• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS -~- Rate Future Team -~-

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the team i'm planning to make, and the moves i'm planing to teach them. I don't have these Pokemon YET, but I just want to know if this would be a good team. So, here goes...

Torterra
- Cut
- Wood Hammer\Leaf Storm
- Earthqauke
- Rock Climb

Blissey
- Softboiled
- Healing Wish
- Egg Bomb
- Rock Smash

Golduck
- Surf
- Screech
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt

Gengar
- Dark Pulse
- Strength
- Shadow Punch
- Sludge Bomb

Honchkrow
- Dark Pulse
- Fly
- Steel Wing
- Defog

Chimecho
- Flash
- Heal Bell
- Extrasensory
- Take Down

So? What are you waiting for? Rate it already! :)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Is this team supposed to be competitive? For fighting other people, not for fighting in-game, I mean.

Either way, you really should read here
HMs are understandable if it's a team for fighting in-game, so you'll have to make room for them [like you have] or get an HM slave.

Yeah, my team will be mainly for in-game, so it's essential to have them to progress in the game. I just want to know if I made a good choice of the Pokemon, and the combination of types.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Still try to follow that thread as well as you can... If you'd like to free up attack slots on your pokemon, see if you can trade for a Smeargle, Wingull/Pelipper, and I've heard that Bibarel makes a good HM slave.

Smeargle and Mew make the best HM slaves, as they can learn any of them. Smeargle just takes a bit more work than mew to get them on. PM me if you have Wifi, and I'll see how I can help there [since smeargle happens to be one of my favorite pokemon, I have loads of them]

Nah, I think i'll pass... Thanks anyway. :) I like my team as it is - I just want an opinion on their movesets.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
OK...I'm going to be blunt with you here - your movesets, even for in-game, range between mediocre and poor. Here's why:

- Both Torterra and Golduck have two attacks on their movesets that are of the same type. In nine out of ten cases, this is in no way beneficial, and will only hurt your type coverage. Make sure none of your Pokemon have two attacks of the same type on their movesets.

- A lot of your Pokemon don't have moves that suit their stats. Gengar having two physical attacks is not good since his Sp.Attack stat is approximately double that of his Attack stat. Blissey having any physical attacks at all besides Seismic Toss is ridiculous, since its Attack stat is one of the worst in the whole game. Chimecho is in the same boat as Gengar - it doesn't need Take Down when it's Sp.Attack outstrips its Attack by a considerable margin.

- You really need a HM Slave here. Gengar does not want Strength, Blissey doesn't want Rock Slide at all, Torterra would be a lot better off without Cut and Defog is a shoe in for most useless move in the game. Generally, I find having a team of less than 6 makes the game easier since my team levels up faster anyway, so consider cutting your team down to make space for HM Slaves such as Bibarel, and possibly a Flying-type Slave so that Honchkrow doesn't have to have his moveset choked by Defog.

- Finally, Healing Wish has more grounds in a competitive environment than an in-game one, since you generally have items in-game to help you out. Blissey having Healing Wish over Softboiled makes absolutely no sense anyway in-game since Softboiled can heal your team members itself.

Overall, I've seen worse - far worse - but that doesn't make your team good. Definitely take a look at the thread Ruko posted, since it will help you a lot.

Wow, that WAS blunt. :( Thanks for the advice though. :) I changed around some of the moves. Tell me what you think, is it atleast a LITTLE better? And what do you think about Flash? Is it worth taking up a moveslot to see where you're going a little bit better in caves? Because I can teach it to my Chimecho. What do you think? ???

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Wow, that WAS blunt.

Don't worry about it - it's just my way of giving advice to people. I feel that by pulling no punches with my criticism, I'm helping people more by giving a more accurate review of their team. :p

As for Flash, in-game I actually find it very useful for catching Legendaries. By completely blinding them with repeated Flashes, you don't have to worry about suffering their attacks whilst you try to capture them. I'd say it was worth having, especially if there's nothing else you'd use in its place.

On the subject of legendaries, make sure one of your team members has a Paralysis/Sleep move if you want to capture them - Dialga/Palkia don't need to be status-ed so much, but Pokemon like Giratina, Heatran and the Lake Trio will put up quite a fight to avoid capture, and Status moves are almost essential for capturing these guys.

It's ok, that's cool. :) Anyway, I replaced Healing Wish with Flash. And is it ok for a Pokemon to have only 2 or even 1 attack moves? And i'm not the kind of person that cares about catching legendaries, except for the main one of course (Diala\Paglia).

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
is it ok for a Pokemon to have only 2 or even 1 attack moves

Certainly - typically a more defense-oriented Pokemon will only wield two attacks at the very most in order to make space for support/status moves. As for Flash, it may come in handy against Dialga/Palkia anyway, even though they are a lot easier to deal with than other legendaries.

Ok, thanks for all the advice and help. :) It was very helpful. ;D I found what I needed... I geuss this topic can be locked.

For future reference, you can lock topics that you created. But at your request, I will lock this up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.