• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Rumble Blast (Super Pokemon Rumble) Discussion thread. Thoughts?

We all know what October 27th is, The day the first Pokemon game on the 3DS is released in North America.
I want to know people's thoughts on the game and whether or not I should get it.

I've seen about 15 minutes worth of footage on a walkthrough on Youtube. I think the game looks good, but after all I don't want to get a game I don't like and have to return it to Gamestop for lower than half-price of the game.

Thoughts on the game?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The Wii game was entertaining initially - but the lack of Pokemon and the lack of depth meant it was little more than a short-lived distraction.

All 649 Pokemon in this version is a good start, but whether it has any more depth to the gameplay remains to be seen, I suppose.

Nick Fury said:
The Wii game was entertaining initially - but the lack of Pokemon and the lack of depth meant it was little more than a short-lived distraction.

All 649 Pokemon in this version is a good start, but whether it has any more depth to the gameplay remains to be seen, I suppose.

I've beat the Wii game and I agree with you.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm keeping my hopes up for this one personally. With all 649 Pokemon included and the various new modes, I'm hoping the gameplay won't feel as repetitive as before. Rumble on Wii felt half-assed in certain places (ie. reusing the same six stages/pieces of music for each round), and I'd like to think a proper 3DS release wouldn't fall into the same lazy design traits.

Currently I plan to buy this game for myself and my little sister, who's receiving a 3DS for her birthday. It'll be nice to have someone nearby to play it with. :)