• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

QuagsireQing Does Europe

Rest easy, Canada: QuagsireQing will be out of the country for a whole TWO WEEKS! By 7:45 pm On Thursday, May 25, I'll be settled down in the south of Germany for the first week of my adventures in Europeland.

After one week in Germany, I'll be spending a half-week each in London and Paris, with brief trips to Normandy and Oxford. The latter half is already chock-full of activities, but the first week begs the question...WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!

Any suggestions as to fun (and nearby...not that that means much, since compared to Canada, EVERYTHING is nearby in Europe) stuff to do on a budget? Half the intelligent life on this board resides on the continent and must have some ideas.

MORE IMPORTANTLY: which games should I get? I definitely NEED to get a European game while I'm over there, either for DS or GBA, but are there any games that I CAN'T get over here?

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
I wouldn't recommend getting any games in Germany or France, they'd all be like what my mp3 player was like (took me a while to work out that egaliser meant equaliser... Even though I do french GCSE... Yes). So wait 'til you get to the UK for that. ;) Germany holds many things, including, I dunno, historical monuments and stuff. I've only been there once, and that was in the Rheinland.

I know enough to make sure I look as much like an American as possible when I'm in France. Maybe since I'm fluent in French I'll pick up a copy of Pokémon Version Emeraude and train my favourite Pokémon, Maraiste...just for kicks.

And...what war we talkin' 'bout?

Last edited by a moderator:

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Both the World Wars. You know, 1 and 2? The second one being with Hitler? *promptly shuts up*

Do enjoy your trips. :p