• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon GO: Who have you sworn allegiance to?

Which Pokemon GO team did you, or will you, join?

• Team Instinct

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Team Mystic

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Team Valor

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Team Grey! (Still undecided)

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Forgive me if I'm just blind and someone has already posted this elsewhere.

For all of you present (and future) Pokemon GO players out there: which team did/will you join - Team Valor, Mystic, or Instinct? :arr:

Pokemon GO Team Leaders.png

Myself, I ended up joining Team Mystic simply because blue is my favourite colour. :'D I read through the descriptions of each team and honestly liked Team Instinct's best, but in the end I couldn't forego my blue. It doesn't hurt that Articuno has always been my favourite of the legendary bird trio either!

I ended up going with Instinct. If it had just been up to the mentalities of the teams I would have gone with Mystic, because knowledgeispower.jpg, but where I am, Mystic is the most popular team, with Valor a close second. I'm a complete sucker for underdogs, so given how uncommon Instinct was, and how much it gets roasted online, I figured why not. Oh, and because AA-J is awesome.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I joined Team Neos. Bonus points since they wear grey. >:D

Although I'd more than likely go Mystic since Articuno is my favorite Legendary Bird.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I joined Instinct simply because @Tailon was the first person who reached out to me over which team to join. And it worked out, since all my UT friends are Instinct as well. XD

All of my UTD friends are Team Mystic instead so that they can take on gyms together; we currently have a truce to not bother with each other's gyms, though anytime we see a red gym... it's going DOWN. With all seven of us taking it. Then we cycle through which team gets to claim the gym. :'D

Tailon

Gryffindork
I joined Instinct because it was literally the day of launch and I like Zapdos. Honestly having three teams seems to have caused a major imbalance and I'm worried what that's going to mean for Instinct and Valor come legendary releases, as they'll supposedly be restricted to winning teams at events and Mystic is significantly larger than either of the other two.

Though I almost went Mystic, I went instinct because I loves Zapdos, and even if I knew Instinct was going to be the minority, "paste eating" team, I still would have choose Instinct, what can I say, I'm a sucker for underdogs.

im team mystic becase im really love them they are cool and they have three thing are the same with me
1 im calm cool colleth in pokemon games and some things
2 my favorite color is blue
3 my persenal leagendary is articuno
i like team valor and team insttinct but im love team mystic so yeah im choosing team mystic now and foever
ps im also okay with other people choosing valor and instinct

I chose Team Mystic as their goal (description) seems the most reasonable. I honestly don't like Team Valor's ambitions (description) as much, and I just thought Team Instinct's were a bit worse than Team Mystic, so I chose the Dark Side.... Or Blue Side.. Whatever.

Last edited:
team-valor-cutout1.png

#ValorPride

Seriously, though, I think Valor needs a lot more love. Everyone says Instinct is the least popular, and because of that, it is viewed and treated favorably because of its underdog status. Mystic is undoubtedly the most popular, so Valor is in this weird and oft-ignored middle ground. So, that influenced my decision.

Many people would think I would align with Mystic or Instinct because of their focuses and legendary Bird mascots, but I liked the idea of a team that focuses on collecting different varieties of Pokemon and devotes themselves to finding each Pokemon's hidden potential and maximizing their strengths.

Plus, my favorite color is red. :p

I was tricked into instict although, England isn't that good with instinct gyms, Instinct needs to begin dominating. Zapdos is electric, we need electric to play the game #Team instinct for the win

Team Instinct, because many youtubers are in the team. When I chose Team Instinct, they revealed that how to get the legendary birds is that you can only get one that matches your team. For example: Valor gets Moltres.
Also, due to the fact that Zapdos is effective both against Moltres and Articuno.
Despite Articuno being a ice type, Zapdos is weak to Ice.
Search up all the legendary birds for type weakness.

Team Mystic.

We shall dominate the battlefield with calculative planning, destroying all who stand in our way...

We also have book club meetings on saturday.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Pokemon-Go-Team-Instinct.jpg
Not overly sure why, as if I was asked to choose my favourite of the Legendary Bird Trio I'd probably pick Articuno... but everyone seemed to be picking Valour and Mystic in my area so I felt the need to be different :')

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I am part of Team Smugleaf. Secretly, all the gyms are actually perpetually green. And mine.

Team Valor. It really was the only description I liked. Even though Zapdos is my favorite bird, I am obsessed with phoenixes. But I don't play GO anymore...

Team Valor. One of my coworkers is a member of Team Instinct and another is a member of Team Mystic. My friends B.J. and Cory are also a part of Team Valor.