprites are pretty sweet, Rayn. I love how there's different positions for whatever the outcome of the battle is. Do you plan on making a fan Gym? That would be pretty sweet.

Your style is pretty distinctive, and that's good. You have an affinity to make nice, rounded characters. I envy you, because I can't seem to make nice spheres in Paint.

Well, Secad, I have to say that I really haven't past this thread post: http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/index.php?topic=5208.msg82241#msg82241 But well, maybe I should. I have the story of why Rayn has a black tail and junk and stuff... eventually I might get that written down lol. As for my style, I guess I haven't noticed that much before except I hate spriting pointy things...

Another thingy! Gasp! This time I drew something before and then I was like "Ohshans, I have to sprite this now." So yeah.
thatthing.png

Rayn's head and front legs are the "R" and all of Shyu is the "S". I took the BG from a sig I did a while back. It works cuz they both have Psychic powers.

I like these sprites, if you could I would like to see a sprite comic. Adventures of Squid, maybe that is a corny. But something like that. Remember always room for improvement.

Just a little bit of advice, Paint doesn't allow you to use the text tool unless you are zoomed out to normal size.

Also, I'd really like to see your take on my original character, with a Platinum mugshot. I just love your unique way of shading so much, and I'd like to see how it would turn out.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/ua/uaiaww4.png
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa133/4pikachu4/ua/uasprite20.png

I hope these are enough for a headshot.

You are doing a fabulous job, Rayn. I'm lovin' your work.

XD I feel stupid now, I knew that before, but I forgot it I guess. lol
Anyways Pika, I got your muggy done, and used most of the colors from the sprite you gave me.
pika.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/Rayn_Shyu/pika.png[/IMG]
Hope you like it. :D

Wow! That is a really good mug, Rayn! I love it!
Again, love the shading and the way you transformed the original into this.
If you don't mind, may I try editting the hair a bit? Unless you'd like to do it on your own.

Otherwise, I really love it, Rayn, you did a really good job!
Keep it up!

Sure, that's fine, I'm not that good with hair...(in my opinion). Go ahead. :)

Edit: I've always liked Vaporeon's pose/expression in DP and really wanted to have Rayn have it/use it. So I got Vaporeon and got my Rayn sprite and ended up with this.
rayny.png

I like to think that Pokemon don't just evolve, they mature over time too. So this would be Rayn when she just evolved into an Espeon, happy as can be and having a grand ol' time. REVEL IN THE CUTENESS!​

Beastly Z, I'll get to your mug as soon as I get un-lazy.
But for now, look at what I did with the "Are you a Boy/Girl?" thing from Shadows of Alima thing!
liekya.png

I need to do other people :F... But yeah, I decided to try to do a different type of shading for this one, the one that's in the game. I kinda like the way it looks, but I'll still do my signature shading and crap for the rest of the time. Not for requests, just a new thing for spriting.​

Eeeeeeeeeeeeee, I really like your sprites!

I should look at this thread more often, you're very talented :D

I love the VapoRayn pose, the Start/Win/Lose, and Beastly Z's trainer, the shading's very nice on him.

Keep up the good work, I wanna see more!

Thanks for the comments Virgil. And your wish is my command with this pixel art mobob thing of one of my fakemon!
freya.png

This Freya, the Star Garnet Pokemon of the Daioh Region. Which is basically Idaho with Pokemon -__-;;;. BUT YEAH, I drew this guy in a little notebook thingo when I was like 11 and revived his design. This guy has an evolution, which I cleverly called "Mefreya" at the time, but will probably be changed into "Freyoas" or the like. Yus. The typing on this little dude is Steel/Something or other, probably Dark, but maybe Dragon.​

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I like. He has a nice sleek raptor design to him. To me he looks sort of dragonish if wanterd to add that as the second type.

Your new shading style is fantastic and really helps give new life to your sprites. Wonderful job Rayn!

Hi Rayn, can you please make a sort of detective person out of this guy please? Maybe with a magnifying glass?

dptr096.png

By the way, love Freya. Especially that shade of silver on him/her.

Thanks for the comments guys! Beastly Z, I will eventually get that muggy for you done, but those are hard/time consuming/I don't like doing them as much as other stuff/yadda yadda.
But I got jerty's done...
detective.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/Rayn_Shyu/detective.png[/IMG]
'Twas fun, couldn't resist a Sherlock hat :D.​

Oley crap, Rayn is alive?!?! Yes she is. To make what could be a very long story short, my brother was like "NU MOAR POKECHARMS IT GIVES VIRUSESSSSSS!" Not quite sure what give the computer viruses, but I stayed off while he was home. Now that he went to college, I've wanted to come back. But then 'Charms was down for the month and I was worried. But it's been back for three days so... yeah. Here I am. And I have some new stuff too!
Hold on to your hats, this is gonna be random.

8eie.png

Random fusions I did. Tried to be really random, my fav is Buizmory.
awder.png

Well, this one started as just Sceptile/Glaceon but that would've been to plain, so Absol was added. I like my snow beast.

ewag.png

I figured out how to do crystals. And it was fun as heck. Serebii has this Weekly Spriting Contest thing that I wanted to enter this in, but my other one was not good enough so I didn't enter...

ike-1.png

This was another non-submitted entry to WSC. I like the fire on Vaporeon though.

aef8659922815-iaza.gif

This one was for a revamp contest for WSC. I actually entered it... and got like 1 vote...

ese6158851538-iaza.gif

Yes, I like Rhydons... I think this one got into the champion round for this contest... but I don't really remember. I hate spriting with Cherrim.

roserfail3127820045-iaza.gif

This was one where the Pokemon was supposed to be pwn'd. I really dislike Roserade, and really like spriting fire, so this happened. Didn't place or anything.

sefec1890386093-iaza.gif
seffe3844331774-iaza.gif
sefed3147279848-iaza.gif

These I really love. This was a fusion contest, one where you'd sprite a line of Pokemon and one other. I did Cleffa line + Misamagus. I got second with these, I'm really proud.
And that's it for now, I've sprited some trainers too, but I don't want to make the post explode. Enjoy I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.