• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon mystery dungeon: A Town Of Hope

Link to the sign ups

https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-a-town-of-hope.16966/#post-471119
Max was sitting beside the fountain in front of the scrafty guild until a flaffy came running down the rocky stairs leading from the guild to the fountain "baah,Max, guildmaster Belt needs to talk to you baah"the flaffy said catching her breath"uh Viola,are you ok"max asked"yes,yes I'm fine but guildmaster needs to see you","ok,take care Viola"Max said as he ran off to the guild.the scrafty guild was 3 floors down into the earth,Max opened the large doors to see Belt,the guildmaster meditating with the symbol of the guild behind him"uh, guildmaster ,you needed to see me"Max asked"yes I do need something of you, Max,your a strong fighter but you need a team,you can't fight the corruption alone so I need you to find a team of your own"Belt said standing up and handing Max the cape that his mother wore"Max,your mother was one of the best members of this guild,but she made the mistake of trying to fight alone and you already know what happened,I don't want that to happen to you or anyone else,find a team that you can look out for them as for them to look out for you"Max put the cape on and wiped away a tear that ran down his face"y...yes guildmaster"Max walked out wearing his mother's cape proudly and looking for a team"I won't let you down mom"

Crescent looked over as an Oshawott - she thought she'd heard his name before, "Max" - walked out of Guildmaster Belt's room. He was wearing a cape now. Perhaps he'd been promoted to a higher rank? Did the guild even have ranks? She wasn't sure. However, she brought her attention back to the board, filled with requests about helping fight back the corruption. So far, she's done all her jobs solo. Most people don't want to be working with a Pokemon that supposedly brings disaster right behind them.

Garison was slowly sliding along the ground in an attempt to escape. After Takaiyla had been infected, it all came down to flames. Garison giggled a bit at that thought But I live underwater! Haha!..........Ha..Ha.. "Wait! HON!!! where are you, Brother!Hon!!" Garison looked around WHERE IS HE!! I CANNOT LOSE HIM!!! "HON!!" Garison went to go back to the water when Gem, a Staryu stopped him
"Gar,please....don't risk it.." Garison Stared at Gem, and turned around as his eyes started to tear up this can't be happening again!

Rosie watched the scene take place from behind a pillar, having hidden there when the Oshawott opened the door of the Guildmaster's room. Should she congratulate him on the cape? She shifted her weight nervously, and resolved to stay back for now. He did look quite happy, despite the tears in his eyes.

Looking around the room again, she took stock of her position. An Absol was hanging by the request board and there was noise coming from the stairwell. Rosie had come to the Guild expecting to be given work to do, but as of yet she had been ignored. ... Probably because she hadn't talked to anyone. She sighed a little as she took a few steps out from behind the pillar, and accidentally made eye contact with the Oshawott.

Garison made his way towards the guild.So this is the guild! OH BOY!! Imma be the first Pokémon they accept cuz I'm so Awesome! Yeah!!! Garison Shuffled along faster toward the Guild. He got there and immediately wrote his name down to sign-up. !!GarIsoN!! Was what he had written.Yeah!! The turned around to sit down nearby,Smiling. He was VERY confident that'd he'd make it

Max began walking towards the absolute who was staring at him until a budew was right in front of him"uhh,hi"Max said in a nervous tone,he looked at the budew and smiled"hehe,sorry about that,wh..what's your name"Max said embarrassed from walking into her.A starly flew into the room and whispered to Viola who was exausted after running back to the guild,she bounced her head up and began to announce to the guild"everyone listen up,a small group of corrupted Pokemon have been reported heading towards the guild and Sera town (the town the guild was in) since it is only a small group we only need a few volunteers to fight back at the Pokemon" Max was eager to volunteer"I'll volunteer"Max yelled"okay, anyone else"Viola asked

Rosie jumped once (not very high) and squeaked. "Uh-- um-- I'm Rosie!" She curled in on herself and tried to pretend he wasn't looking at her, when the Starly flew in and Viola made her announcement.

They were asking for volunteers. Well, this was the chance Rosie had been waiting for. She gathered up her courage, what little she had of it, and shouted as loud as she could. "I'll go as well!"

Crescent continued looking along the board until Viola announced that a group of corrupted Pokemon were heading towards Sera Town. That wouldn't end well if they didn't intervene. They asked for volunteers, and the caped Oshawott seemed to volunteer almost immediately. Well, she was looking for a new assignment. It seemed a Budew wanted to join in as well. Crescent walked up and stood next to the two. "Count me in as well."

Garison Jumped up"I DO!!!!!" He shouted. He slid over to Max excited " It'll my first time! But I'll do it!!" He slid into Max knocking him down"Sorry!!!!" He helped Max up and raised his head"SORrie!!" He looked at Max again"IM REALLY SORRY!DONT NOT LET ME DO IT NOW!!"

Rosie was nervous enough about the Absol suddenly walking over, but when the incredibly loud Tirtouga started shouting, that was it. She ran away from the group and back to her hiding spot. The others had the best of intentions, she knew, but Rosie had to calm down enough to think about what to do.

As her heartrate lowered back to manageable levels, she realized something. Rosie had just volunteered for a mission, and so had these other Pokemon. Didn't that mean they were going to be on her team? She blushed in embarrassment and shuffled back to the group. "S-sorry about that. Uhm... I'm Rosie. What are your names?"

"Woah! calm down"Max shouted as the tortuga knocked him over,Max saw Rosie bravely volunteer dispute her small size"hey Rosie,are you ok"Max asked worried"oh,I guess I never told you my name,I'm Max"Viola looked happy"ok, everyone,ace will guide you to the corrupted Pokemon"she pointed to the starly who began to fly out of the guild,Max ran after ace confidently

Crescent chuckled before directing her attention back to the Budew. Apparently her name was Rosie. "Don't worry about it, let's just catch up to those two." She stated, nodding in the direction Garison and Max had went to. "The name's Crescent, by the way." She added. Once again, a new thought came to her. "Do you wanna ride on my back? I can't imagine it'd be easy walk with those legs." She said, good-naturedly.

Rosie looked up at Crescent with a surprised expression. The offer certainly hadn't been what she was expecting from such a scary-looking Pokemon, but the Absol did seem nice enough. "Sure!" Rosie clambered onto Crescent's back as best she could, reveling in how different the world looked when three feet higher. "Huh... Crescent, do you think we'll be able to fight off the corrupted Pokemon? That Starly didn't say how many there were."

She wouldn't be able to defeat even one on her own, but the rest of her team seemed pretty strong. At least I can help back them up, Rosie reflected.

"don't worry Max is very protective he hasn't been on many missions yet but he is pretty strong for his experience as guild member,oh but two should be hurrying to the battle Max and Garrison is going to need you"Viola smiled with her arms holding a small paper"hey Garrison,what kind of Pokemon do you think there is"Max asked as he ran as fast as he could,for an oshawott Max was skinny and a bit taller. Max was aproching the corrupted mons,there was a sneasel,a tympole,a stuffed, and a slugma there eyes devil red and there body as black as ash"this shouldn't be to hard it's a four on four,orrr a two on four where is Rosie and cresent!"

Garison swung forward, and accidently did a rapid spin into the Stuffl "OOFF!!" He bowled the Stuffl down and screeched. He lifted his head and noticed max wasn't helping but what he didn't notice was that Cresent and Rosie were missing.Ya! More for me,then!!Wo-Ho!! He blasted the Slugma but it dodged and snuck up with Shadow sneak(Assuming Corrupted Pokémon can learn moves like that) and Overturned Garison"ACK!! HELP ME!!!" He gasped"Please!" The Slugma Loomed before him.a Fire type?! This can't be how I go down!

"I think we can handle it." Crescent replied with a smirk, before bounding after her teammates, careful as to not drop Rosie. She leaped off the ground and clambered on top of one of Sera Town's buildings, so as to avoid the Pokemon panicking in the street. She leaped from building to building, until she caught sight of her comrades battling four corrupted Pokemon. "I spot four of them. You have an advantage against the Tympole, I recommend focusing on that or using status moves on the other three." Crescent stated, as she slammed her shoulder into the Slugma, knocking it off of Garison. Her horn turned a pinkish-violet shade, before she sent a Psycho Cut towards the Stufful.

Max was shocked when Garrison jumped into battle on his own"Garrison!!wait for your team"Max jumped in slashing at the slugma with his scalchop drawn after crescent knocked it away"bout time,HYYAAA" Max shot a water gun at the slugma,afterwards the slugma retreated slowly leaving it's allies"garrison!show them what happens when you mess with a fossil"max shouted grinning as he jumped back

Rosie nodded, hopping off Crescent as she attacked the Stufful. The four corrupted Pokemon were in a group, and Rosie was hesitant to get close, but she launched a Stun Spore in the direction of the Sneasel. That should keep it in check for a little bit. Who could blame her for wanting to take out the Ice-type first, anyway?

Garison flipped upward back on his flippers and launched an Ancient Power at the Tympole quickly followed with a Rapid Spin."Ya!!.........ouchie...." He received a small bit of Recoil from Rapid spin,due to being a smaller Pokémon."THIS IS FUN!!" He continued attacking the tympole when he saw Rosie" Good job,little one!" He yelled" but I'm still better!" He slid To the middle of everything"Plug your ears!" Garison used Screech which distracted the corrupted Pokémon for Abit

"hey!!.what's the big idea we were handling it just fine until you came in"Max yelled as the Pokemon jumped in" hey,is everyone ok, Rosie, crescent,what about you Garrison"Max asked taking his mind of the Lucario for a bit

Garison flipped his head over to Max"yeah,I'm fine now!" He yelled as he Rapid Spun into the Stuffl. The Stuffl flew back, and retreated with the Slugma "Ha! You better run!" He turned to the Lucario" Why'd you do that?! We were perfectly fine!" He shouted "And you ruined our fun,too" he Muttered under his breath.

"Look. I wasn't trying to ruin your 'fun', as you call it. Battling corruption Pokemon is like doing the most riskiest thing in the world." The Lucario explained. "My name is Cobalt, I'm a senior member of the Scrafty Guild. You kids better stay outta my way. I'm going to beat some more outlaws." Cobalt said, running out of the Guild, after giving a look at all of them.

"who does that guy think we are"Max crossed his arms he looked at the corrupted Pokemon the stuff and slugma were already gone and the sneasel was fainted,and parilized as for the tympole fainted when colbolt swooped in "oh well,great job guys let's head back to the guild and then we can celebrate,after all isn't this the first team mission for all of us right"Max said proudly

Garison hung behind"but......" he slowly shuffled forward in an attempt to catch up."I'm coming.." he caught up to Max as he spoke" I agree,that dude's a big Poopy-head!HMPH!!" He slid forward when he fell behind again and commented on Cobalt"he is a big party pooper!" He sighed"well,I guess we have no choice,but to go back,huh?!"

Rosie hid behind Crescent the moment the Lucario attacked, shivering when he warned them to stay away. She stared after him, mouth open slightly, as he vanished as quick as he had appeared. "Eep... that guy sure is scary..." And here I thought senior members were supposed to be nice! At least the corrupted Pokemon were fainted, but Rosie was a little sad their first mission had been interrupted. "Yes, we'd better head back. Maybe Viola has an easier job for us?"

Crescent looked down at Rosie and gave a reassuring smile. While it did irk her that the Lucario interrupted the mission that they had been assigned by the Guild, she supposed there wasn't much she could do about it now. "I'm sure she will. Come on, let's go." She said, as she started to walk to the Guild, but then looked back to Rosie. "Did you wanna ride on my back again?"

Rosie smiled up at Crescent. "Sure!" Climbing back on, the Budew's thoughts were brought back to the corrupted Pokemon they had just fought. "Have any of you ever seen corrupted Pokemon in real life before?" She addressed the entire group. "This is the first time I've ever seen one, except for when I was too small to remember. They acted just like everyone says they do, but I was wondering... what is it that you think causes corrupted Pokemon? No one seems to know."

Crescent sighed as they walked back to the Guild. "I have seen corrupted Pokemon before. I wish I knew what caused it. If we could find out how it works, then, maybe we could find a way to fight back. A way to help those that were corrupted and revert them back to their normal selves." Crescent said, sighing at the memory of her corrupted parents. "But, until then, we have to keep fighting on."

"Well according to the guild and the stories my mom told me, a few years ago a rescue team found a mysterious black orb and caused them to be corrupted and we don't have any leads for the cure because the orb broke immediately after they used it"Max said with his arms crossed still

Garison stopped,remembering Hon,his father that had adopted him.Hon........ He started to tear up and he pulled himself into his shell,Hon...... he sniffled. Garison hung back in his shell,trying to hold back his tears."I miss Hon....." he spoke quitely to himself

"uh, Garrison you ok"Max peeked inside his shell and saw Garrison tearing up"Garrison,what's wrong buddy"Max Pat Garrison's shell"c'mon we're a team let us help you"Max smiled worringly

"I-I-its...." he took a deep breath in" it's just that..I..." he stuck his head out and turned toward max"I miss Hon....I lost him to the corruption!" He muttered"he's gone!!" He turned to the lake" they need our help down there!!"

In the meantime, Talos was cleaning some of the Guild's rooms. He was very intelligent and creative, but the Porygon Z was not very good at fighting, the reason why he spent most of the time in the guild, doing several tasks, instead of exploring or helping the others defending the Town or exploring. He was dusting off some of the furniture of the room while he was talking to himself. "Oh, I could be trying to stop the corruption, but no... Instead, I am doing some cleaning. What a waste of time!" But lately, he had changed his mind. He didn't want to continue doing the cleaning or cooking for the other Guild Members. If he wanted to study the corruption, he was going to experience it by himself, at least, watching the corrupted Pokemon out there.

"C'mon Garrison there's nothing we can do for now"Max grabbed Garrison's shell and began to drag it back to the guild"jeez garry,how much do you weigh,you guys go ahead and see if we can ask Viola for another mission,this may take awhile"Max said with Garrison's shell grasped in Max's paws

Bax stood atop a hill looking down on a corrupt Gastrodon as it chased his friends. "I'm not gonna let this thing take my friends that easily. GRAHH!" He drop kicked the Gastrodon and finished it off with Dragon pulse. Bax looked back expecting to see his friends but saw that they had already been extracted by the aura clan at the rendezvous point. A few corrupt Rattata and Gastly tried to attack but couldn't match the speed and strength of Bax, even if he was only a low medium rank in the aura clan. "Grah! Take this! Ha!" Bax had taken only a few blows but retreated anyway.

Crescent nodded to Max and picked the pace back up to her normal pace, with the direction she was heading being the guild. Of course, she made sure to be careful so she wouldn't drop the small Budew on her back. That wouldn't be good. First group of Pokemon she actually worked with and she ended up dropping one of them. That would look pretty bad, not to mention it'd make her feel bad just for dropping someone in general. Upon entering the Guild, Crescent looked around for Viola.

Talos wandered around the Guild, trying to avoid some of the tasks that he was supposed to do. When a member of the guild saw him, he started to simulate like if he was cleaning, but once that the member could not see him, he stopped and sighed. That was until he reached the entrance and saw Crescent and Rosie there. This is a good moment to spend some time out of the guild. Dangerous, but I really need to stop doing household work and carry on my research. He thought as the Porygon-Z approached them and started to talk. "Excuse me, do you need help?"

Bax had decided to meditate and focus his aura energy, as had planned to go into a dungeon, but had lost some hp and pp fighting corrupt pokemon. He had also been wanting to train his aura energy gain a higher rank. After meditating Bax went down the the move room, a room designed for mastering and learning new moves. He walked up to a dummy and proceeded to charge an aura sphere till it as big as possible "graah!" Bax launched the sphere and came in with bone rush, then finished the dummy off Shadow Ball. after restoring pp and hp, Bax set out to go to what used to be a mining site owned by a Gabite.