• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: Start Of A War (Remade) RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
(I apologize for breaking a rule earlier and I will remake the RP thread without that broken rule... I also apologize if I cannot remake threads, I made it simple aswell:()

*Dusk has awoken on the soft grass at the remains of the ghost tower and some dead pokemon (no blood)*

``What.... uhh, what happened here``

(Again, I truly am sorry if I cannot remake threads and for accidently breaking a rule involving if I am not mistaken... using a script format... remind me if it isn't a script format that I ended up typing and sending out)

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
This still contains some scripty elements (the asterisks, for one!), provides very little background, no where for anyone else to jump in and is practically a one-liner. A new reader looking at this thread would have no idea who or what Dusk is, what the ghost tower is, and what does any of this have to do with anything else, or really have much of a way to respond to all that.

So a character who may as well be a cardboard cutout of Nicolas Cage for all we know (you gave us a name but no elements of description) wakes up on a patch of grass, apparently disoriented, and apparently there are "the remains of the ghost tower" and some "dead pokemon" but "no blood". This is way too bare bones for an RP post, and definitely for an RP starter.

Think back on books that you may have read. Think on how they build a mood and introduce characters. What do these ruins look like? Are they familiar to this character? If they aren't, how does the character (and the readers) know that these are the remains of 'the ghost tower' (as opposed to just 'a tower' or 'a haunted-looking tower'? The word 'the' implies something specific)? What else is noticeable in the environment? Where are these ruins located? Is it Nighttime? Daytime? What are the ambient conditions (After all, someone else is bound to come in from somewhere and they would need to know what they're getting into!).

You mention dead bodies with no blood - does your character, once they gather their bearings, notice the ruins or the dead bodies first? How do they know these are dead bodies, for that matter? If there's no blood - are there any other immediately visible signs of injury that would make the character realize that something isn't quite right or would the bodies require some inspection to determine that they are, indeed, dead? Remember - a quick cursory look when you seemingly just woke up yourself won't give you all the details. Try to think of what the character would notice first and how would they react to it. How does all of this make them feel? What's their internal monologue on this matter?

For that matter, what are they? Are they a human? Are they a Pokemon? What are some basic elements of their appearance? You don't have to launch into a huge description block, but there are ways to integrate details into your writing that would help the reader put together the pieces of the puzzle. Again. Think about how books do it. RPing is writing a collaborative story with other people, where each person writes their own character. As a thread starter, it falls to you to actually give other people a setting to write those characters into. Remember that characters in-universe do NOT have access to the discussion threads, and information you may have hashed out there is fine and well but also need to be expressed in the body of the RP. Someone who hasn't looked at the discussion thread opening this thread will see nothing but SPAM.

In other words, please put some more effort into your writing than two lines that give no one anything to work with.
I'll give you a chance to revamp this into something presentable, but if that fails, I'm going to lock this thread. Good luck.

Last edited:
come to think of it.... I might stick to joining rps instead of making them even if they aren't much of a war.... so I give you the time to lock since its way too much for a detailed rp (and also delete or lock the sign ups aswell ;) P.S I kinda wish there were other places to RP pokemon since they are either taken down by Nintendo or game freak or just plain unpopular.... why did I make a letter format :@

Status
Not open for further replies.