• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon World Map

Well, I was wondering if anyone knew of or had access to the official rendering of what the layout of the continents and stuff is for the Official Pokemon World. Did a little bit of a search on the net and only came up with some very sketchy photos of artwork, and that was all just after Gen III came out (at least I think so). Found a lot of speculative fanart too. Nothing consistent. Just wondering if there was an officially released picture/map of the globe as we know it so far from all the games (don't even know if they would really even include the Mystery Dungeon games).

Long ago, in the days of Red and Blue, My cousin had a Magazine with Poster of the pokemon world, it even had Johto and Hoenn, Possibly even Sinnoh.
I can't remember where it came from or what else it had, I only clearly remember 3 of the land masses, and they were Kanto, Johto & Hoenn.

Well, there is the "official world according to the anime" that I found on Bulbapedia. Although this doesn't include any of the regions like Orre, Fiore, and Almia. It makes me curious as to what/where the rest of the world is.

World Map

[Edit 1] It would also be helpful if there were an English translated one too! ::)

[Edit 2] Also sort of cheap that they really don't show definitive edges to the coastlines, seems like a bit of a cop-out. Johto ends in swirly clouds? Seriously wtf?

Correct me I'm wrong...but Almia was where Destiny Deoxys took place or the move that featured Lucario as the main character. Either way, aside from the spin off game areas, all of the regions are there from the main series and the movies. Also, in the anime...there was a boat from Snowpoint City to Houen, so there's more out there...The games and Anime just haven't gotten there yet.

Correct me I'm wrong...but Almia was where Destiny Deoxys took place or the move that featured Lucario as the main character.

I'm afraid they're both wrong. Destiny Deoxys took place on in La Rousse City (possibly the name of the island the R/S battle tower stands). And I think Cameron palace is somewhere in Kanto. Almia is actually the setting for the new ranger game (pokemon ranger battonage which came out in Japan two months ago).

Plus, don't try to bet that Nintendo would officially release a world map. That would put limits on the world of pokemon. If Nintendo was to release an official map, right here right now, then it would be complicated for them to make the 5th generation. And when Ash finishes exploring Sinnoh and there is no more world for him to travel, the anime would have to stop there or make an entirely new character. So don't keep hopes up too high in finding an official world map.

Lol, well I really wasn't expecting a full blown globe or anything, but it would be cool to see where Orre and Fiore are, at least with respect to the other continents we already know and love.

Since series regions are based on regional demographics of Japan, we can probably imagine it to look like such. However, the only two regions confirmed to be connected to one another are the Johto and Kanto regions. I'm not entirely sure where the spinoff regions are located, but its quite possible they can even be located in another country. (The Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions are all apparently in one country, most likely an alternate-dimensional Japan.)

Speaking of such, is it possible for Mystery Dungeon's regions to be somewhere in that World Map? (Under the evidence that the Pokemon of these regions know what humans are.)

http://www.geocities.com/pokemontours/index.htm

This place has a map of Kanto, Jhoto, and Hoenn in it. don't know about Sinnoh thoguh.

I have that also, and while it is a very nicely drawn map it still doesn't represent the landmass's position in the world with relation to the rest of the regions we all know and love! I am also convinced that Sinnoh is somehow connected to a larger landmass on the far west side, I have yet to see any kind of map that doesn't cut the edge off and therefore think it is like an isthmus.

I can't find it. XD
It wasn't a globe kinda thing, but it said somethng along these lines:

Johto: North of Kanto West of Hoenn

or somethng similar

Well whoever put that on wherever you got that is incorrect. Anyone who has played further than the elite four on G/S/C would know that Kanto is connected to Johto on the eastern side. Unless the guy who put that info up was looking at the map turned on its side. If you happen to come across a map, try looking at it from a different side and see if it matches the description.