• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Quest To The Raka Region

Discussion thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/quest-to-the-raka-region-discussion.18529/

Kaleb walked onto the deck of the cruise ship. “I miss this feeling,” he said to himself. He left his eggs in his room; they weren’t allowed to hatch them until they reached the island. They were allowed to have up to one old partner on their team, but he decided he would only keep Bolt with him until the first egg hatched. His brothers were also on the ship, along with an old friend.

Kaleb used to rush into battles on the ships sailing towards his destination, but he didn’t this time for two reasons: he only had Bolt with him, and he was more wary anyways after what happened during the war. He saw a few people on the ship besides his brothers that he recognized from an old adventure. He walked up behind her.

“Quilla?” he asked. He remembered her distinctly from the double battles they participated in on the island of Froena. “It’s been a while.”

She left her eggs in the room as well as she went to explore the ship she boarded as she was going to an island not knowing whether Pokemon lived there so she had to find out herself to see. She saw a couple of people she was unfamilar with as she walked on the deck seeing everyone as she decided to lean against the wall next to the door as she looked out at the ocean scenery thinking slightly. "-I wonder what I will find on this island with the six eggs I received from the Professor's that was sent to my office in my company-" she smiled gently as she loved to befriend Pokemon she can start a journey with. She placed her hair up as the wind was blowing it everywhere as she fixed her glasses.

Rosalina was on the top deck of the ship, her hands holding a book as she slowly muttered the words to herself. Her eyes scanning the page as she flipped to the next, her hands running across the inked paper as she read quietly. After a while she sighed closing the book and placing it in her messenger bag, standing up she turning around and looked out to the open sea "Its so beautiful" she muttered. Her long white hair was picked up by the wind softly blowing behind her as her hands clamped around the ship's rails.

Quilla sighed, 'I must really have something wrong with my head. The last time I went to explore a region by cruise ship it sunk, and yet here I am again... Ah... oh well, managed to survive once, it can't be too hard to do it again...right?'

It didn't really matter right now though, she was already aboard the ship so getting cold feet really wasn't going to help. Suddenly she heard her name being called out in a rather familiar voice. Turning around she brushed a few stray hairs out of her eyes, just a ways away was Kaleb. She smirked at him, "Yea, it's been quite a while, I'm surprised I'm not the only one crazy enough to be on another cruise ship after Froena."

Turning her head Rosalina looked at the people talking, her hands let go of the guardrail and she walked closer, her small hight very noticeable "I've heard of that name before, Froena, my friends talked about it before" she mumbled twiddling her fingers. Her eyes were glued to the floor as she didn't dare look up "Do you know a Spade or Ace by any chance?" she mumbled once more.

She was approached by an unfamiliar male that was a fan of her company "omg are you Lara that runs the Eevee Star organization?" he asked. She smiled "Yes I am can't believe you recognized young sir?" "Of course I recoginzed you your famous!" "shh not so loud I don't want any attention from others" she smiled gently as she has a long talk with the male while the ship was moving to the destination as he nodded.

“Well, you’re not as bad as me,” he said. “This is my third cruise since then, and the last one also crashed. And yes, we know Ace and Spade, they were with me on that cruise, too. Also, this happened.”

He pointed up to where his right eye used to be. All that was left in its place was a scar across an empty socket in his face. It stretched from the top right corner of his eyebrow to just below the bottom left corner of his eye.

“Got this during the war,” he said. “But I got my revenge by burying my sword in his stomach. I’m a changed man now. Way more wary, way less rushing.”

Rosalina sighed, her hands falling to her sides "Oh uhm well, they told me to tell you their sorry they couldn't make it but they wanted to train for awhile back home" she said softly. Her eyes darted from Kaleb to Quilla back to the ground "They're the ones that sent me on this cruise telling me that I needed to get out more".

Quilla winced, How did I not notice that before?
The wound looked nasty, to say the least, but she had to admit it gave Kaleb an air of maturity and roguishness. She was a bit curious about this 'war', but she wasn't going to poke an open-wound. Thus she completely avoided the topic,
"I'm glad you're okay in spite of things."

Turning to Rosalina Quilla smirked,
"Considering the last two cruise ships they went on sunk, and then they put you on a cruise ship...do you think they're trying to take you out?"
Playfully smiling she immediately followed up, "Sorry, too heavy a joke? I'm Quilla Mirage, nice to meetcha. Just wanted a more...formal introduction."

Sticking out her hand she gestured for a handshake.

Rosalina looked up at Quilla, after shaking her hand softly she pulled her hand back "Rosalina White, nice to meet you as well" she replied, her hands going back to fiddling in front of her "But you know, its about a 12% chance for people to die in a boat crash, your percentage keeps getting higher, I-I would suggest stopping taking boats for a while after this because you have a 36% chance now" she pointed out looking at the two again.

“Well, the last boat I was on didn’t sink, so I’m not gonna be 4-for-4 anytime soon,” Kaleb said. “I gotta make a call to Sycamore. Be right back.” He walked to his room. He checked on the eggs, and called Sycamore.

“Hey, we’re almost at the island. I know I said that the last two times, and I know those ships sunk. It’s not gonna happen that way this time, I know it. The third cruise ship I was on didn’t sink, so what makes you think this one will? Alright, fine, I admit that makes sense. Okay. I’ll call you when we arrive. Bye.”

Rosalina sighed her head turning to the side to watch as the sea trailed behind them "I wonder what my eggs will hatch into" she mumbled before turning back to the others "Any idea on what you would like your new team to be?". Her hair blew into her face making her push it behind her ear "I think I would like a bug type on my team, bug types always fascinated me" she thought aloud.

She smiled as once the boy left she went to go check on her eggs however she wasn't looking to where she was going and had bumped into someone as she fell onto the floor placing her hand on her hand as it seems she had bumped into a young man with a scar on his eye. "-ow what?-" "omg I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bump into you I wasn't looking to where I was going" she said still on the ground.-

Quilla pondered for a while, her fingers sliding across her lips. "The only Pokemon I have on me now is Lopunny, and since I'll be sending her back as soon as we land I'd like another normal-type to hatch from one of those eggs. Though I'm not picky, I'll make do with what I have." Leaning against the railings, her hands tightly gripping the sun-warmed metal, she murmured, "and also a water type in case this ship sinks..." Call her paranoid but she wasn't about to ignore the possibility especially considering the 'luck' of the people onboard.

Isaac woke up in his room. The ship rocked from side to side softly. His eggs were in their respective capsules. One shook just a little and it wasn't from the ship. He had chosen Noivern to accompany him on the ship since she could help with transportation. Plus she was very good with baby Pokemon. Almost like a mother. He got her Pokeball and headed out. He saw some familiar faces
and decided to say hello. "Kaleb? Hey, its Isaac!" he yelled across the ship.

Kaleb didn’t even flinch when bumped. “It’s fine,” he said to Lara. “And hey, Isaac. It’s been a while.” He remembered the adventures they had together. “Sorry if I seem less friendly than usual. The war really changed who I am, especially because of this.” He pointed towards the scar.

She stood up as she went to check on the eggs then made a call to her organization. She told them she was still on the ship not knowing when she would arrive yet. After the long talk she ended the call and sighed then walked back to the desk seeing the group. "You guys seem to be really good friends and have experienced a lot I can easily tell" she gave a soft smile thinking back to her friends she made along the years as she sighed but kept a smile up as what happened to them was a bit tragic. "-Why them of all people?-" she asked herself in thought holding back her tears.-

Rosalina nodded "But it would have to hatch first" she mumbled tapping her fingers together. The sea breeze had a chill to it, making the small girl shiver "I'm glad I packed my winter clothes, do we know if the island is going to be cold or not?" she asked.

Halt stood on the highest point of the cruise ship with Lucario. "How many of these trips go wrong, huh?" He asked his pokemon. It nodded to the statement. "Yea, and many people are here, most we know." Pointing down to Issac and Kaleb. "They're here. So, I guess somethings gonna happen." He twisted his watch around. So much in a short life. When is life going to end?

"Well that is true, but I don't think it'll be much longer till they hatch..."

Thinking back to her own eggs, which would wobble and spasm with surprising frequency, she deduced it would be a fairly accurate statement to say they'd hatch 'soon'. Though on second thought every trainer had brought 5 or 6 eggs with them, she herself had 6 eggs and her Lopunny. It really did discourage her desire to catch any more Pokemon if she started with a full team. Stuffing Pokemon in PC boxes really wasn't her way of doing things, but finding space for each Pokemon to run free was quite the dilemma. The next time she met her brother she'd suggest moving to accommodate all the new family members.

Isaac knew Kaleb wasn't in the mood to be friendly and didn't want to overstep any boundaries so he held back the questions and would save them for later. "So are you guys ready to get to Raka?" Isaac asked intently. Isaac hadn't seen a new region since he visited Sinnoh. Sinnoh was so beautiful, that he hopes Raka could live up to it or even beat it out.

She had watched the scenary while on the boat as she was in thought of what Pokemon would hatch from the eggs and raise them like her own. "-What will I expect in the region of Raka I wonder-" she thought as she smiled. She also thought if she would make friends like that group over there I don't know if they will replace the ones I lost though-" she sighed again as she fixed her glasses as a suddenly wind blew through. She sighed once again as she left the deck to the other side where it was empty as she leaned on the rail looking down at the water then up at the sky. "-Feels lonely without you guys here-"she thought as she took out as she took out a photo of her close friends she had lost when the old building she had worked previously burster into flames when she wasn't around as she was the only surviver to get out of there. "I suppose....the Pokemon from those eggs will be my family now.."she said more softly as she heard the Wingull flying above.-

Last edited:
"Well, whatever it looks like, it can't be too bad." Her limpid grey eyes swept over the ocean waves. The wind, gently caressing her features, more often than not flipped her hair into her eyes in a way that was both ticklish, and slightly irritating. With another clearing sweep of her hand, she freed her vision and turned to look at Isaac. "You said your name was...Isaac, right? I'm Quilla, pleased to make your acquaintance."

Halt kept his eyes out at the people down below. A quick leap lead the duo on a slide down the side of the cruise ship, in a fassion similar to what they did on their first trip together. The two ended up behind Issac, making next to no noise, which was otherwise covered by the sea. Halt lifted one finger over his lips to keep Quilla quiet. A grin slowly grew across Halt's face.

"Likewise." he told her. Hopefully the rest of the people on the ship were as cordial as she was. Other than Kaleb, he hasn't seen anyone on the ship that he recognized. He didn't even see Halt. It had been forever since he saw him. Who knows, maybe he got stronger. Isaac felt a presence come behind him but disregarded it.

“Hey Isaac, looks like you got a shadow!” Kaleb called from across the ship, grinning. He shot a devilish look at Halt and chuckled silently. ‘This is gonna be hilarious,’ he thought to himself. ‘We’re gonna get a reaction out of this like none other.’

She looked at the sky as she was wondering when this ship will get to the destination but she wasn't rushing as she stood there alone feeling lonely but didn't let that bother her as she continued to look down at the ocean seeing the Goldeen jumping in and out of the water as she smiled thinking of a Deerling to be her partner in winter form hopefully she will get one from the six eggs she recieved. As she thought that she walked out from the deck into her room seeing the six eggs on the floor surrounded by pillows that were all in capsules as she smiled before closing the door as she walked back to the empty deck leaning on the rail again as she sat down on top of the rail.

Halt caught the look from Kaleb, and sent one way worse back, the silver hair bringing out the glare. He reached forward and covered Isaac's mouth. "Don't move." Halt said in a voice entirely different than his normal voice. Way deeper and more evil.

Kaleb laughed so hard that he let go of the railing and fell down on the deck in laughter. He couldn’t get up, he was laughing too hard. He never saw Halt acting this funny, not even when he was in the brightest of moods. Bolt looked at his trainer, worried. “Don’t worry, nothing’s wrong,” Kaleb reassured Bolt, still on the floor laughing. “It’s just old friends making me laugh, that’s all.”

Rosalina turned her head "Uhm" her eyes shot to the ground "T-thats funny?" she questioned looking back at Kaleb. She never been outside her house and this is her first time even really seeing pokemon other then the twins, her parents kept her locked up saying "Pokemon are bad, all they do is attack" but she never really listened since Spade showed her how it really was.

Isaac reacted immediately grasping behind him and kicking. When he realized it was only Halt, he was a little more at ease but he was still angry with him. "Halt! What was that for? You had me thinking I was going to be hauled off to who knows where and never seen again!" he said angrily. "But it's nice to see you again, Halt." Isaac greeted.

Kaleb laughed even harder at Isaac’s reaction. “Don’t worry, Rosalina, they're just friends messing around,” he said. He finally got the strength to get up and called down to the group, who were on the lower deck of the ship below the rail he had been grasping. “Not even intimidated by the scar, eh, Halt?” he asked. “Same ol’ Halt I've known for, what is it, eight years now?” Kaleb slid down the rail, followed by Bolt, who ran down the rail behind him. They landed right next to Halt. “Nice prank, by the way,” he added.

Quilla covered her mouth to hide a snicker, "It was a bit of harmless fun, well, as long as no one goes barrelling over the railings..." She cast a cautious glance at Isaac before turning to Halt. Smothering him with the brightest smile she could, "It's been years, how are you?" Her gaze wandered over her old friends, soaking in the changes left from past experiences.

"Yes, it was a good little prank, Halt," Isaac praised ", but do that again and we'll see who takes a little tumble." Isaac said with a smile. "Anyways, what are you guys planning on doing once we dock in Raka? I'm gonna go fly around with Noivern and see if the architecture is as good as Kalos'." Isaac informed. Noivern's ball rocked a little bit when he mentioned her but then went back to staying still.

She actually saw what happened as she chuckled a bit as she covered her mouth from the prank from the guy named Halt as she leaned against the door way but then leaned off it as she walked over to the group but kept a bit of distance. "You guys seem to be very good friends it must be nice to have those who care for you so much" she smiled hiding her pain and sadness of losing her own friends.

Isaac saw the girl standing a little ways from where their group was. "Hi there!" Isaac greeted eagerly. He kind of regretted sounding so excited. The girl looked happy, but Isaac knew when someone was hiding something. He didn't want to approach her feelings just in case she didn't want to reveal what she was feeling deep down. He tried to be a bit more sensitive. "Whats your name? Maybe you'd like to join us." Isaac offered.

She saw the boy walk up to her with the Noivern "Greetings I'm Lara, I'm the owner of EeveeStar an organization that brings in and helps and brings Pokemon that have been abandoned, abused, or need to recover and learn to trust people again but I'm also a research and also you sure you don't mind me joining you I mean if its ok with your other friends" she smiled.

"Well I'm sure they wouldn't mind you coming to join us. Also, my name is Isaac. Nice to meet you." Isaac introduced properly. Isaac walked over to their group eager for Lara to follow him. "Don't worry, they don't bite." Isaac teased playfully. "Hopefully you can see my Noivern in battle. She's quite impressive if I do say so myself." he told her.

She smiled "Your Noivern is a very magnificent Dragon type and has a weakness against ice and its own type but there stats are incredible" she smiled seeing how beautiful the Noivern was. "So Issac how long have you guys been friends?" she asked as she was thinking back on how she was with her friends on a ship like this.

Halt stepped forward to intercept. "Long story, one you need not to hear about me." He had changed much in the past years, especially through his work with the International Police. "All you need to know is we go way back. Any specifics, I'm training to be an Aura Guardian." He left it at that, letting Lucario walk forward. It manipulated the aura to speak to Halt, "So, she's new. What's the plan? Smash her?"