• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon mystery dungeon: A Town Of Hope

Rosie blinked when the Porygon-Z came near and spoke. "I, umm... do you know where Viola is?" She felt somewhat proud of herself for not stuttering too badly. Having Crescent by her helped more than she would have thought. "We'd like to as her for a mission. And, if she has tissues for Garison, that would be good too..." Hopefully the Tirtouga was okay. He had seemed pretty distraught, but Max was a kind Pokemon (if energetic) and would likely help him calm down. Rosie knew the feeling all too well.

"Eh..." The Porygon-Z stood some seconds with his eyes closed. "I saw her on the second floor, but I don't know exactly where she went. I hope that I could help, that's all I can do." He said, trying to look nice, as he started to lead at the entrance of the guild, and expected them outside. I'll just wait for them here. Then, I'll pretend a random encounter and I'll propose them if I can join them. If I want to cure the corruption, I'll have to see the corruption itself and not hypothesizing instead."

"Viola come here a minute"The guildmaster asked"y..yes guildmaster"she walked in with her clipboard in hand"Viola could you please give this to that budew on Max's team"belt handed a golden looking seed to Viola"it's a gold seed,team echo found it in brine cave not to long ago,this seed could help her evolve or at least make her a little stronger"Viola carried the seed out of the guildmaster room and began searching for Rosie "I wonder if there back yet"

"Hey!" Garison popped out of his shell" do NOT call me Gary! It's Gar for short! Not Gary!" He took his flippers out and pushed himself to catch up with the others. He looked back at Max"Oh! And i weigh about 18-20 KG,Max!" He caught up with the others and saw Rosie speaking to Talos.by the time he got there,Talos was gone"Who was that?" He looked up at Rosie standing on Crescent's back" You know?" He turned his head to Crescent

"hm,always wondered that"Max scratched his head and stood next to the others"Rosie!there you are,the guildmaster wants you to have this,he said it was a gold seed I think it's supposed to make you stronger,maybe even help you evolve"Viola held out the seed for Rosie since she didn't have arms,she noticed the other three Pokemon there"oh!sorry about that,how did the mission go,was it a success" she said embarrassed

Cobalt just looked at them from a distance, with his bone in his hand. "If they want to look good in the Guild, they might need training.. And, of course, that mentor HAS to be me.. Ugh, whatever, let's just get this over with." He thought to himself. He walked over to Viola and the others. "Hello, Viola. I have sort of.. a request for these kids. Look, all of you, you all seem to be rookies of some sort. I could train you.. If you want. If not, then you fight the corruption with no such experience whatsoever." Cobalt explained to all of them.

The Porygon-Z remembered that he was not ready for the exploration. Though he had never gone to exploration, living those last weeks in an exploration guild was enough for him to learn a few things about it. He needed a handbag to carry some apples and other stuff that could be useful. But not only that, he had to notice his intentions to go out of the guild. He entered again and went to visit the Guild Master. He stood some minutes in front of the door, and once he had gathered enough courage, he knocked the door and entered. "Excuse me, Belt. I wanted to know... Eh... I've been working here the last few weeks, but... I'd like to continue my research about corruption. I've thought about if I could join an exploration team in order to continue my investigation of corruption."

Rosie shook her head at Garison, looking back at Talos as he went over to the Guildmaster's room. "No, I didn't catch his name. Maybe one of the researchers working on corruption? He did have a labcoat, and he seemed pretty smart..." She'd never seen a Pokemon resembling Talos, but he didn't look like a pre-evolution. That had to count for something.

"E-eh? A seed that'll make me stronger?" You really could find all sorts of strange items in Mystery Dungeons. Well, why not! Rosie had never been this adventurous when she lived in her old village, but now that she was part of an exploration team she could probably afford to try new things. She leaned over and ate the seed, and immediately felt a strange rush of energy. "Woah. I think I just leveled up a ton... thank you!"

Rosie still cowered slightly when Cobalt approached (holding a bone, how scary!) but she actually felt a little more confident thanks to Viola's gift. Eep, he wanted to train them? That'd mean seeing this guy more often! Well, it was Viola's decision.
---
(( I'd like to evolve Rosie later, once she's more acquainted with everyone. Budew evolve via high friendship, so I thought it'd be nicer if she evolved when she's closer with all her teammates. Once everyone's joined the exploration team (Talos and maybe the others that just signed up) I think that'd be a better time. Thank you for the opportunity, though! ♥ ))

This Lucario really got on her nerves. He was definitely cocky and arrogant, and he had no idea on whether or not they'd experienced corruption before. However, she didn't want to make any calls for the group, as she guessed they had become as of the last few minutes. She turned to face Cobalt. "I'll be one hundred percent honest with you." She said, chuckling while she said the next bit. "I really don't like you. You're cocky, arrogant, and ignorant. Heck, you're probably younger than I am. How old are you, exactly?"

Bax had come back from an unsuccessful mission and was kicked out of the Aura Clan. "Fine, i'll find the cure by myself! I didn't need this clan anyway!" Bax set out to an overrun town full of corrupt and yelled to call attention to himself. "Come at me!" Bax repeatedly shot aura spheres, hoping to clear the town and make it usable again, but he was having trouble with the crowd of corrupt. The corrupt Pokemon started to overwhelm him, and once again, he retreated.

"well that's a nice offer but i have to leave it up to them it Should be there choice not mine,oh have you four thought of a team name yet you'll want to have one,and it's kinda fun"Viola smiled as she flipped through her clipboard"Alert!Alert! a Pokemon has been sighted running from bell town a corrupted village"ace shouted as he flew over to the entrance of the guild"oh dear, bell town is full of corrupted Pokemon"Viola said in shock"well Talos your job as a scientist is crucial to the guild, however if you think that joining a team if it helps further your studies then so be it"belt said with sigh unaware of what was happening out side

"Of course I know my job, but I should analyze the behavior of the corrupted Pokemon, plus a bunch of uninjured ones in order to confirm my hypothesis of how it spreads. And once I truly know the nature of the corruption, I'll be able to start thinking about a cure. It's been years for me since the last time that I battle, but I'll offer my help to any team that needs it and that it will gladly help with my investigations. So... Thanks for the opportunity." Talos said to Belt. He took a small handbag and introduced some food, a notebook, a pencil, an eraser and some bandages. He didn't know a lot about medical services or healing, but he surely knew the basics of how to treat a wound and other first emergency stuff in order to avoid worse injuries.

Once he took all he needed, he returned to the entrance, that now was a little messy. "Mmm... This is quite timely." He said for himself, without being noticed. He approached a group of Pokemon that were there. The Porygon cleared his throat before talking again. "Excuse me, I'm Talos. I guess that you I can say that I am a scientist. I've been in the guild for some weeks, but lately, my results are being infructuous and I've decided to join an exploration team in order to get more data. Would you mind if I join? I mean... I am not very good fighting, but I guess I could help you defeat some of the corrupted Pokemon. It would be a good opportunity to see their behavior. I'd only need someone that can defend me while I take my notes, and I guess that I could help if someone gets injured."

Garison looked at Talos" So that's your name! Honestly, don't know you so I don't like you,but I don't care if join the team.." he turned his Head to Max " I dunno...What Should our team be called?" We looked at the current members" We have Water,Rock,Grass,Dark and if Talos joins, Psychic!"

Rosie withered somewhat, shrinking down as Crescent confronted Cobalt. This sure wasn't something she wanted to get into. While she didn't appreciate the Lucario's rude manner, Rosie was pretty much a kid. She had come here to try to help find a cure, not fight uncorrupted Pokemon older than her. If senior members wanted to flaunt authority, she'd be more than happy to stay out of their way. Oh, but Viola was letting them decide on whether or not he would train them... well. Rosie couldn't tell if she wanted to side with Crescent due to friendship, or Cobalt just to make sure she didn't immediately get on his bad side. If they had to vote, those two were certainly who it'd come down to.

Maybe she was just being negative. It was always possible they'd settle it peacefully, and who knew? Max had technically been the first to volunteer for the mission (thus marking him as the leader in Rosie's eyes) and he might be the one to take charge. She held onto hope that this would end well.

The Porygon-Z that approached them once more was the least of Rosie's concerns, so she merely shrugged at his question. He'd still probably be more useful than she was, even with his whole 'not-good-at-fighting' thing and the Gold Seed she just ate. Anyways, if it furthered the steps to the cure, Rosie had no problems with him being there. Come to think of it... she spoke up, "Talos, what do you know about the corrupted Pokemon? I heard that thing about the orb, but do you know any more than we do?"

"Well..." Talos took his glasses and started to clean them. "Despite I don't have any proofs that it was due to the orb, I suppose that I'll say that is true." The Porygon-Z put again his glasses on. "Some old stories and legends confirm the existence of that orb, but it was never been used before, so I cannot concrete a way to stop corruption. And if you ask me about the corruption itself, I actually don't have anything new to add: aggressive behavior, a change of color, acquiring gray and dark tones, red eyes... My last research tried to investigate how a Pokemon gets corrupted, but, unfortunately, I can't corroborate my data. I mean... I follow rigorously the scientific method, and, until now, all the data I know are not very reliable. Most of the corrupted Pokemon that the other members could bring me were injured during the fight. I mean, at this moment, my hypothesis is that corruption is contracted by injuries produced by another corrupted Pokemon, though in reality, it would be just a sum of synergies, though I still have to analyze..." The Porygon Z looked at the group. "Eh... Sorry, I got excited when I talk about my work. But I guess that you all can understand what I am talking about, at least, I suppose that you got the idea."

"well Colbalt is mean,no offense Colbalt,but he is well trained and skillful,I wouldn't mind you mentoring us but if so your going to have to quit treating us like irresponsible children ,even though we are kids still,and Talos is a scientist his smarts would be a great addition to the team" Max began to examine his scalchop as he spoke

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Uzo just entered the room when he heard people talking about a scientist, corruption, and training. Some training might help me fight better! Uzo thought. Plus, if I do more missions, I might end up becoming a senior! Uzo loves to fight and becoming stronger is always one of his goals. "Hey can I train with you guys, too?!" Uzo asked excitedly.

OCC: I get likes but no replies ;-;

Last edited:
Bax had hid in a house away from the corrupt. "I thought i was stronger than this!" Bax was frustrated with his skill level, but couldn't do anything about the corrupt. His anger boiled more and more.

"you should get going that Pokemon could be in danger"Viola said worried,she leaned next to Colbalt and whispered to him"uh Colbalt, could you look after them in case things get to rough"she requested. "Viola, could you come here for a second"a loud voice echoed through the guild"y..yess guildmaster, right away,good luck you guys"she said as she walked off

Cobalt just nodded, and made a gesture meaning, "Come with me." He then went to a plain field, which looked perfect for training. "If you'd like to be trained, I'd say you do it here. This field is perfect for training. I am 20 years old, if you didn't know." Cobalt said, ignoring them saying that he was cocky, arrogant, ignorant and mean. "I'd say you work on battling each other to train.." He recommended, throwing up his bone and then catching it.

"While I..." Crescent hesitated, as she calmed down. That Lucario was really good at ticking her off, but she had to calm down. He probably had good intentions. Probably. "Appreciate the offer, I have fighting experience, and experience against corrupted Pokemon. As of right now, there's a Pokemon that requires our help and I intend to do just that." She stated as she began to walk off. She spared a look back to her teammates, as she guessed they practically were now. "You guys ready?"

The Porygon Z followed the rest of the group to the field that Crescent indicated. "I wouldn't say no to a little of training, but, disappointedly, I have experiments to run, and researches to be done." Talos stood a few seconds silent, thinking about just what he just told. Experiments, like if I had the technology or the subjects that I need. He thought. "And, yeah... A Pokemon to be saved, of course." He said, less passionate compared with his first commentary. "So count me in."

Even after all the Events, Dracoss was Still Asleep in Her Quarter's, When the Alarm Went Off,
"Wahh! I'm Awake!" She Yelled, Falling off Her Bed, Getting up, And Slithering to Her Awakening, Just for Safety Reasons, Then Somehow Pouring it in a Cup, Then She takes a Drink Of Her Awakening, Then Slither's Out of her Quarter's, And Into the Main Hall.

Bax had been running on the roofs of multiple buildings as the corrupt broke down the door to the building he was in, forcing him to jump out the window. Bax was constantly being bombarded by flying type pokemon, and he was starting to become exhausted from all of the running.

Kareem saw a herd of corrupted. He tried to sneak by but step on a twig lying on the ground. That was just enough for one of the corrupted to hear. As they all starred at him for a second he thought of what to do. Then as they started at him as he ran to the left. Kareem saw a town so he yelled ,"HELP ME PLEASE"!!! But he then realized that all the Pokémon were corrupted. After later examination he saw a lucario running on the roof tops.

Bax looked to the right and saw a Squirtle running from Corrupt pokemon. Bax shouted out to the Squirtle hoping to get his attention. "Over here! Find a Rendezvous point up ahead!" Bax knew that his only chance of survival was to group with normal pokemon who aren't corrupt.
he just hoped he could make it.

Bax repeated what he'd said, only it was loud enough for the Squirtle to hear. "I SAID, FIND A RENDEZVOUS POINT TO MEET UP AT!!!" Bax had only lost more stamina from yelling that loudly. He started to run slower to save energy, but quickly sped up again as he was still being attacked.

Kareem hearing the lucario ran up the hill and in to a cliff that the Lucario could easily jump to him. Kareem waving his arms and jumping yelling right here hurry there coming. Kareem uses water gun and makes the ground muddy which slows the corrupted down. Then he used water gun a corrupted pidgey that almost got to him.

Bax jumped next to Kareem, opened an elixir, and replenished his stamina. "graah!" Bax fires an Aura sphere at the crowd of Corrupt, but the crowd keeps on following. "Hey, what moves do you know? Anything that could help us?" Bax suddenly sees a team of non Corrupt pokemon coming his way. "Has a rescue team arrived?" Bax was hoping they were here for him.

Last edited:
"C'mon guys we have to help those Pokemon"Max said running off to the Pokemon,he jumped in slashing at one off the corrupted Pokemon with his scalchop,Max encased himself with water and launched at a teddy who was about to attack the Squirtle"gah,there's too many"Max growled as he pushed a Pokemon off of him with his scalchop

"Right." Crescent stated, nodding her head. She scooped up Rosie and ran after the Oshawott, who she guessed was technically their team leader, as he had charged into battle. She saw a corrupted Staravia fly down to strike at the Lucario. She launched a quick Psycho Cut at it, which knocked the Pokemon down. She followed with a quick Stone Edge, KOing the Staravia. "You all, get to Town! We'll hold them off!"

"Thanks for rescuing us! Graah!" Bax fired an Aura Sphere right next to where the team of pokemon were. Bax then followed it with bone rush, attacking multiple corrupt with his attack, then finished each corrupt pokemon with Aura Sphere. He'd started to charge an Aura sphere to max, but Corrupt were starting to focus more on him. "Everybody, cover me till i can release a fully charged Aura Sphere!" Bax noticed another Lucario and asked if he could also charge his Aura Sphere and release it at the same time.

"uh,are you sure about that,we might not be able to hold off for that long unless we have something to stall them"Max shouted as he sliced through a Electabuzz with his razor shell,he was knocked back after getting cut by a nincada which left a large gash dripping with blood in Max's arm"gah,*pant*t...this better work"Max said as he backed away bleeding severely

"i would help but I'm kinda occupied at the moment"Max said holding his paw over his wound to slow the bleeding"I don't think I can fight them like this ,I'm sorry guys, I should be protecting you I'm the leader, but I'm not strong enough"tears began to fill his eyes as he backed farther away from the corrupted pokemon covered in blood

Talos followed the group to the town. He thought that, at that point, he would be excited, feeling the adrenaline all over his body, but that didn't happen at all; Instead, he was fearful, fearing about what could happen to him or the rest of the group. He stood close to the group, yet still, in the rearguard. At first, he was overwhelmed by the attack, but, soon, he realized that he had to do something. Still, in the back part of the group, he started to use Psybeam, hitting a Manectric. Incredibly, the attack hit him, and even confused the objective, that, disoriented, started to hit other of the corrupted Pokemon.

He looked back and made sure that there were no corrupted Pokemon there. Taking advantage of the status of the corrupted Manectric, he took some bandages of his handbag and a small recipient filled with water. "Ey, Max. Come here!"