• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon World Tournament: The National Extraordinaire!

"Hello, Everyone. This is GryphonNecroX20, or William, if you wanna be personal, and this is of course, my very first roleplay on this website, let alone first ever roleplay I'm starting. The story of this roleplay involves pokemon only, seeing is that I was influenced after watching the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon anime."

Please understand these following rules:

1: Pokemon only. Normal, Legendary, Shiny, etc.
2. Do not, and I mean, DO NOT, make them too overpowered. Nobody likes a mary sue/gary stu.
3. You can choose 6 pokemon of your choosing. Do not use the same pokemon for your team.
4. Nicknames are always welcome. Be it original, or a reference to any sort of media!
5. All regions welcome.
6. If you get to a part of the RP where it left off, you have the option to continue the roleplay. Do not make an entirely new roleplay during this duration.
7. If you want to add in romance, comedy, or action elements, feel free to use them however you please. Sexual elements will NOT be tolerated. Romance is especially welcome.

Template down below

(From Left to Right)
Name:
Species:
Characteristics:
Nature:
Trait:
Ability:
Location of Birth:
Move Set:

--Mine--

Name: Hachiman
Species: Incineroar
Level: 56
Appearance: Bright emerald eyes, wearing spiked collars on his arms, has a quick claw for a necklace, and covered in scars
Nature: Brave
Trait: Strong Willed
Ability: Blaze
Location of Birth: Po Town
Move Set:
Cross Chop
Flare Blitz
Swords Dance
Darkest Lariat

~Roleplay~
Tonight was the night the Pokemon World Tournament finally opened. Many sorts of pokemon were being trained outside the colosseum, as others were being treated to foreign cuisines from across the globe.
Hours passed, and the first match has begun. Out of the red corner, a hulking Incineroar approached the stage, jumping into the ring, popping his back and neck.
"Alright, first match of the night, and first match ever made in this arena. Who's ready to rumble!?" He smiled proudly, laughing in a hearty fashion, knowing he will have a good match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Luciel
Species: Absol
Level: 49
Characteristics: The average Absol with a black cloak, a signature fashion choice for people on her team. It has a collar that covers part of her face.
Nature: Serious (To breakdown for Roleplay terms, she is the more strict counterpart of her partner. In Luciel's eyes, most of her team is somehow connected to her as a family member. In comparison to Bastet, Luciel doesn't like to play around and often gets straight to the point in a conversation or fight. Notably, she finds Bastet annoying, but appears to not mind her company)
Trait: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Super Luck
Location of Birth: Pokemon Village, Kalos
Move Set: Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Shock Wave (Tutor/Previously Taught By Her Parent), Detect

As a RP note for Detect, I'll rarely ever use it. It doesn't work as her fighting style anyway.

Name: Bastet
Species: Purrloin
Level: 30
Characteristics: Like Luciel, she has a black cloak around her body and a collar covering her mouth. To match her personality, the collar has fang-like patterns across the front. Occasionally, Bastet wears a hood that's seen attached to the back.
Nature: Naive (RP Breakdown: Bastet is extremely laid back, not taking fights seriously. She loves messing with others, never getting to the point until she feels bored. Despite her childish demeanor, Bastet is not to be treated lightly as she can be really cocky and cunning -- even when Luciel is fighting with her)
Trait: Likes to Run
Ability: Prankster
Location of Birth: Winding Woods, Kalos (AKA Route 20)
Move Set: Torment, Copycat (Egg), Iron Tail (Tutor/Previously Taught By Luciel), Assurance

Note for Copycat, any move that Bastet copies will be weaker than the original.

~~~~

An Absol walked onto the stage from the opposing end, her face partly covered by her attire. She gave a small glare. An immediate thought crossed her mind of how annoying her first adversary acted, "So much for a straight-forward opponent." The canine Pokemon sighed, her eyes darting quickly due to a familiar voice.

"WHOO-HOO!!! Go Luciel!"
A Purrloin was seen jumping from the sidelines. Bastet was enjoying herself like the childish little kid she was. At least to Luciel, she was a little kid -- Bastet was a few years younger, what kind of Pokemon shouts with that much excitement to begin with? She had a bright face with starry eyes, which were really noticeable from where Luciel stood.

Luciel gave a disappointed look as her friend hopped and her voice echoed in the crowd, 'You can do it!' or 'Go Lulu!'. So much for avoiding attention too it seems... In response to the cheering, Luciel gave a slight puff of annoyance before looking at her seemingly overzealous opponent, knowing she can't turn her back on them, "If you may take this seriously, I'll be glad to be your first contender."

From the sidelines, Bastet was practically on the edge of her seat. Well, figuratively, she was sitting really close to the action and supporting her friend. Enthusiasm all around, the Purrloin did notice that Luciel brushed off her cheer, but to her it was an acknowledgement. "Heheh, Luciel's got this in the bag," she mumbled to herself.
"GO LULU! Do it for Team Brigade!"

Name: Luciel
Species: Absol
Characteristics: The average Absol with a black cloak, a signature fashion choice for people on her team. It has a collar that covers part of her face.
Nature: Serious (To breakdown for Roleplay terms, she is the more strict counterpart of her partner. In Luciel's eyes, most of her team is somehow connected to her as a family member. In comparison to Bastet, Luciel doesn't like to play around and often gets straight to the point in a conversation or fight. Notably, she finds Bastet annoying, but appears to not mind her company)
Trait: Alert to Sounds
Ability: Super Luck
Location of Birth: Pokemon Village, Kalos
Move Set: Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Shock Wave (Tutor/Previously Taught By Her Parent), Detect

As a RP note for Detect, I'll rarely ever use it. It doesn't work as her fighting style anyway.

Name: Bastet
Species: Purrloin
Level: 30
Characteristics: Like Luciel, she has a black cloak around her body and a collar covering her mouth. To match her personality, the collar has fang-like patterns across the front. Occasionally, Bastet wears a hood that's seen attached to the back.
Nature: Naive (RP Breakdown: Bastet is extremely laid back, not taking fights seriously. She loves messing with others, never getting to the point until she feels bored. Despite her childish demeanor, Bastet is not to be treated lightly as she can be really cocky and cunning -- even when Luciel is fighting with her)
Trait: Likes to Run
Ability: Prankster
Location of Birth: Winding Woods, Kalos (AKA Route 20)
Move Set: Torment, Copycat (Egg), Iron Tail (Tutor/Previously Taught By Luciel), Assurance

Note for Copycat, any move that Bastet copies will be weaker than the original.

~~~~

An Absol walked onto the stage from the opposing end, her face partly covered by her attire. She gave a small glare. An immediate thought crossed her mind of how annoying her first adversary acted, "So much for a straight-forward opponent." The canine Pokemon sighed, her eyes darting quickly due to a familiar voice.

"WHOO-HOO!!! Go Luciel!"
A Purrloin was seen jumping from the sidelines. Bastet was enjoying herself like the childish little kid she was. At least to Luciel, she was a little kid -- Bastet was a few years younger, what kind of Pokemon shouts with that much excitement to begin with? She had a bright face with starry eyes, which were really noticeable from where Luciel stood.

Luciel gave a disappointed look as her friend hopped and her voice echoed in the crowd, 'You can do it!' or 'Go Lulu!'. So much for avoiding attention too it seems... In response to the cheering, Luciel gave a slight puff of annoyance before looking at her seemingly overzealous opponent, knowing she can't turn her back on them, "If you may take this seriously, I'll be glad to be your first contender."

From the sidelines, Bastet was practically on the edge of her seat. Well, figuratively, she was sitting really close to the action and supporting her friend. Enthusiasm all around, the Purrloin did notice that Luciel brushed off her cheer, but to her it was an acknowledgement. "Heheh, Luciel's got this in the bag," she mumbled to herself.
"GO LULU! Do it for Team Brigade!"

The Incineroar giggled a bit. "I see you have a big fan in the crowd, friend. Don't worry. I get that myself." He popped his knuckles, stretched his legs and tail. "Alrighty. I'll have to warn you right now, newcomer. This is one cat who will make sure you won't get away unscathed. But, seeing is I'm a nice guy, I'll let you take the first shot. I don't bite the first time." His toothy grin showed, waiting on Luciel to make the move.

A Swampert was watching in the bleachers wishing he could be down there wondering when it would his turn. It looked at his trainer and the trainer smiled at him and filled him with joy.

"Hm, very well. Don't try to make this a boring fight," Luciel responded with a blunt tone. She crouched down, shifting her feet to the side as she walked around. The Absol was carefully eyeing the Incineroar, while he let her make the first attack. Her scythe-like horn started to glow a lightish-purple, knowing that two of her moves would most likely be ineffective or redundant.
Luciel waved her horn downward as she began to lunge herself towards Hachiman.

Bastet remained silent as Luciel was conversing with the Incineroar. She watched her friend's opponent, knowing she, herself, wouldn't be able to fight against him on equal grounds. Despite Luciel's attempt on focusing, the Purrloin continued to shout as if the Absol could clearly hear her voice, overwhelmed by the fact that she can move first. Yet... It seems weird to her that the opponent would back down a bit for the first attack.

Hachiman tightened his fists, and slammed them on top of the vicious absol, only to miss her. He did it again, once again, he missed. "Well, well! You're a fast little fella, aren't you? Too bad it'll all change!" His claws glowed a reddish black color, as be began spinning rapidly like a crimson and black tornado, as he spun quickly at her, using Darkest Lariat. "Try dodging this!"

( so sorry i forgot this )

Name: Aqua
Species: Swampert
Appearance: Deep blue eyes
Trait: Bold
Ability: Damp
Born: LittleRoot town
Move Set:
Earthquake
Surf
Muddy Water
Rock Slide

Aqua was for sure that Hachiman was going to win because Darkest Lariat always hit and if Hachiman used Cross Chop was a fighting type move and Lusiel is weak to fighting types. But it has Detect a fighting type move, and if it has a fighting type move it could was the fighting type z-move and could one shot Hachiman. But she might not know that. The outcome of this battle was hard to guest.

"What?" She quickly attempted to deflect the Darkest Lariat as the Incineroar's claws hit her Night Slash. Her horn was struck as Luciel moved back from the attack. The Absol's claws fumbled to hold their ground, "Immediately going for a strong move? That's something."
She stood still as a blue light surrounded her. A few seconds later, a wave of electricity emitted, spreading from Luciel to covering the battle stage's floor.

Bastet was fairly confident in Luciel's decision making. Having an authentic fight was something she had wanted for some time now. Although, despite Bastet not really participating, both had the knowledge to never underestimate an opponent. Even if they seemed a bit too lenient.

Last edited:
Name: Libra
Species: Pikachu
Level: 59
Characteristics: Libra has the appearance of a standard Female Pikachu, with a heart-shaped tail and all that. She wears a Light Ball choker necklace. However, when she steps into the ring she fights as PIKACHU LIBRE!!! She wears the standard Pikachu Libre costume.
Nature: Brave
Trait: A little quick tempered.
Ability: Lightning Rod
Location of Birth: Santalune Forest
Move Set:
Flying Press
Nuzzle
Double Team
Volt Tackle

Name: Tony
Species: Pikachu
Level: 42
Characteristics: Tony looks like a normal Pikachu. He wears a baseball cap that has the same design as the one Ash wore in Kalos. He has a small ring earring on his left ear, and wears a necklace with made of Pikachusium. Not
Nature:
Trait: Mischievous
Ability: Lightning Rod
Location of Birth: Santalune Forest
Move Set:
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Quick Attack
Iron Tail

"Are you sure about this?" Libra asked her brother as the two made their way into the stands of the stadium. The Pikachu wasn't wearing her Libre mask, just the other clothes and her Light Ball necklace. Her brother, Tony, shot her a smile.
"Of course I'm sure! You're strong, darn strong! Heck, you've been following Master Hawk's training for years. If anyone were to win, my money's on you." The pair of Pikachu took a seat in the stands, and Tony adjusted his baseball cap. It was a bit big on him. Libra watched him for a moment, then sighed.
"I keep telling you, wearing that hat while you have your piercing in is a bad idea! Remember last time, when it got stuck on your piercing and pulled your head down? You had to walk around with your ear dragging the ground until Master Hawk finally untangled your hat!" Libra said.
"Oh, shush. Just watch the fight! These guys might be your future competition." Tony said. Libra sighed and began watching the match, while Tony began scanning the crowd.

Aqua Saw two pikachu he looked at his trainer Brooks and Pointed to the pikachu, the trainer walked over to the pikachu with there trainer and said " Hi my name is Aqua what is your name? oh and your you battling here too my trainer worked so hard to get here I hope we battle it will be so fun but i what be easy!"

Both Libra and Tony looked over at the Swampert that approached them. It was quite big in comparison to the Pikachus, and it's ground typing made Libra feel a little nervous. Tony, on the other hand, seemed quite unphased.
"Yo! Nice to meet you, Aqua! My name's Tony, and I hate to break it to ya but I'm not battling. That's for my sis, Libra. She's the toughest there ever was, training under Master Hawk!" Tony said, getting out of his seat. He looked the Swampert up and down, walking around the Pokemon. Having sized up Aqua, the cap wearing Pikachu turned to inspect the strange creature next to the Swampert. It looked quite strange, and not really all that strong. Tony looked back at Aqua. "This guy trained you? He don't look all that tough."

"Tony! Looks aren't everything!" Libra said, hopping off the bench and hitting her brother lightly upside the head. The cap Pikachu winced, running the back of his head.
"He could be a Psychic type, or a normal type or something." Libra said, referring to the tall being beside Aqua.

" My trainer is one of the best there is, and i look to battling you Libra I heard that you can be a pikachu libre do you turn into a fighting type under your mask?" Aqua knows that Libra will not be easy even if he has the upper hand but when are they going to fight!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
AHEM.
Reminder that Mega Evolutions and their catalysts must be approved by a staff member before you can actually write them in. You didn't ask for such permission - and so, no, you can't do that.

References to a Swampertite have been removed. Read the RP forum rules.

ALSO a reminder that posts in the RP forums must be third person, past tense (NOT present tense!) and be at least one paragraph long. The call to read the rules applies to all of you.

Also remember that in accordance with our global rules, double posting - posting twice or more in a row - is not allowed. See the little edit button at the bottom of your post? Use it.

Last edited:
Looking back, Libra realized that her mask was sticking out of her bag. The Pikachu quickly shoved it back in, hopefully before anyone else noticed the costume.
"Tony!" Libra hissed. "I thought you got me a unique costume!"
"What?! You just said you wanted a wrestler costume. We're Pikachu, it's not like the demand for Pikachu wrestler costumes are large! I took what I could get!" Tony hissed back. Libra sighed and looked away, looking kinda depressed. Tony sighed as well, looking away from his sister and back to Aqua. He tilted his head, giving Aqua a confused look.
"Changing her type because she put on new clothes? That seems pretty silly, don't you think?" Tony asked. The cap wearing Pikachu shook his head again. "No, her type doesn't change."

Hachiman looked around the arena, curious on what kind of plan the absol has in her mind. He readied himself for anything Luciel could throw at him. "Hmm.. this is awfully new. Can't wait to see where this will take the battle to!"