• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rank your DS WFC useage

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Which games do you play over the DS WFC ranked in order of most-to-least usage and favourite to least favourite? (Not the games themselves, just their online functions)

My usage order (for now):
1. Animal Crossing Wild World
2. Mario Kart DS
3. Tetris DS

Tetris DS probably would be above MK DS if I had more people to play it with.

Now, if I ranked which games I like playing most-to-least, MK DS and Tetris would be swapped for sure. MK DS is fun n' all, but only when there's 3-4 racers at a time. I don't care much for MK's World Wide search mode either. Just doesn't seem to mean as much if you aren't racing friends... even though I'm perfectly happy playing Tetris via the same mode. Go fig.

1. Tetris DS
2. Metroid Prime Hunters
3. Animal Crossing: Wild World
4. Mario Kart DS

Even though I play Mario Kart the most, the online mode can be pretty dull with few options. Animal Crosing isn't amazing, but its very entertaining. Metroid is a lot of fun, but the whole rivals thing is pretty stupid because its the only way to play all 7 modes instead of just battle. Tetris is the best, because you get three options, games are really easy to find, and it's Tetris online.

And yet you own Animal Crossing Wild World... Dude, what are you waiting for? ;)

Actually, I don't have the game anymore, but I did a lot of local connecting while I did have it. Even though it's possible to do the same stuff online, it's more fun at 2:00 am when you're in the same room.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, I don't have the game anymore, but I did a lot of local connecting while I did have it. Even though it's possible to do the same stuff online, it's more fun at 2:00 am when you're in the same room.

I don't even want to know where your game went *clings to her copy* but I whole-heartedly disagree! And I can, because I've done both WFC and local-connecting at the wee hours o' the morning ^^

The online bit of AC WW really added to the game IMO. Having it handheld and wireless did improve connecting in general, but once you go online you can virtually find anything you want, and it's fun visiting people's towns from all across teh world.

I mean, hey. It's called "Wild World" for a reason ;)