• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Rescue Academy RP

Thalia watched the new students at the Rescue Academy gathered in the grassy courtyard, talking and running around in excitement. There was a hint of happiness in her eyes as she remembered her first day, although it was difficult to tell due to her serious expression. The Luxio had always came off as a little cold and reserved, but she didn’t mind.

This was a new day, a fresh start. A chance to start anew and turn over a new leaf. That was the motto of the Academy. Turn over a new leaf. It meant becoming a better Pokémon and putting your past behind you. Thalia usually excelled at the Academy, but not letting her past affect her was one thing she could not achieve. She hoped to herself that the new students could do better in that area, wishing quietly on the wooden star pendant that hung around her neck.

Alya walked up to the gate of the Rescue academy , she was nervous about her new academy " Hello" she said walking in, the vulpix knew that she would have to meet someone and stop being nervous " anyone there" she said and she shivered , she was excited and nervous and scared at the same time. The vulpix's tails moved slowly as she walked inside.

Felix entered the academy he seemed to be as scared as the Biloxi he was standing by when he heard her say somthing he introduced himself "h-hi I'm fe-Felix"

Nate woke up early and groomed his fur for today. It was a big day, and people should be ready to meet him. He strutted onto th courtyard, with his signature bandana wrapped around his neck.
"Good morning new Pokemon," He shouted, climbing a nearby tree and hitting a pose. He waved his tail wildly around to get people's attention.

Yuri was in the grassy courtyard in the Rescue Academy already, as he was oblivious to the Luxio that was within the area. He was too timid to socialize with the others that were in the courtyard, as he stood near some shrubs that danced along the gentle breeze. He was secluded from the group of Pokémon that were in the area due to his shyness, as he quietly said to himself, "U- Umm... well... let's just hope that it doesn't go like l- last time..." He kept his left arm on the holister that housed his small sword that he often used in battle.

The handle was fine and smooth, as it was made from the woods of the hibiscus tree. The blade was made of primarily iron that glimmered along the forenoon light. His body shook with anxiety and recollection, as he remembered his first day; acting nervous and refusing to go along with others, which he sometimes still did. He turned his eyes towards the other Pokémon, and stayed as silent as his worry could be.

Thalia scanned the crowd of students. Her attention came to a young Bagon stood near the shrubs at the edge of the courtyard. There was a worried expression on his face. She usually didn't like to socialize, but she felt obligated to help. She got onto her paws, stretched, and padded over to the Bagon. ''Are you okay?'' She asked. Hopefully she wouldn't intimidate him too much. That happened a lot.

Yuri looked over at the Luxio that came over to him, as sweat started to rush down his face like a group of rushing raindrops. His anxiety was starting to become abundant, as he hesitantly babbled out in his reply, "I- I- I... am... o... k... a... y... u- u- um... umm... u... h... h... wa... wha... what... o... ok... okay..." His right arm twitched about with his nervousness, as he had a difficult time communicating with others. He attempted to mask his fright that was now starting to get the better of him, as he thought to himself, "M- maybe this wasn't a good idea... maybe I should have stayed with my m- mom still..." He attempted to keep his cool in front of the Luxio, as his small body trembled about from his perturbation.

Trick stood in the courtyard with his clawed arms crossed, watching the new recruits with a small smile. His attention was drawn to the Aipom, Nate, if he remembered correctly, as he addressed the new students from a tree. From what he'd observed, the guy was quite energetic, and he wondered how many fresh recruits his rampant energy would scare off. As it was, there seemed to be quite a few shy ones this year. The Academy was pretty rigorous, so many students who showed up would drop out, leaving the most dedicated. Trick was proud to be one of those dedicated, and his eyes scanned the crowd, trying to pick out those he figured would last.

Alya looked at Felix and she waved " hi-hi" she waved and she drooped " i'm.... Alya" she said and she drooped and she pawed a the ground and she blushed a little " nice to meet you"

After the little reaction he had received from him being there, Nate gave a sigh. "Come on folks! Can I get a cheer or something?" He asked in a loud voice. he hopped down the tree after another moment of silence and landed near Trick. "You scouting the new recruits ready? Just chill a little bit." He said giving a grin.

Alya chuckled and she shook his hand "ohh look at that guy" she said and waved " Felix? right....." she asked and she smiled "wanna be friends" she asked.

Thalia sighed inwardly. She tended to have this effect on others. "There's no reason to be worried," she tried her best to sound calming, and if failed spectacularly. She tried to form a smile, if it could be called that. "My name is Thalia. Should I, um, show you around or something?"

Trick raised his paws and shrugged. "What can I say? It's entertaining," he said, returning the grin. He had no idea if the pun was intended or not, but he was impressed, either way. "Rough crowd, though. I was expecting a speech, too. All inspirational and such."

"Eh, it happens. But we gotta remember. What did we get when we joined? Seriously, what did we do? I forgot." Nate said giving a shrug. He looked around the crowd of Pokémon.

Yuri hesitantly replied to the Luxio, "U- U- Umm... m- my... name... i- is... Y- Y- Yu- Yuri... and u- umm... I suppose t- that y- yo- you... can s- show me..." There was a brief pause in his speech, as his body trembled along with his constant studdering. He attempted to continue on with his reply to the Luxio, as he hesitantly said, "I- I kinda... f- for- forgot... my w- way... a- aro- around... h- her- here..." His breathing was unusually quick now, as sweat rushed down his face like a cascading waterfall. He attempted to maintain eye contact on the Luxio and keep his cool, while hoping that she would not be too rough him.

''Okay,'' Thalia replied, doing her best attempt at a smile. It was painfully easy to see the Bagon's fear. ''Hello Yuri. Well, uh, this is the courtyard. From here you can access the rest of the academy. The academy surrounds the courtyard in a square, with the entrance behind us. To the left side are the dorms for the students that are boarding,'' she pointed to them.

''To the right side are the classrooms, where we learn theory and other things like that,'' she pointed to the left. ''And in front of us is the hall, where we eat and gather.'' There were two great oak doors that had been propped open and led inside. Thalia turned around to look at them. ''The hall leads to the forest garden. It's pretty huge,'' she started walking towards it, gesturing Yuri to follow. ''Come and see it! It won't be ages until the bell rings.''

Maybe Yuri might get used to me? She dared to hope to herself. But this happened every year; she would always promise herself a fresh start and try to make a real friend, but it never happened. Don't be stupid. Things won't be any different this time.

Yuri glanced around at the area that he started to vaguely remember again after hearing the Luxio, as he hesitantly followed her after he saw her walking into the Hall. He stayed rather silent at the Luxio, as his feet timidly shuffled about; keeping at only a velocity that barely outpaced that of a snail. On the other hand, he was relieved that the ringing of the bell was not imminent yet, as he still had time to think to his feeble mind.

He continued to follow the Luxio, while attempting to keep a reasonable pace with her, since he was as slow as a car attempting to move through heavy traffic. He thought to himself while trying to wipe off the rushing sweat on his forehead, "Man... I wish that I could just go back home... it was so much better being able to cuddle up with that teddy bear and stay in that comfy bed... now I'm having to be alone and constantly be defending myself with my sword from those big, bad idiots!"

The two Pokémon made their way through the hall. The remains of breakfast had been cleared away by the staff, and now a few students were talking amongst themselves. All of the tables, benches and cushions surrounded a thankfully unlit hearth. The hall was always somewhat stuffy, and whilst it was good for the colder weather with the warm hearth, in the summer the doors were usually kept open.

Thalia slowed down a little bit so that the Bagon could keep up with her. He seemed a little reluctant to follow. Maybe she should've asked someone else to show him around? Should she have bothered at all? Maybe he just wanted to be alone.

They finally exited the hall and came back into the spring sunshine. The grass was trimmed and neat, just like the courtyard, with little flowers beginning to grow, but in the distance a huge mass of trees and overgrown foliage loomed. It looked like a mess, but it was a place of untamed, natural beauty, one of the few wild areas that had not become mystery dungeons.

"I think you'll like this place," she told Yuri, trying to break the silence.