• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon: Giratina & the Sky Warrior Discussion

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The movie is going to be aired soon on US Cartoon Network (supposedly Sunday, February 15hth, at 7PM - be sure to check your local listings timezone-wise), so I figure it's about time we had a general discussion thread for it.

Like I said in my latest news update, the movie should be coming out on DVD March 31st, so if you don't get Cartoon Network it'll be quite a wait before you can catch it on home video. Pokemon.com also has a link to the official movie 11 dubbed website, which is pretty nice if you ask me. I like all the pictures and how detailed the character bios section is.

For anyone who's already seen the movie, what were your thoughts on it? (Try to avoid spoilers)

For anyone still anticipating it, what are your predictions and expectations?

I for one have already watched it subbed, and like I said in the Weekly Anime Discussion thread - I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to catching it on DVD so my little sisters can better enjoy it, too :)

I actually really enjoyed the movie. It was the first movie I've ever seen in the original Japanese and the second time for the anime period. Now I really envy people who can see the episode in Japanese.

The movie was well done and it was cool how this movie (and the other movies of the DPPt era) tie in together. Sinnoh and Ruined World looked absolutely gorgeous in this movie so I guess I'm complimenting the art. I thought I would dislike Shaymin in the movie but it cracked me up. Its relationship with Ash is hilarious.

I loved the movie. I found it very interesting, as the ads don't tell you the whole story, or whole personality, about characters and places.

Carmen, its Reverse world, Distortion world, Torn world, many names x.X They used the name of Reverse world in the movie though.

Yeah, Shaymin was hilarious XD

Carmen, its Reverse world, Distortion world, Torn world, many names x.X They used the name of Reverse world in the movie though.

Yeah, I couldn't remember what they called it, lol. And I guess the only thing I would've liked to see was Turnback Cave in the movie. Hey, maybe the next movie ^^.

Oh, and one other thing I forgot. Random Regigigas ftw XD

It is also airing tommorow, Linkachu. I'm expecting great things from this movie, since Regigigas is gonna be in it. I've seen the Japanese trailers for it, and it looks like Shaymin is gonna give Satoshi alot of put downs. Can't wait to LOL.

The movie is going to be aired soon on US Cartoon Network (supposedly Sunday, February 15hth)
Actually, it comes to CN Febuary 13th at 7:00. I should know because I saw the commercial (also I heard that they have two new Star Wars after the movie).

I'm expecting great things from this movie, since Regigigas is gonna be in it. I've seen the Japanese trailers
For you seeing the Japanese trailers let me just say this; You are so lucky! And what scenes are Regigigas going to be in anyway?

i am also syced to see Giratina and Shaymin's new forms in this movie. What more could you ask for!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, it comes to CN Febuary 13th at 7:00. I should know because I saw the commercial (also I heard that they have two new Star Wars after the movie).

It's both now. You can see it either on the 13th or the 15th at 7 PM :)

I haven't saw it yet, and I can't see it tonight, but I'll see it on Sunday, though. I guess I'm looking forward to it, but I can never seem to get myself hyped up to see a Pokemon movie anymore. One thing I'm definitely wanting to see in the movie, however, is the reverse world. I want to see how cool they make it look!

Oh goodness, that was EPIC! I absolutely LOVED it!

When I saw the Regigigas, I made up a random song. Here it is: "Here comes a Regigias, with a bunch of Maaaamoswiine!"

Yes, that's it.

I know XD

I accidentally said 'MAMASWINE!" once XD
The movie was awesome, but you couldn't tell if they changed the ending song ^^

Regigigas was awakened when the glacier uncovered its temple, I think XD

Wow, this thing took absolutely forever to download, but it was worth it! ^_^

Loved the entire thing, and the dialogue between Ash and Shaymin was priceless at times. XD

Totally random Regigigas with herds of Mamoswine ftw!

And did anyone else notice the even more random and wtf moment of the Aron, Lairon, Aggron, Froslass, Snover, and Abamasnow helping too? Was just a quick cut to them for maybe two seconds to watch them all fire Ice Beams, but there was no more reference to them at all for the rest of the time, not even in the crowd scenes! I thought it was total lulz. :3

All in all, fairly decent movie, though it doesn't come close to the top of the list.

And did anyone else notice the even more random and wtf moment of the Aron, Lairon, Aggron, Froslass, Snover, and Abamasnow helping too? Was just a quick cut to them for maybe two seconds to watch them all fire Ice Beams, but there was no more reference to them at all for the rest of the time, not even in the crowd scenes! I thought it was total lulz. :3

I remember that. There were a whole bunch of aron and Lairon nibbling on the remains of the Megaliba. (Zero's ship) (Don't forget the bidoof =3)

I'm going to watch it tonight, for no reason at all. XD

"Why are you always on me?" "So we can both be eaten" ah, win XD

The movie was very exciting. I really enjoyed the fantastic artwork Ash and his buds were placed in.

The only thing I found odd was Regigigas's role in the film ???

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Of course, apparently now there are many Shaymin instead of just one."

You do realize that quite a few Legendary PokéMon have been already shown by anime canon to be species rather than individuals, right?

- More than one instance of the three legendary birds was shown (one could argue that possibly they're all the same but they're flying all over the world and roost in the Orange Islands, but personally, I don't buy that.)

- At LEAST two Mews still exist - the one that's travelling around with Mewtwo, and the one that lives in symbiosis with the Tree of World's Origin, a silicon-based non-PokéMon lifeform featured heavily in Movie 8.

- Lugias have been shown to live in small pods, like cetaceans. A baby Lugia was a primary focus of a small episode arc in the anime.

- The Regis. The existence of multiple Regis is a fact. The Tree of World's Origin (Movie 8 again) has its own Guardian Regis, and Brandon in the anime has a full set as well. This may have to do with the fact the Regis are artificial, man-made golem PokéMon, though..

- Latios and Latias are a definite species. Many of their kind were shown in Movie 5 - the main focus was a single brother-sister pair, but other Latis were shown.

- Deoxys are an obvious species. Multiple Deoxys were shown, sometimes simultaneously (Movie 7).

- And yes, Shaymin.

Others may be species as well, of course, but there is no canon evidence pointing that out, so.

But that was really off-topic.

Movie 11... I'm not sure what to think of it. It certainly had its moments, but it's no movie 10.

The reverse world was an interesting concept, and the movie had some definitely gorgeous sceneries. It also made me appreciate Giratina (the thing has farking mandibles. MANDIBLES. That is winful in my book) much more than I did. But then...

Zero was a complete Lawrence III Redux (complete with an obsession and a bad CGI UFO that crashes eventually!), Giratina suffered from the typical "Is it friend or foe?" thing that seems to be going for a lot of legendaries lately (Darkrai and Deoxys are the first examples that come to mind). On the whole the movie felt very much like it was sort of shoved in the middle to introduce Giratina for the major upcoming conflict that is movie 12. That and to unveil Shaymin and give Nintendo another excuse to have an event legendary. Ho yay.

And Shaymin being a little ego-maniacal brat really pissed me off to extreme levels. Way to -eff- around with the only real Grass-Type legendary, Nintendo.

Random amusing factoid: When the movie mentioned a Shaymin once taking in too much toxic gas and blowing up a whole forest with Seed Flare (suicide bombers, lawl), I had this random mental image of it sort of standing around, blinking... and emitting a Steve-Urkelish "DID IIIIIIIII DO THAAAAAAAAAAAT?"

It's funnier when you think that Jaleel White, the guy who used to portray the role of Steve Urkel, was also the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog in the old Sonic cartoons.

Last edited by a moderator:
pokemonstar, replies like yours are short and pointless. In otherwords, it's considered SPAM. Please don't post posts like that again.

I just watched it, a little late though. Well I do like the animations, but I think they could have used a little less 3D in some parts. Might just be me though. It was a pretty good movie, I thought Shaymin being able to talk was cool, but then again pretty much every legendary can talk, excluding a few.