• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Hybrids: The Orb of Power

Story:

Pokemon are creatures who's origins are unknown. They help humans in many different ways, ranging from battle to daily work, to just plain companionship. However, in a forest somewhere, a new type of Pokemon appeared. The Pokemon Hybrid. A creature who can turn from it's Pokemon form to its human. Countless legends spread about its existence. Some believing, and others not. However, when a mysterious orb lands near a patch of grass, it's only up to these creatures to save not only their kind, but mankind.

Character Sheet (Here's mine for reference):

Name: Ashley Arita

Type: Latias/Human Hybrid

Appearance: Human form - Dark, short, brown hair. Forehead visible. Dark brown eyes. Chubby, but not overweight.

Advantage: Stays loyal to her friends.

Disadvantage: Has severe social problems due to her brother's disappearance.

Rules:

1. Never be overpowered! Your character needs to have a flaw. Every being on this planet has a flaw. Even legendaries have flaws.

2. Be respectful for other peoples' choices.

3. Have fun! ;)

---

I walk on the cobblestone path and look around.

"I hope nobody is looking at me..."

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I've shuffled this into the discussion board, as there's a few issues you need to fix before this RP can go ahead. These are all in the Pokémon Role Play Rules, which I'd recommend you read.

Firstly, all RPs here are written in past tense and third person. "Maisie went to the zoo," not "I go to the zoo."

Secondly, you need to have permission from staff (specifically @StellarWind Elsydeon) to use legendaries in role play. I'd recommend you role play as a regular Pokémon for this RP, or if you must be a Latias hybrid, contact @StellarWind Elsydeon. You'll need to include the information specified in the rules.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, your RP opening post is literally a single line and a thought. This is, unfortunately, not really enough for others to know what to do or how to join in. For example, you describe a "cobblestone path" – is that a path in a city? A forest? The cobbled roads of hell itself? You give us absolutely no clue as to where your character is, what she's doing, or why.

It may be helpful to think of RPing here as collaborative novel-writing. What that means is that all the hallmarks of starting a good story also applies to starting the RP – you need to effectively introduce your character, the setting for the story, and start to hint at the narrative you'll be following. We know your character is in the forest, but why? What's pushed her to be there, and what's making her worry about being watched? Even more simply than that, who is she? I can see certain things from her character sheet, but that context hasn't made it into the actual story yet.

It's even more important for people you want to role play with – as a reader, I want to be drawn into this story, but if I were to join the role play, I need to know as much as possible about what you're looking for with the story, so I can join in, and right now I'd have to try a wild stab in the dark – which doesn't make for good storytelling!

If you can, fix up your first post so it's following the rules – once you do, I'm happy to move this thread back to the proper role play board. :)