• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Raging Currents: Sem vs. Alex

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Lightning flashed, illuminating the area so what all was white for a mere moment, before fading, plunging the area back into coal gray. The sandy beach and rocks were besieged by rain and waves. The black clouds rumbled overhead, allowing little light to break through.

A creature made its way across the wet sand of the beach, footsteps making slight sloshes as it treaded. The creature was small, only about three feet tall. It looked like an otter walking on two legs, only the creature had deep blue fins protruding from its gray fur. One on its head and another at the end of his long tail, which when measured with the rest of the body made it almost six feet in length. There was another fin that ran along its spine, though it was hidden under a jet black hoodie, which on the creature more resembled a trench coat. Blue webbing sat between its three-fingered hands and two fingered feet, long whiskers of the same color came from either side of its otter-like head, whiskers that resembled those of a catfish. It was a unique creature, an aquamor, or lover of water.

The aquamor stopped as soon as another person came into view. The otterfish sniffed the air and flexed its fingers, as if testing the air around it. Waves crashed to the right of it, water barely reaching its toes. The creature breathed contently, as if soothed by the touch of the ocean, before directing its black eyes at the person across from it.

"Well, I'm here like you asked." Sem said calmly, adjusting his soaked hoodie sweater. "Now what did you want with me?"

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"Sem Aquais," Alex said, his voice sounding completely calm. "The non-human, looking to be some combination of otter and fish. Arms itself with gunblades and has a mastery over water." Alex raised his head to look at his opponent. "Honestly, I expected something... bigger."

Alex was an almost impressive feature. He would be impressive, if it weren't for his ability to dress down somewhat. In fact, his most distinctive feature right now was his hair - shoulder length, straight and aqua blue in colour, with one strand that stuck up slightly compared to the rest. He was dressed in his combat outfit - a plain white t-shirt, underneath a black body-warmer with far too many pockets, and plain black combat pants, again with many pockets. Hanging around his waist was a belt with a number of pouches, and he was wearing heavy-looking combat boots.

"Your mastery of water is impressive, no doubt about that," Alex said, running a finger over one of the blades hanging at his waist. "However... I want to test to see if you're worthy of using that power. Sem Aquais, show me your strongest power."

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Sem was silent for a moment, replaying the words that he had just heard. "...What?" He thought it over a bit. "I'm being tested to see if I'm worthy? Who are you to determine who is and isn't worthy?" he glared. "I know you think much of yourself, but really..."

Lightning flashed once more, briefly bathing the area pure white once more. A wave crashed onto the sands. Another wave crashed onto the rocks. Sem focused on the sounds, syncing himself with the current and the rhythm of it. He stood absolutely still, listening until he felt one with the sea. The waves came bigger and crashed louder. The tide rose, submerging the aquamor up to his knees.

He inhaled deeply and said, "Let's go then," he exhaled, and in that moment a wave at least a dozen meters high rushed forth from the sea. Sem held up his right arm to the sea, not even looking at it, causing the water to split around him when it neared. Alex had probably avoided it somehow, but it was more a demonstration to show that Sem would be serious, and would not go easy.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Alex laughed. It was a cruel laugh, almost sadistic, but sounding more mocking. He clicked his fingers, and suddenly the wave fell short, landing a fair few meters from him. Not even a drop of water touched him. He reached for his belt, pulling out a dagger and assuming a defensive stance.

"Sem, surely you got some kind of information on me?" Alex asked, his tone irritatingly mocking. "You didn't run into battle without know who your opponent would be?" Alex laughed again, then clicked his fingers. Suddenly, his mastery of water was evident - at least a dozen giant icicle appeared around Sem. With another click of his fingers, Alex made all of move, rocketing towards Sem, ready to impale him.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
"I know very well who you are." Sem replied, holding out his hand and stopping the flurry of icicles from impaling him. "And you can't really blame me, I didn't think I'd be fighting you." The icicles melted and formed together into a ring at orbited Sem. "How either of us will manage to get the edge over the other is going to be interesting." The ring fell to the sand.

Hold out his arms loosely, he focused on the area around Alex's feet and closed his hands into fists. Water rose from the sands around the man's feet and froze in an attempt to trap him. The sound of a blade being drawn was heard as Sem pulled out a gunblade and fired.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The ice succeeded in trapping Alex, and the bullet found its mark, embedding itself in Alex's chest. However, the water adept did not have any reaction whatsoever, apparently. He just stood there, looking impassive.
"Unfortunately for you, water is not my only speciality," Alex's voice said from behind Sem. The Alex trapped in ice seemed to flicker and fade out of view, revealing a small boulder instead. The real Alex was stood a fair distance behind Sem, a kunai in one hand, a number of shuriken in the other.

"Surely, this is not a contest of who has the better water mastery," Alex said, tossing his Kunai into the air and clicking his fingers. As he did, a pillar of ice formed in the air and shot down, hoping to squash the otterfish. Alex caught the kunai, then spun and threw three star-shaped shuriken at Sem, hopefully making enough use of the distraction to at least scratch him.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
The aquamor looked at the incoming pillar and shoved his arms towards it. Cracking filled the air as the center of the pillar hollowed out, the excess ice raining down on the area.

The column met it's mark, though with the center missing Sem was by no means crushed. The otterfish ran up the inside of the pillar, shuriken simply embedded themselves in the ice. Sem flew out of the top of the column and drew his second gunblade. He found Alex, or what he hoped was Alex, and opened fired, sending a barrage of bullets down at the water adept as he fell back to earth.

A tendril of water caught Sem, making his landing on the sand soft and easy. He ran towards Alex, guns still blazing, and slashed at him when he neared using both blades.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Even before Sem had started his attack on the pillar, Alex was moving his hands quickly, forming a series of symbols in rapid succession. Even as Sem was racing up the pillar, he did not stop with the hand symbols, or even react to the bullets that were raining down on him. The reason for this was clear - as soon as the bullets got too close, they bounced off of an invisible wall.

Quickly, Alex pulled out two kunai with the few seconds left to him before Sem slashed. With amazing reflexes, he blocked both blades, then sent them sliding off the kunai, hopefully causing Sem to stagger. In his moment of opportunity, he reverse-spin kicked the creature.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
OOC: Lol it's not funny how badly dead this thing is.

BIC:

Sem sneered as his slashes were blocked. Seeing the opposing blades sliding against his own, the aquamor reacted before stumbling into the sand. He jumped, landing squarely on the swinging leg and shot a gunblade at Alex at point-blank-range.

The otterfish kicked off the leg, summoning dozens of frozen spikes from the ground while still airborne, each of them jutting towards the human. The damp sand sloshed around his feet as he landed. Then, taking the large ice pillar from before, he launched it at Alex.

(Yeah, blah and fail, but eh.)