• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokeymons and DOOM

Hi! I thought I would start a thread here as a way to encourage myself to actually scan stuff. Also it looks like you could use the activity. Any activity... Pokemon isn't really my thing, but I have drawn enough of the creatures for friends over the years to sustain an exclusive topic. Creatures are good.

Here's a perfect example (of failing to scan) - Serperior. I drew this in 2010, a few days after the Japanese game was release and the sprites came out... Was the english name even known at that time?

servlizard100924pokemonline.jpg

You can see what style I have. I think I had long-leaf plants in mind when making the collar (think grass blades).

I will see what else I can dig up for later - Enjoy for now.

(There ya go, mang. I finally got it to you!!1)(And feel free to give this a better thread title. geh)

oh... uh... Placeholder.
hardcorenudibranch.gif

Hardcore Nudibranch Approves of itself.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Well hello there. ^^

Creatures are indeed good and Grass-types are always a great start in my books.

Awesome Serps is awesome. Headshot is gorgeous and I like what you have going on with the minilimbs. Great start for a thread, hope to see more awesome stuffs from you. ^^

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Hello and welcome to 'Charms :)

I adore your style, the soft shading and colours remind me of the sort of illustration you'd find in a Biologists field-journal or something. Very nice illustration of Serperior, and I also like the minilimbs you included xD

Hey, Hi. Thanks : D

I am particularly pleased with the serperior pic. The paper it is on is cheap and fuzzy, but fun to work on. In hindsight the drawing makes me think of a skink.
---
May as well continue with fav species!
... I think of Breloom swiftly leaping and kicking, and leaning on its tail like a kangaroo for a good defensive slam. It's easy to envision it stepping in a fast and light manner. It just looks like it has good solid legs.
breloomgrass130307on.jpg

These are all smooshed onto one page, making for some awkwardness (which I have tried to smooth out digitally). I enjoy playing with accessory lines, which is what the "spore streams" are about. I had a bit of trouble with the cap, as it easily blocks the face - and faces are important. One individual's cap is kinda floating off 8U... By the end, I had accidentally fallen into ceratopsian skull shapes, heh. Ceratopsids are best.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
OH GODS THE ADORABLE.

Ahem.

Now that I got that out of the way. Brelooms are totally one of my favorite species ever. I can totally see them having a marginocephalian kind of head (actually, fun fact: when 'looms were first revealed I kind of wanted to draw two individuals having a pachycephalosaurid-esque headbutt fight but couldn't harness the art skills needed for it XD)

The fuzziness is rather fun, the dynamic kick poses are awesome and yes, those spore streams. o-o certainly add something to this picture.