• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Masters League

“Hurricane then Moonblast again!” Wind whipped around the field again, sending a gust of razor sharp blades towards Frosslass while also causing the light Whimsicott to be blown into the sky. Now from his advantageous high position Alfyn launched a Moonblast down towards the Frosslass.

Shiori watched as Jaden's attitude shift, changing from cheerful one moment to something, well... a bit more melancholy. That was definitely the demeanor of a guy who carried a heavy promise on his shoulder. When Jaden asked if he could get a picture with everyone, the actor returned a smile and nodded.
"Yeah. I think that would be great." Shiori said Jaden. Raza nodded as well. But then, something happened that Shiori didn't expect.

A young woman's voice spoke up from behind them, and Shiori turned to find himself looking at none other than the Talia Silverstone. As in, the famous singer, Coordinator, and battler! Well, it looked like he wasn't going to be the only famous person competing in this tournament. Still, it was times like these that Shiori was glad he was wearing sunglasses. His eyes were so wide underneath them they could probably be mistaken for dinner plates. But since it looked like she was glad she wasn't being recognized, Shiori quickly fixed his expression.
"Well, that sounds pretty cool! I'm Shiori, and this is Raza." Shiori said to Talia, gesturing to Raza. The punk lady glanced back at the singer befire simply nodding and turning her attention back to the battle between Acacia and the other guy. It looked like it was really heating up. "That's a really cool Altaria there!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Tari-a!" Melody sang proudly, happy to hear the compliment.
Talia laughed softly. "Been one of my greatest partners since the beginning of my journey. She wasn't my starter - my Togekiss takes that position - but our bond is strong regardless."
Hearing her name, another flash appeared at her side, this time revealing her Togekiss, Harmony.
"Toge-toge!" the Jubilee Pokemon exclaimed, watching the battle excitedly. She was completely unaware that they'd been recognized, even though she was easily Talia's most recognizable Pokemon - alongside Melody, of course. The pair frequently performed together, and where one was, the other would often be as well.

Wisper did her best to dodge the attack however she suffered the odd scrapes and glancing blows from the attacks
“Blizzard then Toxic!” The froslass unleashed a huge icy storm powered up by the falling hail toward Alfyn, before firing a similar barrage of poisonous blobs hidden within the hailstorm, knowing the Pokémon would be unable to easily dodge the toxic attacks due to the reduced visibility.

“Cotton Guard!” The tuft of Cotton on Alfyn’s back grew to nearly triple its size, surrounding the Whimsicott in a sphere of the soft material. This did little to counter the winds of Blizzard and it was blown into the wall of the arena, thankfully the soft material cushioned the blow. When the toxic struck the excess cotton withered away, dying, and Alfyn was reverted back to his normal form. The Whimsicott was thankfully not poisoned, though it was visibly worn out from being tossed around in the blizzard. “Tailwind then razor leaf.” A Alfyn roared and a strong gust of wind blew from behind the Whimsicott as it shot out dozens of razor leaves, all flying much faster than before.

Shade looked over to see Raza grabbing the snack and growling at her, so she just waved her off. "I'm not laughing at you, silly. Chill a little," she giggled again before finally stopping herself. She focused a bit on the conversation happening in front of her as she reached over to scratch Chu right behind her ear as she finished her sweet snack, the little mouse leaning against the hand giving affection and squeaking in content while still balancing on Jaden's leg.

Although, her grin faltered a bit as she looked over as Jaden began to vaguely explain why he was here. Must have been a huge promise. She had seen this before in her work. Numerous people she worked with only wanted to be in their profession, so they could help someone who was close to them, whether they were already not a part of this world or if they were hurt by something that technology they had then couldn't save and they were working against the clock to see if they could save their friend or family member and everybody else who was suffering.

She gave a heartwarming smile and patted Jaden on the shoulder, seemingly understanding where he was coming from and gave a sympathetic smile as she began talking in a much more quiet, somber, and mature tone, almost motherly at that. "Don't let that sour your experience here. They must already be proud that you got to where you are now, so have fun."

Chu, hearing Shade's tone, looked over to Jaden with a concerned look before crawling up to his chest and giving him the biggest mouse hug she could muster. Shade then looked over to see Jaden pull out a camera, and she smiled. She nodded. She hadn't had a picture taken in a long while, and she'd liked to have a copy. Her tone changed back to her upbeat self as she responded. "Sure, just as long as I get to have a copy."

It was then that she noticed a girl had walked up and sat next to them. Something about her seemed familiar. Talia? Then an Altaria popped out, then a Togekiss. Then something clicked. Shade remembered her. But not because of her songs or performances, but because her sisters wouldn't shut up about her musical talent and her performances. She had to admit though, that she was an exceptional performer. She nodded as Talia asked if they were competing and she introduced herself when she got the chance.

"The name's Shade, and this is Chu, my birth Pokemon and my Partner Pokemon. Don't let the birth part confuse you, we were just born at the same time," she chuckled before letting her get more comfortable.

As she talked, she could tell she was obviously trying to hide something, but wanted to socialize and be treated like a normal person for once. Knowing that feeling, as she was friends with Shiori, she decided to vaguely hint that she knew her, but not to the point where she spilled all the beans out on the table. She also noticed how well groomed Melody was and she seemed extremely close to her trainer. Of course, so was her Togekiss and they seemed to be long-time partners with one another. She predicted something, but couldn't be too sure about it and will wait until later.

"Well, it's nice to see someone of your caliber here, Talia. Can't wait to see you battle out there, along with the rest of you. And also can't wait to go up against you, Jaden. I haven't had a hard-fought battle in a loooong time," Shade smiled before relaxing more in her seat. The battle down there was really heating up, but she could smell the conclusion was coming up quickly.

She could feel her PokeBalls jingling about in her belt, but she held them steady. She didn't want any of them escaping and crowding the stands, and also ruining her surprise out there. Well, if anyone cared to look at the profile.

Last edited:
“Haha, well, I can’t wait to see you and Melody show what you’ve got!”

Hearing Shade’s comment, as well as the sudden hug from Chu, Jaden froze up somewhat. He had received care and love before, but didn’t quite know how to respond to this. It seemed like they had an idea he carried something heavy with him, but neither of them truly understood what it was. It was something he decided for himself, and far larger in scope than the death of a loved one, or a simple tragedy. Feigning a smile, he patted Chu and gave them a gentle hug in return, before turning to Shade.

“Thanks, and don’t worry, I plan on having a lot of fun here. That’s why I came after all”

With everyone else agreeing to a group picture before the tournament came to an end, Jaden watched the battle some more briefly, as Shiori and Shade both talked to Talia. Acacia seemed to be holding his ground well, and if he had to put money on one of the battlers winning, it was him. He still felt the young Trainer had yet to show his trump card as well, and when he did, it would no doubt seal the victory. After a few minutes of this, he turned back to Talia, while digging in his pocket for something.

He had remained pretty calm for meeting a huge musician, but he wasn’t out of the loop enough to not know who she was. From his coat, he removed an old music player. By now, there had been plenty of new models released, that this one was far outdated from anything produced recently. Unlike his camera though, the device didn’t have a single scratch or sign of visible wear on it. It was easy to tell the Trainer had gone to great lengths to keep it pristine. As much as he figured she just wanted to relax from anything fan related, this was an opportunity he couldn’t pass up that was just as important as the tournament.

“I’m sorry to ask by the way but…” Showing Talia the music player, Jaden rubbed the back of his head nervously. “Would you mind?...” he asked, hoping she would be willing to sign it. Though it’d be pretty obvious to tell who she was by now, he still made an effort to ask quietly and conceal the music player, out of respect to her. She no doubt wanted her privacy, much like any other person.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
She flinched a bit upon being recognized, but regained composure quickly. Pulling out a pen from her bag, she quietly responded "Not a problem!" She didn't seem very bothered.
The pen she'd selected was essentially her "designated signing pen" - containing silver ink dotted with sparkles. Noting the pristine condition of the music player with an impressed streak, she signed carefully as to not damage it in any way.
She clicked the top of the pen, pulling the nib back into it, and placed it back in her bag. Truth be told, she seriously appreciated the privacy that she'd been given. It was a rarity, and it put a smile on her face.
She mouthed 'Thank you' before turning to the newly introduced Shade.
"Nice to meet you too," she said with a smile. "I'm really excited to do some battling, me and my team have been training for this forever."

Receiving back his music player, now donning Talia’s signature, the light in Jaden’s eyes grew brighter for a moment. Mouthing back Thank You as well, the young man excitedly and carefully returned the device back into his bag. It was a small act, but meant many things to him. He thought back to the time he spent with Seria just before she passed on.

She’d always go on and on about Talia’s music. Every new song release, video, she loved watching her perform...I must’ve listened to all her songs hundreds of times. At first, I didn’t really care for it, but the music grew on me. I guess she was always good at showing me the other side to things…

Glancing back to the battle, Jaden figured it’d be good to catch some more of the action for the time being. He’d enter back into the conversation in time, but for now, he was just looking to get back his good vibes by watching the intense fight. Not to mention, the Trainer wanted to pay full attention if Acacia was forced to use all of his Pokemon. Whatever his last Pokemon turns out to be, I gotta see just how strong it is.

Wisper did her best to evade the sharpened leaves though the extreme speed of the barrage meant her ethereal body was soon peppered with tiny cuts from the attack.
“Ice Beam and freeze him in place!” Screamed Hyōga as Wisper released another sub zero blast as she glided across the field in strafing patterns, hoping to lock Alfyn in place and then attack from all sides

While Alfyn was never hit directly by ice beam, the Whimsicott soon found itself trapped between large walls of ice. “Quick, Hurricane!” Acacia shouted in desperation when he realized what was going on. Alfyn’s eyes glowed as winds began to whip furiously from inside the ice cage. The move was not strong enough to break the ice, however, the winds easily tossed Alfyn high into the air, freeing him from his frosty confines. “Now Moonblast.” From the high position Alfyn had gained his hands began to blow and he let loose another powerful moonblast.

On top of blowing Alfyn free form the icy cage, the hurricane had blown away the last of the hail pellets, meaning Wisper’s snow cloak was no longer in effect. As such the fairy attack hit her left flank as she tried to evade it
“Psychic then frost breath!”
Hyoga had hoped the icy cage would make Alfyn an easy target but nevertheless was impressed by Acacia’s ingenuity. Meanwhile Wisper’s arms rose with a cobalt glow as she tried to catch Alfyn in mid-air and immobilize him before launching her powerful icy torrent toward the Grass-Fairy type

Last edited:
Shade noticed Jaden freeze up a bit when Chu and her tried to be sympathetic. Even though she didn't really have the whole gist of what happened to him, she thought she figured it out just a little. This was for a friend, who was unable to participate in the tournament. She knew that much. But she returned a smile as Jaden responded that he was here for fun, as well.

Shade watched the exchange between Talia and Jaden with a smile on her face. She was glad that everything was kept discreet, although a piece of her kind of wanted to be recognized for something she did, too. But she knew that plenty of researchers would have heard a bit of her work anyway, so she wasn't feeling that bad about not being able to have some sort of fans. Although, she was more intrigued at how pristine the music player looked. Judging by his attire, no one would have guessed how well he kept his things or how well the food he'd buy for his Pokemon would be. He was certainly a character, that was for sure.

Looking down at the battle below, it seemed that Acacia's ingenuity against her opponent seemed amazing. Being able to think on your feet like that is something that Shade excelled at. She trained how to be unorthodox with her Pokemon, which made battling fun, but also made it super simple to win against opponents who wouldn't be as prepared or as 'on their feet' as others. Hopefully, Jaden doesn't disappoint her, but something about him let her know that she wasn't going to be disappointed. At all.

After watching more of the match, Jaden grabbed another piece of the Pokemon food, handing it to Chu and gave them more headpats. He’d seen Raichu’s before, but Shade’s Alolan Raichu was another class of cute. God, if I’m not careful, I might spoil her...It’d at least be easy enough to not give them too much food, but it was a struggle to stop wanting to pat and hug the adorable mouse.

His good vibes having returned a bit, he thought about his upcoming battle with Shade. While she may not have competed in any of the conferences, she had travelled to a lot of regions. He hadn’t even heard of Alola before, so he expected that when he finally battled with her, he’d see even more things that were currently unknown to him. She’s probably seen all the Pokemon I plan on using before. So if I wanna have a chance at winning... A smile worked its way to his face, as his mind began to contemplate ideas. He expected having to think outside the box, but for this fight, it might be his greatest test of creativity yet.

Looking around at Shade, Shiori, Talia, Raza, and Chu for a moment, it felt a little surreal that everyone was rather casual and relaxed. While he wasn’t complaining, Jaden had expected to see some more uptight people for a tournament of this magnitude. Hard to remember the last time I did this...Watching a tournament battle and talking with other competitors like friends. Feelings deep inside him tugged at his heart, not making him tear up, but it was like a wave of nostalgic thoughts washed over him all at once. For a moment, it felt like he was just hanging out with good friends, like the old days.

“Hey...what do you think you guys will all do once the tournament’s over?” he asked, posing the question to everyone. It was both to break some of the silence, as well as his curiosity on what everyone’s next destinations and plans were after this.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"I've promised my sister that I'll spend as much time with her as she wants when I get home. I've been away from home so often, and I want to spend time together." She sighed a little bit, obviously it bothered her.
"We might be going to Alola for a vacation together. I'll probably show her around the region, because I've traveled there before. I know she'll love it."
She watched the battle intently. Clearly both competitors were skilled. If she remembered right, her battle was next - although she didn't know who she was battling.

Shiori leaned back in his seat, grinning and putting his hands behind his head.
"Well, I'm on vacation right now, so I'm going to take advantage of it to the fullest. I'm going to try to do the Gym Challenge here in Sinnoh. I already managed to snag four of the badges before the tournament, all I'm going to have to do is get the next four. I'll be happy if the other Gym Leaders are at least half as fun as my battles with Crasher Wake and Volkner were." Shiori said. "While I'm here, I'll try to see the sights too. So if anyone knows any cool places I should check out in the Sinnoh region, you all should let me know!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Talia looked at Shiori, smiling. "My sister has traveled around Sinnoh for pleasure, and she tells me that the three lakes are spectacular. I haven't been but she's showed me pictures."
She recalled the photos of the lakes of Sinnoh that her sister had showed her when she came back from Sinnoh. She'd heard the legends of the three Lake Guardians that lived in them but didn't believe them much.

Chu, seeing another proffered food of sweetness, squealed about in delight before taking it. But feeling like Raza would be left out, used Psychic on another piece of food, floated it above everyone's heads, and set it on Raza's shoulder this time. Her eyes stopped glowing blue as she did this and she nuzzled up into Jaden's stomach as he pet her before eating and savoring every bite of the sweet delicacy.

Shade, while knowing she had no experience with conferences before, has had trained quite extensively alongside her research. Sometimes her research required her to train her Pokemon a certain way, as she had been dabbling in a lot of other subjects that weren't all genetics or biology-related. Although, figuring that Jaden had been in at least a couple conferences, he has had experience before with being on his feet. It was going to be a tough fight, she could just feel it in her bones. She would just have to outwit him if she were going to win. That would mean some of her Pokemon would have to be told what they needed to do before their battle started to let them know to be creative as they saw fit. Which would mean lots of ideas could come about that won't all be her's.

She looked over at Jaden when he asked what they were going to do afterwards. Smiling, she let Shiori and Talia respond first before throwing in her own two cents. "Well, I'll probably go back to working on my research, so I can pitch it to Professor Oak, or someone of high importance. Having brushed up with the old coot a couple times, I'm pretty sure he would like to back up my research if it shared any kind of research he was doing. Which, it is about Pokemon biology, so I wouldn't doubt it," she giggled as she called him an old coot. Even though she doesn't have a friendship with him, it was going to be easy to get along with the man. She was able to have a full on intelligent conversation with him when he visited the school she was enrolled in. It had been 19 years since the first time they met, so she wasn't sure if the old man would remember her.

She then sighed happily and looked up at the sky with the many clouds above them. "And then I'll probably relax with my Pokemon, occasionally training them so they don't get rusty and helping any wild Pokemon I find out there as I take a leisurely stroll around Kanto... Once again. Maybe even perform in a few contests that have sprouted up in Kanto due to the new season," she chuckled again before relaxing. The feeling with talking to everyone as if they were almost family felt so nice. She hadn't had this before. If tournaments were anything like contests she had performed in, this was the most chill she had ever been with her future opponents.

Hearing about Shiori going to sightsee Sinnoh while also partaking the Gym Challenge, Shade smiled. "Well, if you are the kind of person that likes scenery, I'd suggest the three lakes, like what Talia said. I would also suggest Mt. Coronet. It's pretty spectacular once you get to the top. If you are looking to be more filled with history, go to Solaceon Town and there's a library there filled with myths and legends. They even have statues erected in the honor of two very powerful Pokemon there, who are said to keep our universe in balance. Too bad they are so rare, nobody knows how and where to find them. They'd be so cool to see, if they do exist." Shade was practically bubbling with enthusiasm at this point with meeting all-powerful Pokemon, or even just seeing them. But seeing them erected in statues was one thing, actually seeing them was a completely other ball game that she probably would never get to in her entire life. Still, it was fun to fantasize about.

There was nothing the poor Whimsicott could do as it was suspended in air and hit full force. Acacia ran onto the field as he saw his friend plummet downwards, diving to catch Alfyn just before he slammed into the ground. “You were great buddy, I’m so proud! Get some rest.” He held out Aflyn’s pokeball and returned him while the Whimsicott smiled weakly at his trainer’s kind words. After Alfyn was returned, Acacia shot an evil glare across the field. “You inconsiderate ass. Didn’t you realize you had him beat with only one of those attacks!?” He turned and walked slowly back to his platform, his fists clenched and shaking with rage. Even though he was a powerful trainer, Acacia would never overkill an already injured Pokémon. “He’s going to regret hurting your friend. Let’s finish this whole thing, just us.” Acacia spoke to the timer ball in his hand as he prepared to send out his second strongest Pokémon. If Alfyn can put up a fair fight, then Kaiju will be able to destroy them.

“Go Kaiju!” He shouted as he sent out his Dragonite. Kaiju roared as he entered the field, filled with rage for his fallen adversary and activating dragon dance even without his trainer’s command. While Omi and Acacia could communicate almost flawlessly without speaking due to their powerful bond, Kaiju and Acacia did not exactly communicate but rather thought the same things due to their shared high intelligence and trust of the other. Both of these pokemon had a huge advantage because opponents would often not know what to react to until it was too late.

“Do it now.” Kaiju launched towards the Frosslass with blinding speed using extreme sped. His fist crackled with electricity as he swung a thunder punch to slam the Pokémon. (Ignore this next part if Frosslass dodges). Acacia was tempted to have Kaiju seal the deal with Fire Blast, but he wanted to prove he was a more considerate man than his opponent. He opted to use an attack that would finish the job but wouldn’t cause excessive damage, “Aqua tail.” The Dragonite’s tail was covered in a veil of rapidly swirling water. Kaiju then preformed a from flip, whipping his tail over his head to spike the ghost Pokémon into the ground.

The two attacks both hit Wisper with such force that despite her small mass she left a large crater in the battle field
“Wisper return, Everest you’re up!” Yelled Hyoga as his huge Abomasnow appeared on the field and induced an intense hailstorm
“Blizzard then Frost Breath!!” The Frost Tree Pokemon unleashed a series of icy blasts toward the dragonite only further empowered by the falling hail

Kaiju was hit straight on by the blizzard attack; however it did not take much damage thanks to its multiscale ability. Immediately after being hit a piece of paper appeared in front of Kaiju and was then torn in half, this was the effect of the held weakness policy kicking in. The Dragonite roared as it gained a substantial power up. “Fire Blast!” Acacia shouted as Kaiju shot a heavily boosted fireball that went straight through the frost breath to target the Abomasnow.

“Water pulse and rockslide!” Everest did his best to cancel out the fire blast with a densely compacted sphere of water however the intense flames still managed to brush the snow tree Pokémon’s outer branches and singeing them. From the singed mess Everest pulled his own charred weakness policy and launched a wave of dirt and stone toward Kaiju

“Get behind it with extreme speed, then use fire blast!” Shouted Acacia. The dragon Pokémon was able to quickly evade the rockslide and appeared a safe distance behind Abomasnow. Acacia’s strategy was to keep the fight at a distance, he knew as long as Kaiju didn’t get in too close, his greater speed and strength would allow him to win. Now behind Everest, the Dragonite launched another powerful fire blast at the ice type’s back.

Shiori took in Talia and Shade's advice, smiling and making sure to take notes in his Xtransceiver. The three lakes... Mt. Coronet... Solaceon Town. Shiori liked the sound of the three lakes. Perhaps they would be a good place to kick back and get some fishing in, just do some relaxing in nature. He wondered if they were anything like the Lake of Rage, back in Johto? Hopefully they'd be a bit calmer and not so full of Gyarados. Solaceon Town also sounded intriguing to the actor. Legends of Pokemon that kept the universe in balance? Sounded more like something out of one of Jean's science fiction or fantasy movies, but okay. Then again, Jean did like to make his movies with tones to the real world. Still, it sounded like an interesting place to visit.

A flash from the battle caught Shiori's attention, and the actor turned to find Acacia sending out his Dragonite. What a cool Pokemon, but not a great matchup against the opponent's Abomasnow. This was a pretty close match. Both trainers really were going all out, which was something to be expected in a tournament such as this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raza glared at Shade once more before turning her attention back to the fight. But she only watched the fight for a few moments more before she felt something land on her shoulder. It was another treat! Trying not to draw attention to herself, Raza took the treat and quickly popped it in her mouth. This treat... was fantastic! Raza always had a weakness for sweet foods, so she knew when something was pretty good quality. Sure, it was no Rage Candybar, but it was still pretty darn good! The punk girl leaned back, grinning and savoring the treat as she slowly ate it.

Everest turned just in time to have the fire blast hit him square in the chest knocking him back quite a distance
“FREEZE THE SUN!!!!!” Screamed Hyoga as Everest regained his feet and begun a rampage of icy attacks. His entire body glowing a eerie ice blue as he summoned a monumental blizzard around the entire stadium, before he unleashed a focused torrent of icy wind toward Kaiju and readied himself to follow the dragonites movements. In a final act of desperation the Ice-Grass type released the sub-zero energy he had been charging in a wave of Sheer-Cold energy.

Looking down at her phone after feeling it buzz, she noticed that it read something about the next stadium being open for the next battle. Looking over to Jaden, she smiled. "Guess what?" She showed Jaden her screen, which had the next stadium over saying it was open with big green letters and the contestants that were up to fight were their names: Jaden vs Shade.

Chu hopped off of Jaden's lap and landed on her tail, which she then began floating about above the seats. Shade got up, as well and stretched. "As much as I like to watch a fight and talk with you guys, I am itching to fight. Want to do some last minute training Jaden before we fight, or should we just go there and fight? Pretty sure my Pokemon don't really care."

As if to confirm, Chu nodded excitedly. Shade just waited for Jaden to get up before doing anything else. She looked over to Shiori, Talia, and their Pokemon as she talked to them, too. "I suggest you guys also get ready for your upcoming battles. You can never be over prepared."

Man...everyone’s actually got a plan when they finish up here…

While he had asked the group what they intended to do, Jaden felt a little surprised everyone had concrete plans. Although he didn’t show it, a small part of him felt jealous of that. Once I’m done here, I don’t know where I’m going next...Maybe somewhere I haven’t been to I guess...Nodding and smiling externally to everyone’s replies, that familiar feeling began to spring itself up inside him. Wanting to go on another adventure with friends, like he had years ago.

No, you promised to live for them. To battle for them. You have more regions to visit, and battles to be had. Adventuring with other people will slow you down…

The negative thoughts brought him back to remembering why he was here. Jaden had a job to do. He had to enjoy this tournament, give his all in the battles, and make it a memorable experience. Shade speaking to him snapped the young man back fully to reality, as he saw that a notice on her phone confirmed they were able to commence their own match. Offering a smile back, he barely felt Chu jumping off his lap, as his body began to slowly enter competitive mode. All his senses slowly dulled upon standing up, as he replied to his opponent.

“I’m ready to go now if you are”

Truthfully, he just wanted the battle to be over before it even began. For the tournament to be over. While he continued to fake his enthusiasm, inside, all he felt was a pointless battle awaiting him. It was another fight to commit to memory. Another face he would be friends with for this event, and then probably never see again. Waving goodbye to everyone remaining in the stands, Jaden headed to the arena, as the feeling of hollowness overtook him like it always did for every fight. Win or lose, it’s all the same...

“Hurricane!” Acacia shouted to Kaiju. The Dragonite summoned a wind vortex around itself that protected it from the incoming blizzard and icy wind. Acacia’s heart began to race a little when he saw the Abomasnow release a One-hit KO attack, but he quickly calmed himself after remembering the inaccuracy of such an attack. “Get our of there with extreme speed!” Shouted the trainer. Kaiju launched himself up above the clouds, barley visible from inside the arena, partially due to the decreased visibility from the blizzard, successfully avoiding the dangerous attack. “Our turn,” Acacia muttered to himself. “Clear the way with fireblast, then extreme dragon rush!” A roar could be heard in the stadium, triumphantly echoing from above the hail clouds. Soon after, a gigantic fireball followed, creating a hole in the clouds on its way towards the Abomasnow. Close behind the heated attack, Kaiju followed, cloaked with a purple aura from dragon rush and charging his opponent with extreme speed.

Everest’s Icy wind after being boosted twice by weakness policy Collided with the fire blast midair, initially the fire blast melted through the attack and continued toward Everest however with time the icy onslaught completely extinguished a blast and Everest continued to Fire and Frigid torrent towards the oncoming kaiju. Regardless of whether or not the attack would harm Kaiju, the sub-zero cascade would decelerate and weaken the effectiveness of the extremely fast dragon rush.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(@John Szymanski, you have to sign up for this thread first.)
A notice on Talia's phone suddenly appeared, and the trainer pulled it up out of her pocket. She looked down at it, reading the alert.
"Hey... Shiori? I think we might be battling each other..." she stated.
She pocketed her phone again. She bit her lip, thinking of strategies for her battle.

"Huh?" Shiori said, turning his attention away from the battle. His Xtransceiver let out a chirp, and the actor looked down to find the same alert that the other trainers to battle have been getting. He really was being matched up with Talia. Talk about irony. Two celebrities that were also trainers, getting ready to duke it out. Taking another glance at the alert, Shiori realized that his battle was... actually schedule to start pretty soon. That was not good. He still needed to get ready!
"We gotta go." Shiori said to Raza, grabbing his duffle bag. The punk lady huffed in protest, gesturing to the battle in progress. "Yeah, I know you want to watch it till it ends. But we have to get ready!"
Duffle bag in hand, Shiori jumped over his seat and into the aisle. Raza rolled her eyes, then jumped after him.
"I'll, uh, see you in the arena Talia! Good luck with your battles, everyone!" Shiori said, waving to the group as he ran off.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Talia inhaled, then exhaled. She returned her Poke-pair, before standing up. "I'd best be leaving as well. See you all later." She left the area, ready to prepare for her match.
"I don't know exactly how he battles. Thing is, he doesn't know how I battle either. We've changed since we battled publicly last time." A smile formed on her face.
"All of your items are equipped, and you're all ready to go." She smiled, before standing up. "You guys ready!"
"Tarrrri!/Togetoge!/Priiii!/Meow-stic!/De-voir!/La-praassss!" She got a mixture of Pokemon cries back, much to her pride. Her Pokemon were ready to stand with her.

----------------------------------------------------
A short time later, Talia stepped into the arena. It seemed that she'd gotten there first, as she hadn't had much preparation to do - she'd done that before she spectated the other match. She'd changed from her modest outfit to her signature one, the outfit that she was always recognized for. Her eyes were done up with mascara and silver sparkly eyeshadow, her nails had been painted silver, and she wore a performer's smile. This was where she belonged.

“Stop, stay in the air!” Acacia shouted to his Pokémon, noting the slowing down effects of icy wind. “Dragon dance!” Kaiju disengaged the extreme dragon rush and glowed a purple tint, seeming to grow stronger and recovering his lost speed. “Get in close with steel wing but keep a fire blast ready!” The Dragonite’s wings turned a metallic gray as it rocketed towards Abomasnow with a readied fire blast waiting in his mouth so if Kaiju was met with a counter attack he could simply block with fire blast and continue on with steel wing.

Everest’s attacks continued to effect the battle field Kaiju, the howling blizzard still swirled around them and the intense icy wind continued provide a great deal of resistance to Kaiju’d movement.
“Ready an Earthquake to create a wall against that steel wing!” Hyoga knew that Kaiju wouldn’t be hurt by the earthquake but it’s preparation meant Everest was ready to defend himself. Kaiju would begin to show signs of fatigue sooner or later with all the extreme maneuvering it was forced to perform as opposed to Everest’s relatively stationary position.

After a few minutes of getting ready, Shiori made his way towards the arena. Gone were his normal jeans and t-shirt. Now, the actor wore a blue breastplate complete with shoulder armor, and blue plate greaves as well. His hair was down and no longer back in ponytail, and aquatic patterns decorated the armor. It seemed quite scale-like, similar to that of a fish. On his face, he wore a white mask that covered his mouth and nose. It looked quite similar to the mouth of a Gyarados. He wore dark makeup around his eyes, giving him a much more intense and darker look. In his hand, he carried a golden trident. People stopped and stared in surprise as he walked by.

Stopping just before the entrance to the arena, Shiori unclipped a Pokeball from his belt. In a flash of light, his Milotic appeared. Her name was Tehtys, and she was a larger Milotic than the average. It was a tight fit in the hall they were in, but they still had enough room to maneuver. The dark haired actor approached his sea serpent Pokemon, which let out a small cry as it nuzzled against Shiori. Shiori petted Tehtys on the head, feeling her cool skin through his gloves.
"You're gonna do great this battle. I know we switched up the strategy, we've practiced this. But no matter what happens out there, I'll be proud of you." Shiori whispered softly to Tethys as he gently rubbed her head. The Milotic let out another small cry and smiled her trainer. Shiori's eyes twinkled, and under his mask he was smiling.
"Alright. Help me out with this entrance, 'kay?" Shiori asked. The large Milotic shifted, and Shiori stood on the end of her tail. Kneeling down, Shiori closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. When he opened them again, Shiori was no longer Shiori. In this costume, in this mindset, he was none other than... Marine Knight Gyarados!

Pokeball in one hand and trident in the other, Marine Knight Gyarados nodded at Tethys. Snapping her tail like a whip, Tethys sprayed a spout of water from the end of her tail and launched the actor into the arena. To everyone in the audience, it seemed like the Marine Knight had suddenly launched himself into the air using his signature Dragon Waterfall fighting technique. Letting out a surprise gasp, the crowd began to cheer at the sudden appearance of the hero. While in midair, Marine Knight Gyarados returned Tethys back to her Pokeball. The actor did a flip in midair before landing, making sure to roll to relieve the fall. Ending on a knee, the Marine Knight quickly stood up and twirled his golden trident as he approached the battle area. He tucked the trident under his arm and pointed a Pokeball towards Talia.
"I hope you've prepared yourself. I'm not holding back." The actor's voice was a much lower, darker, and more growly than when he had been talking in the stands, and he almost sounded like a completely different person.

At the signal from the refs, the Marine Knight sent out his first Pokemon. Tehtys the Milotic burst from her Pokeball, letting out a triumphant cry as she stretched upwards. The larger than average Sea Serpent-like Pokemon looked down upon Talia, ready for whatever Pokemon she was going to send out.
"Tethys, use Aqua Ring!" the Marine Knight commanded. The Milotic once again let out a cry as three small rings of water droplets formed around her body.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Talia's eyes glimmered. Hold back? I don't do holding back.
Her mind came up with a strategy quickly, and she sent a Dive Ball spiraling in the air.
Immediately, Soprano the Lapras burst out of the sphere, letting out a melodic cry.
"Soprano, Rain Dance!" Talia commanded.
With a high note, clouds formed over the arena and rain began to fall.
Now, she knew that since both Pokemon were of the Water-type, Rain Dance would affect both. However, she had something else up her sleeve.

Rain Dance? The Marine Knight's eyes narrowed as rain began to fall. That was an odd choice of a move. Especially since they were both Water Types. Even with the boost of power to water-type moves, her Lapras still wouldn't be doing much damage to Tethys. Unless... The Marine Knight had a bit of an idea what Talia might be planning, but wasn't completely sure. It was quite likely that she was trying to do that... So if it was, the actor would be ready.
"Tethys, Toxic!" The Marine Knight commanded, pointing to the Lapras. Neither him nor Tehtys seemed to be paying any mind to the rainstorm that was brewing. The Milotic writhed a moment before launching a disgusting-looking glob of poison towards the Lapras. The Marine Knight watched Talia carefully, ready to give the command if Talia were to direct her Pokemon to use that move.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Soprano didn't even need a command, as she was very familiar with this move already. Talia's sister owned a Roselia, after all.
She made no effort to dodge, simply letting the blob collide with her body. The Transport Pokemon seemed to have a triumphant look on its face, even with the slight pain of the poison.
"Soprano, you know what to do!" Talia called. They'd done this a hundred times.
Soprano suddenly began glowing orange, as it used the move Facade. The aura was much stronger than usual, as Soprano was poisoned. The Pokemon launched forward, leaving a slight orange trail.

The moment Talia spoke to her Lapras, the Marine Knight quickly spoke to Tethys as well.
"Tethys, Protect!" The Marine Knight commanded. Four large pillars of water quickly erupted from in front of the Milotic, but instead of a large Thunder strike descending from the clouds above and being absorbed by the water shield, it was the Lapras itself that was blocked from attacking Tethys. Talia had instead opted to go with a different move, rather than using Thunder like the Marine Knight had expected her to. Still, the Protect had blocked the attack anyway.
"Follow up with a Dragon Pulse!" The Marine Knight commanded. Tethys' body became surround in a purple energy, and the Milotic fired a pulse of dragon energy from her mouth directly towards the Lapras.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
"Counter with Hydro Pump!"
The watery attack, boosted by the rain, flowed forward with power and elegance. It met the Dragon Pulse in the middle, creating a massive explosion and mostly destroying both moves. Some of the move did hit Soprano, however, causing her to wince in pain.
The Lapras took the opportunity to use Refresh before the smoke cleared, covering her body in a green light. The poison faded from her body, bringing her to health.
"Now, Soprano! Psychic!"
Through the faint bit of smoke that was left, Soprano's eyes glowed a piercing blue as the move fired. If it succeeded, the Milotic would be thrown to the left side of the arena.