• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Detective: A Rife at Ryme City

Hi Ho! This is a thread. You post things on it.
Well actually this is relating to the new game Detective Pikachu!
Some rules:
1. Don't swear
2. Don't share real life info
3. Abide by the RP rules
4. Have fun
Four simple rules. Now listen.
This is set 2 years after the events of Detective Pikachu.
This will become closed when I have 8 people.

Please enter your details like so to join:
Name:
Appearance:
Partner:
Detective Skill Set:

Now here is mine:
Name: Zak Baker
Appearance: Blue Hair, blue eyes, blue flannelette jacket, black Pokeball shirt, light grey skinny jeans
Partner: Hakamo-o
Detective Skill Set: Chief of Baker Detective Agency

Zak sat down at his desk. He put his coffee mug up to his lips and drank his warm, milky coffee from the Hi-Hat Cafe downstairs. He looked through his case notes. The case was an easy one, but the the testimony didn't seem to show a rip into cracking it. Maybe I haven't gathered enough testimony? It seems like that... He put down his notebook and got up. He decided to take a break. He was going to see how Hakamo-o was doing with Ludicolo. "Bye Amanda" He said walking past the receptionist. Fletchling flew and sat on his head. "Bye Fletchling"
"Bye Zak. You going to check on Hakamo-o?"
"Yes" He said. "He's gathering testimony at the park. Bye!" Zak walked out of the Baker Detective Agency. The chief thought that Kommo-o might be done his report by now.

Zak walked down the street to Tahnti park finding his partner jotting down testimony from Mightyena. "Migh, Mightyena, Migh" the Pokemon said. "Hakaaa!" Hakamo-o said, thanking the Mightyena for her time.
"So..." Zak said to Hakamo-o. "What testimony did you dig up?" Hakamo-o showed Zak the notebook. (Zak taught Hakamo-o to write in English so Zak could understand it). "A strange purple Pokeball in her sleeping bush?" Zak said. "Well, that does help! Now we can get our hands on one of those Pokeballs!" They headed over to Mightyena's sleeping bush. Zak picked up the purple Pokeball with a giant 'M' on it. It looked like a normal Pokeball. Then he felt a buzz in his pocket. He answered his phone. "Hello? Oh, hey Seel!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Seel
Appearance: Seel
Partner: none
Detective Skill Set: Searching the water for his boss Zak

Seel goes for his daily swim in the nearby lake and he dives in and starts swimming around, he hears regular noises like Pokemon rustling in bushes. Wait there are some strange noises and they sound like a trainer. A trainer hasn't been here in ages,
"Seel!" is what Seel says alerting all of the other Pokemon to the trainers presence but wait there are purple pokeballs flying everywhere. Seel doesn't want one to hit him so he swims into the depths of the lake with a lot of other scared and frightened water types. When the noises stop Seel slowly swims upwards and finds every pokemon captured in some sort of purple pokeball and only the well hidden Pokemon survived the fatal capturing spree. But wait a second the trainer trapped the pokemon and never picked them up! The pokemon are trapped inside there forever. Seel is on the case as he swims away to his hidden water detective headquarters to contact his Boss, Zak Baker.

"Hey, Zak (Seel too knew english). There has been an outbreak Whatever case you are on please stop it unless it relates to this. There was an anonymous trainer who started throwing purple pokeballs, capturing all of the pokemon that were not hidden. I was lucky to survive but the worst of it is the trainer just left the pokeballs there with family and loved ones trapped inside the pokeballs forever. The description of the pokeballs is it has a white base like a normal pokeball but instead of the top being red it was purple with an M on the front. This pokeball must be new. Before I check all the other lakes in the area, There was a clue left behind. The trainer is some sort of pokemon because the footprints weren't the footprints of a human.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Woah!" Slow down Seel!" He said getting all the info from the Pokemon. Since his father stepped down as Chief Detective, Zak ha been chasing this case. And now the culprit had made an appearance to one of his detectives. Zak got out the Pokeball. It fit the same description Seel gave. The Pokeball wobbled a bit. He released the Pokemon inside. It was a Mightyena, the others brother! The female came over to meet it again. They were reunited! The only thing to do now is trace the person, or Pokemon that did this. "Seel. See if you can find anymore on the mysterious Pokeball Case. And try to release the Pokemon trapped inside those Pokeballs. I'm going to go see those footprints!"

Zak rushed off and finally came to the edge of the lake where there were muddy footprints from the mud of the bank. He bent down and studied them. They were large, triangle shaped footprints, with smaller triangles that looked like toes. Zak took a photo of the footprints. "We better get these to PCL so they can analyse them" He said to Hakamo-o as he took off toward the car.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
A bunch of posts were merged because obviously some of you have not read the RP forum rules.

Posts must be third person, past tense (NOT present tense), story format and be at least a paragraph long. Posts that contain no in-character content (such as character bios and nothing but) do not belong in the RP forums (a post that includes a character bio but ALSO contains RP content is acceptable, however).

Read the rules then... carry on with whatever it is you're doing.

Name: Kayla
Appearance: Long hair black hair(Just past shoulders), orange floral tank top,matching hat, capri pants, (Think USUM Female) and 19 years old,
Partner: Mimikyu
Detective Skill Set: Great at interrogating
Kayla and Mimi were enjoying a day off. "Man Mr. Pablo is a Master when it comes to coffee." Said Kayla. Not too long after that (She was near the lake) Mimi looked really worried and dragged Kayla behind a bush. She could barely make out what was happening bit a blurry figure was throwing what looked like pokeballs into the lake. She thought two things. "On my day off of all times. (And 2) That's the lake where Seel is." She dashed out of the bush with mimikyu but by the time she got out the pokemon was gone. She ran up to the lake and there were weird purple pokeballs with M's on them. She opened one of the pokeballs (There were about 8 with pokemon.) The pokeball contained a magikarp which was reunited with it's family. Soon Zac came. "Hey Cheif!" Said Kayla. "This have to do with your case?" While holding the mysterious poke ball up.

"Yeah! It does and it plays a serious part" Zak said as he was hopping in the car. "You coming tom PCL with me? We might get some answers!" Zak said wanting to solve the case. He hopped in the car and shut the door. "Alright! Everybody ready?"

Seel poked his head above the water just as Zak and Kayla drove away in Zaks car. Seel alerted all of the survivors and told them to come out, he showed them how to release the pokemon inside. The pokemon were escaping from the new pokeballs as Seel went back to his HQ to analyse who the culprit might be. The clues were swirling in his head (1), triangle/blocky feet (2), the pokeballs were very different so the pokemon must have been able to get past the security (3), they needed to have had a reason to come like an enemy... Seal just figured out who the culprit was. He turned on his computer system to contact Zak.
"Zak I know who the culprit is!" Seal said with a grim look on his face.

"What?! But how?! We don't even have one clue on who these footprints might belong to" Zak said as they parked at PCL. He ran into the Laboratory that scanned stuff. "Alright put this here, give this to you, check the meters. Hey um, Kayla! Could you push the big button on the machine that says 'START'?"

"Yeah you're right." Said seel
"But this is really close, so I will go and interrogate Jace. Got to go bye!" Seel said with a look o accomplishment.
Jace was in Seels grade all the way until grade 10 wich was when he got kidnapped by humans because he found a necklace which allowed him to physically control things. He was a porygon which explains the blocky feet, he was with the most important 'items' so he would've been able to physically control the pokeballs and that's why there was no trainer because he was hiding while making them hit pokemon. Seel showed porygon an abandoned mansion a long time ago and told him to go there whenever he was in trouble so Seel raced off to find Jace.

Kayla walked up to the machine and pressed start. A loading screen. She put in some information that the computer couldn't read. The pokemon that the computer matched up with the information was porygon. (BUM BUM BUUUMM:-O) She ran over to the phone and gave Seal a call. "We might have a lead. Is the pokemon you're searching for a porygon, but something that i'm wondering about is why would a porygon walk?" Said Kayla.

"Hold on Kayla look! There's two possibilities! I'll just swipe o the right and... Aha! Another Pokemon with a footprint like this! Gigalith! That would explain the giant size of the foot prints, but until Seel interrogates Jace, we have no real proof. Tell Seel to hurry up!"

Last edited:
Seel went to the mansion and found Jace cowering behind the stairs.
"What's up jace?" Seel said in a normal tone
OMG! Seel... Wait are you the pokemon who keeps capturing other pokemon Porygon said (Seel had to translate it) Porygon raced up the stairs floating away from seel. Hmm... Seel thought, it can't be Jace because he thinks it's me and he's floating.
"No Jace, it's not me but be careful i'm trying to solve the case." Seel turned on his communicator and told him that it wasn't Jace and that it was just a minor detour in the road of success. Seel jumped in he river and swam as fast as he could to the first site that the 'pokeball maniac' attacked. His lake.

"OK! So it has to be that Gigalith, but where is the Gigalith. Kayla, we'll spread out and gather testimony to see where the Gigalith went, although I think if we follow the footprints, we'll find it. Although there's one thing I'm uncertain of. But I'll tell you that later. Mimi! Please tell Wallace to run some tests on this Pokeball and then come meet us outside at the car. OK!"