1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokeymons and DOOM

Discussion in 'Creative Archive' started by Ibex, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Hi! I thought I would start a thread here as a way to encourage myself to actually scan stuff. Also it looks like you could use the activity. Any activity... Pokemon isn't really my thing, but I have drawn enough of the creatures for friends over the years to sustain an exclusive topic. Creatures are good.

Here's a perfect example (of failing to scan) - Serperior. I drew this in 2010, a few days after the Japanese game was release and the sprites came out... Was the english name even known at that time?

[​IMG]
    You can see what style I have. I think I had long-leaf plants in mind when making the collar (think grass blades).

I will see what else I can dig up for later - Enjoy for now.

(There ya go, mang. I finally got it to you!!1)(And feel free to give this a better thread title. geh)

oh... uh... Placeholder.
    [​IMG]
    Hardcore Nudibranch Approves of itself.

2. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

Well hello there. ^^

Creatures are indeed good and Grass-types are always a great start in my books.

Awesome Serps is awesome. Headshot is gorgeous and I like what you have going on with the minilimbs. Great start for a thread, hope to see more awesome stuffs from you. ^^

3. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

Hello and welcome to 'Charms :)

I adore your style, the soft shading and colours remind me of the sort of illustration you'd find in a Biologists field-journal or something. Very nice illustration of Serperior, and I also like the minilimbs you included xD

4. Hey, Hi. Thanks : D

I am particularly pleased with the serperior pic. The paper it is on is cheap and fuzzy, but fun to work on. In hindsight the drawing makes me think of a skink.
    ---
    May as well continue with fav species!
    ... I think of Breloom swiftly leaping and kicking, and leaning on its tail like a kangaroo for a good defensive slam. It's easy to envision it stepping in a fast and light manner. It just looks like it has good solid legs.
    [​IMG]
    These are all smooshed onto one page, making for some awkwardness (which I have tried to smooth out digitally). I enjoy playing with accessory lines, which is what the "spore streams" are about. I had a bit of trouble with the cap, as it easily blocks the face - and faces are important. One individual's cap is kinda floating off 8U... By the end, I had accidentally fallen into ceratopsian skull shapes, heh. Ceratopsids are best.

5. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

OH GODS THE ADORABLE.

Ahem.

Now that I got that out of the way. Brelooms are totally one of my favorite species ever. I can totally see them having a marginocephalian kind of head (actually, fun fact: when 'looms were first revealed I kind of wanted to draw two individuals having a pachycephalosaurid-esque headbutt fight but couldn't harness the art skills needed for it XD)

The fuzziness is rather fun, the dynamic kick poses are awesome and yes, those spore streams. o-o certainly add something to this picture.