• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Ron Towers

"Stop and smell the roses?" He smirked and took another slice of his pie. "We can't. It's uncomfortable to try and enjoy the world, when that world is being attacked. It feels...wrong." he drank from his coffee and shook his head slowly.

"Me and Furia didn't asked to be in this path, but if we didn't take it, we wouldn't be able to live with ourselves. Until we see what's at the end of it, we can't stop." He shrugged, "We tried taking a break before. It didn't work out."

Ron finally finished his pie and took the toast into his hand. "It's like an itch. The longer we try not to scratch it, the itchier it gets." He took a bite from the bread and looked at Naka. "Don't get me wrong, Gwen is a nice girl and you're a great woman. Anyone would be lucky to be traveling with you two. But I can't allow myself to enjoy the rewards when I haven't even finished the race."

He set the toast down and sighed. "Even if I die trying to reach the end of this journey, I'm not moving away from it. It's all I am."

Nakano Saito​

Date: 1 Month Ago (26 years old); June 19
Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous, Silenus the Sceptile, Mudster the Swampert

Interactions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

At least she got a smirk on his face. She understood his sentiment. Pursing her lips, she let him finish before offering her two cents, humming slightly. "And if you fail? You sure you won't have regrets to enjoy what you missed out on? Enjoy what would have been there if it didn't get attacked first before you were able to prevent it?"

She reached out to hold his hand, gaze soft. "Though, I do understand this itch. My itch is curiosity. How what I know could benefit those all around us. It's maddening not knowing something, even if I understand the gist of it. The world can't keep its secrets from me, and it's this drive that makes me strive to keep these evil teams from rising up in the first place and learning what they were planning to do. Because we've already seen their damages, I'd rather not have a repeat of letting them do whatever the hell they please with my planet."

She hummed, a playful smile on her face. "Still... While you may still plant your feet firmly on the path, it wouldn't hurt to drag your attention elsewhere before suddenly plopping you back on the path you were just walking on before you realize you had fun. I mean, that's what happened earlier, right?" She chuckled. "Though, that sucks you can't consciously do that. But I won't force you if you don't want to. That'll be all your doing. I just take every fun moment as a time to learn and grow stronger. Doesn't feel like a break until you move on and realize it was kind of a break looking back on it."

She then grinned playfully, leaning forward. "Besides, who said you can't break a few rules to enjoy the prize before you finish? Just a little taste to renew your vigor?" She giggled, cheeks now pink from how she was just offering. "Besides, I'm sure the prize is supposed to wait for you on the other end of the finish line, not run with you on a similar path."

Ron Towers - June 19th- Route 16, Sinnoh.

Ron looked at Naka while taking the last drink from his coffee. "How about you teach me what I'm missing out, might convince me to stop and enjoy the flowers more often." He leaned over the counter, getting closer to Naka, using his hand to try and pull her closer for a kiss. Then...

Fwoosh!

The window illuminated with a bright flame coming from outside. Ron looked over and smiled, looking at Naka with a cocky expression. "You wanted to know more about Furia right? This is your chance."

Ron got up, walking quickly to their room, getting their coats and tossing Naka's hers as he put his on. "You ever handled a Pokemon like Furia before?" Ron opened the door and stood out, squinting his eyes as a cold breeze crashed into his face.

The punk made his way around the cabin and his eyes scanned the white scenery quickly, locking on the purplish badger standing around a grassy field, recently uncovered by Furia's flames. The Typhlosion had a malicious grin on her face as she stood around the flaming grass, her red eyes glaring down the big Mamoswine on the other side.

"Yo, Furia!" Ron called out walking over to the scene. "You found an opponent I see..." He looked at the ground ice Pokemon. "Whoa that's a fat Mamoswine." He crossed his arms and looked at his starter Pokemon, "By the way Furia, we're changing it up."

Furia's eyes darted to her trainer, her smile disappearing and being replaced by a growl. Ron held up his hands, "You're the one who wants a challenge and to be honest, I don't know squat about Mamoswine. But..." He looked over at Naka with a teasing smile. "She does."

Furia looked over at Naka, anger in her eyes before spitting a puff of smoke and turning her attention towards her opponent. "Wow she's actually okay with it, you ready Naka?" Ron stepped back, eager to see how this played out.

Nakano Saito​

Pokemon Team: Chu the Pichu, Fluffy the Flareon, Hanu the Infernape, Yuki the Froslass, Aero the Aerodactyl, Orochi the Zweilous, Silenus the Sceptile, Mudster the Swampert

Interactions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

Ohhh, how was he so smooth with those words? She grinned, coming in close to kiss.

Only for it to be interrupted with the sounds of flames through the window.

She looked at the window with a raised eyebrow, then gave a challenging smirk to match that of Ron's cockiness. Oh? Learn about Furia?

If Naka knew anything about Ghost-Types, they were pranksters, and angry or grouchy Ghost-Types may make pretty painful pranks. She figured she was going to be with Ron and battling something, as those flames were probably not just for show or for getting rid of all the ice.

Naka followed Ron, grabbing her coat but was unsure if she should wear it. The cold didn't bother her as much as the next person due to having to live up here for a while. At his question, she nodded with a wide grin on her face. "Yup. Hanu and my Barraskewda were like that. So was my Swampert for a brief moment."

Putting on the coat anyway, she left with Ron to the outside, where she caught sight of Furia challenging the Mamoswine. Unlike other Mamoswine, not only was this thing chunky, but it was taller and it had scars across his curled tusks and the white border around his eyes. Being ten feet tall, the creature had a black cloak over it. He stared down Furia as if she were some insignificant child trying to pick a fight with someone far older.

Naka had fought this Mamoswine before. In fact, it beat Hanu, but that was a few years ago. Who knew how strong this thing was now. She looked at Ron with some confusion before realizing she was going to command Furia. "Really...?" And Furia was fine with it?

She stared at Furia, then smiled, walking up where she would be standing if she were Furia's trainer. Taking off her coat knowing it was going to be getting warmer, she tied it around her waist. While she still had a long-sleeved, dark green sweater, it was clear she was getting just as fired up to not need it as much.

Just as soon as Naka got into position, Akira came running out. "Whoa whoa, what's with the- huh? Oh." Akira calmed down when he realized it was just a Pokemon battle. "Well, if it's a Pokemon battle you want, you got one." He grinned wide, running to the other side of the field and standing behind his Mamoswine, whose legs widened slightly and his head bowed until the tusks hit the ground.

"Better not disappoint. I saw that fight against Gardenia. You better show me talent worthy of that prestige badge." Akira grinned, punching his fist against his hand as his Mamoswine roared.

"Aw, great, more pressure." Naka chuckled nervously, before shaking her head and analyzing the Mamoswine. "Alright, Furia. This thing's got a Covert Cloak. Your moves won't be able to cause any additional effects like burn or a special drop. Not only is this guy just as experienced as you, but he's got Thick Fat, making your fire not as strong against it compared to other Mamoswine. Whatever you throw at it, it will take and dish it out." She looked back at Furia, hoping she understood that. "This is going to be a really rough fight if you don't let me help. I've seen this thing fight before, too." She said that decisively and with finality, exercising her leadership as a trainer and letting Furia know she had no way of winning without her help.

On cue, two other Pokemon appeared on the sidelines. A Chandelure and a Bastiodon sat at the sidelines, watching the fight. They also looked equally scuffed up, especially Bastiodon. There was even a point at the top of his shield head that was chipped.

Naka stared down the Mamoswine, who pawed the ground and waited for Furia's move.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus
WCS Rank: 69,989

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob), Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101)

Just as soon as Reggie fell asleep, he woke up. Thirty minutes later.

He didn't know the reason why he woke up, but Munna's batting of his head had him finally coming to his senses. He looked at the rod he had sandwiched and saw the line was being tugged. With excitement, he swiped it from its jerry-rigged hold and began to pull, then let whatever he caught pull it forward as he wound the line back into its reel, then stopped to pull.

"Whoaaa, I got something!"

The thing he ended up catching was peeved that the hook had hit him against the side. He had seen these things before and was surprised there was no bait, as Reggie forgot. However, it nearly cut him, and so he charged at it, taking a big bite of it. But now he was stuck to it.

So Reggie was tugging on the line, and that was when he pulled up to have found a...

Basculin? But it had white stripes. Clearly, its stripes weren't red nor blue.

He stared in shock. What was this thing? He watched as the Basculin glared at him, then became cloaked in water as he charged forth. Munna floated in front of Reggie protectively, unleashing a beam of psychic energy. The Psybeam hit, breaking the Basculin from its Aqua Jet and sending it flying back.

Not wanting to waste this opportunity, Reggie threw a Dive Ball, hitting the fish before it hit the water. He watched as the ball shook as it bobbed on the water. Then, it clicked. "Yeah! I caught it!" He jumped and cheered, forgetting Baba was asleep. "Now, come to papa!" Elvira cooed happily as she pulled the Pokeball up, only for two translucent, blue tentacles to immediately grab it and take it back down.

Reggie stood there in shock.

"WhaaAAAAAT??????" Reggie's hands gripped his hair as he stared in disbelief. "Well, if you think you can just take my Pokemon like that, think again!" Without wasting a second, he went to jump in the water in a comical swan dive because he slipped slightly, hell bent on capturing whatever Pokemon had done this. Cooing uncertainly, his Munna shook her head and landed on Reggie's things, not wanting to leave the safety of the Tentacruel.

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 19 (26yo)
Location: Yellow Rock Beach, Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Archipelago, Johto
Pokemon Team: Mudster the Swampert, Iwa the Wishiwashi, Aero the Aerodactyl, Hattie the Hatterene, Silenus the Sceptile, Yuki the Froslass, Tochi the Parasect

Interactions: Desmond (Godjacob)

Once Desmond was secure on Aero's back, Naka snapped her fingers and pointed for shore while she chuckled a bit from what Desmond said. "Hey, we're all alive, right? Besides, I don't know many places with two-story Blastoise, so most water areas should be relatively safe."

Aero cooed happily and flapped, grabbing the paraglider and the Wingull stuck to it as he then flew back to shore, not caring if the Wingull were hitting him in the face. Even the attempted Water Guns were rather pitiful. These Pokemon weren't really strong, were they? He decided to show these pesky birds that water didn't bother him as much as other Rock-Types. Yeah, they hurt, but such weak moves and oceans didn't matter to him. While coasting just on top of the water, he dunked his head under the surface, then brought it back up, dunking the birds in the process.

He landed on shore, letting go of the paraglider and squatting to allow the humans off. Naka slid off and pulled out the case that held the vial of blood. "Got what I wanted to." She cheered happily. "Can't wait to see what kind of genetics this thing has. There must be an answer as to why it's that big. Unless it's really just as simple as it being a few centuries old." She mused to herself, absolutely intrigued.

Last edited:
Furia Towers, The Empress of Tomorrow, June 19th, somewhere snowy.

What on earth was that blonde woman blabbing about? Ron was trying to make them bond, it was obvious. For some reason she needed to cooperate with his chosen mate. Furia had to admit though, of all the woman she had seen Ron nest with, Naka was by far the more competent looking one.

While Naka's fight against the grass lady was interesting, it didn't show she could handle someone at Furia's level. Heck, she could've ended all those grass types on her own if she wanted to. Naka was about to learn, what a real Pokemon looked like.

"Fear me, swine, or you will regret it!" Furia snarled through her teeth as she sprang into action.

The fire on her back ignited while she took in a deep breath before unleashing a big Flamethrower going directly to her opponent. While Naka thought of a strategy, Furia was going to demonstrate just how much destructive power was at her disposal. The flames didn't let out, Furia was determined to burn the Mamoswine until there was nothing left of it.

Nakano Saito​

Battling: Akira and Mamoswine vs Furia the Hisuian Typhlosion (Hecotoro)
Mentions: Ron Towers (Hecotoro)

Naka can feel that Furia was being stubborn. While in a fight, she can almost sense how well Pokemon tend to follow her instructions. Obviously, Furia wasn't hers, and it showed she was still impulsive. While Furia let out a blowing stream of fire, Naka quickly scanned Furia's battling ability on her phone with the Pokedex function, showing her Furia's ability and attacks. Blaze with Infernal Parade, Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Mystical Fire, Thunder Punch, Swift, Calm Mind, and Quick Attack, with extra moves being Rollout, Smokescreen, and Ominous Wind. That's... a moveset. She was hoping for Solar Beam, but oh well.

The Mamoswine let the Flamethrower hit. In fact, he let it go on for as long as Furia was able to hold out using it until she was exhausted. Akira chuckled. "We've fought against fire Pokemon before. Mamoswine, show them why we're called the Fire Busters!"

The Mamoswine roared, yelling back at Furia with "then you will be disappointed!". Raising his front feet, he slammed them down on the ground. Glowing rocks shot from the ground and targeted Furia, the Ancient Power being a particularly quick move.

"Furia, Quick Attack to dodge and get in close! It's got Light Screen, so you can't attack it at range for too much longer!"

"Hey, that's cheating!" Akira laughed, then shook his head. "Aite, better use it then."

Mamoswine's body shimmered, prepping to use the Light Screen.

"Tch." Furia felt annoyed, Quick Attack was also her idea but the blonde trainer just happened to think the same thing.

The fire badger landed on her four legs as white energy covered her body. She shot forward, dodging the flying stones with ease, circling around the Mamoswine a few times before stopping on his left. She didn't care for the Light Screen though, in fact, she welcomed the challenge. Furia smirked at the Mamoswine and once again unleashed a Flamethrower directly at it. Even if he wasn't taking much damage, she was going to cook him!

Nakano Saito​

As Furia danced around the Mamoswine, he shimmered in the light and he began to sparkle. Once Furia stopped and used Flamethrower, Akira yelled. "Wall!" A slanted wall of light appeared and redirected the flames up and over the Mamoswine.

Naka already had an idea of how they were going to breach those special defenses. Despite Mamoswine not being known for such, this Mamoswine was proving to be extremely difficult with it. They not only needed to not use Fire-Type attacks, but they had to at least be physical. But Furia wouldn't listen to that, and the only physical moves she had that were usable were Quick Attack and Rollout.

And now that this thing was set up? It was dangerous.

"Furia, Infernal Parade into Quick Attack! Fire attacks won't work anymore! Get it on two feet!" At least with Infernal Parade, it would be difficult to block with the wall of light. It would still not do too much damage thanks to the proper use of Light Screen, but it was all they had.

"Mamoswine, power up!" Priming himself with the status move of Double Hit, his next attack was going to be extra strong.

Last edited:

Again?! When would Naka learn that Furia was here to demonstrate her power! She looked at Naka with an annoyed look and then focused on the Mamoswine again.

"I'll cook you slowly if I have to!"

Typhlosion took in a deep breath and fired another Flamethrower at the Mamoswine. She could see the flames getting thinner as they went through the Light Screen, but she wasn't about to give up on them just yet. In fact, she grinned as the Mamoswine prepared to attack.

"About time, show me what you can do, pig!"

Nakano Saito​

Furia's attempt at trying to use Flamethrower only had Naka grimacing. But it wasn't out of annoyance. Was Furia trying to show off? She was exhibiting behavior some of her own Pokemon used before.

The Mamoswine actually laughed at Furia, his legs glowing with earthen energy.

With that in mind, she yelled again. "If you're trying to show off, you're only going to get hurt! You can't brute force this fight or you will lose! He can't attack if he's on two feet! Now it's too late! Get on his back with Quick Attack! He's gonna use Earthquake!"

She was correct, the Mamoswine's front half lifted off the ground, and then he bashed the ground. The earth cracked, then splintered, then the earth shifted into large plates, lifting and dipping with the immense power of a boosted Ground-Type attack. The earth dipped right under Furia's location and another piece of earth between her and the Mamoswine and another behind her rose into the air. The pieces of earth smashed together, raining chunks of glowing earth onto Furia if she didn't get out in time.

Even if she were to get out of that first trap, the hardest part was trying to even get close to Mamoswine. The earth moved like if it were water, the earth rolling before suddenly breaking apart and exploding out chunks of earth to attack wherever Furia was at.

The entire battlefield had shifted in orientation and appearance. The Mamoswine's earth under him had scooted him further away from Furia, and now the ground was incredibly uneven, making this treacherous with chasms as the battlefield had also widened. Just one use of Earthquake was enough to cause this massive shift enough for him to not even need to move one step off his spot.

"You ground types are so predictable." Furia growled, her body gaining a white glow as she used Quick Attack to sway and leap in between the attacks.

Furia had been using Quick Attack since before they even started going after Team Rocket. It might not hit hard, but she was a master of using it. Get on the swine's back? Pathetic. Furia circled around the Mamoswine again, keeping her distance and avoid the live ground.

Furia heard Ron's chuckle. She agreed with him, they might be used to fire attacks, but Furia had faced many Earthquake attacks. This was but child's play to her. Instead, she waited for the last shock of the ground move to go her eat before jumping into the air and spitting a cloud of purple smoke at the Mamoswine, Smokescreen.

"If that's your best shot, you might as well surrender now."

Nakano Saito​

Furia danced around, but refused to go on the Mamoswine's back. Naka watched with an impressed look on her face, but Mamoswine was equipped to take the Smokescreen.

"Suck it up!" The Mamoswine snorted. As the smoke got closer to his face, he breathed it in through his mouth, the smokescreen disappearing from the vacuum. He then snorted it out of his nose, hoping to hit her in the eyes with her own Smokescreen.

"Now, Icicle Crash!"

The Mamoswine's tusks began glowing, then his entire front half became encased in hard ice. Roaring, the Mamoswine jumped off to the side to land on a raised piece of earth to then rush headlong into the Furia.

Naka, having seen this coming, yelled out. "To your left, get under him and use Flamethrower!" Despite how dangerous that was, the Mamoswine would have coasted over Furia if she kept low to the ground and did as Naka said. Furia would have not only avoided Mamoswine's attack and there would have been no chance of a counter attack if she dove under him, but she would soon see that she would have an easier time cooking his underbelly.

"I know what I'm doing!" Furia snapped at Naka, which came out as a growl.

Not wanting to admit it though, Furia wanted to burn that belly. She rushed forward her gaze on the charging Mamoswine. Just before impact, she jumped to the left, sliding through the burnt grass and then shooting a Flamethrower at full power. After her momentum ended, she jumped back on to her four legs and started sprinting towards Akira, a malicious look on her face.

Nakano Saito​

Naka ignored the growling protests of the Typhlosion, instead focusing on the battle. She wasn't going to get upset just because some badger didn't like this new girl telling her what to do. Furia listened... Partially.

Problem was, Furia wasn't completely under him. The Mamoswine's eyes trailed to where Furia was and lengthened his ice across his body to shield the brunt of that attack. It did make him growl from the critical hit, but because Furia didn't fully listen to Naka, Mamoswine remained pretty okay. What surprised Akira was the badger heading towards him, but he had a smirk on his face.

Furia running after Akira had Naka furrowing her brow. She snapped. "You going to attack a human like a feral Shadow Pokemon? I know you're better than some evil team's weapon!"

The Mamoswine had landed on another platform, then smashed the ground. A rock jutted in the path of Furia's charge. Having seen the rock pop forth, Naka yelled. "Use Swift on the projectiles!" The rock then splintered as they charged at Furia to pierce her with Stone Edge.

Furia sneakered along with her trainer as the Mamoswine tried to stop her from getting to his trainer. Pft, Swift? She could do better than that. Furia's flames ignited and she leaped into the air, curling up and turning into a flaming Rollout.

Furia smashed through the stones, taking some damage while doing so, but she was more than willing to in order to demonstrate her power. She landed past the rocks and rushed towards Akira again, stopping in front of him and sending snow his way. Furia turned to face Naka with a cocky grin on her face. She began walking back towards the Mamoswine. Circling, like a lion looking at its prey.

Nakano Saito​

Hmm, interesting. She wasn't actually going to attack Akira. Granted, having used Swift would have negated taking any damage. Furia was going to regret that later.

Akira chuckled as he shielded from the snow. However, this only angered the Mamoswine. Unprompted, the surprisingly clear-headed Mamoswine roared, both feet turning into a different color than the other.

Oh boy.

"It's going to use Stone Edge and Earthquake combined! Rollout and Quick Attack! Use the stones to bounce between them so you can hit him! Go for his back!"

If Furia was going to be like that, might as well have her do something creative.

The Mamoswine's ground cracked. Smashing both feet on the ground with little rise from his body, the ground began moving again. This time, stones erupted from the ground where Furia was at and where the Mamoswine predicted she'd move to. Rolling into a ball would help negate some of that damage, while allowing her to potentially use the now floating rocks as bounce pads if she likes to be a prankster. This would give her some leeway to attack the Mamoswine as she wished, if she got out of it without any of her movement disrupted. However, that would prove to be difficult as the earth rolled and splintered, while the floating rocks bashed into each other or the ground to make bouncing between them difficult, but it was far more doable than doing anything else.

If she did get close and launched at him head on instead of heeding Naka's advice, the Mamoswine's head would move and the tusk dipping to catch the Typhlosion and launch her up, making her an easy target to hit if she ended up going for his front, side, or backside.

About time she made the Mamoswine attack for real. Naka's suggestion was okay, except for the Rollout. She said she was going to cook him and she was a woman of her word. Furia jumped from stone to stone, a purple blur was the only thing visible to the rest. As she got near the Mamoswine, she leaped of his back and landed in front of Naka, throwing snow her way also.

Furia stood on her two legs and fired another Flamethrower at the Mamoswine. Once she was done she looked over her shoulder at Naka, a smirk on her face, resembling Ron's. She turned again to her opponent, "Ready to fight seriously now?"

Nakano Saito​

Naka let out a small chuckle as she watched Furia bound around. Thankfully, she heeded her warning on going for the back. However, she jumped off the back and landed a bit away. The Flamethrower came, but it didn't hit the Mamoswine, a rock jutting up to block the hit.

Naka deadpanned at Furia's smirk, the snow having hit Naka's stomach and seeped through her sweater, but she was now too warm to worry about how cold that was. "If you want to cook it, at least listen to me so you can." She pointed to the scorched stone in the way of the Mamoswine's body. Then, the stone moved towards it, as the Mamoswine behind it cloaked his front half in hard ice mixed in with bits of earth and stone that clung to the rock, using the rock as a wall.

Naka noticed what he was doing and smiled. "Smokescreen so he can't see you! Jump up and use Flamethrower! That Light Screen is down!" Having said that, the Mamoswine behind the rock lost its shimmer.

~Aldon...~
~Skol the god, Bran the bronzor,
Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Yellow Island, July 19th...~

Aldon watched as the bug and psychic tag team flew over. He turned and chuckled at Desmond's response.

"Next time theres a diving adventure, I'm totally down! Wasn't my first deep sea exploration and won't be my last...!" Aldon said referencing his time in Unova. Aldon looked over at Naka, who was talking about genetics of the blastoise.

"No doubt! Maybe some insight on its diet. Thing could probably swallow magikarp whole. What do you plan to find with it's dna?" Aldon asked.

$16,350
14x pokéballs
5x Super Potions
3x Full Heals
6x Oran berry,
C-Gear
Waterproof sleeping bag
Travel cooking supplies
Portable tent
Hiking and archeology tools

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~

For thirty minutes, Briar laid there collecting sun rays. Relaxing. Then Reggie claimed to have caught something. Briar turned to look at Adrianne then at Reggie whom was dealing with a basculin. She lifted her sunglasses to her forehead, squinting her eyes to try make out the thing's color. Neither red nor blue. Either way Reggie caught it and that was that. Maggie quietly watched the fight. Baba continued to catch more Z's. A nose bubble had formed on Baba's face.

"Ah. Not bad. Now it's your turn to catch something, honey" Briar said gesturing to Adrianne. She sat up straight and tall. Carefully looking around in the water, trying to spot a fish. She put her sunglasses over her eyes as she looked around. Baba grouchily woke up as she heard Reggie talking. She wiped her face and began incoherently mumbling to herself. Briar saw Reggie jump in the water. Briar began to slide her shorts off.

"Watch Maggie while I go help your friend...!" Briar said, tossing her shorts on the back of Maggie. Briar had her swim wear on so it was fine. She slid into the water, feet first. Baba leaped on Maggie, then on Briar, then on Maggie and then back on Briar. Baba didn't wanna get wet, but she didn't wanna be alone with Maggie and this girl she didn't know. So she decided to go with Briar. Baba panic screamed until her head was fully submerged in water. Briar began to swim around. Baba clinged onto briar, and Briar began swimming towards them.

$20,939
14x super balls
5x hyper Potions
3x Full Heals
6x sitrus berry
7x water bottles
4x repels
Rotom phone
a bottle of whiskey
x2 mystery flasks
x6 shot glasses

Last edited:

"Ugh, so annoying." Furia grunted while still glaring at the Mamoswine. "Fine." She looked at Naka and nodded.

Furia spat a ball of purple smoke at the Mamoswine. She inhaled as much air as she could before charging into the smoke. Once inside the Smokescreen, she leaped into the air and unleash her Flamethrower. The momentum from the attack was strong enough to send Furia flying backwards, spreading the flames wide.

Nakano Saito​

Battling: Akira and Mamoswine [Covert Cloak] vs Furia the Hisuian Typhlosion (Hecotoro)
Stats: Mamoswine = +1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Def, +1 Spe

Finally! Furia listened!

Naka returned the nod, a fire in her eyes. The Mamoswine was unable to see where the Typhlosion was coming from, the smoke keeping him on his toes and guessing. He didn't sense her to her sides, but when he felt the heat above him, he skidded to a halt several feet from Naka, who simply stood there unfazed, like she knew he wouldn't hit her.

"Alright!" She cheered, the Flamethrower being a critical hit. The ice broke, sending the rock wall tumbling down. He smashed it with his tusks, the rock energy transferring to the rock from the swine and making them rise. They then fired towards the airborne Typhlosion. If they even got close to Furia however, they were going to explode, as evident by the light shining brighter from the cracks leading to their core. Mamoswine's body glowed red briefly from the Ancient Power buff.

"It's powered up and those rocks will explode if they get too close to you!" Remembering Furia using her flames to fly, she smiled. "Mystical Fire into Flamethrower! Hit those rocks first, they'll provide decent cover for you for your next attack!" Due to the latent energy of the rocks, the energy inside would actually aid in making it difficult to see the flying badger in the air, if only briefly. The rubble and the particulates falling down would also act like Sand Attack if they hit him in the eyes, a perfect time for that follow up Flamethrower.

Last edited:
Queen Oracle the Honored One, She Who Stands Above, the All-Powerful and All-Knowing, Mistress of Her All-Encompassing Domain
Second Night of the Seventh Moon - Under the Stars

Stupid useless Monty, forcing her to defend her pride as queen. Stupid useless Chauffemagne, so incompetent that she had to play a direct role in his training. And stupid Esther, just because.

Her revenge would come, but for now she'd take her anger out on her useless little teammate down the way. Oracle sunk down onto her hind legs, charging her spring forward with a wiggle of her hindquarters, and her claws dug into the earthen path for a better grip. Her red eyes were wide open, and she listened intently for Monty's call to start.

The Queen of the Battlefield was ready, but useless Monty tried to give her another instruction. "Try not to beat him up too bad. I don't want to have to make a trip to the Center tonight." Oracle didn't acknowledge the comment, stupid as it was, and her trainer cupped his hands around his mouth and turned down the path.

"GO!"

As soon as Oracle saw the pinprick of light forming in Chauffemagne's jaws, she opened the flow of energy into her body. Her leg muscles tensed, and the trees around them swayed in the breeze at half the speed.

SHIK!

Oracle kicked up dirt as she SHOT! forward, faintly glowing with the white light of <<Quick Attack>>. She closed a third of the distance between herself and useless Chauffemagne before his fireball could clear half the same distance. Straight ahead was the path of least resistance and the path she took, but it was the same path the Houndour sent his fireball.

Oracle's boosted speed faded and the rest of the world caught up to her, and the fireball closed the distance far faster than she anticipated. The Absol's eyes snapped open and glowed blue, and the precognitive power of <<Detect>> took over her movements and guided her out of harm's way just in time.

She heard useless Monty's barking voice from behind her. "I SAID NO DETECT!"

Who was he yelling at?! Oracle turned her head to shoot him a venomous glare, but taking her eyes off of her opponent nearly did her in.

FWOOSH!

Chauffemagne had launched a second Incinerate, but the useless pup's aim was off. It barely missed Oracle, nearly singing her freshly-groomed coat, and by the time she snapped back onto him he was already charging a third.

Damn him! Oracle's horn needed time to recover before she could tap into her pre-cognition again. She'd have to move, quic—

Oh. Oh that bastard! Was this what Monty intended in the first place? What a crafty attendant she'd ended up with. Very well, she'd play into his hand for now.

The Absol channeled <<Quick Attack>> again, and SHOT! in a diagonal to throw off Chauffemagne's accuracy. Her direction change worked, and the Incinerate sailed by harmlessly. She was now two-thirds of the way to the pup, but he was already charging another attack. Would he be able to time it correctly if she went to the right again?

Chauffe didn't give her time to think about it. The time between fireballs was getting faster, and two sailed toward her right by the time Oracle channeled <<Quick Attack>> again. Left, it was.

The Absol SPRUNG! forward, and with her perception of time slowed she took a moment to study the two fireballs. They were smaller than usual, and moved even slower. A trade-off for a faster fire rate?

ffffwwWWOOO!

No, a deception! Oracle swung her weight to the right, digging her claws into the dirt and barely saving herself from being intercepted by a normally-sized Incinerate. So those other two weren't Incinerate at all, but a weaker move! Ember, were they called?

It was admittedly clever, but the near-interception was Chauffemagne's last chance for victory. The Absol was only a few strides away, and immediately after her <<Quick Attack>> dissipated Oracle channeled it again. In a FLASH! of white she SLAMMED! into the pup, picking him off the ground and knocking a puff of smoke from his surprised maw.

"ALRIGHT, ORACLE WINS! RESET, CHAUFFE TO ME!" Monty's call came from down the path, and Oracle glared down at the Houndour as he picked himself up. She gave him a low growl as their eyes met. He'd have to try harder to hit her.

Furia snarled as the projectiles headed her way. Naka had a good idea, an obvious one though, but Furia's version was better. Purple flames appeared around the Typhlosion and fired off at the incoming stones. Upon contact they exploded into purple flames, Infernal Parade. Furia landed safely on the ground, her eyes piercing the Mamoswine.

"Alright blonde woman, this is what a real fire Pokemon can do!" Furia prepared to send another Flamethrower, her flames burning brightly, her stance becoming stiff and a prankster gleam in her eyes.

The flames traveled over the field again, even lighting up the area a bit as they expanded upon contact. Furia stood there with a malicious grin, looking over her shoulder at Naka. That Infernape of hers could never produce such marvelous fire.

Nakano Saito​

Battling: Akira and Mamoswine [Covert Cloak] vs Furia the Hisuian Typhlosion (Hecotoro)

The use of Infernal Parade over Mystical Fire was a better choice. This was the kind of tug of command she was used to from her own Pokemon. Hanu and Silenus were like this at times, and Yuki especially. The smoke from the Infernal Parade aided in covering her descent, so the Mamoswine couldn't accurately use an attack to get her mid-fall. The dust also fell into his face, making him growl and roar in irritation.

Now that the Pokemon was unable to fight just by himself, Akira's voice called out. "Icicle Crash!" Ice formed around his body, taking the Flamethrower head on, but he was starting to feel the effects from all this fire. Naka looked back at Furia, then giggled with a cocky grin. "Showing off, eh? I like it." She complimented, that's when she noticed the icy Mamoswine. Eyes widening, she pointed. "It's going to charge! Quick Attack from the side to knock him over so you can use Flamethrower at point blank!" Naka was starting to get used to what Furia was more used to doing in terms of commands, but she hoped this wasn't too far from the norm from what Furia was used to. It had her making use of her bulk and fiery strength, so hopefully she was okay in continuing that trend.

Meanwhile, the Mamoswine charged, roaring. If Furia didn't try to stop the Mamoswine's charge, it would whiz past Naka.

The pig was getting annoyed? Good, it might start giving her a fight then. Furia knew dodging and going for a direct attack was the best choice, but it was also too easy. She wanted to be pushed to her limits.

"Bring it!" Furia roared at the Mamoswine, spreading her arms open and ready to take the blow.

As the Mamoswine collided into her, Furia was sent flying, crashing into the ground past Naka. She stood back up, glaring at Mamoswine and breathing heavily, small purple flames forming around her mouth. Furia got on her four legs and roared at her opponent, rushing ahead and leaping into a fire covered Rollout. She rushed past Naka and went to take the mammoth Pokemon head on.

Nakano Saito​

Naka raised an eyebrow as Furia got hit full on by the hit. Did she want to make this more of a challenge? Wanted to feel the Mamoswine's strength? Hah, it was actually very similar to Naka in a way. She looked over Furia to see she was still able to fight, albeit maybe a bit more focused in the fight. However, that's when Furia went in for a head-on collision, and the Mamoswine ducked his head.

"Jump to hit him square in the head! He's gonna throw you up if you don't!"

If Furia didn't jump to do so, the Mamoswine's tusks would shine, rocky bits forming on the tusks with Stone Edge and increasing his sharpness. If she hit his tusks, he'd block the hit, then jab one of the sharpened stony tusks into her before flinging her straight up into the air. The Stone Edge covering his tusks would then glow and fire straight up to hit her with an improvised Stone Edge.

Furia smashed into the Mamoswine's tusk, avoiding the direct him, but getting flung into the air. She had to admit the impact had hurt her a lot more than her opponent. But now, she got a good taste of his strength. There was no point of facing such a foe without seeing what they were capable of.

Furia landed on the ground in front of Naka, on her back. She laid there for a few seconds, a serious look on her face. "Let's get serious."

The flaming ghost badge got to her two feet, her arms hanging to her sides and her head hanging low. The fire on her back went out like if someone had blown out a candle. Then, Furia decided it was time to play around with her ghost powers.

A vicious smile on her face as two Shadow Balls formed on each of her paws. She stood her ground as the shadowy spheres began to grow in side, as if they were about to go out of control form Furia's grasp. She launched the first one, throwing it as hard as she could and then the second one as if she was throwing a bowling ball.

Nakano Saito​

Naka watched the change in Furia. Saw the look on her face. She was treating these fights as a challenge. She can see it now. She even admired it a little. She watched as Furia wanted to try out the ghost energies and she gave Akira a look, as if to say 'let her play with it'.

"Light Screen!" Akira called out. Since the Mamoswine was having difficulty seeing from the sand, all he could do was put up a Light Screen. He created two, one in front of each tusk. They were slanted, forcing a Shadow Ball to explode upon impact and sending the shockwave of the blast away from the Mamoswine to prevent taking any damage from it. The bowling ball of a Shadow Ball had coasted right between his tusks. Knowing this was going to hurt, he quickly waved his head to one side, the Shadow Ball exploding upon contact with his tusk but making him groan out in pain from doing so. "Icicle Crash!" The Light Screen walls vanished, and his tusks were starting to become coated in ice again.

Naka saw an opening. "Shadow Ball right between the eyes! He won't be able to block that!" A Shadow Ball to the face should stop him and it would be difficult for him to block with the tusks if he were to swing them.

"No shit, Naka." Furia rolled her eyes. She was able to see the clearly what she was also seeing, maybe even better

Furia prepared her Shadow Balls again. She held them both in each hand, the ghost powers gathering in her paws, becoming even bigger than the ones before. She threw the first one like a bowling ball again. The second one though, she jumped into the air and spiked it like if it was volleyball. Once she landed, three purple flames appeared around her, Infernal Parade, reading to launch them at her opponent.

Nakano Saito​

Now fully understanding how Furia worked (and she guessed the noise she made being one of exasperation because she saw it too), Naka was going to hold back on being too over the top with her commands unless needed. The bowling Shadow Ball was swept away by a tusk as the Mamoswine charged, only for the Shadow Ball to hit him in the face. The hit made him dazed, and he shook his head a bit from that.

Having to stop, the Mamoswine reassessed his opponent and saw the Infernal Parade. "Stone Edge!"

"Wait. It's not an attack." Naka said, watching as the stones appeared around the Mamoswine to protect him from the flames. "Those stones will be thrown upwards if you move over them." She said as the battle began to quiet down.

"Ancient Power!" Floating stones appeared above the hole above Mamoswine's spot, then were flung with ancient rock energy towards Furia.

"Now!" She said, knowing that Furia can handle it from here, as the Mamoswine holed itself up within his own cage, hoping Furia was wary of the Stone Edge coming up to hurt her if she jumped over it.

Last edited:
Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

As the Aerodactyl finished its rather pointless little scuffle with the Wingull, Desmond slumped off its back and just collapsed on the sand, his gaze locked to the sky above as the anxiety of this epic had drained him of whatever energy he had left. For now, he just appreciated this chance to catch his breath as Politoed and Kricktune moved by his side as Kricketune seemed happy they had been able to help save the day and Politoed just enjoyed the adventure.

Desmond, much less so.

"Given this group's tendencies, how much longer we'll be alive remains to be seen..." Desmond muttered to Naka with a sigh, as she seemed to get her blood sample. Oh joy, they almost died but least she got her little science sample, though Desmond lacked much energy for the sass.

Aldon seemed to find the experience fun, which had been on brand for him but as he relaxed in the sun, he had to admit...he still had been here, and as Kricketune and Politoed kept close to Desmond he noticed for once his sheepishness around them seemed to not trigger...perhaps the experience had allowed this moment to stand as an outlier, though as he looked at the sky he had not been able to mask a small smile of sorts.

Sure you would've loved something like this, eh Alvin?

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)

Adrianne had been waiting on her line the whole half hour, just humming a sweet tune to herself as she observed the beauty of the open sea. A couple times her line got a snag but when she pulled on it had come up empty. Still, she had refused to get discouraged, she knew she was close she just had to bide her time and wait for the right moment to...

Oh shit Reggie had caught one!

"Oh nice nice!" Adrianne cheered as Reggie tried to pull in a Pokemon out, what appeared to be a Basculin. How cool, once she reeled it in she would attempt to scan it with her Pokedex, and sure enough the Dive Ball seemed to catch it with a click as Adrianne seemed to whoop her support. "Congrats man!"

Then some tentacles seemed to grab his Pokeball, and Reggie dived into the water! "W-whaaa...!?" Adrianne cried out, but before she had a chance to offer support Briar seemed to dive in after her as she was told to watch the Tentacruel as all of this seemed to happen all at once as she looked befuddled.

"T-this is crazy!" Adrianne mused, but as she contemplated what to do her own reel seemed to dip down as something had taken hook and her eyes widened a bit as she grabbed her fishing rod. Now she had to hope the two were okay, manage the Tentacruel and keep the reel strong as she pulled in and had been in quite the struggle...

Furia watched as the Mamoswine basically created a fort around it. Perfect. She stood her ground and took in a deep long breath. Her cheeks inflated, her fire grew around her neck and back before unleashing her best Flamethrower yet. The fire smashed against the rocks and Furia wouldn't let up. Furia's intentions? Heat up the rocks!

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Eveline

Eveline had watched as Reina attempted to catch the Pokémon not once, but twice in quick succession, though that wasn't necessarily what she was concerned about at the moment. When Reina actually caught it, based on her ecstatic tone and wild movements, Eveline booked it over to where the Blastoise was, then looked around at the sand. Eventually, she found her target, rushing over to Revengeance who was collapsed on the shore. She checked their pulse and put her hand on his head... he was very much still alive, just very tired, but Eveline was still very scared for her little baby. She would then return both Revengeance and Conquest to their balls, her team was in very bad shape, only ones left kicking were Rebellion and Ruination. Her next stop: Pokémon Center, and after that, it was time for some rest... and a very long shower. She would cough a little, flipping her bangs back as she looked at everyone else... great, she completely embarrassed herself... time to save face...

"...I'm going to the Pokémon Center. And then checking into my room. If anyone has an issue with that, bite me. I've gone through enough physical and mental trauma for one day. If anyone had plans to room with me, say it now or you're sleeping in the hallway... except when I need to borrow your clothes, I ain't digging through anyone's bags."

She trudged off to the Pokémon Center, handing off her balls to the nurse, sitting down in a chair in the corner while she waited for her Pokémon to get the medical attention they needed. She clutched her forehead and pulled out her wallet... if only she could get a gig here, then she would actually be able to pay for things she needed. A small picture fell out, and she looked at it for a moment. There were a LOT of Pokémon in the picture, including with what were presumably Eveline's Pokémon when they were younger. She sighed... so many she couldn't see for such a long time... Formidable, Resentment, Trifle, Deterioration, Chaos, Imprisonment, Discomfort, Imposition... she missed them all greatly.

July 19, Tuesday - Yellow Rock Isle, Johto, Genevieve

After the Blastoise was caught, Gene would finally be let free, Sticky Fingers dropped to the ground and panted, returning themself to their Poke Ball since Gene was now walking at an incredible speed towards Reina. She would tug on her arm, hot dog still in hand.

"Show new friend. Not you when you're hungry. Give him hot dog."

Nakano Saito​

The Ancient Power had hit, but now the rock in front of the Mamoswine was melting. It was literally turning into molten, stony sludge before his very eyes. Taking a step, charged at the rock and smashed into it, sending the piece molten rock wall towards Furia.

A moment later, that rock wall was restored. Only for Naka to yell out a command. She saw some of the uneven ground and it was tall enough for them to peek in. But then she had an even better idea. "Furia, dodge. Use Infernal Parade. Make a ghostly furnace." While Infernal Parade wasn't a Fire-type, it still burned like it. And it might do a lot more damage.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus
WCS Rank: 69,989

Interactions: Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob), Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101)

As Reggie swam down, he saw the culprit. A Frillish. It had taken his prize! But he was glad he found one around here, because that meant he could catch it. But the Frillish wasn't the only one here. The school of Basculin the White-Striped Basculin seemed to come from had come into the area. Blue and Red. Releasing Haunter, the Ghost/Poison-Type grabbed Reggie's waist and used his gaseous nature to float through the water without really needing to swim, helping Reggie swim faster. The Frillish had put the Dive Ball within his three tentacles, making sure the Dive Ball doesn't go anywhere.

The school of Basculin encircled Reggie and Briar at first, each human being surrounded by dozens of fish that blocked the view of the depths where the Frillish was diving towards. To break out of his own bubble, Emeric fired off a Shadow Ball, scaring the Basculin away enough for them to swim through. However, Reggie was starting to lose his air. But Frillish was so close. He pulled out a Dive Ball, his Haunter taking it, imbuing it with ghostly energy to allow it to go through the waters better temporarily, and threw it for his trainer, the ball speeding through the water as if it didn't have issues with the water. Surprisingly, he got it, the Dive Ball captured the Frillish!

However, just as Reggie went to grab the two Dive Balls, the Frillish broke free and wrapped his tentacles around Reggie's face. Now, his Frillish and Haunter were at a tug of war, Reggie trying desperately to pull free from the tentacles. His hands rummaged around through the waters before hitting something spherical. Grabbing on to it, he smashed the ball against the Frillish, sending it back into the ball. Pocketing his successful catch in Basculin, he waited until the Frillish ball stayed still.

Finally, it did.

He would sigh, but then he realized just how little air he had. Pocketing Frillish, his shiny Haunter rushed him back up, but Reggie was starting to cough from lack of air.

In a panic, he breathed in.

The salt water burned and his eyes bulged as he struggled in his suffocation and drowning. But they were almost there. But now the school of Basculin that were around Reggie had regrouped and were preventing them from reaching the surface. Several were becoming cloaked in rushing water for their Aqua Jet attacks.

Oh dear.

Furia growled at the damage taken from the Ancient Power. The molten rock was heading her way though, but just like the Mamoswine was strong, so was she! Furia wasn't going to continue playing with her opponent anymore. She stood hear ground and fire another Flamethrower at the incoming stone.

The rock was shot directly back at the Mamoswine, with the intention to hit him with it and lock him up in his own tomb. Furia's fire began to spark, sending blue flames into the air, her body releasing vapor as the heat from her body increased and clashed with the cold weather. The surge of power only made her feel better, making her start advancing towards her opponent as her Blaze began to activate and her Flamethrower got stronger.

Rick
[July 19th] Yellow Rock Beach, Whirl Islands - Johto
078.png
Rapidash ♀ [Iris] | Ability: Flash Fire | Condition: Normal | Meteonite Energy: None
Agility​
Flare Blitz​
Heat Wave​
H. Horsepower​
Low Kick​
Protect​
Solar Blade​
Wild Charge​

As the Blastoise crashed down on his back after successive hits from the pokémon, a second group went ahead and worked on putting the giant to sleep. Now it would be just a matter of hitting the turtle hard enough that he wouldn't know where he was at even after waking up.

Or not! Apparently, someone decided to be greedy and just capture the thing for themselves. But after seeing someone jumping out of a paraglider into a Blastoise that was about to collapse and another one casualy taking a blood sample, Rick just shrugged rather than trying to understand what was in these people's minds.

So the Blastoise got sucked into a Greatball, which by itself caused a whirlpool to start pulling anyone in the water inwards. That alone was bad already, at least for the team that was on the water. But then, for nobody's suprise, the device couldn't handle a creature that big, so it broke open and released the giant turtle back into the sea in a big splash, spreading a huge wave in all directions. Beach included.

"Ah, shit!" Rick exclaimed, as he saw the water approaching. What a bad timing for being near the shore. Iris darted towards the shore, landing in front of Rick with a thud, then fired a Solar Beam at the incoming wave, opening a gap in it. As the water passed by, Rick jumped onto Iris and patted her neck. "I think I feel safer in the air for once." The mare took off once more and approached the falled Blastoise. "We're not gonna waste any time with this, Solar Blade!" Rick said. A long energy blade formed at Iris's horn. However, as she swings it down at the foe, she only strikes water.

"Again?" Rick exclaimed, raising his arms as the Blastoise gets sucked into yet another Greatball. Seeing how Iris's hooves were just a few feet above the water surface, and knowing what would come if - no, when - the Blastoise breaks out of the ball, Iris falled back and gained some height, though her Solar Blade was still formed and ready to strike. "You guys will need bigger balls if you really wanna... oh!" Then, somehow, the Blastoise was caught. "Huh... right when I was starting to have fun..." Rick muttered, patting Iris before she turned around and started heading back. "Anyways. Let's head back to shore before you run out of..." And then Iris's wings vanished. "Well, I needed a shower after this anyways, so..." Then plummeted to the water for the second time in less than an hour.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~

Briar watched the various basculin swimming around and the conflict between Reggie and frillish. The ghostly jelly had taken his pokéball and it seemed reasonable enough to want it back. A simple switcheroo would solve this situation real quick, but she had a feeling this was a situation Reggie wanted to handle himself. At the very least she'd give him the benefit of the doubt and pitch a hand if he needed it. The basculin mildly complicated the situation.

Luckily for Briar, she had her fearless Baba by her side. Though Baba was too busy watching the basculin to notice Reggie and frillish. Possibly out of cluelessness. Possibly out of spite to the person that woke her. Either way, the monkey held her finger out as if reaching out to paint on the wall of basculin. It looked close enough to a canvas to the monkey. If Briar needed to, she could always send out Puff Puff.

Maggie floated around looking down in the water below. Her trainer left her there with a stranger she just met. She looked up at Adrianne then back at the water, continuing to casually float there. Surely if Briar needed her, she'd call. So Maggie patiently waited.

$20,939
14x super balls
5x hyper Potions
3x Full Heals
6x sitrus berry
7x water bottles
4x repels
Rotom phone
a bottle of whiskey
x2 mystery flasks
x6 shot glasses

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Turffield Stadium, Galar Region
August 2nd
WCS Rank: 70,203

A small grin planted itself on Wilford's face as he watched the Water/Grass Type fly backwards into the wall of bubbles that it created. He had to hand it to the hillbilly, despite going easy he was surprisingly hard to take down. Of course, this would likely indicate that if Milo were going 100%, things would look much worse for Wilford, but that wasn't something the rich young man concerned himself with. Not wanting to waste any more time on the opening act, Wilford swiftly made his next command.

"Lets finish this, Double Hit until it faints!" Placing his sticks in his hair, the Thwackey began rushing towards his opponents on all fours, preparing himself to scratch at his opponent as many times as necessary. Though the Lombre had gotten up and began to use Teeter Dance, that didn't matter much to the Beat Pokémon, as it was already swinging its arm to scratch the Jolly Pokémon, which would be succeeded by a brief following attack and subsequent attacks would be slightly delayed.

Last edited:

Esther
Tuesday – Afternoon July 19
Ogi City – Beach, Whirl Archipelago
Johto Region​
Team On-hand: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o), Pariparisithea (Munna), Halay-Alae (Houndour), L’ Basseau (Surskit), La Bamba (Shellos) In Esther’s care: Feebas​

From high altitudes, hitting the water was much like hitting concrete. In a word—deadly. The reason was some fairly simple physic and at any other time, Esther could’ve eloquently explained it; but, at the current time—since she was, y’know, maybe, probably plummeting to her death—she had other things on her mind. Like surviving! Esther didn’t know if Blastoise was tall enough to make her drop deadly, but neither did she want to find out.

Prying her eyes open was Esther’s first task. She needed to know how close she was to the water; how close was that? Too close! Instinct kicked in, a honed reflex trained on weeks spent braving the Galarian wilds, wrestling in the swamps of Kalos, fighting savage pokémon with her bare hands—“PYRRHA!!!”

Ever ready & ever reliable, a blanket of soft feathery comfort appeared in Esther’s arms—she was first on Esther’s waist for a reason. «Protect» ballooned to life in the nick of time. No girls would go splat today but all was still not well.

Protect may have absorbed the blunt-force trauma of smashing into the water but that did not mean all danger had been removed. She had evaded the external consequences, but the internal ones had been magnified—In simple terms, the protective shielding had arrested Esther’s falling momentum and done it so swiftly and so completely that it had become a danger itself. The sudden halting of her body caused Esther to jerk—violently: her head snap forward; air exploded from her lungs; dark spots danced across her vision and the green glow of Protect vanished.

Breathless and almost certainly concussed, she fell into the water. Salt burned her eyes just as a lack of oxygen burned her lungs; Through her blurred vision, Esther could just make out the length of something as it approached...

Esther burst through the seafoam, gulping down great mouthfuls of air. Her arms were tight around the sleek shimmering scales of—“Milotic!”

Milotic answered with a sonorous trill. The serpentine pokémon cut through the surf, unbothered by the surging waves, and soon Esther was safe on the beach. Esther took a moment to recollect herself; her head still throbbed all too painfully and she was certain that once adrenaline wore off, her other aches and pains would assert themselves. So...better to deal with things now before her body caught up to her!

“Pari!”

Esther had never tried to use telepathy while concussed before, but she imagined it was a bad idea. She was still gonna do it, of course. Consequences? What did that have to do with her? That was a problem for future Esther! Current Esther had bigger problems to deal with! Milotic were rare pokémon and only one Milotic was known to inhabit the waters of the Whirl Archipelago.

Esther knew from the first touch of Milotic’s mind; when the first thought that bubbled to the surface was—“I knew it! You’re Feebas’ mother! Oh, yes, I have her with me. She’s right here.”

It was only natural that Milotic’s first concern would be her child and Esther wasted no time. She retrieved the 5th pokéball from her waist and presented it. “Uh...I wasn’t going to keep her, actually, I was bringing her to you but then we got caught up and—” Milotic trilled, amused. “Huh? You already knew?”

Images bubbled to the forefront of Esther’s mind: the Blue Lagoon, the salt-water pool behind the Blue Lagoon, Nancy...huh? Who was Nancy? Oh! The Blue Lagoon’s Nurse Joy!

“So, you’ve been following Feebas this whole time?”

“Oh, that makes sense, I never thought about it like that...”

The conversation lulled and Esther took the opportunity to glance at the pokéball in hand. Feebas was...quiet. Hiding? Esther didn’t blame her. Was there anything more awkward or embarrassing than running away from home but needing your mom to come rescue you?

Her heart went out to the shabby bass pokémon. This wasn’t the first time Feebas had run away... She had heard bits and pieces of the story from Nurse Joy, and she’d been inside Feebas’ mind, however briefly; it was a complicated tangle of emotions. Amidst it all there, one had stood out to Esther. Feebas had something to prove.

“My friends and I are headed towards the Whirl Cup on Red Rock Isle where I plan to compete, would you mind allowing Feebas to compete? I’ll bring Feebas home right afterward, of course. I think Feebas wants to prove herself. How about giving her a chance?”

Milotic maintained a thoughtful look...or maybe it conflicted? Eh, Esther couldn’t read sea-serpent. Whatever its thoughts, Milotic gave its consent and with a lingering glance at the pokéball in Esther’s hand, slipped into the ocean.

Esther dragged her tired body up the beach. While she’d love to turn in for the day as Eveline had done, she had a few tasks she needed to complete like returning the rented equipment and explaining why they weren’t getting their wind sail back.

Ah, the struggles of being the only responsible member of her group!
$5330
Pokéflute
PokéToy
Practice Ball
Seal Case

Everstone x 1 – $15,000.00

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Yellow Rock Isle, Whirl Islands, Johto (July 19th)

Desmond continued to lie on his back at the sand, just catching his breathe as Politoed and Kricketune remained by his side. However, he would soon sit up as he seemed to get himself compose enough to note that others had began to depart on the shore. Evaline seemed to have a rather matter of factor "go to the Pokemon Center" with an attitude that Desmond seemed to relate to. Gene wandered over to Reina with deceptive speed and seemed to offer a hot dog, seemed the kid was determined if nothing else.

Another guy, a trainer who had aided the group whose name still eluded him, mused over a shower before he dove to the water once more. Honestly Desmond might've considered never going to a beach again after this, but he'd muse over that later. Esther herself seemed to emerge in a sea of...foam? Perhaps Desmond had been seeing things but she seemed to drag herself to the shore with a notable lack of energy and he had not blamed her, moving to his feet he retuned Politoed and Kricketune in kind.

"Pokemon Center. Shower. Bed. Nobody try to wake me tomorrow, I need a day to decompress." Desmond muttered to Aldon, Naka and really whoever else had been near him before he too had began to walk off to the Pokemon Center. After this eventful day Desmond needed a sizeable break, really they all probably needed a breather...

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 96,094)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)

Adrianne cursed as she saw Briar and Reggie dive and splash about as she grit her teeth. She had felt so useless, she wanted to help but her arms had been on the fishing rod as it pulled aggressively on her line, she had such a golden chance to reel in a catch. She had to trust that Briar could aid Reggie as the Tentacruel seemed to look on with concern.

"H-hey big girl, it's okay....if they need us, they'd call for us. We'll be ready to jump in...a-anytime..." Adrianne said as she tried to encourage Briar's partner while she tugged on her line, as she tried to bring it in. Water seemed to break as what she had caught surfaced, what seemed to be a golden starfish which had made her eyes widen.

A Staryu!

"Y-you are mine!" Adrianne said pulling on the line as Staryu tried to escape it but she seemed to have a good lock on the reel, and as her vein seemed to really put her back into it and pulled the Staryu closer to her till it broke in the air as it dangled in place. "Star!"

"I got you now!" Adrianne called out and tossed a Pokeball at it which seemed to bounce off it and suck it into the red light. Before it could fall into the sea she'd frantically dashed to the edge of the Water Type she rode on and grabbed the ball with her hands.

It wiggled once....it wiggled twice....

Pop!

Alas it failed to wiggle the third time as it popped out and fell into the water. Adrianne curesed herself and presumed she missed her chance, however, it soon surfaced and seemed to have a gleam in its...jewel? Could not call it an eye really...as it seemed to want to scrap which Adrianne smiled it.

"Oh, want to fight? All right bring it in!"