• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon Kingdoms Rules, Basics, and Character Creation Thread

(I am new here, and this is the first Pokemon RP that I've made)
This is not the actual RP thread, but this is the thread where you read the rules and basics, and learn how to make a character for this RP.
After you have read the rules and basics, click the link for the actual RP:
https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-kingdom-roleplay.17526/

Story and classes
Welcome to Pokémon Kingdoms, an RP that revolves around a world where only Pokémon exist. There are kingdoms based on each type. Each kingdom is directed by a strong Pokémon (e.g. Metagross), known as a ruler, and owned by legendaries/mythicals. Rulers can create laws (But they must be approved by the kingdom), make alliances, break alliances, and get overthrown. Weaker Pokémon (Such as first form starters) can be children or civilians, and go up in ranking (For example, guard, teacher, soldier, hunter, gatherer, espionage, or assassin) depending on situation (Including evolution). Kingdoms can go into conflict over situations (Like lack of resources, or territory being taken over), but can be negotiate or fight. Fights are directed by the ruler, and fought by the soldiers (Non-pseudo legendary/Non-Legendary Pokémon), and soldiers have sub-ranks, such as General. Builders construct buildings and reinforce defenses. Blacksmiths can make tools with minable resources. Food resources are gathered by hunters/gatherers. Miners (Such as Durant and Diglett), mine minerals and dig tunnels, which can be used by builders and blacksmiths. Rogues are lawbreakers in the kingdom, who have a goal to create chaos. Assassins (They have to be fast yet strong Pokémon), are assigned by the ruler to hunt down a specific target and eliminate them. The final force in the kingdom is espionage (Pokémon like Ditto or Zoroark), who gather information from opposing kingdoms during conflicts.

Rules

Basic RP rules:
1. No harassment. Cruelty creates a negative atmosphere. We don't want you to ruin people's lives.
2. No trolling. Disobeying the rules because you think it's funny is bad.
3. Nothing graphic. There could be kids here!
4. Follow the actual website rules. Most obvious rule out here.
5. Be respectful. People don't like harsh criticism, keep it constructive.
4. No rank begging. You must apply for a higher rank in the kingdom society. We don't give it out for free.
6. You need permission to be a shiny. I will permit it if you give me a good reason that you want to be shiny (e.g. "Bullied by others because [character] looks different")
7. No extreme bullying in RP. Some characters can be a bully, but don't take it to the extreme.
8. Romance is allowed. Just don't take it too far.
9. You have the right to choose kingdoms, as long as it has your type in it. Having a Grass type in a water kingdom is not allowed, unless it is Grass/Water.
10. No excessive or intense cursing. You are allowed to use low level profanity, but only to express yourself, and not in every sentence.
11. No self awareness. You cannot say in character something based on another character's descriptions. Keep anything out of character between parentheses.
12. Don't do actions for others (Autoing). You have your own character. You don't control the actions of the other characters.

Rules on characters:
1. No Mary Sues/Gary Stues. Most obvious rule in character design. Balance out your character, nobody wants the absolute perfect character of infinity.
2. Choose an existing Pokémon. This isn't a Fakémon RP. You can make a special variant, but only with my permission.
3. Make a complete character. Don't leave your character undone, you need a finished character to RP.
4. You may only use two characters at a time. As long as you do not use the other as a device. And remember, don't make them exact clones.
5. No powerplay. It ruins everyone's experience, and is incredibly unrealistic. This rule applies to legendaries as well.
6. Give your character a personality. Bland characters won't add any benefit to the roleplay.

Rules on legendaries/mythicals:
1. Legendaries/Mythicals must be appointed. We can't have everyone being Giratina.
2. One legendary per kingdom. Having too much legendaries would be unbalanced.
3. Legendaries can NOT show up in every situation to fix the problem. That would be extremely unfair to others, and would ruin the challenge.

Rules on rulers:
1. Don't be a tyrant. This rule is obvious. Nobody wants a ruler ruining their lives.
2. Don't whine if you get overthrown. If you were a bad ruler, you can be overthrown. Don't get salty over it.
3. Be modest. Even if you are a king/queen, you are no better, nor no worse than your kingdom.

Rules on civilians:
1. Obey the ruler. You must obey your ruler, but you have the right to create a vote to overthrow them. You may also go rogue, but you can be imprisoned by his/her guards.
2. Follow the kingdom laws. Rulers can create laws to organize the kingdom in their own way. You have freedom, but you still have to obey.
3. Do NOT randomly overthrow the ruler. It's cruel and unfair to people who I allowed to become leaders.

Rules on soldiers/guards:
1. When a conflict begins, you must prepare for battle. You are a loyal soldier/guard. You didn't become a soldier/guard for nothing.
2. You must be obedient. You have this job because you obeyed the ruler extremely. Without this trait, you cannot be a real soldier/guard.
3. Don't jail everyone. You can jail rogues and lawbreakers, but don't jail everyone.

Rules on teachers:
1. Your job is to educate the younger ones. You have to be fully committed to hone the future of your students.
2. Be the authority figure of the class. Direct the class and keep order over it. You have the rights to discipline bullies.

Rules on children:
1. Obey your parents and teachers. You obviously know this rule from life experiences.
2. Don't do actions beyond your age. You can't be a young child as a teacher.

Rules on Assassins:
1. Don't go out and hunt down everyone. Your ruler must assign you to hunt a specific character.

Rules on Hunters/Gatherers:
1. Be reliable. Your kingdom needs food. You have this job for a reason.

Rules on Espionage:
1. Spy only if your ruler approves. You can't go out spying on everyone without a reason or conflict.

Rules on Builders:
1. Construct upon the ruler's command. Because you need to build what is said to be needed.

Character Template

Before you start making characters, here is a template:
NOTES: Use attacks only from the Pokémon's actual movepool. You are also able to learn new attacks.

Basics:

Name
Nickname
Species
Rank
Kingdom

Physical:
Size
Weight
Color (ask for permission)
Shiny/Non shiny
Eye color

Abilities:
Attacks (attack1, attack2, attack3, attack4)
Skills

Mental:
Hobbies
Enjoys
Dislikes
Fears
Habits
Positive traits
Negative traits
Personality

Story:

Locations

Now that you have read all the rules (Sorry that you had to read through the long pile of rules), I will describe every location, and their abundances.

Steel Valley:
A massive valley, encrusted with minerals and abundant in iron. This valley was shaped by local steel type Pokémon that migrated to this area. Dialga founded a kingdom here.

Cloudy Peaks:
A peak so high in the sky, that it is hard to reach on foot. A population of flying Pokémon reside here to build their nests due to the high amount of living space. The flying type Pokémon followed the migration route that Tornadus once took to reach this location.

Molten Volcano:
An ancient volcano with heat high enough to melt even the hardest materials. Volcanic deposits are common here, and is still capable of erupting. Groudon still resides in the bottom of the volcano to this day.

Azure Ocean:
A vast, bright blue ocean that is home to many water type Pokémon. It is abundant in drinkable water and salt. Kyogre resides deep inside this ocean, creating a water flow.

Static Plains:
Wide plains with an extreme imbalance of electrons, which causes painful static shocks upon every step you take. This area is abundant in electrical power, which benefits the electric Pokémon living there. Electric types migrated to an area where Thundurus once resided and ended here.

Murky Tunnels:
A system of underground tunnels. Most Pokémon get lost in these tunnels, due to the massive amount of them. It is composed of dirt, that is easy to burrow for ground Pokémon. The tunnels were created by Pokémon, who abandoned the tunnels after Zygarde attacked.

Phantasmal Forest:
Dark woods overshadowed with the mass amount of leaves. The darkness of the forest attracted ghost Pokémon. This forest is abundant with plants that are unable to grow in light places. There is a shrine that works as a portal to the Distortion World, where Giratina resides.

Frigid Fields:
A frozen kingdom located further to the south than all the other kingdoms. The abundance in ice and snow makes construction materials unnecessary. Thanks to Kyurem, this area will stay frosted forever.

Fairy Glen:
A valley so narrow, that only fairies can enter. The magic energy is flowing everywhere, making it easy for fairy Pokémon to live here. Xerneas provides positive energy and healing for the valley.

Quaint Kingdom:
A kingdom of normal types. Many living materials are common in this area, making life easy. Even though the Pokémon residing here are simple, they are blessed regularly by Arceus.

Fighting Village:
On the outskirts of Quaint Kingdom, there is a village filled with the most fierce fighters who were taught ever since birth. The village has many traditions and trials, but the Pokémon living there gain power and nobility thanks to the system of living. Their fighting system was taught by Cobalion.

Vast Grasslands:
A large grassland, full of natural beauty. Many healing herbs and edible roots grow here, which made it a popular spot for trading. The kingdom relies on Celebi for the vegetation to stay fresh.

Dark Dungeons:
A deep system of dungeons, where the worst rule breakers were punished. After the dungeons were abandoned, dark types moved in. Yveltal's dark presence fills every corridor of this disturbing place.

Misty Moor:
A moor surrounded with a veil of magical energy. Psychic Pokémon meditate here to gain energy. In the highest point of this moor resides Mewtwo, who is still meditating.

Rock Range:
A range of bumpy, rocky hills and mountains, where rock types reside and build caves. These hills provide great defense due to their firmness. Deep in the rocky caverns, lives the ruler of this kingdom, Diancie.

Green Grove:
A very green, grassy grove that creates a great environment for bug type Pokémon. There are many nutritious berry trees that grow in this kingdom, creating an amazing food source. The kingdom looks up to Genesect.

Toxic Bog:
A bog filled with extremely polluted waters, creating an atmosphere where poison Pokémon gain strength. The poison types live in social groups, and have a ruler, but no legendary founder.

Dragon Den:
A magical location on an island so foggy, that it looks like an illusion. Dragon type Pokémon reside here, due to the easy terrain for living. It is said that Rayquaza watches over this magical place.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Last edited:
Yeah before I make a character, can I ask something about the ranking? You currently have three ranks soldier, guard and teacher but in every Kingdom there is so much more, like espionages, hunters, assassins, etc. Is your ranking going stay in three selection or will you allow other kind of ranks but the different ranks will be 'rogue' Pokémons? Sorry if it doesn't make any sense.

Yeah before I make a character, can I ask something about the ranking? You currently have three ranks soldier, guard and teacher but in every Kingdom there is so much more, like espionages, hunters, assassins, etc. Is your ranking going stay in three selection or will you allow other kind of ranks but the different ranks will be 'rogue' Pokémons? Sorry if it doesn't make any sense.
Added that, thanks for the suggestion!

Alright I'm kind of confused about some of the physical traits. What do you mean about color? Isn't a Pokémon has its own color theme depending on its species and the only ones that had colors are shiny Pokémon, that goes the same to their eyes or is it something you had in mind to make things more interesting. Also the Kingdoms, are they the one that was listed in the locations or some players will have to make the Kingdoms? The age as well, by that do you mean there level, like in the games? Because your also categorizing children Pokémon so that means they will learn specific moves by 'aging' and technically Pokémon aged differently by humans by my hypothesis they age through experience not by year.

In the abilities, is the attack movepools also have a limit by four or my character can learn more and exceed the four moves? And by skill do you mean their ability or there talent?

Plus the reason why one should be a shiny are we going to write the reason on the template or do it separately?

Sorry about the sudden question bomb I'm just quite curious about it. And I'm afraid there will be more of question bombs in the future.

"Alright I'm kind of confused about some of the physical traits. What do you mean about color? Isn't a Pokémon has its own color theme depending on its species and the only ones that had colors are shiny Pokémon, that goes the same to their eyes or is it something you had in mind to make things more interesting."
Yes, Pokémon have their own color themes, but I felt that it would be interesting if somebody could differ from the color scheme (Sorta like the alternate coloration in the anime, such as Butterfree in the Orange Islands).

"Also the Kingdoms, are they the one that was listed in the locations or some players will have to make the Kingdoms? The age as well, by that do you mean there level, like in the games? Because your also categorizing children Pokémon so that means they will learn specific moves by 'aging' and technically Pokémon aged differently by humans by my hypothesis they age through experience not by year."
The kingdoms are the ones listed in the locations, but you are free to extend the kingdoms in RP. And age works in this exactly like your hypothesis in this RP.

"In the abilities, is the attack movepools also have a limit by four or my character can learn more and exceed the four moves? And by skill do you mean their ability or there talent?"
So first, movepools are moves that can be learned by the species of Pokémon. Movesets are the four moves. And I'll keep the moves at the four move limit, but you are free to learn new moves, as long as it stays in the Pokémon's movepool and happens at the right time.

"Plus the reason why one should be a shiny are we going to write the reason on the template or do it separately?"
Separately.

"Sorry about the sudden question bomb I'm just quite curious about it. And I'm afraid there will be more of question bombs in the future"
I have 0 issues with question bombing. Answering questions helps understanding. Feel free to ask more questions!.

Well I do have a few more. If you only allow us to have one character each but some of the ranks needed some sort of a partner but we're short on players, don't you think it'll be best to allow us to have two characters to play? And how will the 'children' evolve and there families, will we have to make NPCs as parents and siblings?

Well I do have a few more. If you only allow us to have one character each but some of the ranks needed some sort of a partner but we're short on players, don't you think it'll be best to allow us to have two characters to play? And how will the 'children' evolve and there families, will we have to make NPCs as parents and siblings?
You do have a point there. I'll make exceptions.

Why she’s shiny:

Chara’s parents were originally the heirs of the clan until there execution. Due to the fear and hatred towards the clan she run away from it and find solitude in the Vast Grasslands. There clan were widely known for having Shiny Pokémon leaders, and sometimes were picked because of their offsprings appearance, like Chara who have the eyes of a Decidueye even though she’s still a Rowlet

Name: Spooky
Nickname: None
Species: Mimikyu
Kingdom: Phantasmal Forest
Size: 0'08"
Weight: 1.5 lbs.
Ability: Disguise
Moves: Shadow claw, Wood hammer, Fariy wind and Shadow sneak
Skills: None
Hobbies: Collecting rocks
Dislikes: Being alone
Fears: Being alone and Bug types
Personality: Shy but nice
Positive traits: Happy a lot
Negative traits: Get's shy easily

I hope this is good...it took a long time to make.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
I have read the first post and this does look like an interesting concept. I must ask a few things. First of all, can one apply to be a ruler of the kingdom? You say with the legendary pokemon that they 'once' recieded there for a few of them. To confirm, they died/disappeared and they do not rule the current kingdom right?

I have read the first post and this does look like an interesting concept. I must ask a few things. First of all, can one apply to be a ruler of the kingdom? You say with the legendary pokemon that they 'once' recieded there for a few of them. To confirm, they died/disappeared and they do not rule the current kingdom right?
Yes, one can apply to be a ruler, but a good reason must be given. Responsibility is the main key for applying.
The legendaries didn't die, nor disappear, yet they don't directly live in the kingdom. And yes, they don't rule over the kingdom unless required by certain circumstances (Such as loss of ruler, or ruler needing direction). They watch over it and come in times of need.

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Yes, one can apply to be a ruler, but a good reason must be given. Responsibility is the main key for applying.
The legendaries didn't die, nor disappear, yet they don't directly live in the kingdom. And yes, they don't rule over the kingdom unless required by certain circumstances (Such as loss of ruler, or ruler needing direction). They watch over it and come in times of need.
Understood. Thanks.

Name: Rivulet
Nickname: Riv
Species: Leafeon
Kingdom: Vast Grasslands

Weight: 56.2 lbs
Height: 3'3"
Color: Regular Leafeon
Shiny/Non shiny: Non-Shiny
Eye color: Sea Blue

Ability: Chlorophyll
Attacks: Sunny Day, Synthesis, Leaf Blade, Solarbeam
Skills: Has a knack for sales

Hobbies: Gathers and trades at the market
Enjoys: Sun, Grass, Trees, Streams
Dislikes: Dark things, Foreigners, Pessimists
Fears: Invasion, Extinction, Tyranny
Habits: Flicks his tail at things he doesn't like
Positive traits: Is kind, enjoys company
Negative traits: Not very athletic
Personality: Riv is very kind and fun to be around. He enjoys trading and is an extrovert.

Bro. This took forever to make.