• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon High Roleplay

What should we do next?

• Field trip to a town/city

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something I didn't mention, say in private chat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zane stood up and rushed at the foe following the Beldum. When the Tyranitar saw the two steel type Pokémon getting closer and closer it unleashed a Fire Blast.

The Fire Blast was so bright Dante could see it through the Sandstorm and went towards it finally coming across a field of fainted Trapinch. "Can anyone hear me!" He shouted in an attempt to get a sense of direction.

Panzer didn't falter in its attack as Z rushed away from the mountain eating monster that stood before them. Although of course being brave isn't the same as being able to take a fire blast to the red glowing eye so he dove down into the sand to avoid the attack but due to the speed of it the attack brushed him slightly, the super effective move doing heavy damage to the poor steel type who struggled to float back into the air.

Zeth was confused by the sudden chaos, managing to catch his fleeing Pokemon. "What are you doing? The battles that way!" "You expect ME to fight THAT!" Z shrieked. "Yes! Just distract it or something. You're good at that." Z sighed, and ran back towards the Tyranitar. "Use Swagger!" The Tyranitar's rage steadily increased, leaving him seething with uncontrollable anger.

Jake thought he could hear a voice in the distance....Dante? "Dante were over here!" he called out through the sand, hoping that he would find his way to them using the sound of his voice.

"Pika!" Joule said. The Pikachu sent an Electro Ball attack into the air. She continued towards the camp. Perhaps someone would see her signal. Aza landed on a Sandshrew. Both shrieked in surprise.

Zane dropped into the sand just barely avoiding the attack. He got back up as the Beldum struggled to get into the air. Zane helped the Beldum steady itself and lined it up with the Tyranitar before hitting the Beldum with a Bullet Punch to send it ramming right into the Tyranitar while Z was distracting it. Zane just wanted the Beldum use a strong enough move to send it toppling back. Dante heard voices and quickly made his way to them being as careful as possible not to let any of the food drop out the buckets. "Pleasant day, wouldn't you say?" He said with a laugh. "Looks like you guys are having a bit of a problem." He set the buckets down and looked around for Zane. "But i dont think i can do much seeing as i cant see. If i can find Zane i can get him to use Defog, that might help get rid of the Sandstorm."

"Iron head Panzer!" Jake called out as he saw the Scizor's plan. The smaller steel types "head" shone with a metallic glow as it rocketed so fast at the enraged Tyranitar that it created a shockwave on impact that made the sand part in a perfect sphere around the two pokemon and pushing the Tyranitar straight over.
"How nice of you to join us Dante." Jake said dryily as he watched the battle taking place nervously, hoping Panzer wouldn't take another hit. A smile did form on his face when he saw the damage that the torpedo speed iron head had done.
"There over there, Panzer, Z and Zane." he told Dante as he looked at Zeth to see how he was handling the situation. His friend didn't seem to fazed and was certainly keeping Z in line for once.

Z acted on his own, as if he knew the plan. Using Foul Play, he used the power of the enraged Tyranitar against it. It wasn't a good type matchup, but it certainly got his attention.

"Alright, thanks!" Dante ran towards the battle to grab Zane's attention. "Zane!!!" He called out. The Scizor looked back and waited for its trainer. "You need to use Defog so we can see whats going on." Zane nodded and the wings on its back began to beat causing an intense wind to brush over the desert and then calming the Sandstorm.

Panzer zipped back over to Jake, floating weakly so that Jake held him instead. "You two will have to deal with that thing by yourselves, Panzer is out..." he said cradling the defeated Pokémon. Aza was suddenly visible again after the use of defog as well and Jake rushed over to her to see if she was hurt. "Are you okay? That sandstorm didn't hit you that hard?"

"Joule!" Aza yelled. The Sandshrew recovered from his surprise. He used Rollout and hit Tyranitar's right leg. Joule found Aza. She jumped onto Aza's shoulder.

Now that the Tyranitar had been toppled over and the Sandstorm was gone Zane jumoed on top of the Pokémon and unleashed a flurry of Fury Cutters each one stronger than the last. The Tyranitar's mouth got ignited by fire and was ready ti strike the Scizor with a Fire Fang. "Zane do it!" Right before the Tyranitar's fiery jaws latched Zane used Endure to survive the attack with his last bit of strength. "Niw finish it!" Zane and Dante went into the woods before the event started to practice his defence against fire type attacks and one combination gurenteed the opponet to faint but at the cost of a lot of health points. "Reversal!" Zane hit the Tyranitar with double the power that it dished out with a 4x super effective move. The Tyranitar was smashed into the sand and burried itself hiding from any more trouble. "Poor thing, if only it knew I wasn't an idiot." He smiled. "Well Zane is out for the count. I don't think he will be able to do much else after that." He said returning Zane to its Pokéball. "Im not ginna lie, we were very lucky." He gave a sigh of relief.

"you can say that again.....but please dont." Jake laughed as he went back over to their tents. "I hope were getting extra credit for dealing with that crap."
Now that all the tents were out the area actually seemed quite homely. The only things missing were some food and water..

Zeth laughed at Dante's combo. "It's alright, but it's not reliable. It'll only work once." Z strode along, looking proud of itself. "What are you so smug about?" Z snarked. "Well actually, I guess you guys DON'T want to know about the water fountain I totally on purpose made during the fight."

"Sandshrew." said the Sandshrew. Now that the sandstorm was gone she had a better look at him. The Sandshrew had goggles on its forehead that could be used to protect his eyes from the bright sun and flying sand. He also wore a scarf that could be used to prevent flying sand from getting into his mouth. The Sandshrew was equipped to survive in the desert. Obviously someone had lost their Sandshrew. But who?

"Well, you know when I was using my superb acting skills on that Trapinch? Well, I tried to follow it when it ran away, and the scumbag threw sand at me! So, I TOTALLY on purpose used detect and broke open the tunnel, and all this water started leaking in. That Trapinch must have blocked it off from following him, because it's starting to spurt out."

"Once is more than enough for the opponent to learn not to mess with me or Zane. You may laugh at it now until you're the one to lose to it" He said to Zeth not giving him any satisfaction for his snarky comment. After walking around looking two buckets full of prickly pears Dante went to rest in the shade.

"'Why didn't I think of something like that?'" Joule said quietly to herself. "Sorry for landing on you. That was a surprise for both of us, huh." Aza said to the Sandshrew. She rubbed the Sandshrew's head. "Sandshrew." he said in agreement.

"Come on guys what did Mr grant say about fighting?" Jake said in a tired voice. Now thanks to Z breaking into that well they were all good for water, Dante had managed to get a small amount of food and the shelter was decent. The blazing sun stil beat down and Jake could feel it heavily on the back of his neck, hopefully sun burn would be avoided. Sitting back in the shade of the trees he began collecting twigs around him till he had a small pile, maybe about 13 twigs. Using Panzers claws against a stone to create a spark he swiftly had a small fire going. "Hey guys want to cook up that prickly pear on this?" he called out as he rummaged in his bag. Pullling out two chocolate bars (normally saved for a Lumous tantrum.) he added "and these are for 'desert'?" he said with a chuckle at his awful pun.

"You don't need to cook them it a fruit. Its also called a Cactus Fruit. First you gotta shave the barbs off, then chop off both ends of it, and then all tuats left is to peel whats left and eat it. The seeds are also very good for you, and the fruit itself is very juicy and contains a lot of vitamin C." He laughed. "That was a terrible pun." He chuckled.

"you can still cook fruit you know that right? not for the destruction of any bacteria or viruses but for the flavour of it the stuff. roasted apples are heavenly" Jake said his mouth beginning to water at the very thought of one of his favourite things from back home.
"You will have to be ready for that kind of pun im afraid, I was kind of known for it back home." he said with a chuckle as he drunk from the canteen he had filled in the well. The sun was finally beginning to set on the day and at last the desert area was cooling down. Jake closed his eyes and enjoyed the heavenly shade he was sitting in, Panzer asleep laying on his lap.

"Cooked fruit is digusting. It takes all the natural flavour and juice out of it. But if thats what you like then more power to ya." He laughed.
As the sun settled Dante realized the true terror of the desert....the night time hunters. "Whose gonna take first watch, cant risk any getting attacked by nocturnal Pokémon while we sleep." Dante's main fear was falling asleep and getting stung by a Drapion. "The one thing people dont really get is that night time is the scariest part about the desert. During the day you need to worry about the sun, but all you need to do is make some shade and keep hydrated. Then the night comes and a lot of creatures come out to hunt under the cover of darkness."

Jake looked around wearily at the darkening sands that stretched out around them scanning the horizon for the faceless threat. "Cacturn is another big problem back in the Hoenn region they can track life force from miles around." he explained to the group as he slowly sat up straight. Panzer was obviously still too tired to battle any more, a fire blast like that and then an impact at such a speed was a lot for the little guy. In his opinion the best choices for a night watch would be Zeth and Z as the dark type Pokémon had excellent night vison and could become an illusion of a much larger Pokémon such as the tyranitar they faced earlier to ward off any potential intruders to the camp. After explaining why he thought Zeth would be the best choice he resumed trying to snooze under the tree.

"Sounds good to me." He quickly said before Zeth could intervien. Dabte then went on to try and get comfy to get some sleep. "Sleep tight.....don't let the Trapinch bite." He chuckled at his joke.

Night watch grew boring quickly. Soon enough Z was far away in sleep, and Zeth was barely awake, yet just awake enough to hear the sound of a stone being moved, like a door, with an eerie silence following. Looking up, he saw a Sarcophagus-Shaped Pokemon. He was familiar with it's pre-evolved form from his home region, but had never faced a Cofagrigus before. Yamask creeped him out enough. It hadn't noticed him, and Z might be able to get it if he had time.

Jake had crawled into his tent and nestled in a foil sleeping bag that had been provided with the tent. There was even a tiny sleeping bag to fit small Pokémon that Panzer snoozed in.

Dante walked past Zeth to get to the tents. "Oh, look a Cofagrigus.....i hear they swallow those who get to close and trap them inside their bodies to turn them into mummies." He said with an eerie voice. "Night." He laughed and crawled into his tent. Dante was about to get into his own sleeping bag when he cane across a thought. He poked hus head out the tent and got Zeth's attention. "When you get to tired i'll take the next shift, just wake me Zane should be rested enough by then." He crawled into his sleeping bag for the night.

Jake rolled over once in his sleeping bag upon hearing a conversation outside his tent and recognised the voice of Dante laughing about something. What was the cause of any form of laughter right now he didn't really care, the boy hadn't realised quite how tired he was after being out in the strong sun that damn Growlithe had caused all day. The temperature had dropped quite fast though as night approached seeming as they weren't actually in a desert and when the instructors Pokémon stopped intensifying the sun they were back to the regular climate which was currently quite cold.

Aza, Joule, and the Sandshrew all shared a tent. Aza and Joule slept in sleeping bags. The Sandshrew slept near the entrance of the tent. If anything happened, the Sandshrew would be the first to know. The three slept through the boys' conversation.

Jake awoke to a few stray rays of sunlight poking through the entrance and the sound of Mr Grants voice over a megaphone telling everybody that those who had been sleeping in survival zones were allowed to go get showered and heal Pokemon before they return to the next challenge.
Groggily getting up he walked back to the Pokemon centre, not wanting to wake the others. After fully healing Panzer he had a shower and prepared for whatever today's challenge would be. Lumous seemed thrilled to be out of her pokeball though so he did play with her for about 10 minutes, tickling her belly through the shell.

Saffron walked around with Lazuli, her psyduck. Most fourth years were somewhere else in the desert, and she was going to check on people in lower grades. She yawned a little, she was still tired. " psyyyyyyyy." Lazuli whined, confused about the new heat.

Dante was awoken by all the noise coming from the outside and let out a yawn. "Guess its time to face yet another day. I just want some real food." Dante emerged from the tent wearing the same clothes as yesterday as he wasnt aware of this event and didnt realize he needed spare clothes. He walked to the exit of the desert zone and Mr. Grant had given everyone the OK to go do what they needed. Hearing that Dante rushed to his dorm to grab and pack a few things in his bag so he would be prepared for anything else the events threw his way. Once he had what he needed he grabbed a change of clothes so he could jump the shower.

After eating a fairly bland breakfast of energy bars and a glass of orange juice Jake felt he was ready for whatever todays challenge would be. Hopefully it wouldn't be as hot as the last one though, despite living in a relatively hot climate as a child he much preferred cold ones.
Lumous was full of energy considering the fact she hadn't been doing anything yesterday unlike her trainer and was it was a stark comparison between the two of them, him still sleepy from an uncomfortable nights sleep in the tent and her bouncing around the table happily after a lovely night in her pokeball.

Zeth was extremely tired after the night watch, and he decided to get some food and go to the Pokemon centre. He wasn't sure about the next test. Despite his village being surrounded in jungle, he really wouldn't want to go back.

glancing at his wall mounted clock Jake saw that he would soon have to be back out there for the next test whatever that may be. He feverishly hoped that maybe they would do something easy like fishing but had a terrible gut feeling that it would be the case.

Saffron and her group had eventually gotten back to the school. She went to her room and sighed, spraying lazuli with a potion. She packed her back again, hoping the next time it would be easier

Minutes before all the noise, the Sandshrew woke up Aza and Joule. "I didn't order a wake up call." Aza muttered to the Sandshrew. "Sandshrew." he said. He lifted his scarf up enough so she could see a collar with a tag on it. Aza read the tag. "Geb. If found please return to Jason Roy." Underneath that was contact information for Geb's trainer. After Aza heard the Okay to do what they needed, Aza went to her dorm to pack some stuff so she was ready for the next challenge. Aza let out Mira and Rascal for awhile. The Zorua had recovered from both his caffeine high from the coffee and the Paralysis from Joule's Electro Ball. He bounced up and down with excitement. Aza grabbed a change of clothes then took a shower. After doing so the four had breakfast.

Jake had almost fallen asleep at his table when suddenly his watch started buzzing and lighting up in a very distracting fashion. Lumous poked him in the face as well just to make sure he was paying attention, an action that wasn't exactly needed but Jake didn't complain as he saw who the call was from.

"Mum! hello!" he answerd brightly as it had been ages since he had last talked to his mother.
"Yes Draco has behaved fantasticly, even won a cou-"
"now? but I was going to use him today for something that's happening at school its not really a good time to transfer him back home.."
"its ready? well I guess I can use that instead then! yeah I well send him over from the Pokémon centre right now then. Bye mum, love you."

Jake was imbued with a new life. He had been waiting years for this moment! besides Draco missed his real owner anyway he would be glad to be back by Jake's mother's side again. Picking Lumous up in his arms so she had a nice view of the passing world the boy practically ran down to the on campus Pokémon center with a grin on his face the entire way there. On his journey he saw that some people were already back at the survival course and hard at work but they were the early birds and not many had showed up just yet. Lumous waved it all of them even though there was no chance they would be able to see what to them would look like a white speck in the distance waving.
The iconic red roof of the Pokémon centre soon reared before him, glinting merrily in the morning sunlight and casting a redish glow on the adjacent buildings. Upon entering it he was hit with the air conditioning and sterile air that was associacted with the places as well as the classic music they always play in the centres. After queing for a bit Jake found himself at the machine he had come for, a global trading device. The high tec looking device took a moment for him to work out but after a few moments of messign with the UI Jake had located his hometown Pokémon centre andit confirmed that there was a pokemon waiting to be transferred to him. Time for a temporary goodbye.
Taking the ball from his belt he summoned Draco from it, the grumpy looking old dragon standing before him as solemn as always. "Draco buddy im sending you home now, back to mum okay? I know it was hard for you to leave her behind but thanks for looking after me, Lumous and Panzer. Particularly Lumous." he chuckled putting a hand on the Druddigons rough skin and trying not to flinch. "I will see you when I come home, so look after my parents yeah? adios my old friend." he said returning Draco to his pokeball as he grunted happily at the idea of seeing his trainer again. Placing the ball in one of the machines 2 receptacles he clicked the send button gently (the machine looked very pricey and he couldn't risk breaking it.) he said "Bye old fella, happy trip." one last time with a slight smile as the Druddigon vanished in a flash of blue light. Moments later another blue light signalled the arrival of his newest team member. As he took the pokeball and walked outside he remembered fondly how he had found the fossil when his Dad had taken him to work one day and showed him the cave they were digging out. He had been on the waiting list for almost 9 years to have the Pokémon reived from its fossil so it was fair to say he felt he had waited long enough.
He remembered something about the Pokémon that the fossil contained, something one of the Devon researchs told him when he had first found the fossil deep in the cave, something about it living in ancient forests and being the king of its era. Now as he presed the button on the ball he tried his best to remember its name. now just what was I-
"Tyrunt!" the large Pokémon before him said happily as it chomped the air around it and flailed its arms around in the air. Jake already loved the prehistoric beast. It was so cool looking! look at those teeth! and the tail! and oh it was just adorable how happy it was.
"Hey little fella, how you enjoying this era huh?" he said with a laugh as he bent down so he was at head height with the Tyrunt. The Pokémon resonded with another happy sounding "Tyruuunt!"as it jumped up and down a little bit. "haha were gonna get on just fine....hmmm...a name....how about...Titus? like that old emperor from that story I once read, you have a kind of regal air about you." Jake said as he looked back at the Pokémon. "You like Titus little guy?" he asked the recently resurrected beast. It bit the air playfully in response which he took as a yes. And with that the three of them walked back towards the main part of campus, Jake buzzing with the realisation his childhood dream had come true, Titus ever so pleased to meet his trainer and Lumous who was judging how easy the new comer would be to ride.

After breakfast, Joule had hopped on Mira and started riding her again. "Zorua." Rascal said. He sweat dropped. Aza sighed. She was glad no one paid any attention to Joule's antics.