• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

XY/ORAS Singles Rate my UU team!

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Hey people! Overall the team has been somewhat successful, but I want to make it better!

The team:
Donphan@Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin
-Roar
-Knock Off

Typical Rapid Spinner. Spins, then Roars the setter away.

Porygon2@Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
-Tri Attack
-Recover
-Toxic
-Conversion 2

My special wall. Yada, yada, yada, Toxic Stall, yada, yada, Recover.

Blastoise@Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 SpA
-Water Pulse
-Dragon Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse

Bulky Special guy. Really good coverage with all its moves.

Metagross@Air Balloon
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
-Stealth Rocks
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

Stealth Rocker and lead. Ice Punch is for Grass types.

Raikou@Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
-Thunderbolt
-Extrasensory
-Signal Beam
-Volt Switch

Typical. I think an experienced player would know this set.

Blissey@Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Soft-Boiled
-Toxic
-Heal Bell
-Seismic Toss

Four words: Toxic. Staller. Is. Indestructible.

Rate!

As a team you've made some great choices :)

Individually this is what I would change:

I'd give Donphan Thunder Fang for some coverage. Maybe take off Roar or Knock Off.

Your Porygon 2 build needs more coverage as well. Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball and Ice Beam are all good choices here as they take out heavy hitters like Salamence and Aegislash.

The only other thing I see is that Mega Blastoise is OU (of course, assuming you're building a UU team, as all the rest of them are UU).

But other than that, your team is looking good! Love that Blissey!

Replace toxic on Porygon with thunderwave to cover other statuses, that ways steels wont wall you entirely, at least you can paralyze them. Blissey has you covered for Toxic anyway. I do like the idea for conversion 2 as a surprising layer of stall but if people are setting up on you it may not be best. Coverage is the porygon family's specialty so I would look into running Ice beam at least for dragons and such.

As it is I would say the team is pretty solid though it lacks speedier mons, if Raikou is down, the rest of your team is mostly stall and just plain slow. Porygon and Blissey kind of have the same role really so I would consider swapping one out for something else. Something not weak to ground ideally since you have a couple of those already.

Note: Blissey hardly needs the HP EVs, toss those in Def for better survivability.

Last edited:
The only thing I've got to add to this outside what other people have said is Aura Sphere on Raikou rather than either Signal Beam or Extrasensory to give it wider coverage quite a few Ground types are paired with types weak to Fighting. You need to be getting rid of threats as quick as possible.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
As a team you've made some great choices :)

Individually this is what I would change:

I'd give Donphan Thunder Fang for some coverage. Maybe take off Roar or Knock Off.

Your Porygon 2 build needs more coverage as well. Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball and Ice Beam are all good choices here as they take out heavy hitters like Salamence and Aegislash.

The only other thing I see is that Mega Blastoise is OU (of course, assuming you're building a UU team, as all the rest of them are UU).

But other than that, your team is looking good! Love that Blissey!

All of this is completely wrong, so feel free to disregard it.

As for your team:

- Consider Ice Shard as a possible option on Donphan. Roar is the only move I'd consider replacing for it as everything else is too good to drop here.

- Thunder Wave is definitely a good choice for Porygon2 since Lucario recently arrived in UU and he'll quite happily Swords Dance or Nasty Plot all over your Pory2 and murder your team. I'd also stick a second attack over Conversion 2 just so that Porygon2 can fight back against Ghost and Steel-types, as the set is worthless against both.

- According to Showdown the only BL Mega Stones are Alakazite and Heracronite, so MegaBlastoise is allowed. Not much to say about the set really, it works well for what it is.

- Consider Bullet Punch on Metagross. Priority is teh gud.

- With MegaBlastoise already packing something resembling a Specs set, Raikou could potentially use a Substitute/Calm Mind set instead. If other people are running sets similar to your Porygon2 and Blissey, SubCM Raikou can freely set up on them and go ham on the rest of their team.

- If you're using this team on Showdown then Blissey can pack Wish + Protect to heal team-mates, and if you still want to keep Toxic then these two moves work even better since Protect adds a free turn of Toxic damage for you. Blissey has a fair bit of freedom moveset-wise so you can branch out into full support with Blissey if you find it works better.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
All of this is completely wrong, so feel free to disregard it.

As for your team:

- Consider Ice Shard as a possible option on Donphan. Roar is the only move I'd consider replacing for it as everything else is too good to drop here.

- Thunder Wave is definitely a good choice for Porygon2 since Lucario recently arrived in UU and he'll quite happily Swords Dance or Nasty Plot all over your Pory2 and murder your team. I'd also stick a second attack over Conversion 2 just so that Porygon2 can fight back against Ghost and Steel-types, as the set is worthless against both.

- According to Showdown the only BL Mega Stones are Alakazite and Heracronite, so MegaBlastoise is allowed. Not much to say about the set really, it works well for what it is.

- Consider Bullet Punch on Metagross. Priority is teh gud.

- With MegaBlastoise already packing something resembling a Specs set, Raikou could potentially use a Substitute/Calm Mind set instead. If other people are running sets similar to your Porygon2 and Blissey, SubCM Raikou can freely set up on them and go ham on the rest of their team.

- If you're using this team on Showdown then Blissey can pack Wish + Protect to heal team-mates, and if you still want to keep Toxic then these two moves work even better since Protect adds a free turn of Toxic damage for you. Blissey has a fair bit of freedom moveset-wise so you can branch out into full support with Blissey if you find it works better.

Donphan: Ice Shard. Sure.

Porygon: Toxic -> T-Wave & Conversion 2 -> Ice Beam.

Metagross: I considered Bullet Punch, but I am completely walled by grass unlass I have Ice Punch. Maybe Bullet Punch over Iron Head?

Raikou: I like the set right now, but I will test tour set and see how it goes.

Blissey: Alright, then maybe Wish + Protect over Seismic Toss and Heal Bell. I will see how this goes.

Thanks!!