• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pop-Culture Death-Match

Ok, so I deleted the post from the other character because he felt too overpowered. As for the new character...

Name: Justin Hardin
Franchise: Fallout

Perks( Special Powers and Abilities):
Tough Body: Takes a bit less damage
Medic: Able to heal faster
Scrounger: Able to find lots of ammo
Heavy Gunner: Does more damage with heavy weapons
Gunslinger: Does more damage with pistols and revolvers
Nuclear Physicist: Fusion Cores last longer
Lock picking: picks locks with ease

Weapons and Equipment:
The Justin Buster-A minigun that is modded to shoot laser and bullets
Big Boy: A Mini-Nuke launcher that fires two at once
Big Iron: a powerful revolver that has a song named after it
Battery-Powered: Modded laser pistol, with a red dot sight, and does more damage
Nuka-Squirt Gun: Why the hell not?

Inv:
Stimpaks and Rad-Away
Smoke Gernades
Molotovs
Fusion Cores(ammo)
Heavy Bullets(ammo)
Fusion Cells(ammo)
Mini-Nukes(ammo)

Armor: a full suit of X-01 power armor with a jet pack upgrade(higher jump, not flight)

Training: Trained for heavy combat, and very intelligent. Has good S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats in Intelligence and Charisma. Also good with mechanical things and gun mods.

Physique: under the giant mech suit of terror lies an average man wearing a grey zipper hoodie, black sweatpants, and red shoes. He’s 5’11, and weighs 195.0 lbs.

Brief backstory: wandering the wastelands of his Boston home ever since he left vault 111, he’s come to rebuild his society. He will do about anything to do it, working with his Minutemen, and helping the commonwealth. He’s not a force to be reckoned with.

Other: Is the General of the Minutemen, as well as being very charismatic and persuasive. Moves slow inside his power armor, but he’ll beat you either way.

@Pretty Pichu I beg to differ. In Alien Isolation, the aliens clearly do everything they can to stay away from fire, indicating fear of the stuff. Officer Waits even hints at this, stating “It’s an animal, right? All animals are afraid of fire.”
Love it, and you’re argument about fire is correct

@Pretty Pichu I beg to differ. In Alien Isolation, the aliens clearly do everything they can to stay away from fire, indicating fear of the stuff. Officer Waits even hints at this, stating “It’s an animal, right? All animals are afraid of fire.”

I remember that, but I was mainly talking about the movies, where the aliens do nothing to stay away from it, and were either startled from it at first or they killed the person with the flamethrower. The guy with the flamethrower shot some flames in the vent he was in while an alien came to kill him, completely ignoring the fire.

Besides, I'm pretty sure they had to give the alien a weakness in the games, and since there really wasn't a whole lot of things to use against the alien, they probably settled on the flamethrower. Otherwise, it would be bad game design with the enemy being difficult to hide from and no way to ward them off. They basically multiplied what the guy said in that first alien movie tenfold about aliens hating fire because the animal logic. Although, in the movies, the aliens never really were afraid of fire, unless it endangered their nest.

I did my research by going through several wikis and even reviewing some movie footage. I ignored the games a bit because I thought that was obvious.

I remember that, but I was mainly talking about the movies, where the aliens do nothing to stay away from it, and were either startled from it at first or they killed the person with the flamethrower. The guy with the flamethrower shot some flames in the vent he was in while an alien came to kill him, completely ignoring the fire.

Besides, I'm pretty sure they had to give the alien a weakness in the games, and since there really wasn't a whole lot of things to use against the alien, they probably settled on the flamethrower. Otherwise, it would be bad game design with the enemy being difficult to hide from and no way to ward them off. They basically multiplied what the guy said in that first alien movie tenfold about aliens hating fire because the animal logic. Although, in the movies, the aliens never really were afraid of fire, unless it endangered their nest.

I did my research by going through several wikis and even reviewing some movie footage. I ignored the games a bit because I thought that was obvious.
Everything needs a weakness, and I mean one that isn’t immediately negated by another strength. I.e weak flesh under the exoskeleton which sprays acid from wounds. That’s less a weakness more jsut a neutral/strength
Why can’t we all compromise, something like they aren’t insta killed by fire but it may be more effective then Say blunt force trauma

Yes, I can agree on this. Fire would be more effective on an alien than blunt force trauma, especially since the exoskeleton protects it from blunt force trauma more than fire.

Predators don't have future armor, except for a breast plate and some gizmos attached to the rest of their weak armor. They can't be too encumbered by heavy, protective armor because they have to contend with the Aliens faster speed and such. If the Aliens are too fast, the Predators die, no matter if they have heavy armor or not because the Aliens can bust through the armor with their second mouths anyway, or dent it and possibly end up killing the Predator by overwhelming it. The only way I'd see if they have future armor would be if they slammed metal into the contours of their body, tied a string to it, and wore it so that the body part is protected a little bit.

Unless you are talking about something else, but :/

Although, they aren't damaged by radiation, and tend to ambush their targets, and they are extremely intelligent in doing so, more so than the average human.

Yeah, the only thing I can really think of is that the Predators like sneak attack ambushes that kill their prey in one blow, but the dude's Power Armor might be tough enough to take a plasma shot.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Well, if it’s Standard grade Mk. 6 X-01 Power Armor without any paint, which it is, these are the Stats that I’ve pulled for it.

1820 Ballistic Resist(Bullets, Explosions, Melee attacks)
1350 Energy Resist(Fire, Ice, Plasma, Lasers, and other elements)
1020 Radiation Resist (Gamma and rads)

I will dumb it down if those stats seem too insane.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
Don’t worry, you probably wouldn’t know unless your a Fallout Meganerd like me... anyways, those basically are his defenses. The numbers represent the resistance counters for damage...
Let’s just say he’s resistant to plasma, but not immune...

The Same goes for
PPTV-063 vs cloaked alien
They’re very different so balancing them will be interesting
Also the battle ground should for each match need to be decided

PPTV-063 should be in an area where it is new because it will be recently released (by itself) and roam around. The most different the battlefield, the better to give more of a disadvantage and balance the thing out. Plus, it is twice as large as the Alien (I'm assuming your Alien is around 6-8 feet tall), and it is probably stronger. The only thing your Alien has got that would make it impossible for my PPTV-063 to attack would be the acidic blood and the fast agility. Your Alien is faster than my dino-hybrid, is stealthier, and more flexible and can dodge my dino-hybrid's attacks with ease. If it does catch yours, both will get hurt, but mine more so. Pretty sure we have equal defenses, I just have more power and you have more speed.

I'm not so sure if you guys are still going to do this, but I've bitten way more than I could chew, and I'm not going to be able to RP anymore, since I'm focusing more on my studies for college. So sorry for the inconvenience. :/ You can either cut my characters off of the roster, or you can have them as NPCs and someone can control them, but please be fair.