• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon: Let's Go, Onwards! (Pokemon Anime/Let's Go! RP)

Everyone grows up eventually.
Let's Go, Onwards! is an alternate universe RP focused on a potential new season of the Pokemon Anime that returns to Kanto. We'll be following Ash as our main protagonist once again, but this Ash is actually 13 - yes, he's aged! Ash is 13 thanks to his adventures in Unova, Kalos and Alola, which will all be treated as canon during the RP with some crossover from the previous seasons - think of this as the DC: Rebirth of the Pokemon anime. Alongside Ash are Serena and Brock, who join him as he travels across the Kanto region once more. This new journey for a shot at the Kalos league brings with it several new challenges, such as revitalized gym leader battles, intense rivals, fierce contests and Team Rocket's expanded motives! It's time for Ash to revisit the Indigo League and truly prove he's the best there is.
Ash, Serena and Brock are the main characters in the RP, but that doesn't mean there aren't others as well! Namely the Team Rocket trio, as in Jesse, James and Meowth, return to a starring role during the RP. Other mainstays, such as Alain, Clemont and May will also pop up from time to time - let's call them Secondary Characters. There's also the Gym Leaders and Elite 4. All of these characters are available to be taken, and will be reoccuring! Only one member of the main trio may be taken per RPer, same with the Secondary Characters. Ash, Serena and Brock all have three main Pokemon with them already, but the other three catches are up to RPers' discretion. Team Rocket has free reign over their Pokemon. Each of the Gym Leaders will have teams similar to both their anime and game counterparts.
Main Characters
Ash Ketchum (Age 13) [Pokemon: Pikachu, ______, ______, ______, Charizard, Greninja/Ash-Greninja]: @Fraseandchico
Serena (Age 13) [Pokemon: Braixen, Pangoro, Sylveon, ______, ______, ______]: @Eeveechu151
Brock (Age 18 ): [Pokemon: Steelix, Croagunk, Crobat, ______, ______, ______]: @BlueMew392
Jessie (Age 28 ): @Rohan Kishibe
James (Age 28 ): @AnimeTail
Meowth: @Rohan Kishibe
Tracer: @~Aura~Slashz~

Gym Leaders
Forrest (Pewter City Gym):
Brock (Formerly Pewter City Gym): @BlueMew392
Flint (Formerly Pewter City Gym):
Misty (Cerulean City Gym): @Fraseandchico
Lieutenant Surge (Vermillion City Gym): @Rohan Kishibe
Erika (Celadon City Gym):
Koga (Fuchsia City Gym): @AnimeTail
Janine (Futurely Fuchsia City Gym):
Sabrina (Saffron City Gym): @BlueMew392
Blaine (Cinnabar City Gym): @Eeveechu151
Gary (Viridian City Gym): @BlueMew392
Giovanni (Formerly Viridian City Gym): @Eeveechu151

Secondary Characters
Professor Samuel Oak: @AnimeTail
Professor Augustine Sycamore: @Fraseandchico
Professor Kukui:
Professor Burnet:
Tracey Sketchit:
May: @BlueMew392
Max:
Dawn:
Lyta:
Iris:
Cilan:
Clemont: @Fraseandchico
Bonnie: @Fraseandchico
Lana:
Kiawe:
Lillie: @~Aura~Slashz~
Sophocles:
Mallow: @Eeveechu151
Alain: @Fraseandchico
Mairin:
Some original characters will be allowed for the sakes of things such as the Pokemon League, but be aware that any original characters created for the sake of the RP will not have a major role. Furthermore, OC inclusion will be sporadic and temporary.
When it comes to Mega Evolutions like with Alain's Mega Charizard and Brock's Mega Steelix, they’re not 100% needed for their characters and Stellar has said their RPers will have to fully elaborate on Mega potential on a case-by-case basis, just like any regular Mega situation. Just know that it shouldn't happen anyways during the early stages of the RP, it's why Ash will be getting his more powerful Pokemon back later - I'd like to try and power-scale appropriately if possible.
As for plot? I already have the basics for Team Rocket's plot figured out, but for the moment it will start off like any other season of the Pokemon anime. We'll talk about how the main group will meet up when people sign up.
But for the moment? Let's get to it! ONWARDS! (...see what I did there?)

Also, for reference, I'm looking for high-quality RPers for this. If your RPing fails to meet the quality I'm looking for, I'm afraid I'll have to reject you.
Just gonna tag @Godjacob, @Excalibur Queen and @Pro Hero Dekiru quickly, la-di-dah...

Last edited:
The tag line of this RP is that Ash has grown up a bit, being 13 and all, and carries with him the experience of the last three regions like he carries his experience from Unova to Kalos. And as such... Dream ship plus puberty = ROMANCE IS GO

The tag line of this RP is that Ash has grown up a bit, being 13 and all, and carries with him the experience of the last three regions like he carries his experience from Unova to Kalos. And as such... Dream ship plus puberty = ROMANCE IS GO
YES!!! Also after thinking about it, I guess I'll take Brock. I think I can pull him off.

*gasp* I just realize we can bring in Lyra as another secondary character! Since she was trying to be cupid-like in the anime. Of course it's just a suggestion.

Don't worry.
I am an Amourshipper who is rping as Ash, and Eeveechu is an amourshipper rping as Serena.
I swear if someone suggests pairing Clemont with any of the past companions, I will eat my pants-(JK)

Quick question: If Megas are approved for the characters that have them, would Alain have his?
I'm asking because he seemingly didn't have his key stone or the Charazardite X in the last few episodes of XYZ.

I talked with Stellar about that, actually. There's no guarantee Alain found another Mega Stone, and he's competent enough without it, so Alain won't be getting a Mega Stone. Brock only had one for the sake of convenience, and I wouldn't personally be allowing Brock to use it for a while even if he had it. So for the time being, no Megas.

To be fair, Alain's Charazard when mega-evolved is a tad overpowered, Y'know, since in the mega-evolution specials, it managed to defeat Mega Raquaza, as well as the Omega forms of Kyorgre and Groudon, all at once.

Those specials were weird. Then again, if it weren't for Chespie, not even one of Zygarde's cores would've escaped. Yea that was weird.

Sounds great! We'll name him whatever his canon name is in Let's Go!, which I can maybe inform you guys of tomorrow and definitely inform you guys of on Saturday. We'll start whenever we get Team Rocket's two humans filled out - Meowth can be mutually-controlled by both members. Mind tagging anyone you think might be interested?

Soooooooo
Imma just sit in this corner while wondering what Ash's other 3 pokémon will be.

I swear to god if someone suggests giving Ash a pokémon associated with love because amourshipping I will scream.