• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Nicknames

My pokemon names are
Torterra: Russia
Walrein: Frostbyte (Yes i realize there is no y in frostbite, i did this on purpose)
Ampharos: Amperage
typhlosion: Mt. Fuji
Dragontite: Norbert
Venomoth: (actually i forget what i named my venomoth)

Empoleon- Graystripe (Guess. Where did this name come from?)
[size=3pt]Warriors[/size]
Breloom- Mushroom
Salamence- Supergirl
Ampharos- Amp
Honchkrow (Shiny)- Raspberry
Camerupt- Erupt

This is my Diamond Team.... Usually.

although since my brother thinks their dumb and you should wait a while before a nick name i stopped lately but

Sparky - Pikachu (fire red)
Sparky - Pachirisu (diamond)
Penguin - Uh... havent been on in a while uh... Prinplup (diamond)
Pony - Ponyta (diamond)
YES i hvae been playing diamond a bit and lost Fire Red T_T

@ Shroomish-Chan: Graystripe ~ Warriors :D

Empoleon: Bonzai (I went to Red Robin for dinner the night I started a new game and they had a Bonzai burger on the menu and well, it stuck)
Luxray: Blitz (derr)
Rapidash: King (idk)

And I remember catching a Nidoran M and Nidorino in Red Version and naming them T.K. and Matt (respectively), inspired by Digimon xD

I just started a new game a hour ago and nicknames arrreeee:
Turtwig - Manny (like the mammoth from Ice Age..idk haha)
Shinx - Nix
Starly - Zippy
Bidoof - Thumper

haha yay nicknames :D

A few months back I accidentally erased my save data on Diamond. I was seriously kicking my own ass for that. I lost Deoxys....now that I have Shaymin, I'm not gonna let that happen again! Anyway. I've nicknamed almost every Pokemon that I capture. I obviously can't nickname the ones I get on Wi-fi, and I'm not gonna nickname the Legendaries... I'll give you my Party Pokemons' names, unless you want all the ones I've caught...

Torterra- Bale (as in bale of hay)
Bibarel- Beavee of course!
Crobat- Minami ( I had a dream where I met a Japanese girl of that name, so....)
Vespiquen- Chihiro (after the girl from Spirited Away)
Mr. Mime- Sharingan (after Kakashi's/ Uchihas' Mirror Eye)
Lucario- No Face. (My friend Caitlin gave it this name. She was watching me play, and I couldn't think of a nickname for it, so she said "How 'bout 'No Face'!" (after the ghost looking guy on Spirited Away).)

I've a Lucario named 'Maksim' now, after the pianist. Annoyingly, I'm stuck for a name for my Staryu that I've started training, so if anyone could give a suggestion that'd be super :p

Surprisingly, a lot of Latin words for species and genus go over the ten letter limit. Who would have thought?

Well i got a few

Snorlax - SubwayDiet
Lucario - Luke
Mewtwo - Shadow
Mew - KittyKat
Aerodactyl - Aerora
Darkrai - Darky

Well thats about it. (Yes i MAY have hacked SOME pokemon in my game)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Well, my Platinum team are to be named thus:

Manectric ~ Thunderdog, because no team is ever complete without him
Floatzel ~ Lutra, bit of Latin for you (Otter is Lutra Lutra)
Sceptile ~ Fable, I just like the name
Flygon ~ Gong. Ask Ruko XD
Honchkrow ~ Chakra ~ Sounds like a crow noise, to me, anyway.
Miltank ~ Tankie, just because.

Pidgilla the Shiny Pidgeot :3

In chat, I think we were talking about Godzilla, or something along those lines.. and since I was chaining Pidgey (who was at level 51..stupid MEGA PIDGEY >>) I thought of, or I think someone else did, not sure x.x of combining the MEGA PIDGEY with Godzilla. :D Now, Pidgilla was born and wreaks havoc on every couple it flies over ^^

I've named almost all my Pokemon so far...the shiny ones are all named after their respective colors, like Silver, Red and Violet, and the rest are named after absolutely every game, anime, movie or book character I can think of. Hence Yugi the Butterfree, Quezecoatl the Ho-oh, Steve the Feraligatr, Zetsu, Lavi, Kagura, Heather, Rick, Alphonse, Mimi...yup.

Like Magpie, I have names for my Platinum team, too, only these are going to be of the first Pokemon I catch.

Piplup- Czar (I already have one named Poach, because of it's Japanese name, Pochama)
Starly- Jackdaw (I might as well name it after a bird)
Bidoof- Beck (As in 'beck and call')
Shinx- Raior (Corruption/combination of 'ray' and 'roar')
Kricketot- Xyxe (It's a shortened corruption of 'xylophone')
Budew- Carflowe (Corruption/combination of 'carnivore' and 'flower')

I sorta have my Platnium Team named out. (These are what I'll catch them as...in no particular order)
Piplup- Skipper (after the Madagascar penguin.)
Syther- Atlas (after the bad guy from Astro Boy)
Gligar- Bruce...(lol Bruce Wayne)
Togepi (you get a Togepi egg.)- Bleach (its markings remind me off the Bleach logo)
Lickitung- RubberBall (it suits Lickitung and Lickiliky)

i give them some wierd names that kinda belongs to it :p

infernape : chimp :S
honchkrow: dark bird
roserade: flower... and my 2nd is named rose
floatzel: aqua
bibarel: big slave
and luxray : wolf

they are boring... what ever i dont like them xD i am going to change them i think

Espeon - Sol (Sun)
Aggron - Terra (Earth)
Luxray - Electron (Electricity)
Absol - Abyss (Ultimate Darkness)
Blaziken - Ifrit (Beast of Fire)
Wailord - Leviathan (Water/Sea Monster)

I don't really care for nicknames, but sometimes I nickname Pokemon that I use a lot in battles. But then again, there is poor old Bidoof...

Blaziken- Flara (close to the latin word for fire, or flame, flamma)
Zangoose- Zan (shortend version of Zangoose)
Lapras- Astus (I'm pretty sure this is the latin word for cunning)
Charizard- Draco
Bidoof- HM Wh*!# (take a guess)

Not the greatest names... but then again, I hardly give my Pokemon nicknames at all, as previously stated.

In my Diamond game:

Blastoise (Biggs)
Torterra (Wedge) Yay Star Wars.
Pidgeot (Dyne)
Growlithe (Ratchet)
Pikachu (Sparky) - totally Original.
Lucario (Deke)

I usually always have a Biggs and Wedge on my team and they are usually opposites of each other.
Deke is a random nickname that I thought of.

So far I've named every Pokemon I've caught in Platinum.

Atlas the Turtwig

Nap the Luxio

Cyril the Kricketune

Jepetto the Drifloon (Because I like spelling it that way better than Geppetto)

Pitri the West Shellos

Hemlock the Eevee

Yolk the Togepi

Velma the Dustox

Noxi the Gastly

Denzel the Meditite

Dennis the Nosepass

And that is all I can remember off the top of my head, but I think that's all of them.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yesterday, I evolved my Pikachu and renamed her Linkachu. ;D

Approved :)

Anyways, I still need names for the majority of my Platinum team, but Cubone has officially been named Grayskull. I blame Dway. It's hard not to yell out certain phrases when Cubone enters battle...

My shiny Ponyta (care of Dani) also has her nickname set: Pudding :D
It's an inside joke XP
Dani amused me greatly when nicknaming it, too.
"What do you want me to call her?" "Pudding! :D" "... No, seriously." "I'm serious." "... Seriously? Are you sure...?" "Yes!" "... really?" and so on XD

My friend gave me a shiny Ponyta and named it Rabies.

Now every time I use said Ponyta, I fear that I might have to take any pokemon that gets in contact with Rabies, has to be put down.

I have a really stupidly named mudkip from ruby. Guess what it's name is?

Mudkipz.

This is my team from diamond (please, please don't ask)
Infernape - Myixe
Staraptor - Lieutenant
Luxray - Slayer
Gastrodon - Djion
Roserade - Solarix
Lucario - Honda

flash]

DragonTamerJosh, please do not post in all caps, since it is akin to shouting. Also, please do not double post. It is against the rules. Ensure that you check you Personal Message Inbox very soon.

I got a Staraptor named StarRaper and a Torterra named Tortilla but that's about it. I only nicknamed them 'cause I knew once I got the pal park I was just gonna use my (unnicknamed) Ruby Pokemon. But other than that my Pokemon are just their regular names.

Dude Tortilla? I've seen a lot of funny nicknames but I think you might of won the medal.

Anyway,in Firered I thought it be cool to nickname my pokemon league team so I thought of names that I thought were cool/funny.(I was going to name my Diddo grape jelly, but he wasn't in my party when I went to the name rater ;D .)

Staravia: Windwalker
Lapras: Waterbomb
Charizard: Inferno
Gravler: Chunk o' Ro (There wasn't enough room for the rest of rock.)

That's all I can remember. I know there were some others that really funny though...

'Tis mah Platinum team...

Empoleon: Tuxedo (Urm... Yeah.)
Togekiss: Shiny (Not really shiny.. but...)
Houndoom: Hot Shot (Urmm...)
Cherrim: Pit (Planned to change the name after Cherubi evolved... But it stuck.)
Ryperior: Boulder (Dur...)
Magnezone: Officer (Like Officer Magnezone in Mystery Dungeon)

So.. yeah.

Ah...well, my Platinum team didn't turn out as originally planned, but I'll give you my nicknames.

Empoleon: Czar (Russian name for ruler)
Luxray: Raioar (Similar to originally planned, but it looked better with this spelling)
Staraptor: Jackdaw (It's a bird!)
Bibarel: Beck (It's at my beck and call, get it?)
Rapidash: Ariafa (A combination of 'Arabian' and 'flame')
Golem: Cyb (Golem's name is based off golem, and something similar is a cyborg, but 'Cyborg' didn't sound right, so that's where I got 'Cyb')

You just won the world.

Wow I LOLed so bad when I saw that, and yeah, it was posted long ago. xD

Well anyway, I rarely ever nickname my pokemon but I have 3 main names that I give the 3 toughest looking pokemon I own.

Oblivion - Most likely to Garchomp
Abomination - Tyranitar (Oh yeahs!)
Destroyer - Maybe...Dragonite?

I nicknamed a Weedle Destroyer in Blue Version as a joke before. I never evolved it and grew it to lvl 100 using the Rare Candy
glitch. I thought it was funny, although it Poison Sting rocked! xP

Torterra - Haruhi [ I just really like that name. ]
Banette - Sally [ She reminded me of Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas, and I like that name anyway. ]
Meowth - Slate [ After one of my favorite colors, slate blue. ]
Esperon - Spirit [ I think it's self-explanatory. Psychics are sometimes involved with spirits, et cetera. ]
Crobat - Kyo [ I don't know, I just randomly named him. ]
Sneasel - Soul [ Again, just randomly naming my Pokemon.

mine are very simple

piply - empoleon
hifje - swampert (i liked that one a lot)
ziggy - zigzagoon
zaggy - zigzagoon
zippy - linoone (evolved without me knowing it)
lily - linoone
lola - linoone
noone - linoone
kissy - togekiss
mosey - moltres
tessa - crobat