• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Global Link BW/B2W2

Hey all!

So, I just found out that the Pokémon Global Link will stop supporting Black & White and Black 2 & White 2. :@

Just so you guys know, I'm very new to the Pokémon games. I purchased my first handheld (a Nintendo DSi) back in March 2013, and the very first Pokémon game I've ever played or owned for that matter is Black.

I'm aware that once I finish the game, my task will be to complete the National Pokédex, capturing all known Pokémon from the other regions and from White and B2W2.

So far I found out that you can get Pokémon from playing DreamWorld but now that the PGL is going to be discontinued for BW/B2W2, how am I supposed to get the other Pokémon?

I'm very new to Pokémon and I'm not sure what I should be looking for or searching for, so I would greatly appreciate any help because I really want to learn how to use all the resources available to Pokémon players.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Re: Pokémon Global Link BW/BW2

My advice would be to get whatever you are able to while you still can, then consult our Wifi board. Several members here, myself included, would be more than happy to trade/breed something to/for you. :)

As of B2W2, several Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities can be obtained in-game, so I would try to get the PGL-exclusive ones while it's still up. But again, some of us would gladly breed out or trade something to you.

Shocari said:
As of B2W2, several Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities can be obtained in-game, so I would try to get the PGL-exclusive ones while it's still up. But again, some of us would gladly breed out or trade something to you.

Hi Shocari, thanks for replying!

I'm definitely planning on using Dream World more now that I know it's going to be discontinued. And thanks for the tip about the WiFi board.

I don't understand what you mean in the quote in this post. I'm only familiar with Black. I am planning on getting B2 in a few months.

I'm sorry for my ignorance, I'm definitely trying to learn. (There's so many different things related to Pokémon, it's hard to keep track of all the different avenues there are available for game-play).

To elaborate on that a bit: As of BW, nearly every Pokemon gained an additional ability that was only obtainable either through an event or the Dream World, a "hidden ability", if you will. B2W2 expanded on this with Hidden Grottoes, which are special areas containing Pokemon that have their hidden abilities.This made getting a large number of them much easier than having to deal with the Dream World, since it is all right there in-game.

However, a decent number of hidden abilities are still only obtainable via the PGL, so that's why I recommended what I did. I hope that helps any ^^;

Also, some pokemon are much more common in one game than in the other, so trading with people who have white or white 2 will be helpful for you! Trading also helps you evolve certain pokemon, like Shelmet and Karrablast.

TornadicTrainer96 said:
Also, some pokemon are much more common in one game than in the other, so trading with people who have white or white 2 will be helpful for you! Trading also helps you evolve certain pokemon, like Shelmet and Karrablast.

I figured as much. I don't have any friends that play Pokémon so I'm going to have to do some serious networking to find people online that will trade with me :p

DanM87 said:
TornadicTrainer96 said:

I figured as much. I don't have any friends that play Pokémon so I'm going to have to do some serious networking to find people online that will trade with me :p

Well, I'll make it easier. I'm willing to trade.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Just a quick reminder: any Wi-Fi stuff should be done in the Wi-Fi forum. :)