1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by Pokechu, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Does anyone have any info on these games besides lies and deceit?

2. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

http://www.pokecharms.com/games/DS/dp/cryptimon.php

That's ALL the info we have. Aside from the 2 small snippets of information that the developers have slipped out which boil down to these points:

1) The games will be out in Japan in November
    2) The games will "use the DS' capabilities to their full extent" and therefore 99% definite to be online.

Aaaaaand, that's it. Not a single screenshot, not a single drop of information on how it uses the DS, nadda. You'll have to wait for Pokemon Festa at least before we get any information.

3. Something tells me "graphical update" isn't too high on that list...

Although I wouldn't mind a voice recognition part...

Chibi Tai: Kick his ass, Mewtwo!
    DS: Mewtwo used Hyper Beam!
    Chibi Tai: Did that thing just read my voice? The hell?
    DS: Mewtwo used Hellsfire!
    Chibi Tai: What the crap?
    DS: Trainer Chibi Tai changed pokemon! Go Farfetch'd!

Too much sugar today.

4. Doctor Oak

Staff Member Overlord

The DS' 3D is shady anyway. The Colosseum battle engine is possible, but sticking to general 2Dish worlds is likely.

64 bit 2D is godly though.

5. thanks... now if i could find out if it was 3d or not...

6. Diamond was created on GameboyColorTM as a scam also was Jade version so it is still a rumuor untill it is realsed in the U.S.A!!!
    Japan also has poke'mon games that we don't have for exsample pokemon land!!! It was created in 1996 and was never realsed in the U.S for some reason!!! :roll: :? :!:

7. Well, those were all pirated games, not official Pokemon games. If I recall correctly, Diamond/Jade was based on a game called Telefang, and Pokemon Land was a modified Smurf game.

8. I thought Pokemon Land was Super Mario Land where you played as Pikachu and used lightning bolts instead of mushrooms to power up to Raichu instead of Super Mario.

9. Nah, it was reported in a Game Boy magazine many years back. It's a pirated version of The Smurf's Nightmare.

Anyway, some unconfirmed news:

http://ds.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=2199

10. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Hmm... Taken from the article

Jeez, that's not light information. By some chance it actually was true it'd change the series in a big way. As of now I highly doubt it is, though. I'll keep it in the back of my mind, but I wouldn't spread it around as being true (or even likely).

12. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

You'd be surprised how many fans out there take the word "rumor" for truth. No matter how hard you try to convince them otherwise some n00b is always going to go crazy and spread it around as fact -.-;

13. Yeah i read on another site that the game has virtual reality and that it isnt even on ds lol

14. Diamond/Pearl could be real then I'll look up more about it and try mass research on it to find out about it!

:pikacute:

15. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Correction - they ARE real. Nintendo has confirmed at least that much. What we haven't seen yet is what the games are going to be like - graphics, gameplay, how it uses the touch screen, etc. - but hopefully Pokemon Festa will reveal that.

16. Oops!! They made a game that wasn't officail game called Diamond version on gameboy color it was a scam to make it look like an officail game the graphics were horrible but the intro was kinda cool me friend bought the game and it sucks! They have the pokemon facing you and the person looks stupid!!!! :roll: The game is hard to read and the screen is orange all the time and before I start rambaling off go to this website!!!

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&lr=&biw=779&q:pokemon+diamond&btnG=Search

Some are from the real diamond some are from the fake Diamond!!!!

17. It was a bootleg released in 2001. It was going to be Light and Shadow...

My uncle shouldn't have quit his NOA job...I coulda got Emerald early!

18. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza

Heheh... Time to move this to the appropriate forum. We've already got a topic on the new info, too. :)