• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: Kanto OC Roleplay

11mitsukii

Previously Pokémon Trainer Mitsuki
Meinfoo payed more attention to the Oddish last second, but by them it was too late. Meinfoo could feel his energy being absorbed by the Pokémon, and he fell more weak. “Oh no! Pidgeotto, try helping Meinfoo out with Gust!” Pidgeotto flew back up into the air and began flapping her wings in the direction of the Oddish. Brielle hopes to stop the Oddish from attacking too critically, and her main goal was that.

(You can decide if Oddish gets caught up in the winds or not, but it’ll make more sense if Oddish did. I also forgot to mention that the attack was centered toward Larvitar. Crap.)

The Oddish gained a bit of health from Absorb but it wasn't enough to help him withstand the super-effective move. The Oddish fainted. He returned the Oddish to the pokeball. "You have done well. I will buy you something nice later." He promised and then turned to Nathan. "I am counting on you. Sorry, we couldn't be more useful."

Roselia saw one of the trainers throw a Pokéball towards her and immediately closed her eyes shut as she thought the ball would hit her. Luckily that wasn't the case as a barrier shielded Roselia and knocked the ball, indicating that she belonged to another trainer. The grass-type opened her eyes and sighed in relief. She then got out of the bush, back to her side, and ran off to find Robert while carrying some Pecha Berries.

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
"Larvitar, are you sure you can beat two Pokemon?" The Larvitar nodded, filled with determination. "Alright! Rock Slide! And... try not to miss this time." Larvitar concentrated, and threw some more rocks, this time faster and bigger (somehow). The attack hit both of the Pokemon. "Good job Larvitar!" Nathan cheered for his Pokemon. This made Larvitar happy and he turned and smiled to his trainer. This made a good opportunity for the other Pokemon to attack. "Larvitar, watch out!"

11mitsukii

(Please don’t hit my Pokémon without my permission first. Also, by now we should decide who wins ahead of time.)

Meinfoo was hit again by another strike, and was near fainting. “Hold on for a little longer, Meinfoo! Pidgeotto, get the Larvitar’s attention by pretending to use peck! While it’s distracted, go in for Drain Punch, Meinfoo!” Pidgeotto nodded and made it look like she was about to smash her beak into the other Pokémon. Meinfoo after surprisingly quickly and use Drain Punch on the Pokémon while it was about to block Pidgeotto’s decoy.

(You decide if it hits or not, but again, it’d be a tad more reasonable if it did hit because of the decoy.)

Last edited:
Name: Michael (Known to his friends and family as Mikey)

Appearance: Michael is 6’0” tall, 165 lbs of wiry muscle. He has light brown hair cut quite short and generally mussy. His skin is pale (like Scandinavians in the real world), with blue eyes. He wears a muscle shirt, hand and foot wraps and Thai-style shorts in warm weather. In colder weather, he dons a sweatshirt, warm work pants, boots and some warm gloves.

Personality: In spite of a rough upbringing full of hard work and training in the martial arts, Michael is a somewhat shy but friendly sort. He’s willing to joke with a passerby and does not hesitate to help those in need. He’s very protective of his friends, especially those he believes to be weaker or less mature than himself, a trait acquired from being a third parent to his eight siblings.

Team: Conkeldurr, Krokorok, Carbink

# Badges: 4 (3 from Kalos, 1 from Kanto)

He grew up in mountainous Kalos, working in Snowbelle city in construction. His father sent him to Kanto for a fresh start with money that he’d been saving since Michael was born.

Starter: Michael placed the Thunder Badge into his badge case as he blinked groggily in the Pokemon center of Vermillion City. The battle for the Thunder Badge had been won thanks to crucial help from Krokorok, who had been justly rewarded with affection and food. They’d just been taking a well-deserved rest but Michael had awoken and his Pokemon did so shortly thereafter.

After receiving information from Nurse Joy that another gym was present in Celadon City, Michael recalled Krokorok and Carbink, and with his longtime companion Conkeldurr, he set out into the woods. The woods were alive with Pokemon, most of which were not foolish enough to mess with Conkeldurr. Most he was not interested in, none he felt like catching. It had been a while since he’d seen anything of note, when he heard a girl yell something off in the distance, followed by barking of some pokemon. He nodded to Conkeldurr and the two both rushed through the woods in the rough direction of the shout. Their rush toward potential danger was interrupted as a black, quadrupedal shape bolted out of the undergrowth and towards Michael and Conkeldurr. He was caught flat-footed but Conkeldurr was not. It stepped in front of him and slammed its pillars into the earth, adopting its usual fighting stance. The oncoming Pokemon yelped in surprise and barely avoided running headlong into a large chunk of concrete by leaping aside and scurrying into the undergrowth beyond. He turned back to the task at hand: someone might be in trouble. He pushed through another bush and saw a girl with jet-black hair with an Ivysaur, looking somewhat shaken. He called out “Hey, are you alright?” as Conkeldurr plodded out, its concrete pillars at ease on its back.

(OC: Hopefully this works for an introduction. I assume the voice calling out to Koharu is fair game for any of us to pick up. If it’s not I’ll rewrite my intro where necessary)

11mitsukii

Koharu looked and saw a guy with light brown hair and a Conkeldurr by his side. Ivysaur was spooked by the sight of a much larger, more powerful Pokémon and stepped back. “Yes. I’m okay,” Koharu looked at the Conkeldurr. “That Pokémon doesn't seem like it’s from Kanto, where is it from if not?” Koharu’s eyes glittered with interest to the guy’s partner.

(Thanks for jumping in! Sorry if my reply is a bit short, I’m tired and it’s late where I live.)

Michael replied to the girl’s inquiry “This here’s Conkeldurr. You won’t find him here, but I’m from Kalos, where my dad caught a Timburr a long time ago and gifted it to me when I was little boy.” Conkeldurr gently set its pillars down and resumed leaning on them, seeing as there was no longer any need to run headlong through the woods. “We heard a scream and we thought you might be in trouble. But you and your partner seem to be able to handle yourselves.” He paused, looked around and said “So uh, what are you up to? I beat the Vermillion Gym recently and I’m en route to the next, but I’m kinda new to Kanto, so I don’t really know the way.” Michael chuckles nervously at himself and cuts in once more “Name’s Michael by the way. What’s your name, and who’s your partner, I don’t recognize it?”

Name: Max Terra

Appearance : 5'9", short brown hair that is kinda messy. His skin is in-between white and tan, he also has brown eyes. Most of the time he wears a red jacket with a hat, (The hat is actually Trainer Red merchandise) but when it gets hot he wears a Red/Blue/Green t-shirt with black shorts.

Pokémon Team: Charmeleon (Level 35) , Pikachu (Level 32) , Nidoking (Level 34)

# of Badges: 4 (Bolder Badge, Cascade Badge, Thunder Badge, and Soul Badge)

Hometown: Pallet Town, Kanto

Starter: Charmander

INTRO
------

(10 Minutes Ago)
As Max placed his Soul Badge into his badge case, he decided that he would finally use the S.S. Ticket he received after defeating Misty. She said that she didn't intend on using them and thought that he was deserving. He decided to allow all 3 of his Pokemon stretch their legs. Pikachu seemed very excited to see Charmeleon again. (Pikachu and Charmander had bonded in a double battle against Brock) On his way towards Vermillion he heard a scream the distance. He ran into the forest with all 3 Pokemon by his side. As he got closer he realized that somebody had already met the culprit of the scream. He decided to walk out of the bushes anyway.

"Hello." Max said looking at the two of them. Max was very surprised to see Pokemon from the Unova region in Kanto.

____
END

You two can respond in any way you like! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
After Larvitar got hit by the strong attack, he got knocked into a tree and hit his head. Nathan ran up to him. "Larvitar! Are you okay?" He held Larvitar up. Larvitar looked really tired and another attack could seriously harm him. Nathan turned to Brielle. "Well, I forfeit. This was fun. Maybe we can have a rematch sometime... Oh, and here's your prize!" He gave her two Super Potions. "You can use these to heal your Pokemon." He headed back to the Pokemon Center, and healed his team. He got Larvitar out of his Pokeball, and gave a Rare Candy to him. "You did a great job out there. You deserve this." Larvitar happily ate the candy. "We should train more before we take on the Gym Leader. It seems I'm not as strong as I thought." He went back to the woods, and looked around for another trainer who could want to battle. While he was walking, a Vulpix jumped in front of him. Nathan thought about catching it. "Well, I haven't got a fire type, nor a Pokemon native to Kanto..." He chucked a Quick Ball to the Pokemon. Vulpix broke out and started running away. "H-hey! Where are you going?" He started chasing after the tiny Pokemon.

Last edited:
After Kent had his Oddish healed at the Pikemon Centre, he continued his journey to beat the eight gyms. He went to Vermilion Gym to challenge Lt. Surge.

Lt. Surge's first pokemon was Magnemite. It was defeated easily by Kent's Ponyta. Lt. Surge's Raichu turned the table, using Thunder Wave to paralyze the Ponyta. In the end, the victory was Kent and his Oddish after the Oddish just spammed Absorb after she put the Raichu to sleep with Sleep Powder.

"That was a dirty move." Lt. Surge said, as he handed Kent the badge "I like it, kid!"

After that he healed his pokemon once again and headed North, towards Saffron City.

11mitsukii

Brielle waved and said “Thank you!” before Nathan walked away. Brielle turned to Lucario, who was clapping in the sideline. Brielle smiled, and said, “Let’s go, Lucario!” Brielle and Lucario walked through the woods until they reached the entrance/exit of the woods. They went back to the Pokémon Center to heal and check out of their room. Lucario and Brielle walked to the next town, hoping for new challenges and gym badges.

pluveon

Previously DreamyVictini
(Okay, I'm rewriting this whole paragraph.)

While Nathan was running, but then he hit a branch, tripped, and fell over. Vulpix quickly ran away. Nathan got up, still holding his head. He let his Pokemon out of their Pokeballs, and said "I couldn't catch it." quietly. He sat next to a tree, and gave his Pokemon some Berries. He didn't know that Vulpix was watching from behind the tree. Seeing how nice this trainer was to his Pokemon, it slowly sneaked into Nathans bag, and touched a Pokeball. (I have some sort of backstory for Vulpix, but it might be too cliche.) Nathan didn't notice this. He got his bag, and started walking back to Vermillion, still disappointed. Vulpix decided that she should show herself to Nathan. She got out of her Pokeball (like the anime), and jumped into the Trainers arms. Nathan looked at the Vulpix. He didn't understand why Vulpix suddenly changed her mind. They stared at each other for a while, but then Vulpix suddenly hugged Nathan. They went back to Vermillion Pokecenter, and booked a room.

Last edited:
Michael was awaiting the young girl's response when another individual entered the area. A boy somewhat younger than himself, with three Kanto Pokemon in tow. "Hey" Michael replied "You heard the scream too? Well thankfully she's alright. But as long as we've all met here, hows about we all take a break and get to know each other?"
He nodded to Conkeldurr and his trusty companion slammed its pillars into the earth. He let out Carbink and Krokorok and began to hand out small rations of Pokemon food.

Name: Caleb
Appearance: Wears a black cloak that disguises his face. Wears deep black jeans and a plain, gray t-shirt. Has a limp in his left leg.

Pokémon Team: Venusaur, Arcanine, Golduck, Dragonite, Jolteon, and Golem
# of Badges: 8
Hometown: Seafolk Village

Starter: Bulbasaur

He trust nobody but his Pokemon, which he has close bonds with.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
They meet a mysterious guy in the forest with all his Pokemon (see abobve) out of their balls. "Sup fam" he said in a mono toned voice. "CALEB" yelled Micheal. A group of Murkrow in a nearby tree flew away. "You know this guy" the other people asked. "Yes, he is my role model" said Micheal excitedly. "Did you guys here the scream, too" asked Micheal. "Yep," he said in his monotone voice again "I went looking for her but got stuck here" pointing at a big black gate in the middle of the forest with a big mansion in the background. "Welcome to Gengar mansion" he said with a slight chuckle. "Micheal we need that Sandile to get though." "Uhmmm" Micheal said acting very disappointed "it evolved." "Even better, we need that Krokorok to get to the scream" Caleb said a slight indication of congratulations. They all got on top of Dragonite and flew over. Caleb put all his Pokemon in there balls except for Arcanine so he can ride on it. As that happened someone screamed again and every creeper than before. "Crap," Caleb said concerned "it`s not a person"

Last edited: