• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Rangers: Dawn of Civilisation

Plot and Sign Ups in the Discussion: http://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-rangers-dawn-of-civilisation.15009/#post-342220

The Ranger Helicopter flew into view over the beautiful hills and mountains, atop it rode the newly appointed Ranger, Will Whitman. He had been tasked to look after this beautiful unnamed region, protecting its inhabitants, both Human and Pokemon.

Flying into the Ranger Command Base, he received a transmission from inside, and another Ranger inside of the helicopter answered it.
"This is Ranger Command" the one who sent the transmission said "Please give us your identification"
"Ranger Smith" the ranger who answered him said "With a new recruit, Ranger Whitman"

The helicopter descended into the landing pad on the beautiful open plain, giving full view of the massive Command Centre "Welcome Rangers Smith and Whitman" the voice announced proudly "To Ranger Command"

Leo marched down the halls of the ranger comand base hydra by his side as the speakers actived within the base he froze waiting patiently for the announcement.

"Attention all rangers we have a new recruit here so please teach them every thing you know," boomed the speaker as hydra's head's all chomped down at each other"also it's taco tuesday so get all the taco's that you need."

Upon hearing that there was a new ranger Leo rushed up to the helipad hydra by his side all the way." Hey there welcome," spoke Leo as he arrived at the helipad" you the new ranger recruit."

Last edited:
"Sure am" Richard said excitedly, before turning to Smith "that was an awesome ride, are you going to show me around?"
"I would love to but I think Leo here will, also I heard that its Taco Tuesday" Smith apologised, before running off to get the Tacos.
"I am ready to help sir!" Richard said, saluting.

"Hey! what's all the racket about? Oh the new rangers finally here?" Sean asked Leo "Hey there I'm Sean welcome to the unnamed region. We except a lot from you. That's the whole damn reason you were assigned here. Will and Smith right?"

" We're glad to have you here, yes he his Sean so be on your best behaviour," spoke Leo as Hydra charged up behind Leo" this here's my partner pokemon Hydra so do you want to go first because I have to go on a mission in half an hour but someone else will show you around after I leave on my mission but you could come if you wanted to it'd be good training for you to have ranger Richard."

"Who put Leo on intercom duty?" A teenage boy asked the man sitting at the nearby desk.
"Umm... No-one, sir. It seems he put himself on duty."
The boy sighed. "That's just like him. Nonetheless, I wish to see this new recruit." Lato said as he flicked a switch, causing a large screen to begin showing the Security camera footage.
After taking a glance at the new recruit, Lato saw the time.
"Oh my, is it that time already? Time to fight for my friends." Lato said, as he walked off towards the sword-fighting arena.

Cayden and his Lucario Silently sat on some truss on the roof, Watching other rangers and new rangers arrive
"Remember when we were arriving like this?" Luke laughed, Nudging Cayden
"Yea, I was very happy that day" Cayden said, Tapping stuff on a tablet
"The new guy makes me think of that one rival you had... Ignis really put up a fight against his Blastoise... What was his name again? Wull? Well? Wendell?" Luke asked, Putting his hand on his chin
"Nevermind that, Lets go, We need some training" Cayden said, Taking the Grappling hook off his belt and shooting it at the roof, Then dropping down, Luke just jumping down
"How ya doin?" Luke asked Richard, Smiling

Last edited:
"Great?" Richard said, confused at all of the people around him "I think i'll say, get acquainted to the base and everything before going on any missions"
He was very excited, but at the same time very nervous.

"We made him feel uncomfortable"Catalyst said "Shut up"Sean Replied "Just saying the truth" "Guys I'll go for a walk call me on the Styler if you need me" Sean said going outside followed by his Gallade

Sean tended to go on walks during morning and noon just because he had nothing else to do and wanted some action and when something urgent comes up he just gets Catalyst to teleport him to the site of action

"So got a good reason to go out for a walk today?"Catalyst asked "No reason like always........... You know at first I thought becoming a ranger would be all adventure and explore that's why I pursued this dream in the first place. But when I was assigned my first mission soon after that I realised it's not about the adventures but Protecting the Pokemon that Inhabit this world. That's my perspective on this Ranger role anyway" Sean took a moment of silence and sighed

As the tip of the sword pierced through a shield, causing it to shatter into pieces, Lato laughed.
"That was a great match. I feel one day you could become as good as me. I've got to go meet the new guy now, see ya!"
"Cocky as ever, eh. Oh well, I can easily get a new shield. See ya."

"Hello there, new recruit. I believe your name is Richard. It's the ranger union policy to greet all new members, so here I am.
I have been instructed to show you around headquarters, unless you would like to go alone."

"So if you go past the cafeteria, you can end up at the sword-fighting arena. I wouldn't bother yourself with that though.
Through that door is the higher-ups base, but i'm not allowed to show you that."

Talia was carrying two boxes back to her room. Her parents were worried that she might become homesick and had sent almost all of her books. She moved around people and saw someone new, Lato was beside him though so she didn't have to say hello yet. Haven walked beside her and the two chatted as they continued on their walk.

OOC
I'M NOT A FLIPPING GIRL!
BIC
"That's in the dorms, first door on your right, then the only door there.
Once you're done, come see me at the sword fighting arena, I need to tell you something else."

"It's getting dark let's go back. Catalyst Teleport" Sean said and with a simple command Catalyst teleported them to the Entrance of the Ranger Base "So what happened while I was gone?" He asked a Operator "Nothing much just usual Patrolling" The Operator replied "Well I'm gonna see how the new recruit is doing come on Catalyst"

"Well, we finally made it." Ryan breathed deeply as he stood in front of the Ranger Base. "Might as well make some friends so I don't feel lonely." He noticed two Rangers conversing together while walking. He caught up with them and noticed one seemed to be carrying a box of some sort. "Hey. You need help?"

"That would be nice," Talia nodded and offered one of the boxes she was carrying. Haven tilted his head and looked at the male human that had just arrived, "who are you, ranger? I am called Haven and this is Talia".
Talia shook her head at the way her Pokemon spoke, the bird always curious.

"Ryan Blaze," Ryan answered as he lifted one of the boxes. "Nice to meet you. This is my partner, Storm." The Sawk nodded in greeting. "So, Talia, when did you pass your Ranger test?"

"Year and a half ago," Talia smiled and rolled her shoulders, happy that part of the weight was gone. She continued walking, slower and waiting for Ryan to catch up, "you? Also sorry is haven starts asking questions".
The flying type squawked in complaint and argued at his partner's statement.

Ryan laughed. "Nah, it's fine. I passed mine about two years ago. I mean, can you blame me? Being a Ranger was my lifelong dream." Ryan walked along with Talia. "It was rough, but my motives came through, and the Ranger in charge of the test himself told me he was really impressed."

Talia opened the door to the dorms and started toward her place in them. She looked back at Ryan and smiled, "thanks for the help by the way. I know what you mean about the dream thing. My parents always thought I would become engineers like them but supported me when I chose what I was going to do".

Ryan grinned back. "Happy to help. See you tomorrow morning! Maybe we'll get partnered on a mission. You never know!" He went checked in to a dorm and started unpacking. After washing up, he lied down on his bed and drifted to sleep. For some reason, his mind was on Talia most of the night.

Talia started putting her books away. Haven made himself comfortable on her bed and the two argued for abit about who was sleeping where. She ended passing out, leaning against her partner as he also passed out.

Sean walked through the dorms to see a door open and Talia and her Partner Haven passed out on each other What the heck happened here?? Sean thought to himself
"Better close the door" Catalyst said closing the door before going to Their dorms "Night Partner" Sean said to Catalyst before slamming head first into the first "Night" Catalyst replied and sleeping onto the Hammock set up by Sean and soon the two were asleeep

Katie helped her parents move a few things into their new house in a small town. She said her goodbyes and Lust followed her out of the house. They traveled a bit before coming upon the command base. She walked out to the door and pushed the button below a speaker. "Umm... I'm Katie, one of your new recruits." Lust sat by her side trying to be patient for an answer

Daniel was outside of the Ranger Base disguised as a Froakie, as he was hidden on top of a tree, while he noticed a girl that was at the door. He noticed her waiting while he heard her talk into the speaker, as he quietly climbed down the tree, while he giggled at her. He thought to himself as he went behind the tree, "Oh this is going to be too easy, I could just sneak in by with her and no one will even know a thing!"

He quietly hopped over to her while his eyes dilated within the sunlight, as his frubbles expanded around his body to cover it from the sunlight. He looked over at her while he hopped over towards her leg, as his frubbles covered almost his entire face. He stood by her leg while he stayed slient, as his frubbles gradually shrunk back to their normal size.

Lust leaped in front of the Froakie and hissed at him. Katie was a bit in shock as the Froakie had alsmot came out of nowhere. Lust continued to hiss as he claws were ready to slash at it. Katie tried calming List down but she was a stubborn one and didn't like listening to Katie when her instincts kick in.

Daniel growled at the Purrloin who came at him, as he said to him, "Froakie..." He was ready to run away from her, as he said to Katie, "Fro... Froakie..." He pretended to be frightened by the Purrloin's hisses, as he was prepared to go behind the nearest object he could hide behind. He hopped over to the girl, while his frubbles started to expand again. He thought to himself as he prepared to transform into another Pokémon, "Well, I suppose that it's time for me to show this little dark one who's the better spider!"

Lust, the Liepard, Hissed even more as the doors swung open to the command base. Katie ran inside as Lust followed. They slammed the door shut and it locked automatically before the mysterious Pokémon could get in. "Few, that was close!" A man came up behind me and guided me to the leader's office to sign in.

Daniel giggled, as he knew that there were other ways that he could get in the Ranger Base, since he could transform into other Pokémon after all. He smiled the moment when the two went inside and slammed the door shut, as he knew that hopefully, he wouldn't have anyone else to deal with. He vaguely noticed a ventilation shaft that was on the roof, as an idea immediately hatched in his head. He thought to himself as he transformed into a Spinarak, "Hah, they think that they're safe in there, we'll see about that... I can easily get in through the roof since I can just shoot my way up there with my strings."

A long strand of silk-like string came out of his tiny mouth, as he quickly climbed up the Ranger Base, while he used the strong string to maintain his grip. He crawled up onto the edge on top of the roof, as he saw a ventilation shaft that was much bigger than his tiny, arachnoid body. He quietly took a deep breath in to return the string back into his mouth, as he used his tiny body to slide through the opening with ease.

Beep Beep Sean's alarm clock rang "...........Rise and shine" click Sean clicked the snooze button "Catalyst already woke up" Sean said seeing Catalyst not in the Hammock and setting off for the showers

"Ahhhhhhhh Good Morning" He said to himself getting out of the shower "Now to find Catalyst" Sean then noticed a Girl Walk in with a Liepard by her side "Oh hi I suppose your here to sign in. I'll tell ya later I got more things to deal with have you seen a Shiny Gallade around here?" He told the girl

(OOC: Well I suppose it's morning now so...)

BIC:

Daniel had been asleep in a deeper part in the ventilation shaft for the night, as he woke up to the warm, humid air that greeted him. He quietly shot out a string from his mouth on the edge where he stood at, as he quietly climbed down using the string to help him desend with a slow and quiet speed. He reached the bottom of the ventilation shaft soon after, as he quietly took a deep breath in to retract the string in his mouth. He slided through the openings rather easily, as he shot another string at a wall while he propelled himself towards a bed.

He quickly retracted the string back into his mouth the moment when he heard a voice that came from the shower. He quickly climbed onto the bed, while he hid himself inside the blanket. He knew that he couldn't be seen by anyone, especially by the girl with the Purrloin, or else a battle could result, or even worse... everyone would be trying to hunt him down until the end of days. He continued to stay underneath the blanket, as he took a quiet breath, while he thought to himself, "Okay... so I have two choices... either I continue on and risk being caught, or just get out of there and not risk anything. Oh decisions... decisions... they're so hard to pick these days aren't they?"

Volt was sleeping in his bed until Corono woke him up by placing the alarm clock next to him.
'Beep!Beep!' The alarm clock rang.
Volt immediately jumped out of bed.
'Yikes!'Volt said as he fell off his bed.He then turned to Corono 'Really?Your doing that again.'
Corono just stared at him with a smile on his face.He turned and pointed at the door of his room.
'Ohh yeah.' Volt said looking at the Corono 'I'm suppose to sign in.'Volt looked at the time and said 'Shoot,I'm gonna be late!!'
Volt quickly rushed to shower.After he was done,he realize he forgot his towel and clothes.He opened the door slightly to see Corono already waiting to give his towel and clothes.
'Thanks Corono!' He thanked Corono.
Once he was done,Volt rushed to the leader's office with Corono behind him.On his way there,He saw Sean and Katie.

Daniel peeked out of the blanket, while he noticed that more people were now waking up, as he felt rather nervous. His body shook like falling dewdrops, as he squealed the moment when he heard an alarm clock ringing! He immediately squealed the moment when he was startled, as he almost fell off the bed. He quickly shook himself and attempted to get himself together, as he quietly climbed on the walls.

He crawled over onto the ceiling, as he made his way to the showers, while he thought to himself, "Well there's certainly a lot more people than I thought... at least this should throw them off." He peeked down while his tiny legs had a tight grip on the ceiling, as he noticed another boy that was along with Sean and Kate. He felt rather nervous when he saw Kate, as she was the girl with the Purrloin that tried to fight him last night. On the other hand, he also felt a little relieved since he had not encountered Sean yet. His eyes were especially focused on the other boy, as his legs had an attached grip, as he stayed completely still on the ceiling.

He saw the boy with a Charizard, as fear struck into his body the moment he saw a flame on his tail. He knew that he was a fire type when he placed two and two together, as it was his current type weakness. His breathing turned slient soon after, as he knew that he didn't want to have to battle him while being in a disadvantageous type, as trouble could result.

"Nevermind I think I know where he is" He said walking out of the Ranger base and into a Lush Garden with a rather big pond
"So this is where you've been" Sean saw Catalyst Meditating on top of a Bamboo pole "Nice of you to join me" Catalyst replied jumping off the pole and landing near Sean "What are you doing here so early in the morning anyways?" Sean asked "I come here to Meditate and look into the Future" Catalyst replied looking to an Arrangement of stones that were like a Portal frame "Hm I thought you already know Future Sight?"
"Yes I do but Future Sight has some Limitations"
"Well I'm glad to see your safe now let's get back to the Base there's a New recruit there and Everything"
"I'd rather enjoy this moment and walk"
"Fine by me" Sean Shrugged

Daniel crawled towards a wall, as he quickly descended towards a window where the forenoon sunlight greeted him. He quietly slipped through the tiny opening that was big enough for his tiny body, as he crawled outside and noticed a garden with a variety of flora and a huge pond. He slided down the walls as he crawled towards the garden, while he noticed a girl with a Gallade that were also in the garden. He felt rather nervous, knowing that the Gallade might have noticed him since he knew that he was a psychic type from his appearance. He quietly thought to himself while he crawled towards the girl, "Well, at least no one saw me that time... except for that girl with the Purrloin that had no manners! Maybe now I can just relax and think about my next move in this relaxing garden while these two are just hopefully doing their own thing and definitely not noticing me..."

A small helicopter landed at the ranger base. Alex stepped out, "Audio journal one," he recorded using a special machine his father gave him, "I have arrived at the ranger base and am ready to work." He shut off the machine, "I hope." He went inside the building and looked for a receptionist but was unable to find one. "I guess I just start working?" He went to the job board and looked at the quests. "Hmm, this looks easy enough, calm the Spinarak leader. It's probably just a bigger Spinarak right?" His partner, Murkrow, crowed in agreement. "Well then let's head to the village." He searched for awhile and found a wild Bravairy, captured it, and flew over there. "Well, let's start searching Murkrow."

Talia was pushed off of her bed by Haven. The braviary starting to preen his feathers for the morning. She rolled her eyes at him and stood up, readying herself for the day aswell. Once bother were ready they got out of the dorms and started to walk around, heading towards to postings board.