1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QuagsireQing Does Europe

Discussion in 'Small Talk' started by QuagsireQing, May 24, 2006.

1. Rest easy, Canada: QuagsireQing will be out of the country for a whole TWO WEEKS! By 7:45 pm On Thursday, May 25, I'll be settled down in the south of Germany for the first week of my adventures in Europeland.

After one week in Germany, I'll be spending a half-week each in London and Paris, with brief trips to Normandy and Oxford. The latter half is already chock-full of activities, but the first week begs the question...WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!

Any suggestions as to fun (and nearby...not that that means much, since compared to Canada, EVERYTHING is nearby in Europe) stuff to do on a budget? Half the intelligent life on this board resides on the continent and must have some ideas.

MORE IMPORTANTLY: which games should I get? I definitely NEED to get a European game while I'm over there, either for DS or GBA, but are there any games that I CAN'T get over here?

2. Prof. Cinders

Prof. Cinders Mathemagician
    Staff Member Administrator

I wouldn't recommend getting any games in Germany or France, they'd all be like what my mp3 player was like (took me a while to work out that egaliser meant equaliser... Even though I do french GCSE... Yes). So wait 'til you get to the UK for that. ;) Germany holds many things, including, I dunno, historical monuments and stuff. I've only been there once, and that was in the Rheinland.

3. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

DON'T MENTION THE WAR!

4. Prof. Cinders

I didn't. You did.

5. I know enough to make sure I look as much like an American as possible when I'm in France. Maybe since I'm fluent in French I'll pick up a copy of Pokémon Version Emeraude and train my favourite Pokémon, Maraiste...just for kicks.

And...what war we talkin' 'bout?

#5 QuagsireQing, May 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  6. Prof. Cinders

Both the World Wars. You know, 1 and 2? The second one being with Hitler? *promptly shuts up*

Do enjoy your trips. :p