• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon in Real Life. Good or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just say some crazy scientist suddently started bringing pokemon to life in this world, the real world. Some may rejoice and stuff, but will all the wars and bad crappy things going on, it might be a bad thing. Sure, they can be used for good (water pokemon fighting against fires and stuff) but the same can be done for bad things as well. ( terrorism and crap).

So, I started this topic. (hopefully no one else has already. Sorry if they did. >_

You know, if I had a pokemon in real life, it would be freakin awesome.

About the war thing, they had a Penny Arcade comic once with a giant Dialga behind these tanks. I picture that. If some scientist invented the pokemon, I would give him a big hug. I mean, I would picture various things happening, Squirtle's with sunglasses working for the firefighters, and there would be a bunch of Ash Ketchum's.

But who would be the Nurse Joy, and the Professor Oak? And would they make fossils of pokemon? If so, who would ressurect(Sp?) them?

Don't forget that if Pokemon were to appear here, they'd run riot in the wild. Animals we have natively would die out because of the competition for food and habitat. Afterall, how is a blackbird meant to fight back against a Pidgeot? Or a natural fish meant to compete with Gyrados and Huntails Many of our species, especially endangered ones, would vanish from the wild. Empoleons and Piplups would destroy penguin numbers and things like tigers and lions wouldn't stand a chance against Arcanines and Luxrays. It'd be more dangerous for young children in subhurban and country areas, as wild Pokemon would be more common since those areas have "tall grass". And knowing some parents, they wouldn't be allowed their own for protection (even if they are ten or over).

Also, as stated before, is how people choose to use them. We've all seen the evil teams in Pokemon! Team Magma and Aqua would want to abuse legendary power for their own excuses, while Team Galaxy tried to destroy the whole world to rebuild it. Team Rocket carried out reckless genetic research to create the ultimate weapon, then said weapon escaped and wanted to cause chaos...*cough*Mewtwo*cough*. Imagine how gangs, world leaders and militaries will choose to use such powerful creatures. Plus, let's look at all the morons who'd try to catch the legendary Pokemon, forgetting that they are effectively endangered species.

There would be positives to having Pokemon in our world, but we lack the technology to tame them and the common sense needed to even encounter the rarer species without endangering ourselves. So, we're not ready for them...that's my opinion anyway.

I do not believe for a second that pokemon are or will be real (I have seen a website stating that they believe ipokemon is real...). Before we can even have the technology to put animals in small balls that will nurture and teach them, we would have something like that for our selves. But since the topic is about "what if", then I will send you my opinion

1. Snuffing animals in small balls to fight each other will just have animal activist (and me, though I am not a animal activist) jumping all over it.

2. War... will most likely have a resident evil side effect if we are trying to make a killing bio creature. Not in a sense of a virus, more of a Nemesis or Mr. X who can not be controlled. Like the Tyrant.

3. Kids will not save the world with a mouse who can shoot static electricity. Sorry.

4. Our ecosystem will be changed in a major way, and change is normally bad >.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Depends on how you look at it.

Okay, so I personally think it's both good and bad. On one hand, I can see people having better "guard dogs", more company, and Pokemon helping the community (Squirtle Squad Firefighters, anyone?). On the other hand, I can also see it as a way for kids to start battling each other and having no care for their Pokemon, and for those who have only regular animals and no Pokemon to try "evolving" them and all that other Pokemon nonsense, plus theives and stuff can use them for their own greedy needs/wants. Hrm.

I'm more against than for it, even though I love Pokemon a lot. Why? Well, even though playing the Pokemon games are fun, watching the Anime is okay, and the creatures themselves are awesome, I don't want to see Pokemon roaming around in the real world. For all we know, the people who are biking or walking home to or from school can suddenly get shocked by some wild Pikachu and then forced to get CPR or something. Also, someone can use, say, Sableye or some other Ghost or Dark Pokemon to take our preciousssss away from us. Then, there's the little kids thing. I know that most people who know how to think logically would be using Pokemon in a good, or at least okay way (Charmander to help cooking, I suppose, or Roselia to help attract bugs to pollinate), but for those little kids who only rely on the Pokemon animes... well, they might start trying to "capture" Pokemon in little toy balls, and they can end up hurting themselves, the Pokemon, both of them and/or others. And even if they do befriend a Pokemon, they may still abuse it. "Ponyta, Flamethrower on my teacher, Mrs. Finn!" Yeah, plus they might harm the Pokemon by pushing it too far.

Then there's the reality thing. Is it really going to be possible to make creatures that can shoot electricity from their fur/cheek pouches? Would we really be able to create "animals" that can, say, shoot vines from his/her/it's back, or shoot psychic waves at people? Also, there's the Pokeball factor. Is it really possible to make capsules or whatever and capture creatures in the form as energy, and then release them, whole and well? If we don't have Pokeballs, I'm pretty sure most of the Pokemon are going to run free, become wild, and start harming innocent people by toasting them or scratching them up or something.

There's also one last factor: greed. It's human nature to want, really. I think it'll be pretty hard to befriend a Pokemon in real life, no matter what the Anime says. So, if someone was lucky enough to befriend a Pokemon, others might get envious or whatever and want that "tame" Pokemon. Then they start fighting. If this was the President or whoever important we were talking about, war can erupt, and many would die just for a single Pokemon.

Seriously, even though having Pokemon in real life would be interesting or whatever, I'd rather if the world stayed as it is without Pokemon. Yes, even though Pokemon might help us, I think Pokemon would harm us more than help us.

I'm going to have to agree with Shiny_Eevee.

If given a choice to let Pokemon in the real world as it is now, I would have to say absolutely not. The thought of what some people would do with Pokemon is frightning. There could be anything from people using Pokemon to inflict inhumane torture on people to using them in terrorist attacks. I don't care what the anime says: I don't think people would survive if they were Thunderbolted or Flamethrowered by a powerful Pokemon.

As for nature; Pokemon would throw everything off. Every animal save for cockroaches would probably become extinct. Pokemon are more powerful but more importantly they are smarter than real world animals. We would lose plenty with the loss of these animals.

But the thing that would scare me most is the ignorance of people. You would have some thinking that Pokemon are evil and would attempt to destroy them. I know that would happen because during the Salem Witch trials, black cats were burned alive just like the "witches" because they were seen as evil.

Basically Pokemon are where they belong. We have enough problems in this world without worrying what people would do with Pokemon. Pokemon will never be real; but if they were, it just couldn't be in this lifetime.

Edit: Good grief I need to proofread! I rush so much to finish what I want to say that there are typos everywhere!

*nods with Carmen and Shiny Eevee*

The only way to justify Pokemon in our lives, is if we somehow ended up blasting into the Pokemon World where they naturally occur, where all the technology is available and people treat Pokemon as equals (for the most part). Otherwise we have to achknowledge the general ignorance and greed of the masses.

I agree with Shiny_Eevee on this, especially with the whole "reality issue". How would creatures like Drapion or Yanmega be able to live in this era? Giant arthropods haven't been seen alive for about 300 million years (possibly due to a drop in the oxygen content in the atmosphere).

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Explain the Zerg in the same breath then, or any other oversized sci-fi arthropod-like aliens.

The primary issue with arthropod gigantism on the planet earth is indeed their less effective method of processing oxygen as compared to most Chordata (in other words, vertebrates). However, just because bug-types -resemble- terran arthropods (and may support heavy chitinous plating) doesn't mean they necessarily have the exact same type of respiratory/circulatory system. For all we know, larger bug types might have some form of an endoskeleton along with their exoskeleton, and actual lungs.

So much for your complaint. Now for the other reality issues addressed by Shiny. Humanity will never be able to create an actual functional Pok

...Even thought I didnt understand a single word from your first paragraph, the rest that I did understand made alot of sense. All of you made alot of good points, and Im actually quite surprised by the results of the replies. I was expecting a few from noobs saying 'POkemon in real life! YEAH!' or something, but I didnt seem to get a single one. O_o

I agree with all of you, this world is just not ready (doubt it will ever be) for real pokemon, bioligicly, technoligy wise, and humanely. We as humas are just too greedy and dangerous to have something, especially a living thing, with so much power that we can abuse and exploit. In fact, if Pokemon where to suddently appear in real life, I have no problem seeing the end of humanity all together. The pokemon would obviously be ontop of the food chain, and who's to stop the psychic types, who are definetly smarter than us, to replace us?

it would be cool
to have your own little pokemon on your lap or stadning beside you.
you would never be alone.
i would be one of the people that would probably not put my pokemon back in the ball after being caught ^^.
and about the wars well of course anything new in our days has the chance of being used for war, well most things.

but sadly humans being humas i think we will never be ready for them because most of us would exploit them one way or a nother.
and the pokemon would probably end up hatin humas and "POP" humans all gone ^^

Well, ignoring the obvious war over control, there are also more problems.

Big game hunters would catch them and hunt them for fun.
Psychos would start worshipping them, claiming they are the incarnation of Jesus, Muhammad, etc.
Thieves could use ghosts, darks, and psychics for theivery. Or murder.
Classification would be difficult, due to some psychic, fighting, and ghosts behaving with human like intelligence.
Do they deserve human rights or are they simply animals?
Would the pokemon simply wipe out other animal species with their power, causing a huge shift in the balance?
Doctors would be stumped on how to treat them, leading to a large amount of trial and error.
How would we determine who owns what, both on a national and recreational level?

Though this could stop a bunch of environmental problems. Electric pokemon could power cities, ice pokemon could counter global warming, and psychic pokemon could track down criminals.

They would be cool, as long as its one per person, although, I don't see that happening. Unless some weird thing of fate somehow chooses the right Pokemon for anyone 10 or over...I dunno. As long as somehow everyone is nice to 'em and not trying to shove 'em in balls and trying to make 'em fight.......it'll be all right. I guess. If the Pokemon is helping with work, although not doing too much....like a Torchic or Chimchar helping you cook your ramen outdoors......wait.....LOL

Anyways, know the cons of having Pokemon in real life. We simply don't have the technology (medical, etc.) Plus we don't know if Pokemon in Real World will have the same battling spirit as they do in PokeWorld, even if Scientist tried there damnest to give it to 'em while creating. Plus the only things the real world have in relation to the Pokeworld are humans and the Snake-Mongoose (Seviper-Zangoose) nemises (sp?)Plus Terrorists would use different -Types to hijack plans and such.....and all the cons all the other posters have listed.

Anyhow, like I was saying, Real World Poke-mans would be cool, if it were like the anime...sadly, we have jerks who would mistreat them, Religious freaks who would want them dead because they say "It's the devil's work!!!" (Thank God my gramma doesn't think that....she know's it's a show.) Unfortunatly, the closest we're gonna get to real Pokemon w/o wars and whatnot is Pokemon PlushToys and toys and et cetera.

I'm surprised at the length of the posts in here. I expected more "lol my pikachu would thundershock my stupid little brother" posts.

Even if we suppose that little fire-breathing lizards and jeweled starfish were running around wild, there's no guarantee they'd choke out native populations or adapt well. While there are many bright-colored species out there, the majority of animals have colors or patterns that will camouflage them. How will a white-and-pink Zangoose sneak up on a rabbit? Wouldn't the partridge chilling over there spot a Weavile's magenta headdress? How is a Monferno ever going to avoid predators if it has a blue face and a flaming tail? Where is a 1-ton blue eating machine supposed to live? The appeal of Pokemon is that they're fantasy animals; they may be loosely based on real-life creatures, but they replace the mundane, survival-oriented stuff with hadokens and lasers.

As for the "10 years olds embark on journeys" thing, that's completely unrealistic. If everyone's education terminated at ten because they had a totally awesome Eevee, we'd have no skilled workers whatsoever. On one hand, we have another decade or so of schoolwork, so that you can end up as a market analyst/landscaper/obstetrician/Burger King cashier. On the other, we have action-packed battles with your magic dinosaur at your side. Which would you pick? XD

I've been thinking about this for a while too, and I occasionally pass time by pretending a Zigzagoon is running around in my yard. My opinion is that war would NOT be a problem, because Pokemon have NEVER been known to attack people (except Team Rocket lol). But I have to agree with the fact that native wildlife would be "overrun". Still, it would be nice for me to be surrounded by Flygons all the time. The Government would also be a problem. They would never approve. They would probably strand them all in some kind of indestructable glass bubble and kill them... Wich would be far too cruel to watch. Personally, I think Pokemon in real life would be AWESOME. Not to mention the satisfaction of all the bullies changing sides and becoming the bullied (that sounded mean :-\). Overall, I would LOVE Pokemon being real. By the way, a HUGE cheer for shiny eevee about the Squirtle firefighters!

i think pokemon would destroy the civilized world. if dinosaurs still existed, people would die like crazy with them rampaging all over the place. You'd spend the rest of your short life running for a safe place to hide. and if we got pokemon under human control, we would just end up using them in wars and killing everything. so in a nutshell, we die with huge pokemon in our real life. but cute, little pokemon would be so awesome. pokemon contests in real life would be a good hobby.

Ok don't think i'm crazy but I think they already exist. First off the creator of Pokemon and I have something in common we both imagine made up creatures.(I'm not crazy or coping Pokemon!!! The first of my creatures I saw was back in 1997 before Pokemon came to America.) now i'm rambling. I believe that earth is not the only planet with life. So my thoughts is that someone gave a few people powers to see other planets. But to have all creatures from different planets on one would cause horrible things so we are all separated. To wrap things up Pokemon could be real already but to have Pokemon on earth would one help us with daily tasks and wars but hut us if use by criminals or if they ran wild like if Rayquaza went after the capitals of the world. Heh I think my comment will make ya think!

I think everyone is being way to Serious, I think of this as a good thing.
While they would be probably used in wars (Lt. Surge) I'd like to not ruin the idea and think of the brighter side, they would have pokemon Academy's which I think would be really great. It'd be a good way to make money, and if you remember, most Pokemon are rather shy or avoid humans so It isn't like we'd get destroyed, If legendaries existed they would be the ones that keep our planet going, Ray is said to fly through the Ozone layer and never lands. Kyougre and Groudon would probably keep our weather in check.

If our ecosystem was wiped out and replaced with pokemon, that would not bother me in all honesty. Everyone is worrying about psychic pokemon over powering us, well in the show who's ever seen a Level 100 Wild Alakazam?

I think it would be an interesting life, I my self would walk the planet for my Dratini or bagon knowing what they would someday become.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
They may be shy, but mankind's corruption would soon shatter that. Look at what people do to animals - wild animals pretty much all fear us, pokemon probably would end up that way too, only they'd have the power to really fight back (Though if animals ever decided enough was enough I'm pretty sure they'd kick our butts)

It would be an interesting life with Pokemon, but serious or not, it just wouldn't work.

Ok don't think i'm crazy but I think they already exist. First off the creator of Pokemon and I have something in common we both imagine made up creatures.(I'm not crazy or coping Pokemon!!! The first of my creatures I saw was back in 1997 before Pokemon came to America.) now i'm rambling. I believe that earth is not the only planet with life. So my thoughts is that someone gave a few people powers to see other planets. But to have all creatures from different planets on one would cause horrible things so we are all separated. To wrap things up Pokemon could be real already but to have Pokemon on earth would one help us with daily tasks and wars but hut us if use by criminals or if they ran wild like if Rayquaza went after the capitals of the world. Heh I think my comment will make ya think!

I would also like to add that Pokemon are too powerful to be handled by mere humans. Maybe in the future.
With more advanced technology we could own small Pokemon. But lately I was thinking about that phantom Pokemon thing from the 10 years of Pokemon special. Remember that phantom mewtwo and mew. Well that thing could work. They are not exactly real but at least not used in wars! ^.^

It would most likely have it's goods and bads,but some of the more blatant ones...

1.The Pokemon Series is happy happy.Theres very little conflict when it comes down to it besides personal struggle.We've never seen Pokemon be used in truly evil ways,with the main villains being pretty much nothing more than comical relief.The potential for evil in Pokemon is possibly more unlimited than weapons,since Pokemon of different shapes,sizes,and abilities can out manuever weapons in some senses. To add since most Pokemon look the same, it would be difficult to find one if it by chance if it did a crime, not to mention that many could possibly do it without being caught on any camera (ghosts,for example)

2.Technology in Pokemon seems more advanced,but really it's just in a tangent,similar to Zero no Tsukaima.Rather than use mechanical technology most of the technology in Pokemon is aimed at...Pokemon! Because of that theres very little evidence of how a Pokemon would actually deal with modern technology. Could Pikachu outrun a gun? it's possible. Could pikachu avoid being blown up by a land mine? not very likely. In fact i believe the only episode to ever have a gun is the Japanese only Safari Zone episode,and it was taken as a very serious threat,which suggests that some pokemon probably can't deal well with even older guns

3.As said,Pokemon is a happy happy series...and because of that,theres no REAL war in it. Based on how things usually go,it seems likely Pokemon would be the front lines, up until disputes which would probably be similar to P.E.T.A.,of course then we have to take into account that some psychic Pokemon have intelligence on par or greater than humans,and these Pokemon may actually try to fight for Pokemon rights.In the end Pokemon would probably end up being something completely different from the games,and thats provided they aren't wiped into near extinction before that (it wouldn't be the first thing after all)

The underlying problem with the idea is that the Pokemon series is one sided.Realistically it doesn't make any sense because theres very little conflict from the world itself or the worlds politics. In fact as far as the Pokemon world has been concerned it appears war doesn't even exist,making it more or less closer to a utopia.In our world Pokemon would probably become something very dark in comparison to what the series is

I think everyone is being way to Serious, I think of this as a good thing.
While they would be probably used in wars (Lt. Surge) I'd like to not ruin the idea and think of the brighter side, they would have pokemon Academy's which I think would be really great. It'd be a good way to make money, and if you remember, most Pokemon are rather shy or avoid humans so It isn't like we'd get destroyed, If legendaries existed they would be the ones that keep our planet going, Ray is said to fly through the Ozone layer and never lands. Kyougre and Groudon would probably keep our weather in check.

If our ecosystem was wiped out and replaced with pokemon, that would not bother me in all honesty. Everyone is worrying about psychic pokemon over powering us, well in the show who's ever seen a Level 100 Wild Alakazam?

I think it would be an interesting life, I my self would walk the planet for my Dratini or bagon knowing what they would someday become.

There are some questions about this
1.Whos to say Kyougre and Groudon actually do this in the real world...and how has the good of somthing prevented someone from ruining it in the past?
2.If our ecosystem is lost,are you suggesting we kill pokemon and eat them instead of our animals for meat?how would this be taken by pokemon?
3.If you saw sabrina's episode,her abra evolved into kadabra mid battle and dominated pikachu.This would mean the abra at least was 16-ish.To add there are wild kadabras.This alone means that psychic pokemon could be a SERIOUS threat in the real world.If that kadabra was any measure of a psychic pokemons power,than a level 100 alakazam would be destroying whole armies by himself (provided there were no pokemon)

It would most likely have it's goods and bads,but some of the more blatant ones...

1.The Pokemon Series is happy happy.Theres very little conflict when it comes down to it besides personal struggle.We've never seen Pokemon be used in truly evil ways,with the main villains being pretty much nothing more than comical relief.The potential for evil in Pokemon is possibly more unlimited than weapons,since Pokemon of different shapes,sizes,and abilities can out manuever weapons in some senses. To add since most Pokemon look the same, it would be difficult to find one if it by chance if it did a crime, not to mention that many could possibly do it without being caught on any camera (ghosts,for example)

2.Technology in Pokemon seems more advanced,but really it's just in a tangent,similar to Zero no Tsukaima.Rather than use mechanical technology most of the technology in Pokemon is aimed at...Pokemon! Because of that theres very little evidence of how a Pokemon would actually deal with modern technology. Could Pikachu outrun a gun? it's possible. Could pikachu avoid being blown up by a land mine? not very likely. In fact i believe the only episode to ever have a gun is the Japanese only Safari Zone episode,and it was taken as a very serious threat,which suggests that some pokemon probably can't deal well with even older guns

3.As said,Pokemon is a happy happy series...and because of that,theres no REAL war in it. Based on how things usually go,it seems likely Pokemon would be the front lines, up until disputes which would probably be similar to P.E.T.A.,of course then we have to take into account that some psychic Pokemon have intelligence on par or greater than humans,and these Pokemon may actually try to fight for Pokemon rights.In the end Pokemon would probably end up being something completely different from the games,and thats provided they aren't wiped into near extinction before that (it wouldn't be the first thing after all)

The underlying problem with the idea is that the Pokemon series is one sided.Realistically it doesn't make any sense because theres very little conflict from the world itself or the worlds politics. In fact as far as the Pokemon world has been concerned it appears war doesn't even exist,making it more or less closer to a utopia.In our world Pokemon would probably become something very dark in comparison to what the series is

1.Whos to say Kyougre and Groudon actually do this in the real world...and how has the good of somthing prevented someone from ruining it in the past?
2.If our ecosystem is lost,are you suggesting we kill pokemon and eat them instead of our animals for meat?how would this be taken by pokemon?
3.If you saw sabrina's episode,her abra evolved into kadabra mid battle and dominated pikachu.This would mean the abra at least was 16-ish.To add there are wild kadabras.This alone means that psychic pokemon could be a SERIOUS threat in the real world.If that kadabra was any measure of a psychic pokemons power,than a level 100 alakazam would be destroying whole armies by himself (provided there were no pokemon)
[quote author=Goemon2057 link=topic=4125.msg61517#msg61517 date=1211923248]

[/quote]

You prove quite a point. If Pokemon were real than they would be used for the Japanese army anyway and completely pown the rest of the world. And imagine the bloody mess of dead Pokemon and humans upon a battlefield. As I said in previous post that the "mirage" Pokemon could work but some hacker would eventually ruin it. The Pokemon world itself seems to be based in the future anyway. (like the Deoxys movie was in a city of the far future.) But to back on the mirage idea if for example every trainer got a trainer card and had their six baby Pokemon and had their own personal code and another example is all of japan had the mirage plates (or what ever they were called) and a person swiped their card across a scanner their "mirage" Pokemon would appear. They could battle gain EP and no one would get hurt from attacks. Though robbery would still be possible. But at least no one would get hurt and so they could not be used in wars, Pokemon would not die and we would have battles to solve conflicts. Now everyone wins.

srry if this was mentioned earlier but i dint want to read eveything, but wouldnt the legendaried be a pain heatran causing eruptions, zapdos-causing thunderstorms, articuno-temp drops, moltres-fires in general, dialga and palkia messing with time and space, darkrai putting people into comas, and regigigas stepping onto stuff. (though we would compromise, somehow, but i still wish they would make pokemon) huge fan of
Mudkips lol and pikachu.

To be honest, I think all humanity would die within the first month of Pokemon existing. I don't think Pokemon would kill us. I think we'd kill ourselves. 'Cause seriously people, if you saw a herd of FLAMING HORSES galloping down your street, I don't think people who barely know about Pokemon would be like ": D Ohmigawd! It's a majestic herd of Rapidash and Ponytas!" I think it'd be more along the lines of "OMGWTF!! DDD: APOCOLYPSE!" and everyone would start looting from stores and killing each other and driving their cars into mini-marts and we'd all die. Like in Cloverfield or something.

lol nice comment and its true some peoplke dont know about pokemon and also they could be used in warfare imagine an army of rhyperior's running down streets tearing down buildings and giant birds replace the use of airplanes. and stuff that alter the weather.

and also think abouth how abra can use teleport if peole teleported to the exact same spot the results could end up brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.