• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Project X Zone: Operation Cross (Discussion/Sign-Ups)

THE ULTIMATE CROSSOVER RETURNS!
For those of you unaware what Project X Zone is, it's an action RPG featuring SEGA, Capcom and Namco characters with a few Nintendo cameos. All in all, it's the ultimate video game crossover. Perfect for a roleplaying community that loves crossovers, huh?
The basis for Project X Zone is that you control a variety of character pairs that are never separated and always fight together, with a third solo unit able to join any pair they wish. So when you're creating a character, if it's a main character you're actually making two. Well, you're not MAKING one per say since this is all canon characters but... STILL.
This RP works alongside the canon of all of the universes it's part of, so don't be afraid to mention spoilers for the game the character comes from unless you're pulling them from a specific part of their timeline. Alright, so let's get started!
1) Follow the regular RP rules.
2) Ideally most characters should come from SEGA, Capcom and Namco properties, but a few Nintendo and third-party characters are allowed. Just don't overdo it!
3) This takes place outside of the timeline for the rest of the Project X Zone games, since I only have PXZ1 and haven't beaten it yet.
4) If you read all the rules say Tenzai Ninjitsu somewhere in one of your forms.
5) Please, try not to make the characters overpowered...
6) Suggestions for the direction of the plot and areas are fine, but don't overdo it! If you're worried about one of your characters not having a place to join in yet, don't force them. I've got a plan.
Names:
Ages:
Genders:
Appearances:
Source Game(s):
Weapons:
Allies:
Enemies:
Extra:
Name:
Appearance:
Source Game:
Weapon:
Allies:
Enemies:
Extra:
I've also got some suggested team pairings to look out for. If you don't have anyone you want to take yet, then check the list to see if you can RP as any of the PXZ mainstays or important newcomers!
(Bold text indicates characters that have appeared before in PXZ)
KOS-MOS and T-Elos (Xenosaga)
Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Nia [Blade Form] (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Tora and Poppi (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Morag Ladair and Brighid (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
Chrom and Lucina (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Robin (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Amy Rose (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Shadow the Hedgehog and Rouge the Bat (Sonic the Hedgehog)
E-123 Omega (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Vyse and Aika (Skies of Arcadia)
Segata Sanshiro (Segata Sanshiro)
Raphael/Phantom R (Rhythm Thief & The Emperor's Treasure)
Rock/Mega Man and Blues/Proto Man (Mega Man)
Tempo/Quake Woman (Mega Man)
Mega Man X and Zero (Mega Man X)
Axl (Mega Man X)
Ryu and Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
Frank West and Hsein-Ko (Dead Rising and Darkstalkers)
Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
Demitri Maximoff and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry)
Trish (Devil May Cry)
Riela Marceris and Kurt Irving (Valkyria Chronicles III)
Imca (Valkyria Chronicles III)

Apollo Justice and Nahyuta Sahdmadhi (Ace Attorney)
Trucy Wright (Ace Attorney)
Miles Edgeworth and Dick Gumshoe (Ace Attorney)
Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
Akira Yuki and Pai Chan (Virtua Fighter)
Zephyr and Leanne (Resonance of Fate)
Vashyron (Resonance of Fate)

Thor Odinson (Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite)
Jin Kazama and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
Heihachi (Tekken)
Kite and Blackrose (.hack)
Soma Schicksal and Alisa Ilinichina Amiella (God Eater)
Lindow Amamiya (God Eater)
Arthur (Ghosts and Goblins)
Valkyrie (The Adventure of Valkyrie)

Professor Hershel Layton and Luke Triton (Professor Layton)
Nylocke (TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise)
Zetto and Kizuna (TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise)
Gamecrazed (TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise)
Shovel Knight and Shield Knight (Shovel Knight)
Black Knight (Shovel Knight)
(Bold text indicates characters that have appeared before in PXZ)
Maverick (Project X Zone: Operation Cross): @Godjacob
Chun-Li and Morrigan Aensland (Street Fighter and Darkstalkers):
Shulk and Fiora (Xenoblade Chronicles): @Eeveechu151
Dunban (Xenoblade Chronicles): @Eeveechu151
Melia and Riki (Xenoblade Chronicles): @Rohan Kishibe
Ike and Mist (Fire Emblem): @Lucas Inazumai
Sonic the Hedgehog and Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic the Hedgehog): @GreninjaTrainer013
Silver the Hedgehog and Blaze the Cat (Sonic the Hedgehog): @Eeveechu151
Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik and Metal Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog): @Eeveechu151
Infinite the Jackal (Sonic the Hedgehog): @Eeveechu151
Sakura Shinguji and Ichigo Ogami (Sakura Wars): @Godjacob
Bass (Mega Man): @Lucas Inazumai
Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey (Ace Attorney): @Eeveechu151
Athena Cykes (Ace Attorney): @Eeveechu151
Yuri Lowell and Estellise "Estelle" Sidos Heurassein (Tales of Vesperia): @Eeveechu151
Naoto Shirogane and Kanji Tatsumi (Persona): @Lucas Inazumai
Pac-Man (Pac-Man): @Rohan Kishibe
Iron Man and Captain America (Marvel vs Capcom): @Eeveechu151
Luffy/Usopp (One Piece: Burning Blood): @Rohan Kishibe
Alpha and Flamegirl (TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise): @Eeveechu151
Ruby Rose and Ragna the Bloodedge (RWBY and BlazBlue/BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle): @Fraseandchico
Ezio Auditore and Leonardo da Vinci (Assassin's Creed): @Eeveechu151

Here's some of my characters!
Names: Shulk and Fiora
Ages: 18
Genders: Male and Female
Appearances:
latest

Source Game(s): Xenoblade Chronicles
Weapons: Monado, Dual Knives
Allies: Dunban, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Riki,
Enemies: Dickson, Lorithia, Zanza, the Mechon
Extra: Shulk's Monado doesn't reappear normally - it happens as a result of the Crossing.
Name: Dunban
Appearance:
latest

Source Game: Xenoblade Chronicles
Weapon: Katana
Allies: Shulk, Fiora, Reyn, Sharla, Melia, Riki
Enemies: Dickson, Lorithia, Zanza, the Mechon
Names: Silver the Hedgehog and Blaze the Cat
Ages: 14
Genders: Male and female
Appearances:
silver_and_blaze__partners_in_time_by_hypersonic172-dbpwpfx.png

Source Game(s): Sonic the Hedgehog
Weapons: Psychokinesis, Pyrokinesis
Allies: Professor von Schlemmer, Team Sonic, Team Dark, Team Rose
Enemies: Dr. Eggman, Eggman Nega, The Ifrit, Iblis, Mephiles, Infinite
Extra: The way these two fit into the timeline is a bit iffy, but I'm going with an Archie Comics version of Silver's future where alterations to past events cause alterations to Silver's time, and on one of these alterations Blaze appeared and traveled with him on his time-hopping travels.
Names: Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik and Metal Sonic
Ages: 50-something, about 8.
Genders: Male and genderless-but-appears-male
Appearances:
eggman_and_metal_sonic__coloring_commission__by_herms85-d86i5dr.jpg

Weapons: Egg Mobile and built-in weapons, adaptable robots, Metal Sonic himself
Allies: Eggman Empire, Infinite, Orbot, Cubot
Enemies: Team Sonic, Team Dark, Team Rose, Silver, Blaze, G.U.N., Chaotix
Extra: Eggman and Metal Sonic start this RP as one of the villains.
Name: Zero "Infinite" the Jackal
Appearance:
latest

Source Game: Sonic Forces
Weapon: Phantom Ruby
Allies: Eggman Empire, Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic
Enemies: Team Sonic, Team Dark, G.U.N.
Extra: The Crossover causes the Phantom Ruby to return to Infinite, restoring his power.
Names: Phoenix Wright and Maya Fey
Ages: 35 and 28
Appearances:
latest
(Phoenix is on the right instead of the first name being on the left like it usually is)
Source Game(s): Ace Attorney
Weapons: Spirit channeling, evidence
Allies: Wright Anything Agency, Sahdmadhi Law Offices, Prosecutor's Office, Khura'in Royal Family, Larry Butz
Enemies: Manfred von Karma, Dahlia Hawthorne, Shelly de Killer, Ga'ran Sigatur Khura'in, The Phantom, Kristoph Gavin
Extra: Phoenix and Maya have appeared in PXZ before, but only as a solo unit. Now they're getting top billing!
Name: Athena Cykes
Appearance:
latest

Source Game: Ace Attorney
Weapon: Widget, new emotion projectors
Allies: Wright Anything Agency, Sahdmadhi Law Offices, Prosecutor's Office, Khura'in Royal Family
Enemies: The Phantom, Ga'ran Sigatur Khura'in
Extra: While Phoenix and Maya may have been in PXZ before, Athena's a newcomer. Wonder what her analytical psychology can bring to the table...?
Names: Yuri Lowell and Estellise "Estelle" Sidos Heurassein
Ages: 21 and 18
Appearances:
09614d8e1b8c9b961ef00482b8a91bd0-650-80.jpg

Source Game(s): Tales of Vesperia
Weapons: Yuri uses a sword and axe, while Estelle uses a sword, shield and magic rod.
Allies: Brave Vesperia (Karol Capel, Repide, Rita Mordio, Raven, Judith), Flynn Scifo
Enemies: Commandant Alexei, Duke, the Adephagos
Extra: Yuri's been fighting in the lead since PXZ1, but Estelle was pushed back to a support role in the second game. Now she's back fighting alongside Yuri like they were when it began!
Names: Tony Stark/Iron Man and Steve Rogers/Captain America
Ages: Late 30s, early 20s (well technically just under a hundred years)
Genders: Male and male.
Appearances:
latest
il_570xN.1254904667_gbym.jpg

Source Game(s): Marvel vs Capcom
Weapons: Iron Man Armor, Vibranium Star Shield
Allies: The Avengers, S.H.I.E.L.D., Stark Industries, Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier, T'challa/Black Panther
Enemies: Justin Hammer, Hammer Inc., A.I.M., The Mandarin, Crimson Dynamo, Red Skull, Hydra, the list goes on and on...
Extra: MvC is a Capcom game. It counts. It's a stretch, but it counts.
Names: Micheal [Username: Alpha] and Stephanie [Username: Flamegirl]
Ages: Late teens
Genders: Male and female
Appearances:

Source Game(s): TOME: Terrain of Magical Expertise (but the show since the game version isn't out yet)
Weapons: n/a
Allies: The Dandy Alliance (Nylocke, Gamecrazed, Zetto), Netkings (Webmaster, Bitshrum, Kindarspirit, Execk), Saturndiva, Whyti, Asterob, Sniperwheel
Enemies: Rubirules, Tigerlily, D-Buggers.org
Names: Ezio Auditore da Firenze and Leonardo da Vinci
Ages: 48 and 55
Genders: Male
Appearances:
ezio_and_leonardo_by_hinoe_0-d5hmw7w.jpg

Source Game(s): Assassin's Creed II/Brotherhood
Weapons: Hidden Blades, Sword of Altair, throwing knives, smoke bombs, poison darts, wheellock firearm, crossbow, Leonardo's war machines
Allies: The Brotherhood
Enemies: The Templars
I'm gonna invite some people. How about... @Rohan Kishibe, @Godjacob,
@GreninjaTrainer013, @DopeLeafeon470, @Glûk the Bard, @Lucas Inazumai, @Stargrounds, @Takumeme666420 and @Fraseandchico?

Last edited:
I decided to change the character form format since I realized the old one was meant for a video game, not for an RP. I made the necessary modifications here.

And yes, I do have goddamn Ezio Auditore as one of my characters. Whatcha gonna do about it? (If someone wants to use a Ubisoft character then it can't be from Assassin's Creed unless it's a solo unit)
Also, I'm changing my restrictions on what is and isn't allowed in terms of characters. If it's a SEGA, Capcom or Namco Bandai character it's pretty much approved, but for any other series the permissions vary.

Segata Sanshiro (Segata Sanshiro)

I assume since we're using the meme-power Segata if he is in the story how do we prevent him from being a story breaker character?

Also, is there any character limitation to this? Capcom, Sega & Namco appear to be OK but you said some Nintento is fine and there appears to be some Marvel characters. Does that mean we could also pull even more characters from those and perhaps anything that Capcom has had a crossover fighting game with? Like SNK & Tatsunoko. I have some freedom and am quite interested so I just want to know what the range here is.

SNK/Tatsunoko could work by the same stretches as Marvel does, and Nintendo guys are primarily there because Xenoblade and Xenosaga were made by Monolith Soft, the same guys who developed PXZ in the first place. And there's also some other characters not associated with the three main companies in there, like TOME and Assassin's Creed. But y'know, I approved them since they can work well.
When it comes to characters, there's three tiers;
SEGA/Namco Bandai/Capcom tier - If they're characters made by these guys they're probably accepted.
Crossover/Nintendo tier - If they've crossed over with SEGA, Namco Bandai or Capcom characters before they may work, such as Iron Man and Captain America from Marvel vs Capcom.
Anything Else tier - It depends on who the character is on whether I accept them or not.

And to answer your question, Segata... well, we can't really nerf him, he'll just have to be used situationally and late-game. He only uses his more powerful abilities rarely.

SNK/Tatsunoko could work by the same stretches as Marvel does, and Nintendo guys are primarily there because Xenoblade and Xenosaga were made by Monolith Soft, the same guys who developed PXZ in the first place. And there's also some other characters not associated with the three main companies in there, like TOME and Assassin's Creed. But y'know, I approved them since they can work well.
When it comes to characters, there's three tiers;
SEGA/Namco Bandai/Capcom tier - If they're characters made by these guys they're probably accepted.
Crossover/Nintendo tier - If they've crossed over with SEGA, Namco Bandai or Capcom characters before they may work, such as Iron Man and Captain America from Marvel vs Capcom.
Anything Else tier - It depends on who the character is on whether I accept them or not.

And to answer your question, Segata... well, we can't really nerf him, he'll just have to be used situationally and late-game. He only uses his more powerful abilities rarely.

I see. Thank for for these much needed clarifications. Though Segata being the most OP in a setting with Marvel characters is hilarious. But I think this could be very fun if done right :)

Would this extend to anime-based games that Bandai has made? Like Dragon Ball FighterZ (Would need some nerfs, which I am fine with) or Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm? Just to give examples.

1) I mean we do have Thor so I think a battle between him and Segata would be freaking hilarious
2) I guess it could, but it does depend on the character and pairing. Hm... y'know, Android 21 would be fun to have in the RP.
3) There's an event I mentioned in my character sheet called the Crossing, which is what causes all of this. Each RPer will be creating an OC that will either join with another OC to form a Team or will be a Solo unit, and each OC has access to one of the Helboxes, 24 boxes (each designated by one of the greek letters) that hold the power to create portals between different universes and, if combined, allow one to control the multiverse. The main villain seeks to collect all of the Helboxes. Our OCs, some ordinary people and some important ones in a world similar to our own just with monsters, each have obtained a Helbox in some way, and due to the Crossing these Helboxes are now sending them to far-off realities.

1) I mean we do have Thor so I think a battle between him and Segata would be freaking hilarious
2) I guess it could, but it does depend on the character and pairing. Hm... y'know, Android 21 would be fun to have in the RP.
3) There's an event I mentioned in my character sheet called the Crossing, which is what causes all of this. Each RPer will be creating an OC that will either join with another OC to form a Team or will be a Solo unit, and each OC has access to one of the Helboxes, 24 boxes (each designated by one of the greek letters) that hold the power to create portals between different universes and, if combined, allow one to control the multiverse. The main villain seeks to collect all of the Helboxes. Our OCs, some ordinary people and some important ones in a world similar to our own just with monsters, each have obtained a Helbox in some way, and due to the Crossing these Helboxes are now sending them to far-off realities.

1. Okay, but I do hope there is some balancing made with the Crossing. Otherwise characters like Phoenix & Maya would never get to fight or if they did would be overshadowed by OP characters. Everyone deserves a chance to kick ass and look cool.
2. I understand that much. I'll have to think this over cause there is A LOT of options to pick from and I don't know what direction to go in XD.
3. If our OC is an "ordinary person" how will they take part in the action or really do anything in the RP?

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
While I do appreciate the tag, I am not the biggest fan of these companies and their franchises. In fact, the only characters I know much about are the SEGA sonic characters. There were only two of the forms you gave as an example where I actually knew the characters, like some of them were familiar and some, I was genuinely like 'where is person this from'? I think I just need to play Capcom and Namco games. For now, I will not join. But I will keep it open if I find a cool character I want or feel up to it etc.

Of course. The Crossing is gonna give Phoenix and Maya their UMvC3 abilities. Yes, Phoenix can LASER-SPIRIT-POINT.

Also HAH. You obviously don't know what I mean by "normal people" in the context of PXZ...

I mean people like this ^

I could totally see Phoenix's objections stunning the opponents, just like in Ace Attorney. XD that'd be fun XD.

So we could choose any character by Namco, Capcom, or SEGA, right? So I could choose, say, Dig Dug or the spaceship from Galaga?

Eh, it varies. It could drop out of the sky into your backyard, it could be a family heirloom, it could be a purchase you made alongside a pack of Dragon Ball Z trading cards... as long as a character isn't making it new, it likely works.

I'M IN!

Names: Ogilvie Maurice "Sonic" the Hedgehog, and Miles "Tails" Prower.
Ages: (For Sonic) 16 years old, (For Tails) 8 years old.
Genders: Both are male.
Appearances: They look the exact same as in the games, except that Sonic now wears a communicator watch and has shades on his head. And Tails wears goggles and has the brown scarf from the Light Mobius arc from Sonic Universe.
Weapons: None. They fight using their own abillities and powers.
Allies: Knuckles the Echidna, Amy Rose, Shadow the Hedgehog, Blaze the Cat, Silver the Hedgehog, Avatar.
Enemies: Shadow the Hedgehog (Sometimes), Dr. Eggman, Metal Sonic, Chaos (Formerly), Void (Formerly)
Extra: They follow both Archie and Game canon.

OCs means original characters, like Mii Koryuji and Kogoro Tensai (the ones I displayed earlier). PXZ always has them.

I don't think the "Oglivie Maurice" part is canon to the games, and I assume by "Archie and game canon" you mean post-Super Genesis Wave because they're basically the same. Aside from that it looks good.

Oh, and the OC sheet is basically the same as it is for the rest of the characters. Just put down the name of the RP where it says "Source Game".

Names: Luffy, Usopp
Ages: 19
Genders: Male
Appearances: Luffy Usopp
Source Game(s): One piece: Burning Blood
Weapons: Kuro Kabuto(Usopp)
Allies: Straw Hats, Straw Hat Grand Fleet,
Enemies: Marines, Doflamingo
Extra: Usopp claim he's a master of Tenzai Ninjitsu

Names: Ruby Rose + Ragna the Bloodedge
Ages: 15 + ??
Genders: Female and Male
Appearances:

Source Game(s): BBCTB
Weapons: Crescent Rose, Aramasa
Allies: Team RWBY, Team JNPR, Noel, Rachel, Taokaka, Platinum the trinity.
Enemies: Jin Kisaragi, Salem's Faction, Grimm, Hazama.
Extra: Tenzai Ninjitzu.

Ruby and... Ragna? Didn't expect that pairing... Sure, it works. I'm still gonna need you to make a pair with SEGA/Capcom/Namco Bandai tier characters before I can accept you into the RP, though, just like with Rohan. If you need some inspiration look at the handy-dandy character list.

Just to ask, does Sakura Shinguji need to be paired with Ichiro Ogami? It's okay if they are a must duo but I was just thinking of branching up my OCs and characters to make my own little version of the Imperial Assault Force. So I just need clarification.

I'd prefer to keep them as a pair due to their relationship. Also OCs will get paired up with other OCs, so if you see someone else's OC that you think could work well with yours maybe you should ask that OC's RPer if they can be a unit.

I'd prefer to keep them as a pair due to their relationship. Also OCs will get paired up with other OCs, so if you see someone else's OC that you think could work well with yours maybe you should ask that OC's RPer if they can be a unit.

Okay, just looking up some OVAs of Sakura Wars and like the concept. Though I'll likely need clarification on their relationship and how to portray them. Working on bios though I gotta hospital visit today to work in so may take some time.

...uh, all I know about Sakura Wars is that there's an international squad of people, they've got people in Japan, Texas and France, and Sakura and Ichiro are a couple. They're mainly there since they're mainstays of PXZ.

...uh, all I know about Sakura Wars is that there's an international squad of people, they've got people in Japan, Texas and France, and Sakura and Ichiro are a couple. They're mainly there since they're mainstays of PXZ.

I see XD

Well I have an idea and I gotta work them into it. So I'll study the OVAs and read their bios to do my justice to them.

Though now I see that Ruby is gonna be part of this. Would feel wrong to leave out the rest of Team RWBY but I'll work on my first idea before I consider any additions.

Names: Maverick
Ages: 24
Appearance: Tall with a lean, muscular build and a scar under his left eye. Has short black, unkempt hair with matching colored eyes and an after shave. Wears a white t-shirt with a brown, unbutton jacket over it and a pair of old jeans with a hole or two in them and some black boots.
Source Game(s): Project X Zone: Operation Cross
Weapons: Twin Revolvers and a military knife
Allies: N.Y.P.D.
Enemies: Cobra Fang (A drug cartel & organized crime gang)
Extra: Is a secret ultra-fan of "Magic Maiden Mizuki", a Magical-Girl anime show in his world that he keeps a secret for fear of breaking his "tough as nails" image.

Names: Sakura Shinguji, Ichiro Ogami
Ages: 17 (Sakura), 19 (Ichiro)
Genders: Female (Sakura), Male (Ichiro)
Appearances:
393e05f4aa7bf4edab0c2a7dc9e515d0.jpg

Source Game(s): Sakura Wars
Weapons: Katana (Sakura), Twin swords (Ichiro)
Allies: Imperial Assault Force: Flower Division
Enemies: Hive of Darkness, Black Demon Society
Extra: They are a couple.

Names: Chun-Li, Morrigan Aensland
Ages: TBD
Genders: Female (Both)
Appearances:
chun_li_vs_morrigan__sf_vs_ds__by_jti13-db0wbvf.jpg

Source Game(s): Street Fighter, Darkstalkers
Weapons: None (Chun-Li uses martial arts and some ki, Morrigan uses her Succubus abilities)
Allies: Interpol
Enemies: Shadaloo
Extra: Tenzai Ninjitsu