• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Project PSB

Long story short : This is a Pokemon Simulation RP, basically "if SAO was Pokemon" note this RP is a "Pokemon" RP so no I dunno PacMan or weird SAO swords popping out (This takes place in the pokemon world so I guess it could be in Pokemon Role Play)

Story :
Welcome to the year 2024, where gaming and simulations have evolved to its final stage. Virtual Gaming now exists, you are one of very few people of the world who have purchased the PokeGear+ an advanced simulation gear for young Pokemon trainers, as you join in with countless of other gamers you soon found out that the company of the game Silph-Gaming is owned by criminal masterminds, the game is programmed to trap all the users inside, if the game is not completed in the next three years then they will wipe out all data and the gamers will be trapped forever in a black abyss.

Information for RPers :
Like the description said this is a Pokemon Simulation RP, you can only own six Pokemon like in the original game you can release, catch, buy, accommodate yourself in this system of the so called "Silph-Gaming Company". I tried to make this as Pokemon like as possible. You are about to start out your adventure in the real world but decided to learn more about becoming a trainer or in the other case a gamer and so came the PokeGear+ and The game Project PSB (Pokemon Simulation Battlegrounds) and yeah that's how this RP starts
BIOs Sheet :
Name :
Class (Healer, Trainer, Thief, Beta-Tester, Breeder, Scientist/Professor) :
Pokemon (1 only, have to be a Starter) :
Item case (You can choose one healing item to add) : 5 Pokeballs
Rank (Trainee, Average, Advanced, Elite)(Rank ups are moderated by me) : Trainee
Pokedex :
Appearance :
Personality :

Mine :
Name : Karen
Class (Healer, Trainer, Thief, Beta-Tester, Breeder/Professor) : Healer
Pokemon (1 only, have to be a Starter) : Turtwig
Item case (You can choose one healing item to add) : 5 Pokeballs, Ice Heal
Rank (Trainee, Average, Advanced, Elite)(Rank ups are moderated by me) : Trainee
Pokedex : 1/806
Appearance (or this case Avatar) : She has yellow tinted white skin, brown eyes, long blonde hair and an orange headband, she wears an orange top covered by a red jacket with a skull grunt logo, she has an orange cap with a red and blue Pokeball logo and some dark brown sneakers, dark blue jeans with a grey belt with six Pokeball holders.
Personality : She likes to explore this gaming world as it is very futuristic and interesting and hoping to learn more of those who want to become a Pokemon trainer in the game to be a real one. She's friendly and up for challenges, she doesn't like thieves or selfish healers. She likes to be with friends rather than alone. She's your typical friendly teenage girl.

Roleplay Physics/Information :
Class :

Healers : A class in the game Project PSB that has a limited supply of all of the games heal potions stored in your PC includes (10 Potions, 10 Heals of Every type which includes Antidote, 5 Full Restores, 5 Revives)
Thief : Able to spawn with the TM Snatch and able to steal items from Pokemon in battles, they can also steal Pokemon from other people that has a higher ranking, though if spotted by the victim you cant steal from them anymore
Trainer : You spawn with 5 Potions and 5 Pokeballs, you can wonder around this virtual system and catch various Pokemon and fill up the Pokedex.
Beta-Tester : This class means you have tested the Beta, you spawn with a mysterious Token almost like a gift prize, the use of the token however is unknown.
Breeder : Gets an increase chance to get a Hidden Ability Pokemon or Shiny Pokemon from an egg
Professor : Given an advanced Pokedex which saves data from scanning wild Pokemon, but the Dex cannot progress forever it can only "Auto-Record" Data 10 times and takes time to recharge but can still save data if a new Pokemon was caught
Ranking System :
Trainee : A Gamer with a Pokedex lower than 50
Average : A Gamer with a Pokedex higher than 100
Advanced : A Gamer with a 5 Win Streak in Multiplayer PVP
Elite : A Gamer who beated the Elite 4
Rules :
1. No GModding
2. No Bullying
3. Swearing is fine but tone it down
4. Humans only
6. Follow the Charms Roleplaying Rules
7. No Legends/Mythicals and Fakemons
Roleplay :
www.pokecharms.com/threads/project-psb.19057/

*This RP can only have a limited amount of people to join*

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
what do you mean by classes? How would that work in Pokemon? I mean, why are healers and thieves would be chosen over trainers and beta testers if they can get the same thing? (except for steal pokemon)

Cause like its a video game also to answer that there cant be too many of one as you would say so I ballance them out if more rpers choose the same rank
Besides this RP is limitted Id say there be atleast 4 thieves would be the max and 4 healers, the rest are trainers or beta testers

It's a video game and based of what I've known some games have mechanics and different gamers have different status skills as such, so I added classes so as to use these different mechanics to make this RP more interesting and trust me EVERY CLASS Has a role

FINALLY!!! SOMEONE WHO COULD ACTUALLY MAKE IT WORK!!!

I have a few questions: What the hell do you mean limited supplies? Do you mean that we can't purchased potions in the game? Or was the Healer class have some sort of special starter box because purchasing potions won't be able if your a lowly ran gamer? Is that it? And not to be a jerk, there is some games which is classless, they just need to purchased said skill with an amount of game money or just real credit money.

ANYWAY!!!

Name : Thomas Mayers (Tommy/Tom)
Class (Healer, Trainer, Thief, Beta-Tester) : Thief
Pokemon (1 only, have to be a Starter) : Rowlet
Item case (You can choose one healing item to add) : 5 Pokeballs, A Full Restore
Rank (Trainee, Average, Advanced, Elite) : Trainee
Appearance : He was always described to have black hair that always looks like he just got out of bed (messy and shaggy) and olive skin. But when he saw a glimpse of himself at a mirror he noted that his dark hair is longer and frames his face,the area around his sunken eyes is very dark, while his complexion is even more pale than before. His mother blamed his game addiction. In the game he wears a sleeveless turtleneck wetsuit, beige cargo pants and his prized blue fur-trimmed jacket tied around his waist. He likes to go barefoot but he usually wears some blue hole-less crocs. Outside the game he wears his signature jacket, with high turtleneck blue shirt, black cargo pants and slippers.
Personality : Despite his appearance, his not a hipster so ignore the slippers. Let them be, what did they ever they do to you? Anyway, his an introvert not really much of a social butterfly but he is easy to talk to and easy to be friends with, he is also quite blunt which is a curse and gift. In most situations he don't bother being serious to anyone, as he enjoy making the ones he love smile with pranks and puns. Seemingly on the outside he also appear as fairly lazy which he is, but he can strong when he need to be anyway. His also quite a vengeful boy not to himself but to his friends, if you hurt one of his precious people he is going to hunt you down.

@Mo6 Accepted
To answer your questions, I'd say this, well like you said there are games with classes and games that dont have them so I went with games that do
Secondly Healers have that starter box, but they can still buy the potions but really like the normal physics of SAO like Cooking, you cant wind up like that so Id say this :
Healers have skills in making medicine and herbs
Trainers have skills in training and battling
Theives have skills in stealing and sneaking
Also information about Healers Class and its starting items is listed above

Still don't understand. It's not like the trainers will battle a charizard or something because the pokemon would do the battle for them so I don't see much reason for the trainer to have class. Secondly, beta tester is not a class, its just a title for the early gamers. Beta tester should be able to choose another class like a normal player.

@Spoiled Bread I guess you're right for the beta tester part but the trainer class basically gives them better chances in training there Pokemon like said this is a "videogame" so by skills in training id be like good chance of capturing, a slight increase of training points and a slight higher crit dammage (But im not gonna change the beta tester class cus its a special one later in the story as it is a Class not shown out or say updated yet, xD havent gotten in to the thing and yet spoilers are out)

Oh, allright. How about making the class more pokemonish? Like pokebreeder, pokeranger, pokeburglar, pokeprofessor-wannabe and other else? I feel like the class now looks like too medieval RPGish, that's why I thought the trainer can battle a charizard directly.

Good point
Some of these are though same as the classes already given like Burgular is like thief and ranger is like trainer as well so I added 2 new ones which is Breeder and Scientist/Professor

You are about to start out your adventure in the real world but decided to learn more about becoming a trainer or in the other case a gamer and so came the PokeGear+ and The game Project PSB (Pokemon Simulation Battlegrounds) and yeah that's how this RP starts

Need clarification. So the real world is a pokemon world where we can really catch real pokemon, but we decided to play in a VR. Or the real world is our regular world but after years of development gamefreak finally releases a VR pokemon? Which unfortunately is hijacked by a crazy dude. Or something else?

First option I mean common there has to be entertainment in the Pokemon world right from what ive seen so far Video Games exists in there so why not bring the future to it, also "crazy dude stealing Pokemon game" sounds yeah a bit weird

I mean, if a player whited out do they die? And the first question about the goal, in SAO it's clear: beat all the floors, but in this game? Defeat the champion? Complete pokedex? Or something else? Or the game didn't even state it so the players will panic while trying whatever the heck they can think as a completion requirement?

No if they white out they dont die because like it said they will start deleting the system and all its users if game is not completed in the next years
And as for normal Pokemon games how do you complete them ? Beat the elite 4
And for cpmpleting the dex and other achievements as such are like side quests to gain money or a trade of Pokemon

Im still quite confuse. Is the game a win for all sort of-ish or something else? What would happen to those who have lose the game, like if one player already defeated the game what will happen to the remaining who have still not defeated it?

Well like the SAO anime after the boss is defeated all the players that are still alive (which in our case we don't sword fight so no deaths yet) are set free which they can return to the reality world

Its a Pokemon game, people can either grief or annoy or stop others from progressing the real death threat is when the data wipes you out (but deaths will happen as like in the anime *there was a glitched NPC* though it wasnt meant for any harm different stories have different things )
Anyway
@Nebulix
@SoulDemon
@Spoiled Bread
@McGlitchy
If you all are ready or interested in joining post a BIO once accepted I'll start the RP

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Name :Braxton Miller(Brax)
Class (Healer, Trainer, Thief, Beta-Tester, Breeder, Scientist/Professor) : Scientist/Professor
Pokemon (1 only, have to be a Starter) :Bulbasaur
Item case (You can choose one healing item to add) : 5 Pokeballs, Super Potion
Appearance : African american with saftey goggles always on him and two test tubes in his belt. Wears a green labcoat and grey jeans.
Personality : Very curious, whenever a new situation is presented to him, he will be the first to attempt to find and reach the best possible solution. He also has a minor temper when he is under pressure, but usually he is cheerful and happy.

Last edited:

EnigmaticMissingNo.

Previously McGlitchy
Name: Lance Wright
Class: Scientist
Pokemon: Squirtle
Item case: 5 Pokeballs, 1 Potion
Pokedex: 1/806
Appearance: Alex is 5 feet 5 inches, he has silver hair and is white. He usually wears a typical white lab coat with a grey shirt and black jeans.
Personality: Lance often judges other people of their actions while dodging questions of his own actions, he's stubborn and hotheaded believing himself to be better than most.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Name : Eric Nathanael
Class (Healer, Trainer, Thief, Beta-Tester, Breeder, Scientist/Professor) : Beta-Tester
Pokemon (1 only, have to be a Starter) : Charmander
Item case (You can choose one healing item to add) : 5 Pokeballs; Rare Candy
Appearance : red hoodie; shaggy brown hair; hazel eyes; black jeans
Personality : uh, I'm bad at like making these up. Can I just show it when I RP?

*a gecko Pokémon could be seen taking some cookies from the cookie jar*

Well... I guess I could maybe give my fan made Pokémon a bit of a break after carefully looking at the rules.

I’ll be signing up as soon as possible since I have to do some stuff first. (The first part of my post is a hint to what class my character will be.)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I think that'd be horrible, and if it's one of our character's that's against the rules of 'Charms. But if you kill an NPC... well technically right now there is no rule against it

I mean it’s not against the rules to attempt to kill another character, and you can kill within ‘Charms rules as long as the person who controls the character gives their consent. I just want to form a sort of Laughing Coffin group, as the concept of player killing is a major plot point in SAO, as well as giving characters a side plot in between the true challenge at hand. The whole thing about it being horrible is kinda the point.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Yea. but that was because PKing was normal in MMORPG's. In Pokemon games, it isn't so like a huge amount of people that PK DON'T play pokemon. just saying

I mean think about it, they are stuck in a game in which if they don’t win within a certain timeframe they would die. I think on those grounds most people would be tempted to start killing in order to gain the advantage they need in order to advance their chances of survival. That’s just plain human nature right there, and I think your RP would fail to accurately portray humanity without even a slight temptation to PK.

It’s cool though if you don’t want PKers in your role play, just don’t argue that it is more accurate.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Well, this isn't REAL LIFE. not even VR LIFE. this is pokemon. like anime pokemon and game pokemon into one. and how exactly would they have better chance of survival by ending people's lives? Also most people that play Pokemon in the games, or just trainers in general, are kids. Hell, we only have one adult.